Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,520 members, 7,823,237 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:20 AM

Crashed Blackberry Bold 5 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Crashed Blackberry Bold 5 (7491 Views)

How I Fix My Crashed Android Phone / How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? / Brand New Blackberry Bold For 65,000 Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Crashed Blackberry Bold 5 by mcgboye(m): 11:08am On Sep 17, 2012
[color=][/color]
my blackberry bold 5 crashed yday when i plugged it to charge. It's showing a white screen with the message:
JVM 517 Error
Reset

Is there anyone here who can solve this, of course for a token?

Thanks

PS: i'm in Lagos
Re: Crashed Blackberry Bold 5 by seledafti: 11:40am On Sep 17, 2012
You can solve this problem yourself

CollapseOverview

The BlackBerry® Bold™ 9900 smartphone stops responding, and the following error message appears:

JVM error 517 Reset

JVM Errors are raised by the BlackBerry Device Software during various activities to make the BlackBerry smartphone user aware of a failure in which the BlackBerry smartphone could not safely recover normal operation. Although JVM errors may occur as a result of software related issues only, JVM Error 517 is known to occur due to interactions with the BlackBerry smartphone hardware:

JVM Error 517: The BlackBerry Device Software encountered unexpected data in a memory location which is used for normal operations

Ensure the BlackBerry smartphone is running the latest version of BlackBerry Device Software provided by the associated wireless service provider. If it is running older BlackBerry Device Software, please upgrade to the latest available version. For instructions on how to update the BlackBerry Device Software, visit the BlackBerry Device Software Updates web site or see KB03621.

If the issue persists after reload or upgrade, please contact the wireless service provider for repair or replacement options should the BlackBerry smartphone still fall under the warranty coverage.

Though JVM Error 517 is typically indicative of an issue with the BlackBerry Device Software interacting with the underlying BlackBerry smartphone hardware that is no longer operating as expected, this specific occurrence of JVM 517 can be resolved by updating the BlackBerry Device Software.

Though JVM Error 517 is typically indicative of an issue with the BlackBerry Device Software interacting with the underlying BlackBerry smartphone hardware that is no longer operating as expected, this specific occurrence of JVM 517 can be resolved by updating the BlackBerry Device Software.
Re: Crashed Blackberry Bold 5 by mcgboye(m): 1:34pm On Sep 17, 2012
Thanks @seledafti. I've been online to see how i can do this OS upgrade, but it seems i'll need to install the latest software on my PC. I was wondering if there's someone who has been able to rectify it.
Re: Crashed Blackberry Bold 5 by seledafti: 7:49pm On Sep 24, 2012
mcgboye: Thanks @seledafti. I've been online to see how i can do this OS upgrade, but it seems i'll need to install the latest software on my PC. I was wondering if there's someone who has been able to rectify it.
JUST FOLLOW THE STEPS, IVE EXPERIENCED THIS SAME ISSUE WITH MY BOLD 5 TOO, SOLVED IT ON MY OWN......CAN'T GO THROUGH PAIN OF LOSING A PHONE TO THE SELF ACCLAIMED ENGRS...
Re: Crashed Blackberry Bold 5 by walcolm(m): 8:00am On Sep 26, 2012
mcgboye: Thanks @seledafti. I've been online to see how i can do this OS upgrade, but it seems i'll need to install the latest software on my PC. I was wondering if there's someone who has been able to rectify it.

there's nothing to rectify that error...just a simple reload of the OS is all you need. it doesn't have to be the latest OS sef, you can just reload the OS you currently have using your PC
Re: Crashed Blackberry Bold 5 by teejanjan: 7:26pm On Jul 13, 2013
I have a BlackBerry Bold 2 that the screen has gone white and I can't turn the phone off and even when i remove the ba3 It only shows a white screen when I boot it up!. I can phone out and receive calls and sms too,but cannot see anytin what do i do,thanks
Re: Crashed Blackberry Bold 5 by habak12(m): 12:19am On Nov 19, 2013
Solution to All Blackberry especially to Bold9900/9930....
If you have any dead or loading half way or blinking the red light Blackberry Bold 9900/9930 there is solution here for it with just small token amount your Phone is ON back and working fine.......just call 08091392283/07084972939 or @Habak12 on Facebook&Twitter
Re: Crashed Blackberry Bold 5 by oluwafemiii: 2:58pm On Sep 27, 2014
If you have a dead blackberry bold (9900) case study. This will bring it to life. The following link would help you wipe it from any state then you can get an os compartible and use apploader to load the is. All the best. My phones back to life after 2 'engineers could not revive it'
http://kristinesite./2013/02/16/tools-repair-stuck-75-all-blackberry-os-7-0-7-1-2/ .

(1) (Reply)

Lg F200k Optimus Vu2 / A Sierra Leonean Created A Messaging App That Is Faster Than Whatsapp / Mtn No Go Kill Me O..(screenshot)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.