Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,437 members, 7,836,742 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:13 PM

Federal Roads Will Be Fixed In 2013 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Federal Roads Will Be Fixed In 2013 (730 Views)

Senators On Tour Of Federal Roads In South-East Nigeria (Photos) / GEJ-PDP; What Can't Be Fixed In 7 Years, Can It Be Fixed In Another 4 Years? / State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Federal Roads Will Be Fixed In 2013 by Olanlere11: 6:39am On Sep 15, 2012
The Minister of Works, Mike Onolememen, has said that some federal roads will be fixed in 2013.

The minister said this while introducing Project Safe Passage during a meeting with Federal Government road project contractors across the country.

He said the essence of the new initiative was to ensure that by Dec.2012, Nigerians had good road corridors devoid of potholes, thus promoting safe motoring on federal roads.

The minister’s strategy for realising the Project Safe Passage requires contractors and FERMA to fix all sections of roads that had failed or had pot-holes before proceeding with the other contracts.

“In other words, Project Safe Passage would be considered as a contingency for failed sections of road alignments. Federal roads without subsisting contracts will be taken over by FERMA through its direct labour scheme for the implementation of Project Safe Passage,” the statement said.
Re: Federal Roads Will Be Fixed In 2013 by yanni1(m): 7:32am On Sep 15, 2012
2013 is too vague,lets be specific,1st quarter,2nd quarter,3rd quarter or 1st half? Which of them so we can know wen to start measuring efficiency.
Re: Federal Roads Will Be Fixed In 2013 by Mandelaguy(m): 7:40am On Sep 15, 2012
yanni.:
2013 is too vague,lets be specific,1st quarter,2nd quarter,3rd quarter or 1st half? Which of them so we can know wen to start measuring efficiency.
Looking for arsenal? Your fodder canon is old.
Re: Federal Roads Will Be Fixed In 2013 by nifemi01(m): 7:55am On Sep 15, 2012
The man doesn't even know what he is saying, he wants us to have good road corridors devoid of potholes by dec 2012 yet u re not fixing till 2013.
Will d potholes on all federal roads just dissappear without anyone working on them b4 dec 2012?
Its like there is something with this administration and dec 2012 cos every lie now has dec 2012 as its expiring date.
Re: Federal Roads Will Be Fixed In 2013 by Nobody: 8:10am On Sep 15, 2012
Will the roads be patched or completely reconstructed? They can fill holes from here to Jericho. If they don't use the proper cement for proper soils and lay a thick enough amount, those roads will fail again with the slightest of rain.
Re: Federal Roads Will Be Fixed In 2013 by CrazyMan(m): 8:41am On Sep 15, 2012
On the issue of federal roads, I would score Nigeria above average...because most of the federal roads I ply through are ok.

Also I would suggest that we adopt the habit of maintaining the already good ones we have, so that our budget can be targeted at expanding and constructing new ones.

A quick look at the issue of the benin-ore road, and you would agree with me that its an example of poor maintenance. For the past six or seven years, the government has spent billions on that road. And sadly, they're yet to make it free from pot holes.

But I believe we can improve. And I must commend the government on their efforts so far on federal roads.

Finally, if the minister is promising us better roads by 2013, then let's believe him, and pray he keeps to his promises.
Re: Federal Roads Will Be Fixed In 2013 by Olanlere11: 7:12pm On Sep 15, 2012

(1) (Reply)

Cameroon Orders Two Boeing Dreamliners For $429 Mln / Soldier’s Stray Bullet Leaves Girl Battling For Life In Port Harcourt / Okada Ban: Lagos PDP Tells Fashola To Learn From Jonathan (idi Amin Nko?)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.