Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,673 members, 7,823,899 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:48 PM

Fuel Scarcity Persists Across Nigeria. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Scarcity Persists Across Nigeria. (3615 Views)

Fuel Scarcity Persists In Lagos, Abuja, Others - Punch / Coup Imminent If Rivers Crisis Persists - Abdulsalami Abubakar / Us Embassy Advises Its Citizens To Be Ready For Evacuation If Strike Persists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fuel Scarcity Persists Across Nigeria. by Fatdon(m): 10:39am On Sep 18, 2012
The long queues that have been noticed at petrol stations appear not to be limited to the nation’s commercial capital alone, as other cities across the country have begun to feel the impact of the fuel scarcity as well.

In the capital city, Abuja, the queues have resurfaced at filling stations barely days after the supply of the product was restored there.

Similar long queues are now seen in cities in Oyo and Ogun state in the South-west region of the country.

Although some of the filling stations in Lagos were dispensing petrol at the time Channels Television visited, there are however long queues at the service stations.

Meanwhile, the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC, has reacted to the fuel scarcity currently experienced in Lagos and some parts of the country.

www.channelstv.com/home/2012/09/18/fuel-scarcity-persists-across-nigeria/

Re: Fuel Scarcity Persists Across Nigeria. by fatdon2(m): 2:01pm On Sep 18, 2012
Re: Fuel Scarcity Persists Across Nigeria. by sammmiey1: 3:09pm On Sep 18, 2012
we are on top of the situation
Re: Fuel Scarcity Persists Across Nigeria. by folahann(m): 3:10pm On Sep 18, 2012
I am in one of the said queues right now. The retailer has even stopped selling. We beg am tire, he no answer.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Persists Across Nigeria. by miteolu(m): 3:19pm On Sep 18, 2012
Good People Great Nation
Re: Fuel Scarcity Persists Across Nigeria. by segzicres(m): 3:30pm On Sep 18, 2012
bleeped up shii.......anyways they should resolve that 'ish quickly abeg.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Persists Across Nigeria. by lacasa: 3:50pm On Sep 18, 2012
It's FRESH AIR wink
Re: Fuel Scarcity Persists Across Nigeria. by slimming: 3:52pm On Sep 18, 2012
In the capital city, Abuja, the queues have resurfaced at filling stations barely days after the supply of the product was restored there.

The situation here should not be allow to become a business for bus driver and black marketers
Re: Fuel Scarcity Persists Across Nigeria. by Bukkyade: 4:03pm On Sep 18, 2012
Strongest argument for subsidy removal. These marketers cabal is holding us to ransome. No body can hold us down in a deregulated market.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Persists Across Nigeria. by Reference(m): 4:37pm On Sep 18, 2012
The petroleum business is clearly beyond the capabilities of government to run in an efficient and sustainable manner. I think it is time to let go.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Persists Across Nigeria. by bowee4u: 4:44pm On Sep 18, 2012
What a pity for a country that has more than enough.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Persists Across Nigeria. by Kobojunkie: 4:51pm On Sep 18, 2012
How can there be fuel scarcity lines when Fuel scarcity has been abolished by the fuel-fairy!
Re: Fuel Scarcity Persists Across Nigeria. by free2ryhme: 5:22pm On Sep 18, 2012
Fatdon:

www.channelstv.com/home/2012/09/18/fuel-scarcity-persists-across-nigeria/

President Goodluck Has nothing to offer this nation ... he will remain clueless as regards what is going in the nation God will help us in this country ..
Re: Fuel Scarcity Persists Across Nigeria. by tashanja(m): 5:43pm On Sep 18, 2012
^^^^And he shall be voted back into office for more of the same come 2015 because Nigerians are gullible and will never learn. SMH sad cry
Re: Fuel Scarcity Persists Across Nigeria. by onthefence: 6:29pm On Sep 18, 2012
Was on the queue from 6am till 1.30pm. Got nothing and left. Tried again by 5.30pm. No luck and had to settled for black market. This country gives you no incentive to wish it well.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Persists Across Nigeria. by dayokanu(m): 6:36pm On Sep 18, 2012
Maybe Dendeike can come and update us on this list of Retardeen Jonathan achievements
Re: Fuel Scarcity Persists Across Nigeria. by richardoz(m): 8:23pm On Sep 18, 2012
Nigeria jagajaga! We are still waiting 4 d solution to our problems. Hope we 'll find any in the present administration.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Persists Across Nigeria. by vivaciousvivi(f): 9:20pm On Sep 18, 2012
Terrible situation. Last night, I had to pay N500 to enter d damned filling station. D "gate fee" was for d agberos to maintain order within and ard d station. It worked though as d filling station wasn't rowdy. But Na wa for Naija!
Re: Fuel Scarcity Persists Across Nigeria. by Remii(m): 9:49pm On Sep 18, 2012
Cabals have taken over, NNPC man was on radio this evening that they will not repair the damaged line at Arepo because they were attacked while attempting repairs few days ago by gun men. Cabal/vandals are stronger than Nigeria now. Why can't govt move a whole battalion to vandalized point to protect NNPC people if they are on top of situation as they normally claim. grin grin grin grin
Re: Fuel Scarcity Persists Across Nigeria. by Nobody: 12:49am On Sep 19, 2012
This Nigeria sef, isn't there anything good about it
Re: Fuel Scarcity Persists Across Nigeria. by Nobody: 3:53am On Sep 19, 2012
It is only am ignorant or an outright mischecious person that will blame Jonathan for the wickedness of selfish fellow Nigerians in the name petroleum markettets!

This was why he wanted subsidy removed so that market forces will determine the prices of petroleum products thereby making the marketers to sit up and do their business in a healthy and competitive environment, but the same amalgamation of the ignorant and the mischevious fuelled by the bitterness of election loosers and tactical support of the same selfish marketters, kicked against the great policy.

Today, the marketters are emblodened to hold government to ransom and the nairaland mob whose occupation is to insult Mr. President at will is set to work: to overload the nairaland servers with illogical rantings and throwing of e-tantrums.

It is a very big shame.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Persists Across Nigeria. by kinguwem: 7:01am On Sep 19, 2012
A lot of nigerians are unpatriotic. They vandalize oil pipelines and hoard petroleum products. Oil marketers are trying to create artificial scarcity to frustrate close scrutiny of their activities. The FG should encourage more private investors to established refineries in the country.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Persists Across Nigeria. by Ishola87(m): 2:44pm On Sep 19, 2012
Nigeria needs great fasting and prayers becus what is happenin now is terrible.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Persists Across Nigeria. by seyman2012(m): 1:14pm On Sep 20, 2012
I am a guy in my early twenties,i have dis bump at the back of my head,i feel ashamed all d time and i have used different acne cream but it doesnt seems to work,recently sum1 referred me to go to one bumps treatment centre,wen i get dere,d doctor told me d bumps is now big dat i will av to pay 35000naira,i was shocked cos i dont av any money & my parents are poor.I've tried seekin for a job but i couldnt secure any.D doctor told me if i didnt treat it on time d bump will become hard to treat again & i dont want that to happen.Pls guys i really need ur assistance.No amount is too small,just wanna get dis thing off d back of my head.My number 08099743987
Re: Fuel Scarcity Persists Across Nigeria. by manutayo(m): 2:59pm On Sep 21, 2012

(1) (Reply)

Asari Dokunbo Fires Back At Babangida: I’ll Declare War At The Right Time / Innoson Rolls Out 500 Made In Nigeria Cars Today / Lagos Is A Yoruba Land And Not A No Man's Land

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.