Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,358 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:24 PM

It Job In A Bank Or Job With A Telco Vendor - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / It Job In A Bank Or Job With A Telco Vendor (820 Views)

Secure Your Job With These Habits. / Zenith Bank Or Diamond Bank Job? / What Is The Best Certification For Someone Who Needs An IT Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

It Job In A Bank Or Job With A Telco Vendor by neyeo: 8:06pm On Jan 11, 2008
As a IT / Telco Graduate which will you chose from IT job in Bank or Telco vendor. house please I need your sincere advice on this.

Thank you all
Re: It Job In A Bank Or Job With A Telco Vendor by SOJ(m): 11:26am On Jan 14, 2008
It depends on u my guy.ask urself if what u desire is an IT experience in the financial sector or do u want to develop a career in a telecoms vendor.becoa the way i see it,working in a bank gives u an egde eventually because u can end up learning a lot of new things in ur field and can move to any IT office in the financial sector.by the way,which telecom vendor is it?let us know so can better advise.later
Re: It Job In A Bank Or Job With A Telco Vendor by neyeo: 8:53am On Jan 16, 2008
The Telco vendor is Huawei
Re: It Job In A Bank Or Job With A Telco Vendor by follyg: 9:37am On Jan 16, 2008
huawei all the way. Telecomms at its best
Re: It Job In A Bank Or Job With A Telco Vendor by tenhap(m): 11:03am On Jan 16, 2008
You sound like you want a career in IT/Telecoms. If that be the case, take the Huawei option. I have a friend that started with them and after like 2 years, he switched to Alcatel with better pay. One thing is for sure, Huawei will train 'the living daylights out of u' and that is something i am sure will benefit u! My friend was was sent on long duration courses to China, Ivory Coast and within. He left Huawei in 2006 and then his pay i guess was close to 100k per month (so he told me). Of course, the training and experience repositioned him to get the better offer from Alcatel and of course, he'll keep climbing the ladder from there, while improving himself.
If on the other hand u don't want the real IT/Telecom challenge then GTB is still ok. I am sure that even if u do join the IT section of the bank, ur growth may not be as rapid as that of someone in marketing. I am also not sure that u stand to learn so much (from a wider perspective) in terms of IT.
Ask urself the one most important question: " what kind of career would challenge me most?"
Moreover, i do not know how fantastic GTB's entry level pay would be, compared to what Huawei would have to offer, Also check that out and decide if pay is the major motivating factor.

(1) (Reply)

Urgent Vacancy: / Marketers And Sales Rep Wanted Urgently In Kano Nigeria / Strictly Entry Level Jobs For Fresh Graduates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.