Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,377 members, 7,815,801 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:39 PM

Nigeria Sport Authorities Reject Gold Wining Paralympic Athletes At Airport - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Sport Authorities Reject Gold Wining Paralympic Athletes At Airport (808 Views)

Checkout The Top Six Hottest Nigerian Female Athletes At The Commonwealth 2014 / Lagos Fans Mobbed Emenike At Airport / Success Stories of Nigerian Athletes At The All African Games (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Sport Authorities Reject Gold Wining Paralympic Athletes At Airport by ceejay80s(m): 8:14am On Sep 12, 2012
The Nigerian contingent to the just concluded London Paralympic games on Tuesday September 11 th 2012 arrived the country to a very low profile reception.
When the 29-man team arrived the Murtala Muhammed International Airport (MMIA) at about 2.30pm on Tuesday afternoon, there was no official of National Sports Commission on hand to receive them.
Some of the athletes said the government should accord them similar respect, reward as their able counterparts.
The Secretary General of the Nigeria Paralympic committee, Frank Thorpe insisted that preparations for the next Olympics in Rio de Janeiro must begin in earnest.
Nigeria finished in 22nd position at the global showpiece with a total of 13 medals comprising 6gold 5 silver and 2 bronze medals.. http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/09/11/no-glorious-welcome-for-triumphant-paralympics-team/
Re: Nigeria Sport Authorities Reject Gold Wining Paralympic Athletes At Airport by Acidosis(m): 8:50am On Sep 12, 2012
may be they were busy sharing money on the drawing board.
Re: Nigeria Sport Authorities Reject Gold Wining Paralympic Athletes At Airport by free2ryhme: 8:52am On Sep 12, 2012
ceejay80s: The Nigerian contingent to the just concluded London Paralympic games on Tuesday September 11 th 2012 arrived the country to a very low profile reception.
When the 29-man team arrived the Murtala Muhammed International Airport (MMIA) at about 2.30pm on Tuesday afternoon, there was no official of National Sports Commission on hand to receive them.
Some of the athletes said the government should accord them similar respect, reward as their able counterparts.
The Secretary General of the Nigeria Paralympic committee, Frank Thorpe insisted that preparations for the next Olympics in Rio de Janeiro must begin in earnest.
Nigeria finished in 22nd position at the global showpiece with a total of 13 medals comprising 6gold 5 silver and 2 bronze medals.. http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/09/11/no-glorious-welcome-for-triumphant-paralympics-team/

Bros your headline is misleading.. Because there was no official to receive them @ the airport does not mean they were reject ... In the bid to inform dont misinform us ... we no be mumu wey we go swallow everything hook line and sinker ....
Re: Nigeria Sport Authorities Reject Gold Wining Paralympic Athletes At Airport by ceejay80s(m): 9:02am On Sep 12, 2012
free2ryhme:

Bros your headline is misleading.. Because there was no official to receive them @ the airport does not mean they were reject ... In the bid to inform dont misinform us ... we no be mumu wey we go swallow everything hook line and sinker ....
bros, whats the differfnce? Tune into ur radio and listen to comments,besides its same headline on channels tv
Re: Nigeria Sport Authorities Reject Gold Wining Paralympic Athletes At Airport by ceejay80s(m): 9:05am On Sep 12, 2012
Out of all officials that we have,not even one of them at the airport, tell me what else to call it besides REJECTION
Re: Nigeria Sport Authorities Reject Gold Wining Paralympic Athletes At Airport by Acidosis(m): 9:09am On Sep 12, 2012
ceejay80s: Out of all officials that we have,not even one of them at the airport, tell me what else to call it besides REJECTION
we can also call it STU. PIDITY
Re: Nigeria Sport Authorities Reject Gold Wining Paralympic Athletes At Airport by MadCow1: 9:19am On Sep 12, 2012
I am even surprised we have a 'paralympics team' at all sef talkless of them actually contesting.. I am even more flabberwhelmed that they were even good enough at it to win Gold medals sef.. I always thought all handicapped people in Nigeria were beggers on the streets..

President Goodluck Jonathan should send out his jet and fly them to Abuja immediately.. This is something that should be encouraged. A good reception and policy could greatly affect the number of physically challenged street beggers in the country

Nigeria & Nigerians as a country have absolutely zero regard or thought d=for the disabled members of this country.. I remember going into a bank and seeing the troulbes a guy on a wheelchair suffered to enter the bank, it was dehumanising.. When buildings are erected, no care is given to access for the physically challenged.

The President should give the paratheletes alot of attention as they have proven that with littel support, and a will to succeed, they can move mountains.. angry

Dont judge me, we all are guilty of looking down on/ paying little attention to our physically challenged colleagues

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Sport Authorities Reject Gold Wining Paralympic Athletes At Airport by ceejay80s(m): 9:33am On Sep 12, 2012
Moderator FRONT PAGE, make everybody talk him mind

(1) (Reply)

Mikel Obi Is Back On Twitter / AFCON - Victor Moses Is Injured!! He Will Miss Nigeria Next Game / HELP! Warri Wolves Wants To Ruin My Career - Sunday Mbah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.