Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,230 members, 7,818,775 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

Why The US Wont Tag Boko-Haram As A Terrorist Group - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why The US Wont Tag Boko-Haram As A Terrorist Group (13069 Views)

FG And Nigerian Military Describe CNN Report On Boko Haram As Satanic / FG To Declare Boko-Haram As A Terrorist Organisation / FG To Clinton: Don't Brand Boko-Haram As Terrorist Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why The US Wont Tag Boko-Haram As A Terrorist Group by youngies(m): 7:12am On Sep 21, 2012
The United States has not designated Boko Haram a terrorist organisation because its insurgency is principally aimed at portraying the Nigeria government as ineffective, Ambassador Jonnie Carson said yesterday.

The US Assistant Secretary of State for African Affairs spoke in a continent-wide telephone conference monitored at the US Embassy in Lagos.

Mr. Carson said Boko Haram is not a homogenous organisation and, therefore, not qualified to be labelled a terrorist group.

“Boko Haram is an organisation trying to discredit the Nigerian government and trying to show the government as ineffective in protecting its citizens,” he said.

He, however, conceded that the US “constantly keeps it (Boko Haram) under review” and that is why it has declared three Boko Haram leaders as terrorists.

Last June, the US Government placed Abubakar Shekau, Abubakar Adam Kambar and Khalid al-Barnawi on its global terror watch list.

“These three leaders were declared as terrorists because we believe they have established contacts and broader network with foreign terrorist organisations. They have sought funding and materials,” Carson said.

In the build-up to the November 6 US presidential election, Carson spoke extensively on US affairs in Africa.

According to him, the US’s predominant activities are targetted at helping “Africa deal with its ongoing security challenges” because crises take away resources meant for development. But, he said the country’s larger aim is to help Africa grow its economy, especially agriculture.

More: http://channelkoos.com/index.php/news/2547-why-we-wont-tag-boko-haram-terrorist-body-us
Re: Why The US Wont Tag Boko-Haram As A Terrorist Group by youngies(m): 11:41am On Sep 21, 2012
It is now official that the core of all these Boko Haram hullabaloo is politics, politics and politics.
Unseat GEJ at all cost!

1 Like

Re: Why The US Wont Tag Boko-Haram As A Terrorist Group by dasparrow: 11:44am On Sep 21, 2012
@Post

Na dem sabi. I think america should mind her business because america is never to be trusted.

3 Likes

Re: Why The US Wont Tag Boko-Haram As A Terrorist Group by taharqa: 12:45pm On Sep 21, 2012
Was that really ever a secret...but who loses now? Was it not complete foolishness to open a warfront in yr own backyard(by liasing with a small group of religious nutcases) cos of a pandering afta political power...again i ask- who loses now? Are d footsoldiers not now bn decimated and running like d rats they are?#foolishppl

3 Likes

Re: Why The US Wont Tag Boko-Haram As A Terrorist Group by youngies(m): 12:49pm On Sep 21, 2012
dasparrow: @Post

Na dem sabi. I think america should mind her business because america is never to be trusted.
Conspiracy theory? undecided
Re: Why The US Wont Tag Boko-Haram As A Terrorist Group by Nobody: 4:30pm On Sep 21, 2012
Can we now unequivocally, unbiased and
safe to say, Islam is just a tool of
violence??

Can we also say,beyond any reasonable &
unreasonable doubt,that Boko Haram is a
Frankenstein created by some disgruntled
politicians??

undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why The US Wont Tag Boko-Haram As A Terrorist Group by Foxybone(m): 4:33pm On Sep 21, 2012
Owk.... No comments from me, because the only comment coming from me will send me back to ban jail.... Any way, US should stop involving herself in NIgeria.... We are always on top of the situation grin grin grin
Re: Why The US Wont Tag Boko-Haram As A Terrorist Group by Joeadamu86: 4:35pm On Sep 21, 2012
grin
Foxybone: Owk.... No comments from me, because the only comment coming from me will send me back to ban jail.... Any way, US should stop involving herself in NIgeria.... We are always on top of the situation grin grin grin
grin grin grin you are clown....hmmmmm US the police of the world...
Re: Why The US Wont Tag Boko-Haram As A Terrorist Group by TippyTop(m): 4:38pm On Sep 21, 2012
Trust America to wait until Boko haram blows up its embassy in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Why The US Wont Tag Boko-Haram As A Terrorist Group by EdwinB1(m): 4:44pm On Sep 21, 2012
hmmm! I dont understand US again, is it until this imbecils blow up their embassy before they will act...
Re: Why The US Wont Tag Boko-Haram As A Terrorist Group by Wadasco(m): 4:46pm On Sep 21, 2012
Hw can they tag the people dat u won't even knw and that don hve a single visible organisation
Re: Why The US Wont Tag Boko-Haram As A Terrorist Group by jammyunn(m): 4:46pm On Sep 21, 2012
They are not a terrorist group yet, when they become like Al-shabbab, them we'll name them as such.
Re: Why The US Wont Tag Boko-Haram As A Terrorist Group by EdwinB1(m): 4:46pm On Sep 21, 2012
Legit1: Can we now unequivocally, unbiased and
safe to say, Islam is just a tool of
violence??

Can we also say,beyond any reasonable &
unreasonable doubt,that Boko Haram is a
Frankenstein created by some disgruntled
politicians??

undecided
i concor with what you typed

1 Like

Re: Why The US Wont Tag Boko-Haram As A Terrorist Group by touchmehard: 4:48pm On Sep 21, 2012
They are right, BH is mainly an insurgent group. But their mission of portraying the govt in a bad light will not succeed. Can't u see they are failing already. Ride on JTF God is on your side!
Re: Why The US Wont Tag Boko-Haram As A Terrorist Group by EdwinB1(m): 4:50pm On Sep 21, 2012
Pls can a good minded fellow tell ME on how i can post a topic.....THanks
Re: Why The US Wont Tag Boko-Haram As A Terrorist Group by masterpiecer(m): 4:52pm On Sep 21, 2012
this is complete conspiracy.
so the killing of innocent Nigerians is a way of protesting against bad governance abi?

ok then, osama bin laden was also protesting against the bad governance of the US.

2 Likes

Re: Why The US Wont Tag Boko-Haram As A Terrorist Group by masterpiecer(m): 4:53pm On Sep 21, 2012
this is complete conspiracy.
so the killing of innocent Nigerians is a way of protesting against bad governance abi?

ok then, osama bin laden was also protesting against the bad governance of the US.

1 Like

Re: Why The US Wont Tag Boko-Haram As A Terrorist Group by Joeadamu86: 4:57pm On Sep 21, 2012
masterpiecer: this is complete conspiracy.

it is obvious that some bad people are benefitting from this evil called Boko Haram,their end will surely come,the fact that you are not in power does not mean that u should be fighting the system,thank heavens the security situation is improving.
Re: Why The US Wont Tag Boko-Haram As A Terrorist Group by TippyTop(m): 5:03pm On Sep 21, 2012
Wadasco: Hw can they tag the people dat u won't even knw and that don hve a single visible organisation
So the US is waiting to know their office. Why did the US tag Osama and his group terrorists?
Re: Why The US Wont Tag Boko-Haram As A Terrorist Group by mike404(m): 5:13pm On Sep 21, 2012
Ummm what's the capital of pakistan?? wink
Re: Why The US Wont Tag Boko-Haram As A Terrorist Group by Clemzy16(m): 5:15pm On Sep 21, 2012
EdwinB1: Pls can a good minded fellow tell ME on how i can post a topic.....THanks
Go to any section say.. Politics, Romance, education etc. Screw down or use your browser "find in page" to look for 'CREATE NEW TOPIC.' click and do the rest.

1 Like

Re: Why The US Wont Tag Boko-Haram As A Terrorist Group by Nobody: 5:16pm On Sep 21, 2012
May God continue to bless this administration, and frustrate those that hope to frustrate Nigerians by frustrating this current administration!

2 Likes

Re: Why The US Wont Tag Boko-Haram As A Terrorist Group by Duxe(f): 5:36pm On Sep 21, 2012
mike404: Ummm what's the capital of pakistan?? wink

maidugri undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why The US Wont Tag Boko-Haram As A Terrorist Group by garripack: 5:43pm On Sep 21, 2012
WE ASK, FOR RECOGNITION..... [size=20pt]THEM WORK NO PAY[/size][size=8pt][/size]
Re: Why The US Wont Tag Boko-Haram As A Terrorist Group by misreal(m): 5:55pm On Sep 21, 2012
youngies: It is now official that the core of all these Boko Haram hullabaloo is politics, politics and politics.
Unseat GEJ at all cost!
yes oh my man
Re: Why The US Wont Tag Boko-Haram As A Terrorist Group by Maxymilliano(m): 6:05pm On Sep 21, 2012
Op, you fail to hightlight the passage that state that "Boko Haram is an organization trying to discredit the Nigerian Government and trying to show the Government as ineffective in protecting its citizen...

Any discerning minds should know by now that Boko Haram is just a smokescreen created by some power-mongers in the North, the summary or essence is to provoke/arm-twist the Government into taking rash decisions just like what OBJ did to Odi in Bayelsa and which they will leverage upon to cry and scream genocide to the International Court of Justice at the Hague and a good ground to declare secession from the Republic. With some allies in the West and Middle east waiting in the wings, the rest will be history.

Its good to know GEJ is not as clueless as people thought and despite series of unprovoked attacks against the country, he rather chose the wise option and i can't but thank God for his life, and also the life of the people that opted to turn the other cheek when being slapped just for the country to remain a United Sovereign State... God bless us all.

6 Likes

Re: Why The US Wont Tag Boko-Haram As A Terrorist Group by hardbody: 6:06pm On Sep 21, 2012
This post has been hidden by Boko Haram
Re: Why The US Wont Tag Boko-Haram As A Terrorist Group by kingparagon1: 6:07pm On Sep 21, 2012
masterpiecer: this is complete conspiracy.

thank u jare! If so, usa shud quickly tender an apology 2 d family of usama bin laden......... Wayo wayo USA
Re: Why The US Wont Tag Boko-Haram As A Terrorist Group by 1025: 6:09pm On Sep 21, 2012
if only this boko haram will concentrate on govt and these politicians, many nigerians will be willing to join them because we need to crash these criminals gangs that call themselves rulers.
we need any group, individual or arrangements that will destroy these politicians and whatever they stand for.
if we do not delete what jonathan calls cabal, there won't be a head way in this nation.
big heads must roll in this country for nigeria to move forward.
pls, boko haram agents here shld take this massage to them that many of us are ready to join them as rebels not terrorist. let us bring down this useless system and start our lives afresh.
we need a drastic change

2 Likes

Re: Why The US Wont Tag Boko-Haram As A Terrorist Group by kingparagon1: 6:16pm On Sep 21, 2012
Maxymilliano: Op, you fail to hightlight the passage that state that "Boko Haram is an organization trying to discredit the Nigerian Government and trying to show the Government as ineffective in protecting its citizen...

Any discerning minds should know by now that Boko Haram is just a smokescreen created by some power-mongers in the North, the summary or essence is to provoke/arm-twist the Government into taking rash decisions just like what OBJ did to Odi in Bayelsa and which they will leverage upon to cry and scream genocide to the International Court of Justice at the Hague and a good ground to declare secession from the Republic. With some allies in the West and Middle east waiting in the wings, the rest will be history.

Its good to know GEJ is not as clueless as people thought and despite series of unprovoked attacks against the country, he rather chose the wise option and i can't but thank God for his life, and also the life of the people that opted to turn the other cheek when being slapped just for the country to remain a United Sovereign State... God bless us all.
......what is then d benefit of staying united wen some part doesnt want. I think 2 safe lives, we shud divide 4 peace 2 rein. If one have gone around naija b4, u will knw dat naija isnt 1 bt 3. Hv u had of power rotation in d USA?
Re: Why The US Wont Tag Boko-Haram As A Terrorist Group by Foxybone(m): 6:20pm On Sep 21, 2012
Tippy Top: Trust America to wait until Boko haram blows up its embassy in Nigeria.

I agree with your thoughts.... Then that will give them the chance to come and turn Nigeria to another middle-east country.... I can't imagine Nigerians appearing on world TV news with dust blowing all over the place and wearing a sorrowful face. The you will see another scene of masked Boko HAram fighters burning US flags.... Where Presido Goodluck Jonathan go dey by then

Abeg, America, we can handle ourselves, afterall, we handled Maitasine and others, boko haram with all their sophistication will not be a threat to us until they blow up a government building with politicians packed inside to the capacity!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sokoto, Katsina Top List Of Poor States... / What Are The Stages A Bill Can Pass Before It Can Be Signed Into Law? / Olajide Oduyoye: LASTMA Will Return As Different Areas Get Less Volatile

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.