Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,200 members, 7,818,666 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:20 PM

No More Leftovers For God! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / No More Leftovers For God! (1424 Views)

Is It Impossible For God To Grow Back Amputated Limbs? / Trinitarian Disrespect For God / What Have You Done For God Lately? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

No More Leftovers For God! by dianah(f): 9:14am On Sep 13, 2012
I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I do not like LEFTOVERS of any kind. With meals or anything else you can think of. It doesn't matter whose it is, if its my dad, mum, siblings, friends...I just do not enjoy being given for any reason. It is never wholesome looking, never hot enough, just there! Like an after thought.
Makes you wonder why we then think its all good to give the Almighty God our leftovers? I am guessing some of you reading this would be asking what on earth does she mean by giving God our LEFTOVERS?
Well, let me explain. A lot of people wake up in the morning without making out time for devotion or time for any other form of prayer during the day, so they just give God our LEFTOVER time, between dressing up for work, and leaving their homes.
Even after work they are too tired, so they give Him the LEFTOVER time between lying down and falling asleep in front of the TV, and just mumble a few words of prayers to say thank you for the day. (I am guilty of this too)
What about on sundays? Lets talk about sundays- we get get our nice sunday outfits ready, make sure we look good, take our Bibles (these days our iPads) and head out to church.Offering time, we rustle through our huge bags, the guys their wallets and pockets and start straightening out some crumpled change they gave you at a shop! our pathetic LEFTOVERS! Are you kidding me? I am not saying you can not give got the tiniest amount if that is all you can afford, but can you at least make it a 'sweet smelling sacrifice' by preparing it mentally and not rummaging all over like it took you by surprise?
This is your offering to the Almighty, the Creator of the Universe, the owner of all things...He does not need your money, He has everything...and He definitely deserves your respect! We should feel honoured and blessed that we are giving Him and He is willing to accept.
Think about it for a second, if you were going to give your boss, the governor or the president a gift, you would put more thought into how it is done, right? well, this is the Boss of all bosses..let that thought sink in when next you have to give God your offering.
I have been thinking about how I seem to be mentally set or organised for other things and with God I sometimes just take it for granted because He is so merciful. Well, I am putting God as a deliberate and vital part of my routine and lifestyle, I am saying NO MORE LEFTOVERS cos only the best is good enough for my Father, My Saviour and My King.
What do you think?

Please visit my blog and be kind enough to leave a comment.
www.dianahsplace.com

(1) (Reply)

Revelation Chapter 7 / swarm of locust hit isreal from egypt / Is It A Sin To Download YouTube Videos Using Third Party Softwares?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.