Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,134 members, 7,953,497 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:27 PM

For Your Consumption - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / For Your Consumption (790 Views)

For Ur Proof Reading Work,contact Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

For Your Consumption by Krysstie: 8:26am On Sep 14, 2012
JUST FOR TODAY!

As the light shine through my window i awaken,

i am reminded once more that today is another day stolen from borrowed time.

Today, i will live and live to will. I will be thankful for all i love and all i have.

Every breath taken in shall be full as i take in the world around me.

I will push away the pain, hide my tears and sorrow and drown out all that threatens my very being.

Today, i will climb that rock and sit on top staring and soaking in the beauty of nature, of life.

I will let the wind whisper in my ears and flow through me, filling my every sense, breathing once more to my soul.

Just for today, i shall truly live, making the best of everything because i know as the sun sits and sleeps, so shall i.

I will be there once more to watch the last ray of the sun disappear, knowing that one day it may never awaken me.

Just for today, i will live.

~Laurah Lynn~
Re: For Your Consumption by Nobody: 2:51pm On Sep 17, 2012
Eyes purple from all the haze, i tire awake from sleepless nights, puzzling and plundering o'er the escape route, to keep her from finding out: "whats looked up within my mind"

as i perceive her inquisition gaining on me, vehemently peering and almost busting me, I safely safe guard the mind by creating a false impression that clears the air for the time being, whilst i try to hide from this spiritual sibyl that scares the shit out of me.

Perturbed by this strange resolve to delve through my memory, i take an overdose of a sedative, never to awaken to confess my secret.

Happy at last to be rested in death i find out in the strangest of ways my big mistake While on the path from life to death, i expected to be entouraged by the foul-breathed reaper and the devil his friend, but what is this that i see?: "my wife cuddling me in her arms, saying: "Honey, don't be s*tupid*, you can't escape me i am a goddess, a cupid.

Help me nairalanders.

(1) (Reply)

Naija Blogosphere And Plagiarism / No Country For Good Men / Olamide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.