Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,601 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

National Job Fair, Lagos - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / National Job Fair, Lagos (2968 Views)

ICS Talent Bank: Biggest Job Fair In West Africa / Jobberman Job FAIR / Comprehensive List Of Candidates Coming For Graduate Fair.(LAGOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

National Job Fair, Lagos by mycvclinic: 4:13pm On Sep 13, 2012
13th and 14th of September at National Theater, Iganmu, Lagos.

A broad range of employers from various sectors of the economy such as Information & Communication Technology (ICT), Telecommunications, Banking, Insurance, Private Sector, Media, etc. are expected to participate at the event.

Organizations and potential employees are encouraged to register for the job fair at www.anjims.org. Interested applicants are expected to register and attend the Fair with their curriculum vitae. Registration and attendance is FREE for interested employers and candidates.

During job fairs, employers assess candidates quickly based on appearance, communication skills and first impression. Make sure your appearance sends the right message.

Ensure you take an effective CV along.

Please share your experience on the Jobs Fair. I'm in Abuja and cannot attend.

Visit http://thekrine..com/ to do some work on your CV before going to the event. All the best!

Cheers
Re: National Job Fair, Lagos by Evagreenfields: 6:32pm On Sep 13, 2012
hello. thanks for the info. i checked out the site and it says that registration is ended. Is gate crashing advisable?
Re: National Job Fair, Lagos by mycvclinic: 7:48pm On Sep 13, 2012
Hello Evagreenfields,

I normally don't advise gatecrashing BUT the organisers stated that registration and admission is free.

I know with events of this nature, you are required to register in advance to help with logistics but it won't hurt you to give it a try. The worst that will happen is that you won't be let in (and I doubt they'll be that strict). You may also ring the numbers on their site to be absolutely certain. I'd have done that for you but it's already gone past working hours.

I'll give them a ring before 9am tomorrow and post their response here.

My advise - go for it. All the best
Re: National Job Fair, Lagos by kasheemawo(m): 7:07am On Sep 14, 2012
The program yesterday was a child play;not encouraging at all.am stil contemplating either to be there today or not.
Re: National Job Fair, Lagos by Evagreenfields: 7:41am On Sep 14, 2012
^ ^ ^ really? What happened?
Re: National Job Fair, Lagos by mycvclinic: 8:19am On Sep 14, 2012
Hi Kasheemawo,

Please can you provide more info on the outcome of the event. How many recruiters participated? The event is supported by World Bank and I assumed it was going to be something really rich with recruiters. Please fill me in.
Re: National Job Fair, Lagos by mycvclinic: 9:29am On Sep 14, 2012
Hi everyone,

I put a call through to Access Nigeria and was informed that individuals that have not registered will NOT be allowed into the venue to participate.

If you have registered I advise you to go along. This event is supported by World Bank and I believe should be worth attending for job seekers.

You can reach Access Nigeria on 0700 426 5467 for more information.

All the best
Re: National Job Fair, Lagos by Evagreenfields: 11:20am On Sep 14, 2012
Thanks @ cvclinic. Decided to stay put n save myself the embarrassment. Hopefully if therez a next time, then I ll be sure to grace it
Re: National Job Fair, Lagos by kasheemawo(m): 11:31am On Sep 14, 2012
yes the program is fully supported by world bank buy nigerian factor has comes in.i blamed myself for following the program since 2010.
Re: National Job Fair, Lagos by mycvclinic: 11:52am On Sep 14, 2012
Hello Kasheemawo,

Can you provide proper information of your experience at the fair? Can you give me a number to ring you on? I really need to know how this event went. Please email me a number mycvclinic@gmail.com or if that's too much to ask kindly inform us what went wrong, what you expected, roughly how many recruiters were at the event etc.

It's of little help to people on this thread if you simply say it was a childsplay or that there was the Nigerian factor. Please explain for us.
Looking forward to your response.

Thanks
Re: National Job Fair, Lagos by kasheemawo(m): 3:27pm On Sep 14, 2012
this is the pix of the jobs fair;only gtbank,uba and scammers.u can see the employer's table were scanty because few of them attended.

Re: National Job Fair, Lagos by kasheemawo(m): 3:33pm On Sep 14, 2012
this is the pix of the jobs fair;only gtbank,uba and scammers.u can see the employer's table were scanty because few of them attended..........

Re: National Job Fair, Lagos by mycvclinic: 3:55pm On Sep 14, 2012
Kasheemawo,

Thanks for the update. Really appreciate it. I wish more jobseekers that participated at this event can also share information about their experiences.

I've attended several Job fairs outside the country and they are usually very interactive and packed full with recruiters and jobseekers. I'm yet to attend one in Nigeria and was really excited when I stumbled on this one. Hopefully better ones will follow this.
Re: National Job Fair, Lagos by adewumi7: 7:00am On Sep 15, 2012
mycvclinic: Hi everyone,

I put a call through to Access Nigeria and was informed that individuals that have not registered will NOT be allowed into the venue to participate.

If you have registered I advise you to go along. This event is supported by World Bank and I believe should be worth attending for job seekers.

You can reach Access Nigeria on 0700 426 5467 for more information. All the best
I was at the event yesterday.I first heard of the event on this thread on thursday evening &decided to give it a try.Though i got there late (12.10pm)with the conception that i might not be allowed in since i didnt register
but later on,everyone was allowed in.I was able to drop my cv with some notable companies and had chats with a few others.(BGL,UBA, GT Homes)Our cv's were collected with the promise that they would get back to us.I
pray they do soön.
Re: National Job Fair, Lagos by mycvclinic: 10:31am On Sep 15, 2012
Nice one @Adewumi7. Thanks for the info. Wish you success with your job search.

Cheers
Re: National Job Fair, Lagos by Nobody: 7:16am On Aug 03, 2020
Stephenydaniel:

Pls how was it, did they later got back to u? Lik how many CVS can one tk to that place

U r asking a question from a post of 2012...8 years ago..

Haba
Re: National Job Fair, Lagos by Mihzwhitesutana(f): 7:35am On Aug 03, 2020
Pimpmaride:

U r asking a question from a post of 2012...8 years ago..

Haba
it's the best kind of place to get the truth

(1) (Reply)

Got a job with a multinational / Nigeria Army 78 RRI Screening Timetable 2019 - Venue & Date | Nationwide / Stanbic IBTC Bank Opens Portal for April 2020 Fresh Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.