Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,218 members, 7,818,752 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

Nairaland on Mobile Phone (WAP 2.0) - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairaland on Mobile Phone (WAP 2.0) (2711 Views)

Beggar Using A Mobile Phone In Lagos (photos) / Enjoy Nairaland On Your Phone & PC At The Same Time / Have You Tried Nairaland On Your Mobile? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland on Mobile Phone (WAP 2.0) by hotangel2(f): 12:09am On Aug 03, 2005
It's extremely cool. Graphics are not much, and it loads real fast. I am mobile right now. Good job seun.
Uhmm I'll say more when i get on my computer. smiley  I freaking love technology.
Re: Nairaland on Mobile Phone (WAP 2.0) by obong(m): 12:59am On Aug 03, 2005
what are you talking about?
Re: Nairaland on Mobile Phone (WAP 2.0) by nike4luv(f): 1:42am On Aug 03, 2005
wot does it do?
Re: Nairaland on Mobile Phone (WAP 2.0) by hotangel2(f): 2:12am On Aug 03, 2005
Oh now i am on my computer.

See, i went on www.nairaland.com on my cell phone, I was expecting it to slow down my browser and you know bring out the whole graphics thingy, but it didn't. It was so cool that i even preferred it to the one on my computer cheesy. I go to so many websites through my phone, but I normally get frustrated (because it's always slow, due to the fact that most websites don't have "mobile Versions"wink and I sign out.

I just wanted y'all to know about it. If you can get to the web through your phone, i'll say you go to www.nairaland.com on your phone, it's like so cool. Good Job Seun. I hope y'all get what i am saying now.

So now I can carry Nairaland everywhere I go. Yay! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nairaland on Mobile Phone (WAP 2.0) by nike4luv(f): 3:20am On Aug 03, 2005
grin
Re: Nairaland on Mobile Phone (WAP 2.0) by kazey(m): 11:17am On Aug 03, 2005
Addiction !!
Re: Nairaland on Mobile Phone (WAP 2.0) by Flint(m): 11:37am On Aug 03, 2005
I was also able to get to nairaland thru my mobile but sometimes i cant access some topics.guess u have to go d old way for smilies!
Re: Nairaland on Mobile Phone (WAP 2.0) by dre901(m): 12:50pm On Aug 03, 2005
Seun nice job even though i havent seen it yet.How can i make or design a wap site.
Re: Nairaland on Mobile Phone (WAP 2.0) by hotangel2(f): 7:19pm On Aug 03, 2005
Hey Flint, the Smilies won't show. I think they r part of graphics...with them, the browser will be slow. I think it's better without them, if you know the smiley codes you can form them, and those on the computer can see it. I can access all topics..but i'd prefer if seun can add a section where we can see, "new post replying ours", that way one wouldn't have to LOOK for the topics.
Re: Nairaland on Mobile Phone (WAP 2.0) by owolabi(m): 5:35pm On Aug 06, 2005
seun u are a genius how come all this big idea omo if say i be girl i will go for you.......This is a nice idea but my phone don't have WAP smiley wink cheesy grin angry sad shocked cool rolleyes tongue embarassed lipsrsealed undecided kiss cry
Re: Nairaland on Mobile Phone (WAP 2.0) by hotangel2(f): 5:37pm On Aug 06, 2005
Uhmm seun one more thing i'll beg u to addd to the mobile version. A section of people that are online, not plus what they are doing/topic they r viewing oo.
Re: Nairaland on Mobile Phone (WAP 2.0) by Philcool(m): 1:49am On Aug 16, 2005
GPRS signals have been a slight headache around me. It comes and just vanishes within a twinkle of an eye.
It does happen most of times I tried to visit some important sites like Nairaland and others.
I just wont blame GLO at all. I know they are doing their best.
Re: Nairaland on Mobile Phone (WAP 2.0) by Owen(m): 4:29pm On Oct 06, 2005
I went through naira land this morning with my phone using glo internet...and it makes me wander where we would have been if not for technology
Re: Nairaland on Mobile Phone (WAP 2.0) by dennizman(m): 8:13pm On Oct 06, 2005
Nairaland has always been on mobile,infact its through my mobile i make all my posts...i kind of prefer accesing it on the mobile to the web.
Re: Nairaland on Mobile Phone (WAP 2.0) by Owen(m): 8:33am On Oct 07, 2005
Hey I sent this reply through my phone...Naira land ROCKS... wink
Re: Nairaland on Mobile Phone (WAP 2.0) by Seun(m): 9:11am On Oct 07, 2005
I'm glad you like it. There's an updated version of our software that ads PM capabilities to the mobile version of the forum, but we don't have the manpower to properly upgrade yet.
Re: Nairaland on Mobile Phone (WAP 2.0) by hotangel2(f): 12:27am On Oct 08, 2005
I really don't think PM should be added. I just tot of it. Or maybe not. People like denniz (always mobile), would probably like it.

But what i really think would be good on the mobile version is.. "New Post Replying Yours". SO u wont have to going through stages to get to posts that has been replied to. U feel me?
Re: Nairaland on Mobile Phone (WAP 2.0) by Hunter(m): 2:47am On Oct 08, 2005
I think the worst thing about GPRS browsing (for us anyway) is the exhorbitent price imposed by the telco's here.
Re: Nairaland on Mobile Phone (WAP 2.0) by dennizman(m): 10:57am On Oct 08, 2005
I feel you hot angel,actually its not really like i love being mobile,its because i m in school now doing a workshop stuff(engineering),while other dept. Students are at home.so school is kind of empty and the cyber cafes are closed temporarily.maybe when we have officialy resumed u l hear more from me through the pc... You r sure a good member here and a good observer. Your kind of everywhere... I wholeheartedly feeeeeeeeeeel you...............
Re: Nairaland on Mobile Phone (WAP 2.0) by hotangel2(f): 6:35am On Oct 09, 2005
Thanks denniz, BUT... We have lots of good members and Observers here. I feel sad to get all the compliments. But i am happy anyways. cheesy
Re: Nairaland on Mobile Phone (WAP 2.0) by dennizman(m): 11:44am On Oct 09, 2005
Aight i agree wit u there, but d compliment stil remains true and unerased
Re: Nairaland on Mobile Phone (WAP 2.0) by Owen(m): 9:59pm On Oct 09, 2005
smiley grin
Re: Nairaland on Mobile Phone (WAP 2.0) by mamba(m): 5:43am On Oct 10, 2005
I've been using the wapsite since it was launched and I must say it's really good. Keep up the nice job Seun..

I'm working on my own cross-browser/wapsite and will post the link when I'm done.. It's going to have all the useful links for mobiles, including messenger, all emails,tools, java, symbian apps, Nija local music videos, mp3, wav, midi and hi-fi ringtones plus much more...
Re: Nairaland on Mobile Phone (WAP 2.0) by hotangel2(f): 6:00am On Oct 11, 2005
That's gon be hawt!
Re: Nairaland on Mobile Phone (WAP 2.0) by Owen(m): 12:48pm On Oct 12, 2005
Kool!!
Re: Nairaland on Mobile Phone (WAP 2.0) by mosiate(f): 2:25pm On Oct 12, 2005
i love viewing nairaland on my phone,that's wat i do when i'm less busy,only that i can do certain things on it
Re: Nairaland on Mobile Phone (WAP 2.0) by SirKay3(m): 6:45pm On Oct 12, 2005
3 gbosas for Seun and you all that's making it happen'

Let's keep the flag flying
Re: Nairaland on Mobile Phone (WAP 2.0) by uchetobi(f): 2:21pm On Oct 13, 2005
its really cool
Re: Nairaland on Mobile Phone (WAP 2.0) by skima(m): 6:28am On Oct 14, 2005
Gr8 development. Keep it up.
Re: Nairaland on Mobile Phone (WAP 2.0) by rufaai(m): 4:32pm On Oct 15, 2005
Dear all,

It nice to reach the nairaland forum through wap for the first time... Everything was great, I even checked some of my posts... I now access WAP with Vmobile CSD... Its totally expensive, but i just have to manage since I live in sokoto where there is no GPRS.

But there was a failure... I dont know how to post replies or even start a topic, I could'nt find the link for that... Please can anyone guide me for this...
Re: Nairaland on Mobile Phone (WAP 2.0) by uchetobi(f): 10:31am On Oct 17, 2005
i can only read posts i cant sign in...i wonder why

(1) (2) (Reply)

Eve Did U Really Do This, Or Am I Stupid! / I love you all !!!! / What Lessons Has Life Taught You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.