Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,511 members, 7,954,935 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:50 PM

Those Who Depart - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Those Who Depart (3167 Views)

Depart From Evil / Daily Devotional: Depart From Evil / Christ Embassey, Please Depart From False Doctrine, End Is Near (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Those Who Depart by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:20pm On Sep 12, 2012
Those Who Depart
September 12, 2012

"They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us" (1 John 2:19).

One of the most hurtful experiences in the life of a Biblebelieving fellowship is when an ostensibly Christian leader, teacher, or pastor decides to abandon his faith and even to teach against it. This sort of thing does happen all too often, and it obviously raises difficult questions.

Can a true believer, a teacher of the Word, a soul-winner, actually lose his salvation? Can a born-again Christian go back and be unborn? Can one who has received everlasting life through faith in Christ not really have eternal life?

If so, what about the many promises which have assured us that "ye may know that ye have eternal life" (1 John 5:13) and that we "shall never perish" (John 10:28 )?

The answer to this vexing question is apparently in our text verse above. When such people, who once seemed to be genuine Christians become apostates, denouncing the truth they once taught, it is because "they were not of us" at all, no matter what they professed at one time.

This fact implies a sober warning. When professing Christians fall away, assuming they have truly understood the facts and evidences of the Christian faith, it is impossible "to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put Him to an open shame" (Hebrews 6:6).

How important it is, therefore, for all professing believers to "give diligence to make your calling and election sure" (2 Peter 1:10). We must be "rooted and built up in him" (Colossians 2:7), "ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear" (1 Peter 3:15). HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Those Who Depart by olubuffett: 8:00pm On Sep 12, 2012
Ride on bro, those are (actors) unbelievers pretending to be born again.
Re: Those Who Depart by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:55am On Sep 13, 2012
olubuffett:

Ride on bro, those are (actors) unbelievers pretending to be born again.

You are blessed my brother. Let us meditate on the admonition in the article above, especially the one I quoted below so that we can be counted worthy.

How important it is, therefore, for all professing believers to "give diligence to make your calling and election sure" (2 Peter 1:10). We must be "rooted and built up in him" (Colossians 2:7), "ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear"(1 Peter 3:15)
Re: Those Who Depart by Nobody: 3:18am On Sep 13, 2012
Why not be straight forward by appending "TO Frosbel" to the topic title... grin
Re: Those Who Depart by ijawkid(m): 6:38am On Sep 13, 2012
musKeeto: Why not be straight forward by appending "TO Frosbel" to the topic title... grin

Exactly...

Let him just re-edit the topic to be "" those who depart..e.g frosbel""....lol...

The boy has left d pagan trinity dogma, hell fire,immortality of the soul,rapture ,christmas too I hope for olaadegbu and Co...........

@ola......frosbel has only been doing one very good thing::::

Testing the scriptures and leaving man made/pagan traditions that has had a firm grip on the churches for too long...

Remember human/pagan traditions and the principles of GOD don't ryhme.......

No vex o I jus dey talk.....
Ur still my pal.....
Re: Those Who Depart by Nobody: 11:18am On Sep 13, 2012
This is exactly how the catholic church used the fear of eternal torment to retain their members and place them in perpetual bondage and misery for centuries.

With Deeper life , the moment you leave their fold, they call you an unbeliever and disassociate with you, even going to the extend of telling other members to beware of you.

This is the true mark of a cult. They use twisted scripture to hold their members in fear.

I have been delivered from this nonsense, praise GOD.
Re: Those Who Depart by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:44pm On Sep 13, 2012
musKeeto:

Why not be straight forward by appending "TO Frosbel" to the topic title... grin

Do you think the topic applies to him?
Re: Those Who Depart by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:49pm On Sep 13, 2012
ijawkid:

Exactly...

Let him just re-edit the topic to be "" those who depart..e.g frosbel""....lol...

The boy has left d pagan trinity dogma, hell fire,immortality of the soul,rapture ,christmas too I hope for olaadegbu and Co...........

Testing the scriptures and leaving man made/pagan traditions that has had a firm grip on the churches for too long...

Ur still my pal.....

You mean he left the tri-une God, the belief in the existence of hell fire and the immortality of his soul, that he is no longer rapturable and you call this a time to celebrate?
Re: Those Who Depart by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:52pm On Sep 13, 2012
frosbel: This is exactly how the catholic church used the fear of eternal torment to retain their members and place them in perpetual bondage and misery for centuries.

With Deeper life , the moment you leave their fold, they call you an unbeliever and disassociate with you, even going to the extend of telling other members to beware of you.

This is the true mark of a cult. They use twisted scripture to hold their members in fear.

I have been delivered from this nonsense, praise GOD.

Deeper Life is just a means to an end it is not an end in itself. That you left a local church assembly doesn't necessary mean that you have left the faith but when you begin to say that you no longer believe the bible doctrines but now believe in herectical teachings then we can only pray that God should have mercy on you.
Re: Those Who Depart by Fr0sbel: 2:18pm On Sep 13, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

You mean he left the tri-une God,

God is not a triune God, he is ONE.

"Who has done this and carried it through, calling forth the generations from the beginning? I, the LORD--with the first of them and with the last--I am he." - Isaiah 41:4

"Deuteronomy 32:39 "See now that I myself am He! There is no god besides me. I put to death and I bring to life, I have wounded and I will heal, and no one can deliver out of my hand."

What do the words I and HE mean in your opinion ? Does it mean a 3 god God or one GOD

the belief in the existence of hell fire

Apart from the ONE verse in the whole bible about the parable of the rich man who by the way had no name , show me 2 to 3 more verses from the old to new testaments where there is mention of hell after death.

and the immortality of his soul

I will show you 4 verses of scripture where man is described as mortal, can you also show me 4 verses that describe man as immortal.

"Can a mortal be more righteous than God? Can a man be more pure than his Maker?" - Job 4:17

"I, even I, am he who comforts you. Who are you that you fear mortal men, the sons of men, who are but grass" - Isaiah 51:12

"Then the LORD said, "My Spirit will not contend with man forever, for he is mortal ; his days will be a hundred and twenty years." - Genesis 6:3

"In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can mortal man do to me?" - Psalm 56:4

that he is no longer rapturable

Show me where rapture is used in the bible.

Also show me in the bible where there is a silent second coming of Jesus .
Re: Those Who Depart by Nobody: 2:30pm On Sep 13, 2012
ijawkid:

Exactly...

Ur still my pal.....
grin grin rivers of living waters flowing through Frosbels veins JOHN 7 VS 38
Re: Those Who Depart by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:02pm On Sep 13, 2012
Fr0sbel:

God is not a triune God, he is ONE.

"Who has done this and carried it through, calling forth the generations from the beginning? I, the LORD--with the first of them and with the last--I am he." - Isaiah 41:4

"Deuteronomy 32:39 "See now that I myself am He! There is no god besides me. I put to death and I bring to life, I have wounded and I will heal, and no one can deliver out of my hand."

What do the words I and HE mean in your opinion ? Does it mean a 3 god God or one GOD

Our Lord Jesus Christ also used these words for Himself.

In John 8:58 Jesus says,

"Before Abraham was, I am."

I AM was the most revered divine name of God in the Old Testament (Ex. 3:14). Christ was not merely claiming that He existed before Abraham, but that He was still in existence before Abraham. Dr. A.T. Robertson, one of the greatest Greek scholars who ever lived, had this to say about John 8:58 after translating it "I am":

"Undoubtedly here Jesus claims eternal existence with the absolute phrase used of God."

You may say that you know more than Dr. A. T. Robertson. Lets use Scripture to interprete the Scripture you quoted above:

Is Jesus Christ your Lord and Saviour? If yes lets consider a similar verse from Isaiah 43:10 and 11

"You are my witnesses, says the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that you may know and believe me, and understand that I am He: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after Me. I, even I, am the LORD; and beside Me there is no saviour.," (Isaiah 43:10,11)

If you study this verse objectively, you will discover the following pointers:

There always has been and always will be only one true God.

There is no Saviour of the world except for this one true God.

Therefore, the Saviour of the world must be the one true God.

This leads to another question:

Is Jesus the Saviour of the world?

I do not think that anyone who has read the New Testament would dispute this.

Therefore, since:

The one true God is the only Saviour of the world (Isaiah 43:10,11), and

Jesus is the Saviour of the world (Titus 2:13; 2 Peter 1:1),

Jesus must therefore be the one true God.

To deny that Jesus is the one true God, one would either have to deny that Jesus is the Saviour, or say that God is lying to us in Isaiah 43:11. Neither alternative fits with Scripture.

Does Titus 2:13 teach that Jesus is God our Saviour?

In Titus 2:13 it states the following:

"Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; Who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify to Himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works."

Paul is here through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit stating clearly that it is Jesus Christ who is our great God and Saviour.

QED.
Re: Those Who Depart by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:12pm On Sep 13, 2012
Fr0sbel:

Apart from the ONE verse in the whole bible about the parable of the rich man who by the way had no name , show me 2 to 3 more verses from the old to new testaments where there is mention of hell after death.

I will show you 4 verses of scripture where man is described as mortal, can you also show me 4 verses that describe man as immortal.

"Can a mortal be more righteous than God? Can a man be more pure than his Maker?" - Job 4:17

"I, even I, am he who comforts you. Who are you that you fear mortal men, the sons of men, who are but grass" - Isaiah 51:12

"Then the LORD said, "My Spirit will not contend with man forever, for he is mortal ; his days will be a hundred and twenty years." - Genesis 6:3

"In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can mortal man do to me?" - Psalm 56:4

Let me answer both questions with the following Scriptures that prove the reality of hell fire and the immortality of our souls.

Jesus spoke of the reality of hell fire more than you could imagine. He said here that:

"I am He that lives, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death" (Rev. 1:18).

The Bible also refers to the fate of the unsaved with such fearful words:

"Shame and everlasting contempt" (Daniel 12:2)

"Everlasting punishment" (Mathew 25:46)

"Weeping and gnashing of teeth" (Matthew 24:51)

"Fire unquenchable" (Luke 3:17)

"Indignation and wrath, tribulation and anguish" (Romans 2:8,9)

"Everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord" (2 Thessalonians 1:9)

"Eternal fire...the blackness of darkness for ever" (Jude 7,13)
Re: Those Who Depart by Nobody: 3:21pm On Sep 13, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Our Lord Jesus Christ also used these words for Himself.

In John 8:58 Jesus says,

"Before Abraham was, I am."

Surely this is not difficult to grasp, Jesus saying I AM. I AM is not GOD's name, his name is Yahweh or Yehovah.

Secondly ,before Abraham I am is simply clarifying the origin or coming forth of Christ who is the WORD of GOD.

You may say that you know more than Dr. A. T. Robertson. Lets use Scripture to interprete the Scripture you quoted above:

Because he has Dr. to his name grin

Peter a fisherman would have trounced him with the bible.

Is Jesus Christ your Lord and Saviour? If yes lets consider a similar verse from Isaiah 43:10 and 11

Yes he is and I LOVE him.

"You are my witnesses, says the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that you may know and believe me, and understand that I am He: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after Me. I, even I, am the LORD; and beside Me there is no saviour.," (Isaiah 43:10,11)

If you study this verse objectively, you will discover the following pointers:

There always has been and always will be only one true God.

There is no Saviour of the world except for this one true God.

Therefore, the Saviour of the world must be the one true God.

good , so now we know there is ONE GOD.

Is Jesus the Saviour of the world?

God saved mankind through his SON the saviour of mankind.

In other words God almighty triggered off our salvation through the WORD that was with him from the beginning , and brought his plan for saving mankind into existence by Christ Jesus our Lord and the WORD of GOD.

Therefore, since:

The one true God is the only Saviour of the world (Isaiah 43:10,11), and

God is our saviour through Christ Jesus our Lord who btw is the redeemer of mankind and hence also saviour.

Jesus is the Saviour of the world (Titus 2:13; 2 Peter 1:1),

In Titus, 2 persons are mentioned ,and Paul takes care to distinguish them as follows :

Titus 2:13
New International Version (NIV)
13 while we wait for the blessed hope—the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ,

1. Great God who is the Alpha and Omega

2. Saviour Christ Jesus

2 Peter 1
1 Simon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ,
To those who through the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ have received a faith as precious as ours:
2 Grace and peace be yours in abundance through the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord.

Again Peter takes care to distinguish between :

1. GOD
2. Saviour Christ Jesus

To deny that Jesus is the one true God, one would either have to deny that Jesus is the Saviour, or say that God is lying to us in Isaiah 43:11. Neither alternative fits with Scripture.

Foul.

Jesus called God his GOD a 'million times' all over scripture.

It was GOD through his spirit who was in Christ Jesus reconciling the world unto himself not the other way round.

"that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting men's sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation." - 2 Corinthians 5:19

If we are to believe your logic, the scripture above will read :

"that God was reconciling the world to himself in God, not counting men's sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation." - 2 Corinthians 5:19

Makes no sense.

Paul is here through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit stating clearly that it is Jesus Christ who is our great God and Saviour.

Nope.

Paul and Peter almost always open their letters with greetings through God and Lord Jesus Christ.

examples :

1 Corinthians 1
1 Paul, called to be an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, and our brother Sosthenes,

4 I always thank my God for you because of his grace given you in Christ Jesus.
6 God thus confirming our testimony about Christ among you
9 God is faithful, who has called you into fellowship with his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

not QED grin
Re: Those Who Depart by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:26pm On Sep 13, 2012
Fr0sbel:

Show me where rapture is used in the bible.

Also show me in the bible where there is a silent second coming of Jesus .

"Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord" (1 Thessalonians 4:17).

You want to know where rapture is used in the Bible? The word 'rapture' may not be there literally but the word 'caught up' in Greek is harpazo which is the same word used in 2 Corinthians 12:2,4; Acts 8:39 and Revelation 12:5. The English word 'rapture' comes from the Latin word 'raptus' which means 'carried away' and we (who are expecting His appearance) shall forever be with our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
Re: Those Who Depart by Nobody: 3:32pm On Sep 13, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

"Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord" (1 Thessalonians 4:17).

You want to know where rapture is used in the Bible? The word 'rapture' may not be there literally but the word 'caught up' in Greek is harpazo which is the same word used in 2 Corinthians 12:2,4; Acts 8:39 and Revelation 12:5. The English word 'rapture' comes from the Latin word 'raptus' which means 'carried away' and we (who are expecting His appearance) shall forever be with our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

hmmm, but 'carried away' is not the same as 'caught up' , right ?

Brother you really need to slow down and re-read scripture, you have absorbed so much false doctrine you are getting confused.

And even if we equate the rapture with 'caught up ' there is absolutely nothing silent about it.

16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. 18 Therefore encourage one another with these words. 1 Thessalonians 4

Nothing secret about it SIR
Re: Those Who Depart by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:38pm On Sep 13, 2012
frosbel:

Surely this is not difficult to grasp, Jesus saying I AM. I AM is not GOD's name, his name is Yahweh or Yehovah.

Secondly ,before Abraham I am is simply clarifying the origin or coming forth of Christ who is the WORD of GOD.

Jesus Christ possesses divine names—names that can only be used of God. For example:

Jesus is Yahweh. Yahweh is a very common Hebrew name for God in the Old Testament, occurring over 5,300 times. It is translated Lord (all capitals) in many English translations of the Bible.

We first learn of this name in Exodus 3, where Moses asked God by what name He should be called. God replied to him, "I AM WHO I AM. . . .Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you" (verse 14). Yahweh is basically a shortened form of "I AM WHO I AM" (verse 15). The name conveys the idea of eternal self-existence. Yahweh never came into being at a point in time for He has always existed.

Jesus implicitly ascribed this divine name to himself during a confrontation He had with a group of hostile Jews. He said, "I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM" (John 8:58). Jesus deliberately contrasted the created origin of Abraham—whom the Jews venerated—with His own eternal, uncreated nature as God

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/nab2/is-jesus-god
Re: Those Who Depart by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:57pm On Sep 13, 2012
frosbel:

Because he has Dr. to his name grin

Peter a fisherman would have trounced him with the bible.

At least he used his knowledge to translate the Bible into a language you can understand what have you used your supposed knowledge for other than to cause confussion for yourself and those that hear you?

frosbel:

Yes he is and I LOVE him.

If you truly love Him you should be feeding His sheep not poisoning them.

frosbel:

good , so now we know there is ONE GOD.

There has always been One God (The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit) = One God

frosbel:

God saved mankind through his SON the saviour of mankind.

In other words God almighty triggered off our salvation through the WORD that was with him from the beginning , and brought his plan for saving mankind into existence by Christ Jesus our Lord and the WORD of GOD.

God is our saviour through Christ Jesus our Lord who btw is the redeemer of mankind and hence also saviour.

frosbel:

In Titus, 2 persons are mentioned ,and Paul takes care to distinguish them as follows :

Titus 2:13
13 while we wait for the blessed hope—the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ,

1. Great God who is the Alpha and Omega

2. Saviour Christ Jesus

Is it the Father or the Son that is going to appear when He comes?

frosbel:

2 Peter 1
1 Simon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ,
To those who through the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ have received a faith as precious as ours:
2 Grace and peace be yours in abundance through the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord.

Again Peter takes care to distinguish between :

1. GOD
2. Saviour Christ Jesus

If you are consistent with your reasoning then it means you have 2 Saviours that you worship and that makes you an idol worshipper.

frosbel:

Foul.

Jesus called God his GOD a 'million times' all over scripture.

Can you show me the 'million times' Jesus called God His God other than when He fulfilled prophecy on the cross?

frosbel:

It was GOD through his spirit who was in Christ Jesus reconciling the world unto himself not the other way round.

"that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting men's sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation." - 2 Corinthians 5:19

If we are to believe your logic, the scripture above will read :

"that God was reconciling the world to himself in God, not counting men's sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation." - 2 Corinthians 5:19

Makes no sense.

The fact that God was reconciling the world through the humanity of Christ does not detract from the intrinsic deity of Jesus Christ

frosbel:

Nope.

Paul and Peter almost always open their letters with greetings through God and Lord Jesus Christ.

examples :

1 Corinthians 1
1 Paul, called to be an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, and our brother Sosthenes,

4 I always thank my God for you because of his grace given you in Christ Jesus.
6 God thus confirming our testimony about Christ among you
9 God is faithful, who has called you into fellowship with his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

not QED grin

This is the grasshopper approached adopted by your mentors. I quoted Titus 2:13 to show you that Jesus Christ who is to appear to us was called God and Saviour, Thomas called Him My Lord and my God and you are here jumping to other verses to distract from the issue at hand.
Re: Those Who Depart by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:02pm On Sep 13, 2012
frosbel:

hmmm, but 'carried away' is not the same as 'caught up' , right ?

Brother you really need to slow down and re-read scripture, you have absorbed so much false doctrine you are getting confused.

And even if we equate the rapture with 'caught up ' there is absolutely nothing silent about it.

16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. 18 Therefore encourage one another with these words. 1 Thessalonians 4

Nothing secret about it SIR

What did you learn about the doctrine of the rapture while you spent 'several years' in Deeper Life? You don't seem to have a clue.
Re: Those Who Depart by OmoAlata(f): 7:44pm On Sep 13, 2012
Ah, So Frosbel was once a believer?? What on earth happened? shocked shocked
Re: Those Who Depart by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:19pm On Sep 13, 2012
Omo Alata:

Ah, So Frosbel was once a believer?? What on earth happened? shocked shocked

He decided that he could do it alone.

Re: Those Who Depart by ijawkid(m): 10:09pm On Sep 13, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Jesus Christ possesses divine names—names that can only be used of God. For example:

Jesus is Yahweh. Yahweh is a very common Hebrew name for God in the Old Testament, occurring over 5,300 times. It is translated Lord (all capitals) in many English translations of the Bible.

We first learn of this name in Exodus 3, where Moses asked God by what name He should be called. God replied to him, "I AM WHO I AM. . . .Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you" (verse 14). Yahweh is basically a shortened form of "I AM WHO I AM" (verse 15). The name conveys the idea of eternal self-existence. Yahweh never came into being at a point in time for He has always existed.

Jesus implicitly ascribed this divine name to himself during a confrontation He had with a group of hostile Jews. He said, "I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM" (John 8:58). Jesus deliberately contrasted the created origin of Abraham—whom the Jews venerated—with His own eternal, uncreated nature as God

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/nab2/is-jesus-god

Ola something must be wrong with u....

How can Jesus be Yahweh.??

Now that's heresy.....u better go for a brain check....

Now I know u don't believe in the trinity that talks about 3 distinct persons.....

Ur against ur doctrine....

How can Jesus be Yahweh and worship himself.....

Gibberish....
Re: Those Who Depart by Nobody: 10:33pm On Sep 13, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

What did you learn about the doctrine of the rapture while you spent 'several years' in Deeper Life? You don't seem to have a clue.

I learnt that I had been deceived for many years with false doctrine.
Re: Those Who Depart by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:42pm On Sep 13, 2012
ijawkid:

Ola something must be wrong with u....

How can Jesus be Yahweh.??

Now that's heresy.....u better go for a brain check....

Now I know u don't believe in the trinity that talks about 3 distinct persons.....

Ur against ur doctrine....

How can Jesus be Yahweh and worship himself.....

Gibberish....

You still haven't got a clue of what the godhead is all about.
Re: Those Who Depart by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:44pm On Sep 13, 2012
frosbel:

I learnt that I had been deceived for many years with false doctrine.

The Shepherd is still calling you today, you will hear His voice if you listen.

Re: Those Who Depart by Nobody: 10:59pm On Sep 13, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

At least he used his knowledge to translate the Bible into a language you can understand what have you used your supposed knowledge for other than to cause confussion for yourself and those that hear you?

And you think he is 100% correct , You also support Hal Lindsey who is a false prophet .

Mate you are not the pope, you are not perfect , none of us is.

If you truly love Him you should be feeding His sheep not poisoning them.

On the contrary I am trying to loosen the cult's grip on them and make them think for themselves , read the bible themselves, go direct to God and Jesus for the answers to their problems and not to MAN .

"This is what the LORD says: "Cursed is the one who trusts in man, who depends on flesh for his strength and whose heart turns away from the LORD." - Jeremiah 17:5

There has always been One God (The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit) = One God

No . God is ONE , I will keep saying this as long you have ears grin

Is it the Father or the Son that is going to appear when He comes?

Both

Can you show me the 'million times' Jesus called God His God other than when He fulfilled prophecy on the cross?

"12 The one who is victorious I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will they leave it. I will write on them the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God; and I will also write on them my new name." - Revelation 3:12

In just this small part , Jesus used 'my God' 3 times.

What does this mean to you, my God = God.

And why is it that in the entire book of Acts which was the history of the church, Jesus was never refered to Jesus as God.

Acts 3:13
The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the God of our fathers, has glorified his servant Jesus. You handed him over to be killed, and you disowned him before Pilate, though he had decided to let him go.

Why was Lord Jesus not called GOD here, why is there a clear demarcation between the mention of God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob,the God of your fathers and his servant Jesus.

Here again , we have God exalting Jesus to his right hand, or is it GOD exalting GOD to his right hand ?

Acts 5:31
God exalted him to his own right hand as Prince and Savior that he might bring Israel to repentance and forgive their sins.

The fact that God was reconciling the world through the humanity of Christ does not detract from the intrinsic deity of Jesus Christ

Sorry but you lost me here, God was not in God reconciling the world to himself , he was in his servant Jesus reconciling the world to himself.

This is the grasshopper approached adopted by your mentors. I quoted Titus 2:13 to show you that Jesus Christ who is to appear to us was called God and Saviour, Thomas called Him My Lord and my God and you are here jumping to other verses to distract from the issue at hand.

Jesus is a god , our Lord, he is not Yahweh, I thought this had been explained to your previously.
Re: Those Who Depart by ijawkid(m): 6:00am On Sep 14, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

You still haven't got a clue of what the godhead is all about.

What Godhead.......??

The Godhead in which ur likes formed and forced in 3 persons??.....

Ok from ur assertions I can conclude that Jesus is the Holy spirit.....

How about that??

Meanwhile I'll urge u to use other translations and see the other renderings for ur favorite word ""GODhead""

It seems whenever u hear Godhead it makes u think of a manifold....

That's d most serious problem ur having.....

2 Likes

Re: Those Who Depart by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:45am On Sep 14, 2012
frosbel:

And you think he is 100% correct , You also support Hal Lindsey who is a false prophet.

Mate you are not the pope, you are not perfect , none of us is.

You think everyone else except you and your mentors are not false prophets, no?

frosbel:

On the contrary I am trying to loosen the cult's grip on them and make them think for themselves , read the bible themselves, go direct to God and Jesus for the answers to their problems and not to MAN .

"This is what the LORD says: "Cursed is the one who trusts in man, who depends on flesh for his strength and whose heart turns away from the LORD." - Jeremiah 17:5

So what happens to the articles of heretics you post that supports your abominable beliefs? Is that what you call direct access to God?

frosbel:

No . God is ONE , I will keep saying this as long you have ears grin

No one is contesting the fact that God is One, it is just you splitting your hairs over what you cannot comprehend.

frosbel:

Both

If I remember correctly, you and your fellow JW's claimed that God cannot be seen. So how do you expect to see Him and live when He appears?

frosbel:

"12 The one who is victorious I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will they leave it. I will write on them the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God; and I will also write on them my new name." - Revelation 3:12

In just this small part , Jesus used 'my God' 3 times.

What does this mean to you, my God = God.

Yes, it is true that the Son called the Father my God just as it is equally true that the Father called the Son God.

frosbel:

And why is it that in the entire book of Acts which was the history of the church, Jesus was never refered to Jesus as God.

Acts 3:13
The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the God of our fathers, has glorified his servant Jesus. You handed him over to be killed, and you disowned him before Pilate, though he had decided to let him go.

Why was Lord Jesus not called GOD here, why is there a clear demarcation between the mention of God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob,the God of your fathers and his servant Jesus.

Here again , we have God exalting Jesus to his right hand, or is it GOD exalting GOD to his right hand ?

Acts 5:31
God exalted him to his own right hand as Prince and Savior that he might bring Israel to repentance and forgive their sins.

That is because you have not read the whole Acts of the Apostles which is essentially the acts of the third Person in trinity.

"Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost has made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which He has purchased with His own blood (Acts 20:28).

You can see proofs here that both Jesus Christ and the Holy Ghost are members of the Divine trinity. If you have the right spectacles on you will see that the Holy Spirit is a Person and the executive of God over all the church and He is the One who has made men overseers who should be good examples to the flock.

frosbel:

Sorry but you lost me here, God was not in God reconciling the world to himself , he was in his servant Jesus reconciling the world to himself.

You are already lost and need to retrace your steps.

frosbel:

Jesus is a god , our Lord, he is not Yahweh, I thought this had been explained to your previously.

This statement of yours confirms how lost you are. I remember when you where arguing that Jesus is the same as the Father, now you have degenerated to calling Jesus Christ a god. Do you now see how hanging out with the wrong crowd corrupts?
Re: Those Who Depart by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:48am On Sep 14, 2012
ijawkid:

What Godhead.......??

The Godhead in which ur likes formed and forced in 3 persons??.....

Ok from ur assertions I can conclude that Jesus is the Holy spirit.....

How about that??

Meanwhile I'll urge u to use other translations and see the other renderings for ur favorite word ""GODhead""

It seems whenever u hear Godhead it makes u think of a manifold....

That's d most serious problem ur having.....

Do you mean that I should use your New World Translation that calls the Word in John 1:1 "a god"?
Re: Those Who Depart by Nobody: 12:11pm On Sep 14, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

You thing everyone else except you and your mentors are not false prophets, no?

Not necessarily, there are many good teachers here on Nairaland and elsewhere, but there are equally false prophets abounding in these last days , and you seem to take multiple references from not a few of them.

So what happens to the articles of heretics you post that supports your abominable beliefs? Is that what you call direct access to God?

What are abominable beliefs, you seem to be so entrenched in the cultic teachings of deeper life , that you simply cannot accept any other point of view.

No one is contesting the fact that God is One, it is just you splitting your hairs over what you cannot comprehend.

No , you are.

You are indeed a Polytheist who believes in 3 gods and not one GOD.

If I remember correctly, you and your fellow JW's claimed that God cannot be seen. So how do you expect to see Him and live when He appears?

I take my education from the school of God not JW or Deeper life for that matter.

"Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God." - Matthew 5:8

Yes, it is true that the Son called the Father my God just as it is equally true that the Father called the Son God.

No , he did not.

he called him God not Yahweh.

That is because you have not read the whole Acts of the Apostles which is essentially the acts of the third Person in trinity.

lol

You can see proofs here that both Jesus Christ and the Holy Ghost are members of the Divine trinity. If you have the right spectacles on you will see that the Holy Spirit is a Person and the executive of God over all the church and He is the One who has made men overseers who should be good examples to the flock.

God is one, btw , why does the Holy Spirit not have a separate throne.

You are already lost and need to retrace your steps.

I do not need the member of a cult to tell me I am lost.

The bible speaks otherwise and rebukes your statement.

"That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." - Romans 10:9

This statement of yours confirms how lost you are.

No surprise, deeper lifers spend most of their time pointing out those who are lost and those who are saved.

In doing so they have already disobeyed a command of God.

"Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time; wait till the Lord comes. He will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of men's hearts. At that time each will receive his praise from God." - 1 Corinthians 4:5

I remember when you where arguing that Jesus is the same as the Father, now you have degenerated to calling Jesus Christ a god. Do you now see how hanging out with the wrong crowd corrupts?

God loves , sincere, humble hearts and he will reward a seeking heart with the real truth.

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you." - Matthew 7:7
Re: Those Who Depart by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:51pm On Sep 14, 2012
frosbel:

Not necessarily, there are many good teachers here on Nairaland and elsewhere, but there are equally false prophets abounding in these last days , and you seem to take multiple references from not a few of them.

See a pot calling the kettle black.

frosbel:

What are abominable beliefs, you seem to be so entrenched in the cultic teachings of deeper life , that you simply cannot accept any other point of view.

The teachings of Deeper Life are the bible doctrines and you must have been asleep during bible studies while you spent 'several years' there and now that you have departed you seem to be 'awake' and 'alive' to the doctrines of devils that you now embrace.

frosbel:

No , you are.

You are indeed a Polytheist who believes in 3 gods and not one GOD.

You now believe in a god (which you call Jesus) and in the Almighty God, does that not make you a polytheist?

frosbel:

I take my education from the school of God not JW or Deeper life for that matter.

"Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God." - Matthew 5:8

Does that 'school of God' confuse you into believing contradicting things? You first believed that The Jesus is the Father before switching to believe that He is just a man. The true God is not the author of confusion. This should tell you that you've missed the road and you need to retrace your steps.

frosbel:

No , he did not.

he called him God not Yahweh.

So you admit that God called Jesus God?

frosbel:

lol

Was that funny to you?

frosbel:

God is one, btw , why does the Holy Spirit not have a separate throne.

Was it not you asserting that it was only the Father that had a throne? What happened to this verse:

"But to the Son He says, Your throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of your kingdom" (Hebrews 1:cool.

Here you can see the Father addressing His eternal Son, who now is both God and man, that is, the God/man. He even mentions His throne.

frosbel:

I do not need the member of a cult to tell me I am lost.

The bible speaks otherwise and rebukes your statement.

"That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." - Romans 10:9

You already confessed with your mouth that Jesus is a god, just a man. How do you want to reconcile that with the verse above?

frosbel:

No surprise, deeper lifers spend most of their time pointing out those who are lost and those who are saved.

In doing so they have already disobeyed a command of God.

"Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time; wait till the Lord comes. He will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of men's hearts. At that time each will receive his praise from God." - 1 Corinthians 4:5

You should balance that with what Jesus said so as to arrive at the right perspective:

"Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment"

You can see from this verse that we are expected to discern and evaluate doctrine and practice, and govern our own actions accordingly.

frosbel:

God loves , sincere, humble hearts and he will reward a seeking heart with the real truth.

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you." - Matthew 7:7

If you had been a sincere seeker of the truth you would have been free from all these heresies that you are spreading. It is the truth that you know that will make you free.
Re: Those Who Depart by Nobody: 2:00pm On Sep 14, 2012
[quote author=OLAADEGBU]

The teachings of Deeper Life are the bible doctrines and you must have been asleep during bible studies while you spent 'several years' there and now that you have departed you seem to be 'awake' and 'alive' to the doctrines of devils that you now embrace.

I am happy you used the phrase 'Deeper Life teachings ' . They are just that and subject to scrutinty.

I spent several years in a church that used control and fear to hold on to it's members , I am free and praise the Lord for that.

From now on , I am led by the Spirit and not the fallible teachings of MEN.

Those who are LED by MEN should examine themselves and see if they are still in the faith.

"because those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God." -Romans 8:14

Btw I belong to a non-denominational congregation where I live , and yes we do have a pastor, he does not preach bondage and fear though .

You now believe in a god (which you call Jesus) and in the Almighty God, does that not make you a polytheist?

Indeed not.

God is ONE.

Does that 'school of God' confuse you into believing contradicting things? You first believed that The Jesus is the Father before switching to believe that He is just a man. The true God is not the author of confusion. This should tell you that you've missed the road and you need to retrace your steps.

My Father saw my yearning for the utter truth and not the lies of men. I do a lot of bible study and research and worryingly discovered that what is preached in many so called churches today is HERESY.

So you admit that God called Jesus God?

LOL

Was it not you asserting that it was only the Father that had a throne? What happened to this verse:

"But to the Son He says, Your throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of your kingdom" (Hebrews 1:cool.

Here you can see the Father addressing His eternal Son, who now is both God and man, that is, the God/man. He even mentions His throne. So now your questions is why the Holy Spirit doesn't have a separate throne?

Yahweh has a Throne and Christ sits on his right hand.

However there is no mention of the Spirit having a separate throne.

There will have to be 3 thrones in Heaven but there is only ONE. Please explain.

You already confessed with your mouth that Jesus is a god, just a man. How do you want to reconcile that with the verse above?

Indeed and our Lord of Lord and King of Kings, the Man Jesus our beloved Last Adam.

point of correction ; Last Adam is not equal to GOD

You should balance that with what Jesus said so as to arrive at the right perspective:

I have done so.

"Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment"

Lol, so righteous judgement means deciphering amongst the mass of humanity , to decide who goes to hell and who does not

Pharisees !!

If you had been a sincere seeker of the truth you would have been free from all these heresies that you are spreading. It is the truth that you know that will make you free.

I stand on the bible not deeper life doctrines.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Lord Is Calling The University Of Lagos, Nigeria, To Repentance / Acadip Storms Lagos Island 16 Christian Accept Islam !!! / Harmful Effect Of Christianity To Our Beloved Society

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 209
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.