Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,002 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

A Day At LASTMA Office Oshodi - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / A Day At LASTMA Office Oshodi (16007 Views)

KAI & LASTMA Officials Drive Branded Cars (pics) / Bus Almost Fell On OSHODI BRIDGE Just Now (Photos) / Photos Of The New LASTMA Cabs Set To Be Launched (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Day At LASTMA Office Oshodi by faluasafe: 5:07am On Sep 17, 2012
They are meant to ensure compliance with the new Lagos state traffic laws. But the LASTMA I saw today(16-09-12) are nothing but glorified 'Agberos' robed in uniform.
Early in the morning, I wanted to quickly dash to itire from egbeda to see my not-too-strong mum.Having turned red, myself and other motorists had to wait for the traffic light to beckon on us to move.

A LASTMA official waved me to wind down the side glass which I obliged.
Every other thing that happened thereafter looked like a robbery operation.
He unlocked the car door,jumped in and started dragging the car key with me. I quickly parked the car. He snatched the car key after forcefully switching off the car.

As if they had been lurking around, his other colleagues stormed the scene saying all sort of things-we will show you this is lagos, you are a mad man. I was too dazed to even say a thing. I still donot understand my offence. They instructed me to enter the car and off we went to their oshodi office.

Different shades of vehicles are being driven in minute after minute. A look around will only show you men in uniform smoking,displaying all sort of rascality. I needed to keep quiet n started begging them. Meanwhile, various deals were going on-vehicles,okada,keke napep owners exchanging cash for the release of their belongings.

I was told to bring 30k but after all begging was told to bring 10k and nothing less. I bailed my car out of course without any receipt. I was informed that's the practice.
I have seen several good things being done by the present administration in Lagos, but I can tell you all that the present crop of 'officers' in

LASTMA are at best 'agberos' who are having a field day courtesy of the ACN-led government.
If the government can not overhaul this body, then other victims of this rascality like myself should pick a different option come 2015.
What an eventful weekend.

14 Likes

Re: A Day At LASTMA Office Oshodi by babniyen(m): 7:52am On Sep 17, 2012
They are not Agbero's but robbers in training.

5 Likes

Re: A Day At LASTMA Office Oshodi by k2039: 11:12pm On Sep 18, 2012
Every sector in Nigeria is corrupt,latsma should be scrapped

Re: A Day At LASTMA Office Oshodi by Nobody: 11:13pm On Sep 18, 2012
Can't forget my first incident with them at Apapa, near Mobil yard, it was horrible, I hate to remember it, though I was able to escape without paying a dime- courtesy of hmmm...seriously, Fashola needs to overhaul the agency or scrap it entirely. Is this why they were clamoring for state police too? I thank God it never worked. Too bad.
Re: A Day At LASTMA Office Oshodi by mallorca(m): 11:14pm On Sep 18, 2012
Thank God you are alive to tell the story,am happy for you

1 Like

Re: A Day At LASTMA Office Oshodi by aryzgreat: 11:14pm On Sep 18, 2012
i dont gve a damn if LASTMA TOUTS stop me, i'll crush the criminals to death without blinking! bunch of agberos!

1 Like

Re: A Day At LASTMA Office Oshodi by Nobody: 11:16pm On Sep 18, 2012
Na only Igbo Man like money abi, others hate am grin
Re: A Day At LASTMA Office Oshodi by earthgreeners(m): 11:16pm On Sep 18, 2012
Poster, If ACN led government dey piss u off, abeg go weewee..
Or go ur villa.

1 Like

Re: A Day At LASTMA Office Oshodi by NEROSKY(m): 11:21pm On Sep 18, 2012
hmmmmm....
Re: A Day At LASTMA Office Oshodi by stagger: 11:21pm On Sep 18, 2012
LASTMA should thank their God I don't live in Lagos. I will mark the official in question and have his entire family killed one after the other.

2 Likes

Re: A Day At LASTMA Office Oshodi by 4reigningqueen: 11:24pm On Sep 18, 2012
a pics would have gone a long way here or the name on their uniform.
Re: A Day At LASTMA Office Oshodi by crusufixo(m): 11:25pm On Sep 18, 2012
earthgreeners: Poster, If ACN led government dey piss u off, abeg go weewee..
Or go ur villa.

I am sure that if you were the one that this incident happened to, you would have most definitely plotted the death of fashola !!!!!!. I dont think you are aware of the menace that LASTMA has turned to !!

3 Likes

Re: A Day At LASTMA Office Oshodi by woky: 11:26pm On Sep 18, 2012
faluasafe: They are meant to ensure compliance with the new Lagos state traffic laws. But the LASTMA I saw today(16-09-12) are nothing but glorified 'Agberos' robed in uniform.
Early in the morning, I wanted to quickly dash to itire from egbeda to see my not-too-strong mum.Having turned red, myself and other motorists had to wait for the traffic light to beckon on us to move.

He unlocked the car door,jumped in and started dragging the car key with me. I quickly parked the car. He snatched the car key after forcefully switching off the car.

As if they had been lurking around, his other colleagues stormed the scene saying all sort of things-we will show you this is lagos, you are a mad man. I was too dazed to even say a thing. I still donot understand my offence. They instructed me to enter the car and off we went to their oshodi office.

Different shades of vehicles are being driven in minute after minute. A look around will only show you men in uniform smoking,displaying all sort of rascality. I needed to keep quiet n started begging them. Meanwhile, various deals were going on-vehicles,okada,keke napep owners exchanging cash for the release of their belongings.

I was told to bring 30k but after all begging was told to bring 10k and nothing less. I bailed my car out of course without any receipt. I was informed that's the practice.
I have seen several good things being done by the present administration in Lagos, but I can tell you all that the present crop of 'officers' in

LASTMA are at best 'agberos' who are having a field day courtesy of the ACN-led government.
If the government can not overhaul this body, then other victims of this rascality like myself should pick a different option come 2015.
wat is d name of ur car if @all its really ur car
Re: A Day At LASTMA Office Oshodi by Nobody: 11:26pm On Sep 18, 2012
stagger: LASTMA should thank their God I don't live in Lagos. I will mark the official in question and have his entire family killed one after the other.
u don come again o, because person harass u, u wan kill e full family.
Re: A Day At LASTMA Office Oshodi by Mcfemad(m): 11:31pm On Sep 18, 2012
This is so serious!
As it is, I had fruitful discussions with their Oshodi commander today when he came visiting our company. I raised an issue like this which he did not denied. He termed them as 'bad eggs' in the system which I believe is everywhere.
I can help out if you would like to lodge a formal complaint. Issues like this should not be brought under the carpert. It has to be dealt with!
faluasafe: They are meant to ensure compliance with the new Lagos state traffic laws. But the LASTMA I saw today(16-09-12) are nothing but glorified 'Agberos' robed in uniform.

2 Likes

Re: A Day At LASTMA Office Oshodi by nodullin(m): 11:31pm On Sep 18, 2012
@ Op:
Rule No1: neva wind down ur glass.. 4 a Lastma Official.. Talk wiv it closed.. Till they get fustrated.. @ worst.. Wind down just a little (very little).
Rule No2: Neva beg a lastme official.. Drag wiv them.. Shout @ them.. Claim ur right... Worst dat will happen.. They'll take whateva u offer them.. Even 500 hundred.

Once beaten.. 2wice.. Shy..
Better luck nxt tyme

12 Likes

Re: A Day At LASTMA Office Oshodi by BlackPikiN(m): 11:32pm On Sep 18, 2012
Lastma is a private army funded by ACN..

Lastma is no different from the militants in the creeks of the Niger delta.

2 Likes

Re: A Day At LASTMA Office Oshodi by 0ldirty: 11:35pm On Sep 18, 2012
You can thank "The Progressives" for LASTMA.

LASTMA IS THE BEST PUBLIC LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY. The FBI is shiit when compared to LASTMA. Why? Because LASTMA was formed by the best politician to have graced the planet. This politician if in the U.S. would have won every election since after FDR's death. In short they (U.S. congress) would have had to declare him a life president and then asked the rest of the world to make him the ruler of the world.
He is benevolent as Jesus and wiser than Solomon. He is also dashingly handsome that most women squirt hard to come vag juice anytime they see that radiant face and hear his sweet honeycombed voice.

In short Nigeria is so blessed to have him. LASTMA was a kill-two-bird-with-one-stone approach; get layabout agberoes out of the street and effectively control the traffic situation in Lagos(the most radiant and most beautiful city in the world).

In short, lets all take a minute and think of how and when we all may have a chance to suck his d1ck.

Pic below is the handsome progressives.

2 Likes

Re: A Day At LASTMA Office Oshodi by tpapi: 11:36pm On Sep 18, 2012

Re: A Day At LASTMA Office Oshodi by tpapi: 11:37pm On Sep 18, 2012

i dont get it,wats ur offence
Re: A Day At LASTMA Office Oshodi by sessydoo(m): 11:44pm On Sep 18, 2012
Eyah Sorry bro. They tried that style with me one day and i nearly crushed them. the first thin they normally observe is that u re probably alone in d car, they also size u up, d car u re driving, d way u re dressed, n ur looks. If u look like a ruffian or one kind agbero like them, they wont move near u. On this fateful day I also obeyed d traffic light at d popular maryland roundabt, as a gentleman dt iam only for one rough-looking twerp to move near my Car and asked me to wind them. Thank God my Car is always locked, and my car windows usually woundup. I blatantly refused, only for the "robbers" in uniform to surround my car and tryin to force their way in, on top wetin if i may ask!! wetin be my offence for cryin out loud, nothin, absolutely nothin, they were just lookin for sm1 to rob by all means. But thank God bc at this point in time the road was free and just cleared all them without even blinking, they ran after me but men omo boy escape big timeeee. So please my people make una shine ur eyes esp when u re wt these rogues called lastma
Re: A Day At LASTMA Office Oshodi by ZUBY77(m): 11:50pm On Sep 18, 2012
There are thieves of course. Illiterate yoruba thugs in uniform. They seized my mitsubishi lancer vboot 05 in 2011. I was coming down to east and needed a company. As soon as i stopped to as a guy if he was going to east, they pounced me. Demanded 50k and later took 12k plus 400. I left their dirty noisy city for them for good. Fashola should scrap and jail those thieves
Re: A Day At LASTMA Office Oshodi by soma042(m): 11:51pm On Sep 18, 2012
@ OP the abgero's runs in all the sectors of their vains , so dont be surprise, cus is a gift from their ancestors .
you need to see an average oil(MMANU) talking sometimes. in my opinion they behave alike .
so no news.
Re: A Day At LASTMA Office Oshodi by yorubanation: 11:53pm On Sep 18, 2012
Let Fashola be told that the nuisance LASTMA continues to consitute and its incessant reap-off havocs should stop.Or else, ACN may end up the Nigerian way from image problem dat could make it unsafe,unattractive and uncompetitive.

1 Like

Re: A Day At LASTMA Office Oshodi by ismhab(m): 11:55pm On Sep 18, 2012
The lagos state is operating state police, the only state in Nigeria with state police.

2 Likes

Re: A Day At LASTMA Office Oshodi by acidtalk: 11:55pm On Sep 18, 2012
Tinubu (Fashola papa) na alaiye (confirmed Area boy), Fashola himself na Jaguda (criminal) so what do you people expect from their lineage?

It irritates me when Fashola screams "pay your taxt so that Lagos can be good".
90%of income the like of KAI, VOI, LASTMA and others bring to the state coffers are CURSED MONEY. Even they money this officials take home daily to feed and train their children are equally things that will destroy their children's destiny.

They all earn a living by making people weep daily. That's why I never ever pity any Police, Soldier, or these miscreants in uniform when any sad event befalls them or their children. I always know they are reaping the fruit of the labour (devilish act).

Na God know who that other man pikin him kill, before them kill him own pikin wey they no let Nigerians rest.

1 Like

Re: A Day At LASTMA Office Oshodi by acidtalk: 12:15am On Sep 19, 2012
woky: wat is d name of ur car if @all its really ur car

And you had to quote the entire writeup to ask this silly question?
You must be a LASTMA official.

9 Likes

Re: A Day At LASTMA Office Oshodi by GboyegaD(m): 12:21am On Sep 19, 2012
This is why I never supported the draconian laws of Fasola as it is only empowering these twarts. The most annoying is that they easily frame up lies and there is never any evidence whatsoever to bail you out of their lies since it is their words against yours.

1 Like

Re: A Day At LASTMA Office Oshodi by vislabraye(m): 12:35am On Sep 19, 2012
acidtalk: Tinubu (Fashola papa) na alaiye (confirmed Area boy), Fashola himself na Jaguda (criminal) so what do you people expect from their lineage?

It irritates me when Fashola screams "pay your taxt so that Lagos can be good".
90%of income the like of KAI, VOI, LASTMA and others bring to the state coffers are CURSED MONEY. Even they money this officials take home daily to feed and train their children are equally things that will destroy their children's destiny.

They all earn a living by making people weep daily. That's why I never ever pity any Police, Soldier, or these miscreants in uniform when any sad event befalls them or their children. I always know they are reaping the fruit of the labour (devilish act).

Na God know who that other man pikin him kill, before them kill him own pikin wey they no let Nigerians rest.

I think the soldiers are exception. They hardly extort. What they do and its not frequent is to drill bloody civillians cheesy

1 Like

Re: A Day At LASTMA Office Oshodi by 2mch(m): 12:50am On Sep 19, 2012
So you ran a red light and you got fined only 10k. The law says 30k in case you have forgotten. So if you killed a whole family breaking the law, what do you think your story would have been? 14yrs in kirikiri awaiting trial. You better thank your stars. You broke the law and endangered lives, yet you are complaining about somebody being and agbero? What are you OP? Sane? You seem like you need a strait jacket. O ri e ti gba paro.

2 Likes

Re: A Day At LASTMA Office Oshodi by AkpuNku2: 1:01am On Sep 19, 2012
2mch: So you ran a red light and you got fined only 10k. The law says 30k in case you have forgotten. So if you killed a whole family breaking the law, what do you think your story would have been? 14yrs in kirikiri awaiting trial. You better thank your stars. You broke the law and endangered lives, yet you are complaining about somebody being and agbero? What are you OP? Sane? You seem like you need a strait jacket. O ri e ti gba paro.

U must be one of those thieves, where did the op stated that he ran a red light ?

2 Likes

Re: A Day At LASTMA Office Oshodi by kavey10(m): 1:12am On Sep 19, 2012
2mch: So you ran a red light and you got fined only 10k. The law says 30k in case you have forgotten. So if you killed a whole family breaking the law, what do you think your story would have been? 14yrs in kirikiri awaiting trial. You better thank your stars. You broke the law and endangered lives, yet you are complaining about somebody being and agbero? What are you OP? Sane? You seem like you need a strait jacket. O ri e ti gba paro.

Are you sure you can read? Cos, I dont know where the OP mentioned he 'ran a red light'. Please, read the post again.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Do You Drive With Your Headlights On During The Day? / Unbelievable: Bluetooth Device Will Help Motorist To Avoid Traffic Congestion / Diesel-powered Vehicles: Their Advantages And Disadvantages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.