Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,914 members, 7,814,082 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:05 AM

Why Do Nigerians Carry Multiple Phones? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Do Nigerians Carry Multiple Phones? (997 Views)

Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? / Learn How To Clone Yourself Multiple Times In One Picture Using Your Phone / How Much Do Nigerians Love The Blackberry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Nigerians Carry Multiple Phones? by code9(m): 11:15am On Sep 12, 2012
Everyday i see people walking around with two or more mobile phones at a time. Why is it so? Is it that the Nigerian GSM industry is unstable or people just like to show off here in Nigeria or people see multiple phones as a status symbol. i don't just get it.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Carry Multiple Phones? by Lexusgs430: 12:43pm On Sep 12, 2012
Simple reason - The networks are so unsteady, so having just one networked phone could mean not been able to make or receive a call, send or receive an sms or browse the Internet when you actually want to.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Carry Multiple Phones? by LordReed(m): 1:17pm On Sep 12, 2012
code9: Everyday i see people walking around with two or more mobile phones at a time. Why is it so? Is it that the Nigerian GSM industry is unstable or people just like to show off here in Nigeria or people see multiple phones as a status symbol. i don't just get it.

I guess you don't live in Nigeria so you probably don't know that not only are fixed landlines so rare as to be non-existent to an average customer here, mobile services from any provider is not guaranteed for any period. Since people cannot sue the mobile Telcos for down times it only makes sense to have another line on standby.

On the other hand there will always be those who jump the practical reasons in other to show off. Don't be misled.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Carry Multiple Phones? by Excelboi(m): 1:45pm On Sep 12, 2012
It depends on how you interprete it. Some use it to show off while some use itt for there other network line.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Carry Multiple Phones? by walcolm(m): 2:45pm On Sep 12, 2012
code9: Everyday i see people walking around with two or more mobile phones at a time. Why is it so? Is it that the Nigerian GSM industry is unstable or people just like to show off here in Nigeria or people see multiple phones as a status symbol. i don't just get it.

i assume you're not a Nigerian and this is your first visit to Nigeria?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Carry Multiple Phones? by code9(m): 3:58pm On Sep 12, 2012
walcolm:

i assume you're not a Nigerian and this is your first visit to Nigeria?

Today i saw a lady with BB bold 5, iPhone4s and a small Nokia phone. I think NCC should start doing something to mitigate the cause of multiple phone carriage. The side effects of radiation from multiple phones could be disastrous and may have serious health implications in the long run. I may be wrong though undecided angry
Re: Why Do Nigerians Carry Multiple Phones? by walcolm(m): 6:18am On Sep 13, 2012
code9:

Today i saw a lady with BB bold 5, iPhone4s and a small Nokia phone. I think NCC should start doing something to mitigate the cause of multiple phone carriage. The side effects of radiation from multiple phones could be disastrous and may have serious health implications in the long run. I may be wrong though undecided angry

you didn't answer my question...are you a foreigner visiting Nigeria for the first time?

if you are a Nigerian, then maybe you were born outside naija and this is your first visit home?

pls confirm

(1) (Reply)

The Current Price Of Infinix Joypad 7 Anyone? / Android Gets Continuity On You PC Or Mac Via Airdroid 3 / Where To Buy Mobile Phones Online In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.