Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,674 members, 7,823,909 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:56 PM

10 qualities every spouse/partner must possessto enjoy and sustain their marriag - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 10 qualities every spouse/partner must possessto enjoy and sustain their marriag (10422 Views)

10 Qualities Every Woman Should Have / Is This The Best Way To Get Back At A Cheating Spouse/partner? (picture) / Top 10 Qualities A Good Wife Must Have (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

10 qualities every spouse/partner must possessto enjoy and sustain their marriag by Timijo(m): 11:35pm On Sep 18, 2012
A man and woman have to get married at some point of time. Every married man wishes to have a good bride but the questions that come in our mind are: ‘what does a man wants in his wife??’, ‘what qualities does a perfect wife have?’… The answers of these questions are given below.
Most of the mentioned qualities are already there in women and those who are not there can be developed with love. Here is the list of Top 10 Qualities of a Good Wife:
10) Plan surprises
Not every day but organize some kind of party or celebration on some special days like his birthday or their anniversary. Thesurprises can be simple and sweet like making his favorites or going out somewhere he would love to be. Surprises will definitely bring some joy in his normal day.
9) Give him space
The husband himself has a life, a family, friends and colleagues. They are part of his life too. As a wife you should understand that your husband may have some interests or passions he is involved in. He should be given some time to these things too. Never stop him when he wants to go out with his friends after a long time. Don’t try to grab his full attention. A snooping wife will be annoying for him.
cool Prepare the house
She should be hygienic and should keep the house neat and clean. She should complete all the household work like cleaning, cooking before her husband comes to home from work. So that she can talk to him and give him some more time. If she can’t do so, keep a maid for doing these household works. Apart from these things, she should be wise with money and should never lie to her husband about it. She must take the responsibilities seriously.
7) Be pleasant
She should work to be pleasant toward her husband. Even if she had a bad day she should treat her husband well. She can share her day with him but don’t make him feel bad. She shouldn’t behave rudely to her husband, family and his friends even if she is in a bad mood. A good wife has a pleasant tone in her voice. When her husband comes home she will welcome him with a smile on her face. Her appearance should be neat, clean and beautiful.
6) Look Beautiful
Men would love to see their wives look well. When he comes home his wife should look good, so that after a very tiring day he will feel good after seeing her. Men always want his friends to be jealous of him as he has a beautiful and intelligent wife for lifetime. She should be presentable in front of his friends. All he wants is to get appreciation for his wife.
5) Keep him happy
In a wife’s life, it is very important for her to keep her man’s needs met. She should do as much as she can to make her husband happy. Small small things like waiting for him for dinner, something he likes, give him time from your busy schedule, smile every time he looks at you, that will make him happy and his day better. The married relationship will struggle if men’s sexual desire is not fulfilled. A good wife must understand the needs of her man from his point of view not hers.
4) Express your love
She should appreciate her husband for his efforts. Men very much like positive reception, praises and admiration. A husband loves to hear ‘I love you’from his wife, so she should say that to make him happy. She should do things to impress and pamper him when he is at home.She can give him a massage or can cook food for him.
3) Be honest
Men like honesty of women. A good wife would be honest, dedicated and loyal to her husband. The vows they have taken at the time of their marriage must be taken care of as marriage is a lifelong commitment.
2) Respect the husband
A fine wife will always treat her husband with respect. This includes the way she should talk to him. She must be polite and gentle while she is about to mention some point in an argument or talking normally. It doesn’t matter how much she speaks to her husband. All that matters are how she talks and treat him but that doesn’t mean that she have to be careful while talking to her husband. She just needs to mind her language. She should be respectful the way she say her words. Don’t make a scene in public; a good wife chooses to humiliate her husband in private not in public.
1) Supportive
A good wife should be very supportive. She should support her husband during good and hard times. She is an equal partner in their marriage. She will support her husband in all stages of their life. If a wife supports her husband, the husband will also support her and will respect her more. Don’t make the husband feel that he is useless and is adding to his troubles. A fine wife will always be proud of her husband.
All these qualities of a good wife are must for a happy, healthy and successful married life.

To the Husband:
10 Ways to Be A Good Husband

1. Respect the Sanctity of Marriage
Put your marriage first. Whether you are religious or not, some things are just sacred. Marriage isvery near the top of the list of sacred things. Society is built on successful families and successfulfamilies are built on a bedrock foundation of trust, love and fidelity. If every man in the world would treat his marriage like it was the most important thing in the world, above his career, friends, and hobbies, then so much of society’s problems would be solved.
2. Be Her Sounding Board
Listen to what your wife has to say. Sometimes she needs to talk to someone and that doesn’t necessarily mean she needs you to fix it. This has always been a difficult thing for me to do. Sometimes instead of having a problem fixed, women just want someone to listen to them so they can talk it out and work it out in their own minds and hearts. She might ask for suggestions or thoughts, but sometimes what she really wantsis just a sounding board.
3. Show Respect and Withhold Judgement
Most likely (HOPEFULLY!) you respected your wife’s intelligenceand capabilities when you married her. You should continueto do that. Women want to feel respected and cherished. They want to feel safe. If your wife makes a suggestion that you disagree with or find unreasonable, try asking her what she means, and do it in as kind a tone as possible. You might find that behind her unreasonable suggestion is a little nugget of wisdom that you did not recognize.
4. Know When to Make it About You
Every marriage should be built onthe premise of making it about your spouse first. There are times, however, when an individual’s needs must be met before they can be capable of helping others. If you are really upset about something, don’t just bury it under manly silence. Tell her about it and ask for her help. Most wives will be more than glad to listen and care about you. You are not less of a man if you need help with a problem every once in a while, or if you just need to blow off a little steam. Indeed, I would say that most wives appreciate it a great deal when their husbands really open up to them about what’s troubling them.
5. Word Hard and Work Smart
Women are attracted to men who are able providers, protectors, and nurturers. They want a man who can and will be an able partner in life. It is fulfilling for a man to work hard and succeed at whatever he does.if the job requires more time than originally estimated, if it’s more strenuous than originally thought, a Good Husband will gird up his loins and redouble hisefforts. Of course, working long and difficult hours when you don’t have to is less than effective. Think about what you’re doing and whether it’s actually worth it. Is there a betterway to get it done? Can it be more efficient? Good Husbands use their intellect as well as their brawn.
6. Be A Leader
Do you have something you believe in? Do you hold to your convictions no matter what? If so, these are admirable traits in aman. I’m not talking about being obstinate or obtuse, I mean standing up for what’s right and convincing others to do the same. There is a whole industry built around learning how to lead, but let me just say this: if more men would take the time to help those who need a little direction, the world would be a better place.
7. Be Affectionate
Admit it. You like cuddling just a little bit. No? Fake it. Women need to feel loved and cared about. Give her a little pat when you walk by, compliment her when she’s doing some task, giveher a kiss before you walk out the door. If you don’t know whatkind of affection makes your wifehappy, then I suggest you read The Five Love Languages . That book will show you how to find out what each of you needs in a relationship to communicate loveand affection.
8. Care About Her Well Being
Not all of you will have to live with having a spouse who is chronically ill , but you will have to deal with illness, injury, and emotional distress. You should care about how your wife is feeling. She is delicate and sensitive. She needs to be cared for and it is your responsibility to do so. In addition to general health concerns, women feel better when they are allowed to be beautiful. Pamper her. I remember when I first got married and found out how much makeup and hair products cost. I almost went through the roof, but then I realized that it makes my wife happy, which in turn makes me happy.
9. Be Generous and Fair
I take care of the family finances in our household and I always make sure that my wife has somemoney. Whoever takes care of the money in your house, make sure that your wife is cared for and not deprived. Buy her treats and presents. Be liberal with yourhousehold budget and trust that she will be careful with the hard earned money. It’s amazing whata woman can do with a home when she is allowed free reign with decorating and arranging.
10. Think Like a Team
However you have worked out your roles within the household, whether one works and one stays home with the kids, or bothwork, you are a team working towards a common goal. Do you have goals? My wife and I sit down each Sunday afternoon andhave family counsel. We talk about our plans for the week, how we can help each other, any business that needs to be discussed, and then we share at least 3 three things we like abou teach other. It usually takes about 30 minutes but it’s an integral part of our marriage.
Do you have any other suggestions?

1 Like

Re: 10 qualities every spouse/partner must possessto enjoy and sustain their marriag by greatgod2012(f): 1:36am On Sep 19, 2012
we already know all these,several write-ups look exactly like this, bring on new things. Thanks all d same for d reminder, atleast, we're rereminded.
Btw, what are d 10 qualities every husband shd possess to enjoy and sustain his marriage. They also need reminder and they are also part of d marriage, it cant be wilfe's sole duty to make d marriage work, its d combine effort of d 2 parties. Infact, when one party is trying hard to make d marriage work and d other party is not, frustration sets in, so its always advisable to advise/counsel couple, not a party,hence, d topic should look like this:

10 qualities every spouse/partner must possess to enjoy and sustain their marriage.
Remember: it takes two to tangle.

1 Like

Re: 10 qualities every spouse/partner must possessto enjoy and sustain their marriag by Timijo(m): 7:58am On Sep 19, 2012
greatgod2012: we already know all these,several write-ups look exactly like this, bring on new things. Thanks all d same for d reminder, atleast, we're rereminded.
Btw, what are d 10 qualities every husband shd possess to enjoy and sustain his marriage. They also need reminder and they are also part of d marriage, it cant be wilfe's sole duty to make d marriage work, its d combine effort of d 2 parties. Infact, when one party is trying hard to make d marriage work and d other party is not, frustration sets in, so its always advisable to advise/counsel couple, not a party,hence, d topic should look like this:

10 qualities every spouse/partner must possess to enjoy and sustain their marriage.
Remember: it takes two to tangle.
I have yielded to advice.

(1) (Reply)

Can You Be Friends With Your Spouse's Ex? / HELP!!! My Elder Sister Asking Of Sex From Me And Seducing Me / Wife's Mid-life Crises?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.