Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,384 members, 7,815,816 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

Are There Any More Online Book Clubs In Naija? - Literature/Writing Ads - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Literature/Writing Ads / Are There Any More Online Book Clubs In Naija? (584 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Are There Any More Online Book Clubs In Naija? by toniarewa996: 8:51pm On Sep 17, 2012
Hello Nairalanders,

Undoubtedly, the reading culture of our nation seems to be dying gradually as values are shifting from good behaviour, moral uprightness, literary dexterity, creativity, acquisition of positive, constructive knowledge, to the profane, mundane values of greed, avarice, despondency and materialistic tendencies. Nigeria is at educational crossroad which underscores the need for the development of a healthy, robust reading culture which is the foundation of a sound education system but how can we develop when we lack information.

I crave reading like many here but most working class Nigerians are really losing it with work and tv taking all the time. Any useful suggestions on where I can get everyday materials to read on my mobile devices? I mean local content. The closest I came to finding something was on www.e-infomatic.com though they are yet to add any local content. All my Google searches have proven abortive. I would appreciate links to other authors or bloggers who have local content that could be downloaded.

Thanks.
Re: Are There Any More Online Book Clubs In Naija? by Tobitbooks: 6:10pm On Sep 27, 2012
TOBIT books just got online to help writers learn the art of their trade and also to help them get published. Everyday on our facebook page www.facebook.com/tobitbooks we will be posting inspiring articles and tips to help you write better and also visit our site www.tobit.tk to learn more on writing and how you can get published for as low as 55naira per copy or call 08182712969

(1) (Reply)

Inspiring Words For Ambitious Hearts / The Soldier / Writer To Review Books, Stories For Your Blog Is Available.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.