Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,235 members, 7,836,131 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:16 PM

How Do You Reply Your Customers - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Do You Reply Your Customers (815 Views)

6 Ways To Keep Your Online Customers Away From Your Competition / Banks Start Penalizing Customers Who Withdraw "Excess" Cash / Should Banks Charge Customers For Unsolicited SMS Alerts? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Reply Your Customers by ndukwejoe(m): 12:54pm On Sep 20, 2012
Hello all, if you are in a business or sales, and you know your product is quite expensive but it has value for the money, when you tell your customers the price and they kind of ask you "don't you think is expensive " what should be your response?
Re: How Do You Reply Your Customers by obowunmi(m): 1:04pm On Sep 20, 2012
Your response should be telling them the value of the product.
Re: How Do You Reply Your Customers by Nobody: 1:16pm On Sep 20, 2012
obowunmi: Your response should be telling them the value of the product.
not how much it cost you to get the product. (cos they won't believe you anyway)
Re: How Do You Reply Your Customers by spicyv1(f): 1:51pm On Sep 20, 2012
The customer asked a direct question, "don't you think its expensive"? Give a direct answer. Yes ma'am/Sir, it is! Having dealt with diverse customers I have observed that serious people DO NOT like sales people because they talk too much! So to capture their interest you have to awaken that interest and you do that by not appearing overly eager to sell.

When you give the initial brief and direct answer, the client will wonder about the reason for the cost and ask, you should now proceed to explain, all the while watching for body language. Stick to the selling points θf the product in communicating the value θf it to the client.

To close the deal, sample a less expensive product to the client and expatiate on its inferiority to the expensive product. This always works because you are appealing to the ego θf the customer. I know you didn't ask for this information, but just thought to include it.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Reply Your Customers by Nobody: 3:46pm On Sep 20, 2012
^ ^ ^A million likes, sist
Re: How Do You Reply Your Customers by obowunmi(m): 6:21pm On Sep 20, 2012
@OP: do NOT, I repeat DO NOT give a direct answer.... It is NOT expensive because the value of the product or service is worth its price.

Also, you also need to know your target market. You cannot sell a Bentley to a bus conductor. You have to 1. Know your target market 2. Understand that your product or service is NOT costly because its worth the value.

I disagree with spicy v.
Re: How Do You Reply Your Customers by spicyv1(f): 2:25pm On Sep 24, 2012
The value θf a product determines its cost, customers know that! When a customer questions the cost θf a product, he already knows it is expensive but wonders why it is! He is asking for the reason behind the cost, he seeks to know the value. But then, you present that information to him in a manner that appeals to his interest. You do that by not doing what others like Obowunmi
would do, that is, ramble and blabb about the product! That gives the customer the feeling that you are being patronizing. But, when you answer him directly, he is impressed that you are sincere, would be open to hear further information and most importantly, you have earned his trust. Once you earn a customer's trust, you have closed the deal.

@ op: I hope you get the picture.

@ Acidosis, wasap bro.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Reply Your Customers by spicyv1(f): 2:31pm On Sep 24, 2012
Obowunmi, we are saying the same thing, our approaches are just different. I don't know where you are speaking from, but I speak from being a customer and also from the experience θf dealing with multi racial/cultural customers.

Btw: I really do not enjoy any form θf debate with you, because θf your inability to be logical. So please do not start one. Just state your points and address the poster. Thanks.
Re: How Do You Reply Your Customers by obowunmi(m): 4:38pm On Sep 24, 2012
spicy v: Obowunmi, we are saying the same thing, our approaches are just different. I don't know where you are speaking from, but I speak from being a customer and also from the experience θf dealing with multi racial/cultural customers.

Btw: I really do not enjoy any form θf debate with you, because θf your inability to be logical. So please do not start one. Just state your points and address the poster. Thanks.

We are not saying the same thing and Was I debating with you? I didn't see that. I was clearly disagreeing with you. You speak like a typical village girl trying to learn the ins and outs of business.

Also don't insult me - I have not yet been rude towards you.

Btw, I want put my plug in your socket. Will you let me? Meet me in my face toface room in Ajegunle. I await your collaboration on my mattress.

Loving you all the way.
Re: How Do You Reply Your Customers by obowunmi(m): 4:43pm On Sep 24, 2012
The value θf a product determines its cost, customers know that!

This is wrong on all levels....not all customers know the value of a product, it is YOUR job to tell them. Just like not all customers are well informed. if all customers were "educated" and "well informed" there will be no need for marketing and advertising. Wouldn't you agree?

Spicy babe, pls be informed that me kondo will do wonders in your konga....beeleedat.
Re: How Do You Reply Your Customers by Nobody: 7:57pm On Sep 24, 2012
sist, I've missed you so much.. ..like you barely come online these days.
Re: How Do You Reply Your Customers by spicyv1(f): 8:02pm On Sep 24, 2012
What exactly are you blabbing about? You need to seek to understand! I repeat, customers know that the value θf a product determines its cost, it doesn't mean they know the actual value θf the product, which is why you have to explain that to them!

And err, advertising is not a means to reach out to the uninformed or uneducated. Effective advertising is beyond creating product awareness or "lecturing" about the actual value θf the product.

I repeat again, we are saying the same thing but have different approaches on communicating the point to the client. If you aren't so consumed by your crudity, you would employ comprehension skills and spot that there is no basis for an argument.

Now, I have given you enough attention already, rude boy!
Re: How Do You Reply Your Customers by spicyv1(f): 8:05pm On Sep 24, 2012
Darlen, me too. I have been sooo immersed in work! Organized a major event and I am barely recovering from the whole stress! How you doing?
Re: How Do You Reply Your Customers by Nobody: 8:23pm On Sep 24, 2012
aww.. recover fast!
as to how am doing.. not bad! you?
Re: How Do You Reply Your Customers by obowunmi(m): 8:38pm On Sep 24, 2012
spicy v: What exactly are you blabbing about? You need to seek to understand! I repeat, customers know that the value θf a product determines its cost, it doesn't mean they know the actual value θf the product, which is why you have to explain that to them!

And err, advertising is not a means to reach out to the uninformed or uneducated. Effective advertising is beyond creating product awareness or "lecturing" about the actual value θf the product.

I repeat again, we are saying the same thing but have different approaches on communicating the point to the client. If you aren't so consumed by your crudity, you would employ comprehension skills and spot that there is no basis for an argument.

Now, I have given you enough attention already, rude boy!

I'm expecting you at 10pm - wa kowadobale

(1) (Reply)

AGO Seller Urgently Required - TTT And Tank Farm Delivery / GTB Refused To Transfer My Payment After Debiting My Accout / Let Me Be Your Supplier Of All Your Electronics And Electrical Products

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.