Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,507 members, 7,826,920 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

Fela Talks On Mko Abiola - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fela Talks On Mko Abiola (12122 Views)

MKO Abiola International Airport Will Be Ready Next Year- Osun Government / Mubashiru Abiola Is Dead (MKO Abiola's Younger Brother) / Why Would ACN Spit On Mko's Name With Paid "Student Demonstration's" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fela Talks On Mko Abiola by ib0221: 5:24pm On Sep 13, 2012
@carytommy n occam,
u dont need to show me that: i watched it live and did its analysis later with my colleagues and i should tell u- that debate gave him the victory.
i could see that u called tofa knowledgeable. try to listing to facts and figures elicited from both candidates and tell who was on point- was it the one that gave actual market price or the other that couldnt.
Re: Fela Talks On Mko Abiola by pampy: 5:44pm On Sep 13, 2012
See a young Femi with the trumpet behind Fela in the ITT song cheesy
Re: Fela Talks On Mko Abiola by Opoki(m): 6:42pm On Sep 13, 2012
The fact is Fela seen as an hero today is because he was never in power, trust me we all would have hated him if he was a Minister or holds any ministerial appointment!
Re: Fela Talks On Mko Abiola by Dignitary: 7:19pm On Sep 13, 2012
This post is very naive...so because FELA had issues with ABIOLA ...then that means ABIOLA is a criminal ?

I love both men but they should be judged wholly about how they lived their lives

Admiring anybody should not be translated to mean that they do/ did not have their flaws...ABIOLA was not flawless so was FELA!!!
Re: Fela Talks On Mko Abiola by emmatok(m): 8:09pm On Sep 13, 2012
This Igbo people and thier bigotry.
Yorubas has a history of criticizing each other.
Shoyinka never agreed with OBJ.
The same for Gani,Falana e.t.c
OBJ greatest critics are Yorubas.
Thesame thing happened to Diya.
Do you think most Yorubas support Tinubu.NO
So Fela is not saying anything new.
Re: Fela Talks On Mko Abiola by YINKS89(m): 8:32pm On Sep 13, 2012
Y dis on front page.....agrrh...nairaland D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ f*** mi up smtymz
Re: Fela Talks On Mko Abiola by kenny4show(m): 8:45pm On Sep 13, 2012
Na wa, if anybody say MKO does not merit national awardn then who merit am? Neither fela Baba 70 or his mother merit it, that is not where am going actually. But If MKO is to be called a thief, then he should be a national glorify and welcome thief! We most love him and voted him in 1993,the UNILAG students love him that is why they claimed that he should be honor more than that
Re: Fela Talks On Mko Abiola by Jayfizz(m): 9:18pm On Sep 13, 2012
In august 1979 MKO accussed fela for robbing is wife of some huge sum money meanwhile fela wuz abt 3OOmiles performing fela wuz arrested and he pleaded not guilty till fela died nothing wuz done on d case.mko stole a lot 4rm dis country and gave back a little hence making pple calling him a philanthropist.philanthropist my foot.my conclusion mko wuz just overrated.
Re: Fela Talks On Mko Abiola by Ijebulogic(m): 9:20pm On Sep 13, 2012
Recent Nairaland Debates
1. Buhari Vs Babangida
2. OBJ Vs Babangida
3. Fela (deceased) Vs MKO (deceased); current debate
4. GEJ Vs MKO (deceased); Re: UNILAG
5. SLS Vs Mama Fela (deceased)
6. SLS vs OBJ

Too many pointless debates about irrelevant matters.

1 Like

Re: Fela Talks On Mko Abiola by KINGwax(m): 10:54pm On Sep 13, 2012
revomind:

Speak for yourself bro. The idea then was for the military to go back to the barracks and the man had just won a free and fair election in all parts of the country: north, south, east, west. Thats the summary of the clamour. The man was a symbol for a just cause. Asides all of that, Yoruba people knew Abiola's antecedents and its a gross exaggeration that he was seen as a messiah. After all, he was very comfy with the military elite to the extent there were insinuations he was sponsoring coups. Perhaps you're also too young to know that he was an NPN financier and NPN was an unpopular party in the old West.
i appreciate your intelligence. Pls feed the fools with more erudition. They're jes hating. Nobody said abiola was a saint, we knew he wasn't. But jes like obj , dangotte, adenuga wasn't, i love them for investing billions of stolen cash in here, and besides, abiola is like a loved gangster who steals and gives out to the less privileges.
Re: Fela Talks On Mko Abiola by cap28: 11:50pm On Sep 13, 2012
fela anikulapo kuti - the best president nigeria never had, selfless, honest, sincere and a man who genuinely cared about the emancipation of his people - Abiola on the other hand was a greedy, lecherous, immoral cowardly criminal who ended up being eliminated by his fellow criminals who decided to do away with him when he was no longer of any use to them (despite the fact that he colluded with them initially) nigerians are the most gullible people on the planet that is why it was easy for Abiola to hoodwink them into voting for him in 1998 that is the reason why a dirty criminal like Abiola who financed military coups and wined and dined with some of nigeria's most corrupt politicians was elevated into the corridors of power. In the end he got what he deserved as his fellow criminals turned on him and had him eliminated - may he rot in hell!

1 Like

Re: Fela Talks On Mko Abiola by occam(m): 1:04am On Sep 14, 2012
KINGwax: i appreciate your intelligence. Pls feed the fools with more erudition. They're jes hating. Nobody said abiola was a saint, we knew he wasn't. But jes like obj , dangotte, adenuga wasn't, i love them for investing billions of stolen cash in here, and besides, abiola is like a loved gangster who steals and gives out to the less privileges.

Mehn! we truly deserve the pain inflicted by these thieves with this kind of pathetic statement. No wonder prpgressive and rational thinkers struggle to figure out what is ailing this nation
Re: Fela Talks On Mko Abiola by earthgreeners(m): 2:08am On Sep 14, 2012
The whole of Abeokuta was painted MKO because he was a philantropist and gave his all to the development of his native community( MKO Abiola stadium, MKO Abiola polytechnic, MKO Abiola way, MKO Abiola Tradefair complex, MKO Abiola hall etc,)...what was FELA's contribution to Abeokuta and Nigeria?...
Abeg, make dis igbotic people no come here dey ooze wetin dem no know..Thank God Abiola wasnt a political office holder..how then is he a steal from Nigeria's purse?....
Re: Fela Talks On Mko Abiola by jpphilips(m): 8:20am On Sep 14, 2012
1forall: Fela's political views have and always been relevant to current affairs.

It's a pity that problems he spoke about from over 30 years ago are not just still worrying us as a nation, but have evolved into a major compound mess and given rise to multiple child problems that its difficult to actually visualize a way out.

It is my hope that we the youth will not fail to rise up to our challenges and salvage this country from the doom it's headed for, if only for the sake of the coming generation.

when the youths are more disgruntled than the leaders, you wish!!

read opinions on Nairaland and you will realize that Nigeria will not have a future, at least soon.
Re: Fela Talks On Mko Abiola by obowunmi(m): 9:11am On Sep 14, 2012
jp philips:

when the youths are more disgruntled than the leaders, you wish!!

read opinions on Nairaland and you will realize that Nigeria will not have a future, at least soon.

Is the anonymous Nairaland community representative of the average Nigerian?
Re: Fela Talks On Mko Abiola by Oldschul: 9:15am On Sep 14, 2012
CVHP: Hey Mr writer, it not Cyprian Ekwensi who declined national honour rather Chinua Achebe. Edit and repost. embarassed
hey mr re writer Cyprian Ekwensi equally rejected the national award! so edit and do repost
Re: Fela Talks On Mko Abiola by Nobody: 11:00am On Sep 14, 2012
*Singing*. . International thief thief!
Re: Fela Talks On Mko Abiola by Venchy: 11:32am On Sep 14, 2012
KINGwax: i appreciate your intelligence. Pls feed the fools with more erudition. They're jes hating. Nobody said abiola was a saint, we knew he wasn't. But jes like obj , dangotte, adenuga wasn't, i love them for investing billions of stolen cash in here, and besides, abiola is like a loved gangster who steals and gives out to the less privileges.

So are you in support if people who have nothing to offer but to steal public fund and re-invest in the the country to pretend they are providing for their citizens...lol

Bro, Richard Brandson and Bill Gate did not steal from their country in order to invest.

Nah Nah ....it doesn't work like that, that's peoples Money that could've been used to create a social welfare as well as developing the country.

Na wa ooo....Nigerian thinking.....AUTHORITY STEALING is accepted.... lol
Re: Fela Talks On Mko Abiola by vanbonattel: 12:11pm On Sep 14, 2012
Why are rich thiefs always ugly, MKO will come firs in most hansome men competition, counting from the bottom of the list grin
Re: Fela Talks On Mko Abiola by LIVEMAN1: 1:12pm On Sep 14, 2012
I wonder the stupidity of some people who by unfortunate became fortunate and so their stupidity has made us all become unfortunate
Re: Fela Talks On Mko Abiola by stupor(m): 11:37pm On Sep 14, 2012
U guys won't stop amazing me•

Late Fela commenting on late MK0

Who is this Ghost writer intermediating for them anyway•

Vague news•

Numb posts,lacks content•

Am really sorry•
Re: Fela Talks On Mko Abiola by webmanlag: 8:32am On Sep 15, 2012
The two men (Fela and Abiola) are no saints. No matter what we have against Abiola, he is still widely acclaimed as the only person in Nigerian history to win a free and fair election. Now, Fela, on the other hand, was denied the opportunity to test his popularity at the polls, which was a huge mistake by the military Govt, as he would most certainly have fallen at the first hurdle. I must be one of his biggest fans (musically) but that does not prevent me from condemning the man for his lifestyle which adversely affected so many people who saw him as a role model.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Barcanista: One Of Nigeria's Most Intelligent Political Analyst. / Defamation: Ateke Tom Slams N1b Suit Against 8 Rivers APC Chieftains / Court Acquits Mohammed Umar Of N66 Million Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.