Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,066 members, 7,810,976 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:53 PM

Why Do Our Pastors Jump Chapters Like Deut. 22:5 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Our Pastors Jump Chapters Like Deut. 22:5 (905 Views)

On Our Pastors Acquiring Jets / Some of our pastors are indeed leading us to heaven / The Miracles Of Christ Were Immediate But Our Pastors' Own Happens Later. Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Our Pastors Jump Chapters Like Deut. 22:5 by Nobody: 4:12pm On Sep 16, 2012
The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God. (Deut.22:5)

In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array; (1Tim.2:9)

Christians are expected to dress right in the sight of God and man. No doubt it is not a difficult thing for the men to dress right. But for the women there seems to be "just a little problem" — just what constitutes a "modest apparel" and what apparel constitutes "that which pertaineth unto a man" without committing the sin of cross dressing

CAN SOMEONE JUSTIFY THIS?

AND THIS

JUDGES 13:4

New Living Translation (©2007)
So be careful; you must not drink wine or any other alcoholic drink nor eat any forbidden food.

English Standard Version (©2001)
Therefore be careful and drink no wine or strong drink, and eat nothing unclean,

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
"Now therefore, be careful not to drink wine or strong drink, nor eat any unclean thing.

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
Now therefore beware, I pray thee, and drink not wine nor strong drink, and eat not any unclean thing:

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
Now you must be careful. Don't drink any wine or liquor or eat any unclean food.

King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
Now therefore beware, I pray you, and drink not wine nor strong drink, and eat not any unclean thing:

American King James Version
Now therefore beware, I pray you, and drink not wine nor strong drink, and eat not any unclean thing:

American Standard Version
Now therefore beware, I pray thee, and drink no wine nor strong drink, and eat not any unclean thing:

Douay-Rheims Bible
Now therefore beware and drink no wine nor strong drink, and eat not any unclean thing.

Darby Bible Translation
Therefore beware, and drink no wine or strong drink, and eat nothing unclean,

English Revised Version
Now therefore beware, I pray thee, and drink no wine nor strong drink, and eat not any unclean thing:

Webster's Bible Translation
Now therefore beware, I pray thee, and drink not wine, nor strong drink, and eat not any unclean thing
Re: Why Do Our Pastors Jump Chapters Like Deut. 22:5 by k2039: 4:20pm On Sep 16, 2012
Your user name ,says it all.
I dont need to comment
Re: Why Do Our Pastors Jump Chapters Like Deut. 22:5 by Nobody: 4:22pm On Sep 16, 2012
k2039: Your user name ,says it all.
I dont need to comment

angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Why Do Our Pastors Jump Chapters Like Deut. 22:5 by plaetton: 4:25pm On Sep 16, 2012
I dont need to comment

In other words, you are stymied?
heh he he cheesy
Re: Why Do Our Pastors Jump Chapters Like Deut. 22:5 by a1solution: 5:34pm On Sep 16, 2012
I dont need to comment
manage to comment this one na modern illitrate.
Re: Why Do Our Pastors Jump Chapters Like Deut. 22:5 by Joagbaje(m): 5:55pm On Sep 16, 2012
illitrate: The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God. (Deut.22:5)

In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array; (1Tim.2:9)

Christians are expected to dress right in the sight of God and man. No doubt it is not a difficult thing for the men to dress right. But for the women there seems to be "just a little problem" — just what constitutes a "modest apparel" and what apparel constitutes "that which pertaineth unto a man" without committing the sin of cross dressing

CAN SOMEONE JUSTIFY THIS?

AND THIS

JUDGES 13:4

New Living Translation (©2007)
So be careful; you must not drink wine or any other alcoholic drink nor eat any forbidden food.

English Standard Version (©2001)
Therefore be careful and drink no wine or strong drink, and eat nothing unclean,

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
"Now therefore, be careful not to drink wine or strong drink, nor eat any unclean thing.

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
Now therefore beware, I pray thee, and drink not wine nor strong drink, and eat not any unclean thing:

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
Now you must be careful. Don't drink any wine or liquor or eat any unclean food.

King James 2000 Bible (©2003)

American King James Version

American Standard Version

Douay-Rheims Bible
Now therefore beware and drink no wine nor strong drink, and eat not any unclean thing.

Darby Bible Translation
Therefore beware, and drink no wine or strong drink, and eat nothing unclean,

English Revised Version

Webster's Bible Translation
Now therefore beware, I pray thee, and drink not wine, nor strong drink, and eat not any unclean thing

Theres much wrong application of scriptures
Re: Why Do Our Pastors Jump Chapters Like Deut. 22:5 by basisop(m): 7:04pm On Sep 16, 2012
I dont need to comment

grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

The Last Bus Stop To Your Problem / His Sunday At An Atheistic Church / Is Mr MOHAMMED Really The Comforter Jesus Said He Would Be Sending?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.