Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,844 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

What Is The Ideal Age Gap For Siblings - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is The Ideal Age Gap For Siblings (1073 Views)

What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? / Ideal Age Difference Between A Couple / The Ideal Age Gap Between You And Your Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Ideal Age Gap For Siblings by engrtee(f): 10:54am On Sep 19, 2012
In preparing for mariage and family. One of the things we shud plan for is number and age gap of children asumin fertility is constant.

Wat is d perfect age gap ur children?and why?. When is the age gap too much or little?
Re: What Is The Ideal Age Gap For Siblings by KingOfNairaland: 11:01am On Sep 19, 2012
engrtee: In preparing for mariage and family. One of the things we shud plan for is number and age gap of children asumin fertility is constant.

Wat is d perfect age gap ur children?and why?. When is the age gap too much or little?
Maybe 3-4years interval
Re: What Is The Ideal Age Gap For Siblings by JB789: 11:10am On Sep 19, 2012
Re: What Is The Ideal Age Gap For Siblings by greatgod2012(f): 12:30pm On Sep 19, 2012
it depends, when a woman marries earlier may be 23+, she may gap it with 3 or 4 yrs, but when a woman marries later like 35+, its advisable not to delay herself too much,because,women are like flowers, so dt she will not have to be carrying bele after 40+. So, i think 1.5 or 2 yrs gap is o.k.
My opinion anyway!

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Ideal Age Gap For Siblings by Nobody: 12:37pm On Sep 19, 2012
greatgod2012: it depends, when a woman marries earlier may be 23+, she may gap it with 3 or 4 yrs, but when a woman marries later like 35+, its advisable not to delay herself too much,because,women are like flowers, so dt she will not have to be carrying bele after 40+. So, i think 1.5 or 2 yrs gap is o.k.
My opinion anyway!
Always on point! wink
Re: What Is The Ideal Age Gap For Siblings by greatgod2012(f): 1:23pm On Sep 19, 2012
kunletiwoo:
Always on point! wink

thanks bro!
Re: What Is The Ideal Age Gap For Siblings by MissIfe(f): 5:03pm On Sep 19, 2012
depends also on other factors, such as the financial/professional situation of the couple, the place they live in and so on. Though people usually get married when they have a job and a decent financial situation, things can change and delay the original plan. The wife can get a promotion and decide to wait a little bit before getting pregnant again, the couple can decide to invest in building house or other big investments in between pregnancies and so on.

It is important to remain flexible and wise when deciding to have another child. Sometimes it is best to re-evaluate the original plan. I've seen too many couples popping babies out without making serious plans for their finances/future, just because "they planned it that way". Some of the marriages are shaken by the new arrival of babies every couple of years, some other i wonder how they'd find room for their kids once they are teens or how they'd pay for their university fees...

1 Like

Re: What Is The Ideal Age Gap For Siblings by Kobojunkie: 5:06pm On Sep 19, 2012
My neighbor has a 25-year-old boy, an 18-year-old boy, a 9-year-old gal, and a 5-year-old boy.

Isn't the IDEAL age gap supposed to depend on each families, needs, capabilities/finances and wants?
Re: What Is The Ideal Age Gap For Siblings by tobechi20(m): 2:22pm On Sep 20, 2012
For me, i tink my wife to be shud limit d age gap to 1 or 2 years.

havin kids close together make them better friends playin with each other.
Re: What Is The Ideal Age Gap For Siblings by tobechi20(m): 2:23pm On Sep 20, 2012
For me, i tink my wife to be shud limit d age gap to 1 or 2 years.

havin kids close together make them better friends playin with each other.:-)
:-
havin 3 kids in 6years is ma wish
Re: What Is The Ideal Age Gap For Siblings by HOTCASSY(f): 5:03pm On Sep 21, 2012
2-3 years is the best.

(1) (Reply)

How Do We Know The Real Christian Girls? / “I Still Love Him” – Says Bride Who Murdered Her Groom On Their Wedding Day / Happy father's day (true Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.