Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,070 members, 7,867,044 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 10:03 AM

Fuel - Menace Of Black Marketers In Lokoja - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel - Menace Of Black Marketers In Lokoja (511 Views)

Menace Of Fulani Herdsmen May Result In Civil War If Not Checked-huriwa / Security Agencies Foil Attempt to Free Boko Haram Detainees In Lokoja / Kerosene Black Marketers Beat-up NSCDC Officials (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fuel - Menace Of Black Marketers In Lokoja by EnnyP(f): 11:08pm On Sep 18, 2012
I know we have people who sell fuel outside filling stations popularly called black markets in most if not all states of the federation. Most often it is being done discreetly at least that's what i thought but in Kogi state especially Lokoja, d reverse is the case o. I moved to Lokoja from Lag abt a year ago and one of the first thing i noticed was this black market issue. The astonishing thing is the thing is displayed like normal wears for sale by the road side. On my way to work one day, within a short distance, without exaggerating, i counted not less than fifteen sale points. I was really amazed. Most often without fuel scarcity in the country, there won't be fuel anywhere in the city of Lokoja even when its surplus in d next town (okene) except you buy from black marketers at exorbitant prices and u begin to wonder where they got their own fuel from.
Then i begin to ask myself is it that Kogi state government is not seeing this or they decided to turn a blind eye to it. Or rather is it the same everywhere?

(1) (Reply)

Facebook Tumbles On Negative Comments / It's About One Month Now, Is Our First Lady Still Ill? / Uduaghan On Track

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.