Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

Hnd Holder - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Hnd Holder (4016 Views)

FBN Recruiting (HND Holder Not Excluded) / Oil Data Inc Is Recruiting OND & HND Holder / Hnd Holder Vs 3rd Class Bsc Holder, Who Has More Advantage To Secure A Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hnd Holder by mosho4real(m): 3:36pm On Jan 12, 2008
My people,
 Which way for HND older? this certificate has turned to another thing.
Re: Hnd Holder by orekinky: 5:56pm On Jan 12, 2008
hi Mr HND holder can you go to ICSL AT OBANIKORO they are recruiting agency basically for HND holders and not BSC SO TRY YOUR LUCK. Take a bike from the bus top to the place its just 30box
Best of luck. smiley
Re: Hnd Holder by orekinky: 6:05pm On Jan 12, 2008
hi Mr HND holder can you go to ICSL AT OBANIKORO they are recruiting agency basically for HND holders and not BSC SO TRY YOUR LUCK. Take a bike from the bus top to  the place its just 30box
Best of luck. smiley
Re: Hnd Holder by ukgold(m): 8:01pm On Jan 14, 2008
ore, pls kindly give me the full name and address of the recruiting firm at obanikoro. at present am not in Lagos but will luv to contact them
Re: Hnd Holder by fabiyi: 12:42pm On Jan 15, 2008
Mr Hnd Holder,

There is nothing absolutely wrong with Hnd certificate as it's turning for better. It is all depend on the value you place on yourself while you were in the polytechnic and thereafter.

It is not a gain-saying that there is gross unemployment in the land of Nigeria and graduates now struggle for limited job placements and the school system has turned graduates to job seekers and not job creators. Therefore, for one to get better chances ahead of one's competitors, one needs to add uncommon values to oneself. This may be through getting better grade while in school, professional qualifications and masters as the case may be.

I am very proud to be a polytechnic graduate and always proud to be identified with it because with the help of God and the light I got when I was in the poly, it really makes me a better person and every employer wants to hire me.

I finished with distinction in my Hnd, I emerged as overall best candidate in my professional examination throughout Nigeria, I made Distinction at my MBA level and currently running MSc in one of Uk Business schools. All these to the glory of God.

What I want to bring out here is that, the school is generally established to provide useful information for the students and it is left for you to make use of the rare opportunity while in school and thereafter. Sometimes ago, I was with one of the Nigerian banks M.D in a lectures and he asked the audience,' how many people in this hall have international passport?' Majority of people were looking at one another. He added by saying assuming I am ready to employ some of you now and I need you to set-up a branch for me at canada and all expenses will be paid for, I want to beleive many people will not make the list because only few people have Intn'l passport or do you guys expect me to get it for you?Absolutely NO!!. I got another secret of success.

Fine, there is an acute unemployment in the country but have you ever seen anybody with master degree without a job? If yes, then try PhD. Though one maybe under-employed but not without a job. One may say CAPITAl but I had no job when i was studying for my professional examinations.

The truth is that Nigeria is a certificate crazy country and most CEO proved it that they don't have any confidence in first degree any longer. So, for you to get that your desired-jobs, try to update yourself. I have a friend that has three masters and currently running his PhD. He never tired to get more.

Finally mr. Hnd, your destiny is in your hands and the choice is yours as there is nothing wrong with Hnd certificate.

God bless you. Amen.
Re: Hnd Holder by tunad(m): 5:36pm On Jan 15, 2008
Hello,
please where can I locate this very place and which state
Re: Hnd Holder by awa(m): 2:49pm On Jan 16, 2008
fabiyi:

Mr Hnd Holder,

There is nothing absolutely wrong with Hnd certificate as it's turning for better. It is all depend on the value you place on yourself while you were in the polytechnic and thereafter.

It is not a gain-saying that there is gross unemployment in the land of Nigeria and graduates now struggle for limited job placements and the school system has turned graduates to job seekers and not job creators. Therefore, for one to get better chances ahead of one's competitors, one needs to add uncommon values to oneself. This may be through getting better grade while in school, professional qualifications and masters as the case may be.

I am very proud to be a polytechnic graduate and always proud to be identified with it because with the help of God and the light I got when I was in the poly, it really makes me a better person and every employer wants to hire me.

I finished with distinction in my Hnd, I emerged as overall best candidate in my professional examination throughout Nigeria, I made Distinction at my MBA level and currently running MSc in one of Uk Business schools. All these to the glory of God.

What I want to bring out here is that, the school is generally established to provide useful information for the students and it is left for you to make use of the rare opportunity while in school and thereafter. Sometimes ago, I was with one of the Nigerian banks M.D in a lectures and he asked the audience,' how many people in this hall have international passport?' Majority of people were looking at one another. He added by saying assuming I am ready to employ some of you now and I need you to set-up a branch for me at canada and all expenses will be paid for, I want to beleive many people will not make the list because only few people have Intn'l passport or do you guys expect me to get it for you?Absolutely NO!!. I got another secret of success.

Fine, there is an acute unemployment in the country but have you ever seen anybody with master degree without a job? If yes, then try PhD. Though one maybe under-employed but not without a job. One may say CAPITAl but I had no job when i was studying for my professional examinations.

The truth is that Nigeria is a certificate crazy country and most CEO proved it that they don't have any confidence in first degree any longer. So, for you to get that your desired-jobs, try to update yourself. I have a friend that has three masters and currently running his PhD. He never tired to get more.

Finally mr. Hnd, your destiny is in your hands and the choice is yours as there is nothing wrong with Hnd certificate.

God bless you. Amen.

Dear Fabiyi,

I am glad for your avalanche of achievements so far in life and wish to inform you that more is on the way for you going by the nature of your positive mind-set. You have really touched me with your prowess and focus in life, I know is purely your believe in God and also in yourself that have driven you this far.

However, I regret to assume that the so-called Mr. HND Holder lacks confidence of himself and little no wonder he is out here soliciting for sympathy. For carrying out loud what has not having a job at all gotten to do with an impressive HND? Does it mean that BSc Holders are not out there looking for job? Does the fact that he is yet to get, perhaps, his expected job attributable to his HND qualification?

People should learn to have confidence in God and also in themselves. We are what we think of ourselves. If you think you can't get a job with your impressive HND result, well, fine for you. I guess it's high time people stopped making irrelevant issues about the acceptability of HND. We all know that the Nigerian Society is ordinarily sick and it is not affecting just the Ploy Graduates.

Finally, I will advise Mr. HND Holder to reach out to Oceanic Bank, First Bank, Intercontinental Bank, Schlumberger, Total, Chevron, CELTEL and alot other reputable firms because they don't have time to segregate between BSc and HND. There is little or no dichotomy between the two any longer in these organisations if one has a nice result and believe in God and also in yourself.

We will all get there by God's grace!!!
Re: Hnd Holder by dave07(m): 9:08pm On Jan 16, 2008
Thank God for all the earlier replies made. The truth is that everyman is the architect of his fortune! if you believe your HND certificate makes you damned, then you remain damned! As a man thinketh in his heart so is he!
Yesterday Punch newspaper featured the world University's ranking and no single University in Nigeria could make the first 200. Does that mean every University graduate in the country has no world class stuff, definitely not. The fact that you have HND does not make you a 2nd citizen or condemned person. You decide and strive for what you want in life, even if you have a P.hd.
I think you also need to visit http://hndreport..com and http://hndjobs..com to see that HND is not a limiting factor, it all depends on you because as a man thinketh in His Heart so is he!
I am an HND holder in Electrical Engrg (Power &Machines) and today I am a Corporate Member Of The Nigerian Society Of Engineer (not Technician) and getting registered as an Engineer not Technician or Technologist. A brother and close friend of mine who after his HND Mechanical engineering Program, did a Project Management Course, attended a job interview designated 'only for B.Sc Holders', only to become a top contender for the post he applied for and eventually got the plum job offer, even ahead of those the interview was advertised for. You are the architect of your own destiny!
Today, there are lots of Technical college graduates who are providing technological solutions to the peoples' problems and they are getting well paid for it. You must know what you want in life and be committed to reaching your goals.
On a final note, don't tie your destiny to looking around for only where you will be tolerated. make up your mind to take your seat to higher level and do what you have to do to get there. The bottom is overcrowded, there is room at the top! See you There!
Re: Hnd Holder by fabiyi: 7:49am On Jan 17, 2008
Awa and dave'07,

I am so much impressed about your positive perspectives towards life and you have a better chances of getting to the apex.

I never believed that we still have some positive think tanks in the country. That means the future of this country is bright and Nigeria will be great again in Jesus mighty name.Amen.

More positive contributions are welcome on this thread to lift up the hopeless.

Peace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Hnd Holder by gbolahan85(m): 1:44pm On Jan 17, 2008
thank u ,Fabiyi for your insightful discourse ,i believe it will benefit some under-informed HND-HOLDERS who truly want to reform their mindset about the dichotomy.
Re: Hnd Holder by orekinky: 9:08pm On Jan 17, 2008
ICSL IS IN LAGOS STATE, PRECISELY AT OBANIKORO UNDER , LOCAL GOVT . FROM ANYWHERE IN LAGOS GET TO MARYLAND BUSTOP AND FROM THERE TAKE A BUS TO OBANIKORO BUS STOP , AS YOU ALIGHT U WILL SEE MANY OKADA RIDERS ENTER ANYONE AND TELL THEM ICSL ITS JUST 30BOX. AM SURE YOU ARE ON YOUR WAY TO THE TOP . SEE YOU THERE wink cheesy cool kiss

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Army 72 RRI Result/Zonal Screening Shortlist Out / Job Vacancy At CWAY Food And Beverages / Npower November Stipends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.