Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,144 members, 7,815,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:41 AM

Glo Must Reduce Tablets & Phones Plans Prices NOW! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Glo Must Reduce Tablets & Phones Plans Prices NOW! (1896 Views)

Top 5 NIGERIAN Owned Brand Phones And Tablets / TABLETS & PHONES CINEMA...JIAYU,XIAOMI,ELEPHONE,CHUWI,CUBE,LEADGOO...ENTER!!! / New Airtel Internet Bundle Plans, Prices And Activation Codes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Glo Must Reduce Tablets & Phones Plans Prices NOW! by luluosas(m): 4:16pm On Sep 12, 2012
Since I started using mobile internet on a handset, it has always been Glo. I remembered the first internet enabled handset I used in 2006, an 'old' Nokia 7250. At that time, though mobile browsing was not the reigning thing, but, I used to enjoy browsing on the phone through the pre installed mobile browser, on pay-as-you-surf which was 70k/kb on the Glo network at the time.
Although Glo have launched internet plans at that time, it was only available on USB Modem, there were no phone plans then. The Glo mobile phones plans was introduced later in 2011 and I have been subscribing since then.
I started with Instant Surf, which have a capped data volume of 10mb at N100 and valid for 24hrs. The reason I was subscribing to this low volume data plan was that, I was not a big time mobile internet user, as I only get to use my phone after returning from work due to the fact that, there is 24/7 internet access in our office.
After considering spending multiples of N100 for every 24 hours I needed internet connections, I discovered that it was an economic waste. I then tried 'One Week' plan, which offered 50mb data volume at N400 valid for 7 days, I still felt it was a waste as well.
Then, I started to use Always Micro. This plans offers 200mb at N1,000 and valid for 1 month(30 days). All this while, I have always thought that, the data volume being offered by Glo was enough, as I never actually exhausts 'ordinary' 200mb in a given month. So, in order not to waste the balance of my data while it is about to expire, I will buy another one, which will now increased my volume.
It continues like this until I started using my LG GX500 java phone as a Modem. I discovered that, the 2000mb Glo is selling at N1,000 was 'truly' miserable and inadequate. Under 1 month, I bought a data plan of N10,000 for a miserable 2,424mb(2Gig+) volume.
Glo, you are selling Always Max at N7,500 with a 6Gig data volume, it therefore does not make any sense for you to sell 200mb at N1,000. Thinkߗ
Re: Glo Must Reduce Tablets & Phones Plans Prices NOW! by lynxnoon(m): 4:31pm On Sep 12, 2012
yeah rite!!
While u r at it . . pls tell ur bosses at Glo to review all dia plans data n calls inclusive
Re: Glo Must Reduce Tablets & Phones Plans Prices NOW! by luluosas(m): 5:21pm On Sep 12, 2012
See my data invoice for the month of August, 2012, a whopping cost of N10,000 for a miserable 2.424G as compared to Glo Always Max with a data cap of 6G at N7,500 only.

Re: Glo Must Reduce Tablets & Phones Plans Prices NOW! by luluosas(m): 5:38pm On Sep 12, 2012
^^^^
I don't know why the attach file I included is not showing up.
It was as a result of the initial size of the file. They are now showing as the file have been resized.
Re: Glo Must Reduce Tablets & Phones Plans Prices NOW! by luluosas(m): 6:06pm On Sep 12, 2012
lynxnoon: yeah rite!!
While u r at it . . pls tell ur bosses at Glo to review all dia plans data n calls inclusive
Send another person please because, I don't work in Glo.
Re: Glo Must Reduce Tablets & Phones Plans Prices NOW! by newman10(m): 8:28pm On Sep 12, 2012
You have always been a glo fan. Why this now? wink
Re: Glo Must Reduce Tablets & Phones Plans Prices NOW! by LordReed(m): 9:25pm On Sep 12, 2012
luluosas: ^^^^
I don't know why the attach file I included is not showing up.

The photo or file is too large. Make it smaller.
Re: Glo Must Reduce Tablets & Phones Plans Prices NOW! by kejisept25: 6:44am On Sep 13, 2012
yuv got options in other ntws
Re: Glo Must Reduce Tablets & Phones Plans Prices NOW! by luluosas(m): 7:45am On Sep 13, 2012
newman10: You have always been a glo fan. Why this now? wink
You are very correct. Being a fan of a brand does not in any way make me never to criticize when necessary. I am a Glo fan and will remain so. Here is my page of Glo on Facebook www.facebook.com/globrandpromoter
Re: Glo Must Reduce Tablets & Phones Plans Prices NOW! by luluosas(m): 7:48am On Sep 13, 2012
kejisept25: yuv got options in other ntws
You are right but, I'm in love with Glo and will remain so despite their not too encouraging services. Nevertheless, I will continue to criticize them when necessary. Thanks.
Re: Glo Must Reduce Tablets & Phones Plans Prices NOW! by luluosas(m): 8:48am On Sep 13, 2012
Lord_Reed:

The photo or file is too large. Make it smaller.
You are very correct. The original size I was trying to upload was 371kb on resolution 1024X768, which was far larger than required. The maximum file size required by Nairaland for uploads is 200kb.
Thank you so much as I have now resized the file to 55kb on resolution 640X480. It is attached here now, which is the amount I spent last month August 2012, to buy data plans from Glo.

Re: Glo Must Reduce Tablets & Phones Plans Prices NOW! by Nobody: 9:52pm On Sep 13, 2012
Glo sales boys. Una try, but tell ur Bosses, WE ARE OK WITH AIRTEL. Sp33d is an atitude. Airtel Nigeria, the best network in 9ja
Re: Glo Must Reduce Tablets & Phones Plans Prices NOW! by luluosas(m): 2:38pm On Sep 14, 2012
aze: Glo sales boys. Una try, but tell ur Bosses, WE ARE OK WITH AIRTEL. Sp33d is an atitude. Airtel Nigeria, the best network in 9ja
See me see trouble oh. Did I tell you I work at Glo? I am a patriotic Glo user please, understand this ok.
Re: Glo Must Reduce Tablets & Phones Plans Prices NOW! by luluosas(m): 3:23pm On Sep 15, 2012
Check the attached file and you will agree with me that, the Glo mobile internet plans for phones are very expensive.

Re: Glo Must Reduce Tablets & Phones Plans Prices NOW! by ziccoit: 3:41pm On Sep 15, 2012
Number portability implementation will separate boys from men. Certainly my Glo is going over to etisalat. Why?

Crap network

Crap BB service

Crap data and voice services

Poor customer care(all are guilty of this)

It was my mtn line that was marked for migration but Glo has unfortunately overtaken that lofty position.
Re: Glo Must Reduce Tablets & Phones Plans Prices NOW! by luluosas(m): 7:20pm On Sep 15, 2012
ziccoit: Number portability implementation will separate boys from men. Certainly my Glo is going over to etisalat. Why?

Crap network

Crap BB service

Crap data and voice services

Poor customer care(all are guilty of this)

It was my mtn line that was marked for migration but Glo has unfortunately overtaken that lofty position.
Yes my friend, number portability will usher in better services but, is NCC ready to start the implementation?
See www.nairaland.com/781969/nigeria-mobile-number-portability-begins#12149328#9340808
Although I am not holding brief for Glo on the issues you raised but, all the telecom service providers in Nigeria are the same. The quality being offered today by them are location base, a thing that ought to be available everywhere throughout Nigeria. Their primary aim is to milk us dry especially those 'yellow' boys. So, I will stick with Glo though. How do you see this?
Re: Glo Must Reduce Tablets & Phones Plans Prices NOW! by ziccoit: 7:50pm On Sep 15, 2012
luluosas:
Yes my friend, number portability will usher in better services but, is NCC ready to start the implementation?
See www.nairaland.com/781969/nigeria-mobile-number-portability-begins#12149328#9340808
Although I am not holding brief for Glo on the issues you raised but, all the telecom service providers in Nigeria are the same. The quality being offered today by them are location base, a thing that ought to be available everywhere throughout Nigeria. Their primary aim is to milk us dry especially those 'yellow' boys. So, I will stick with Glo though. How do you see this?

I stay in a state capital where all the network providers have their presence. When I say "presence", I mean 3G network. My primary line was Glo on bb. I have others each of which I could swap at will on my 2nd phone without looking back. In fact, I only give people my Glo number and register accounts only with it which I'm now regretting.

Glo bb service has been on and off untill about 4 mth ago when it did network upgrade in my state to cover all the major cities and their environs with 3G service. What do you expect? A better service? But no, the data and bb service inspite of full bars 3G network on my bb was practically unusable. I gave Glo ccs calls now and then without a solution. They, most of the time, denied the obvious situation. That is why I need to consider jumping to etisalat.

On MNP implementation, there is going to be a forum In Lagos on 26th of this month which has already been backed by MTN and etisalat. The aim is to discuss the adv and disv of MNP and trash out some important issues in preparation to full implementation. NCC may commence MNP before this year runs to an end.
Re: Glo Must Reduce Tablets & Phones Plans Prices NOW! by luluosas(m): 11:38pm On Sep 15, 2012
ziccoit:

I stay in a state capital where all the network providers have their presence. When I say "presence", I mean 3G network. My primary line was Glo on bb. I have others each of which I could swap at will on my 2nd phone without looking back. In fact, I only give people my Glo number and register accounts only with it which I'm now regretting.

Glo bb service has been on and off untill about 4 mth ago when it did network upgrade in my state to cover all the major cities and their environs with 3G service. What do you expect? A better service? But no, the data and bb service inspite of full bars 3G network on my bb was practically unusable. I gave Glo ccs calls now and then without a solution. They, most of the time, denied the obvious situation. That is why I need to consider jumping to etisalat.

On MNP implementation, there is going to be a forum In Lagos on 26th of this month which has already been backed by MTN and etisalat. The aim is to discuss the adv and disv of MNP and trash out some important issues in preparation to full implementation. NCC may commence MNP before this year runs to an end.

Well, you are in better position to take decision on which service to use. I resides in a state capital as well but, only Airtel have 3g services here now. I have the 4 major networks Sim cards and though I am not using any Smart device yet, but I don't swap my Glo Sim with others for anything, as I am basically not disappointed in anyway in using Glo.
I just hope the forum to be held on MNP will fasten its implementations.
Re: Glo Must Reduce Tablets & Phones Plans Prices NOW! by luluosas(m): 4:03pm On Jan 28, 2013
If you are still subscribing to the normal Glo internet plans while the BB plans are working outside BB phones, you are definitely wasting your money. Visit this thread https://www.nairaland.com/1140414/glo-blackberry-plans-phones-other and see the actions of people there. Good luck.

(1) (Reply)

Playstation Phones That Sony Never Made / Pls How Do I Save Pictures From Instagram / Solution On How To Retrieve Your Lost Contact When You Upgrade Infinix Hot2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.