Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,407 members, 7,819,451 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

iPhone 5 Queues Around The World - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / iPhone 5 Queues Around The World (17034 Views)

iPhone 5 Glued To Ground Prank In Amsterdam / Long Queues For Iphone 5 / Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by coogar: 10:37pm On Sep 22, 2012
ogugua88: @Gbyte and @KazaaUpload, thanks for the suggestions!

Two of the first ones I got were "iPhone Secrets" and "Guide for iOS 6" hahaha.

get "word lens" - you would thank me later!
Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by Nobody: 1:05am On Sep 23, 2012
texazzpete:

No, but I'll give you a free copy of Brighter Grammar if you ask nicely.
I would rather pee on my pant than to accept iPhone 5 over Samsung Galaxy S III!
Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by Hoodrat(m): 10:32am On Sep 23, 2012
texazzpete:

No, but I'll give you a free copy of Brighter Grammar if you ask nicely.

Lol nice one murafucker cheesy
Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by Nobody: 2:20pm On Sep 23, 2012
Is the long queue not in Lagos? iPhone 5 all rather Apple neglects Africa in this iPhone 5 release. So sad!
Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by LongOne1(m): 2:59pm On Sep 23, 2012
ogugua88:

Well, it's my first iPhone, so I can't exactly compare it to another phone. So far, it's amazing. I was team Blackberry before. This phone blows my Blackberry Bold out of the water and into outer space. It is so sleek. The metal and plastic finish is luxurious. The pictures do not do it any justice. The elongation and the thinness of the phone are quite noticeable as well. Other people noticed it immediately. I haven't downloaded that many apps, nor have I used maps, which many people were complaining about. So, I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for those.

I'm in love with the charging port. Most people don't like it, which is bound to come with such a big change. It's true that people will have to buy a $30 adapter, and that sucks, but this change was much needed. Other phones have been using the smaller micro-USB for years, while Apple products kept toting the older, wider one. This change was much needed. I even prefer it to micro-USB as the cable it's reversible. There's no wrong way to put in the cable. Plus, when the cable is in, it clicks, so it won't fall out the way micro-USB cables often do.

What I was looking forward to most were the earpods. I'm a music junkie. I heard that Apple spent three years testing prototypes for the new headphones. It was time spent amazingly well. When I first used them, I couldn't believe they came with the phone. They are too good. The sound quality has improved ridiculously. Most importantly? Bass, bass, and bass. You can hear everything. They fit snuggly in the ear too, unlike the old earbuds. Apple headphones went from C+ to A. They sound expensive. They're selling for only $30, which I consider a steal. There are headphones more expensive than these and they don't sound as good.

Nice! Thanks for the detailed response and big hello to you too, I will buy the ear pods, but that's about it. For some of us, it seems to be a bit of a disappointment. I had imagined they would reverse engineer the Xbox kinect motion technology and use it as some form of virtual keypad on the new iPhone. Alternatively, use holographic technology to project images of apps or of people during a video call - you know, some future technology ish like that.

With Samsung & co. trailing behind, they had better come with good stuff, not slight upgrades, as it seems to be a flatter, stretched out and lighter iPhone 4/4s. Guess Steve Jobs is dead, and only time will tell if this new guy fits his shoe size. However, as with apple products, it's just another iPhone, that you don't need, but want to have.

Well, congrats on your new iPhone and ignore the rants of a disillusioned fan, lol.
Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by na2day(m): 6:14pm On Sep 23, 2012
grin grin grin

Ahaha, i can't help but post this video grin

Apple fans at their finest!

[flash=600,450]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMsLArefSOw?fs=1&hl=en[/flash]

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by kingsilly(m): 9:13am On Sep 24, 2012
^^dat lady is sick and clueless
Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by Nobody: 2:04am On Sep 25, 2012
Transcript of the video above:
Man: We're here on the iPhone 5 line with Rachel. Rachel what's the haps?
Lady: Well...erm...everybody wants the new version of i5...iPhone 5...so...we're waiting in line.
Man: Now somepeople decided to do the silly thing and order it on the internet. Why did you decide to wait on line?
Lady: I don't wanna get ripped off by the internet, so I decided to just wait in line.
Man: Have you heard a lot of horror stories [...] the internet going and ripping people off?
Lady: Scams and stuff like that? So...I'm obviously gonna avoid the internet. I'm just waiting in line
Man: Now, yeah, it is a smart thing to avoid the internet, what do you use your smartphone for? Or what're you planning on using it for?
Lady: Texting...uhm...messages to my friends...
Man: You know what, it's good to get an iPhone then. Uhm, what're the features about the new iPhone that have you so excited?
Lady: I'm not sure because I haven't seen it yet, but I'm pretty sure it'll be like really cool to use...uhm...everyday, like a laptop.
Man: Sure, what influenced you to get on this line, then?
Lady: Like everybody else that's waiting in the line. We're just, like, really wanting to buy Apple phone 5, and we want our phones now.
Man: You're at a...at a good point because you have no idea what the iPhone 5 offers, so it's like while all these people may be disappointed or know what to expect, it's all gonna be a surprise for you.
Lady: yeah, and I can't wait too, because I heard that it's only $200 instead of a hundred dollars, Man: wow so I'm very enthused, I might buy two or three phones.
Man: So what happens if you get into the store and it costs more than...200?
Lady: That's right, 'cause I have my credit card.
Man: Perfect, pay later!
Lady: Why not? So...we'll see what happens. I really want iPhone 5 and I'm not willing to walk out of my place in line.
Man: What is it about the iPhone 5 that makes you want it so much?
Lady: I like the way it's designed, I like the apple on it, it's wide, it's, like, silver colours, glass...uhm...frames. It's like really cool, it's...uhm...touchscreen. Everything is really, really advanced and cool about the iPhone 5.
Man: Mmhmmm. It has a camera, I've heard.
Lady: I guess so, I've never owned anything like that before in my life, so, we'll see.
Man: It takes...it'll take still pictures of moving images.
Lady: That's even better!
Man: Have you been sitting here the entire time for the last two days?
Lady: Yeah. I mean there's barricades up and everything, and behind the barricade I'm waiting for Apple 5. And I will call my boyfriend as soon as I get apple 5.
Man: 'Cause you'll have a phone.
Lady: Yeah,and I can tell where I am because I found out about Apple 5 and I'm very hyped about it, and I'm not willing to buy any other phone right now, because I want internet!
Man: With the "Apple 5"
Lady: Yeah.
Man: And it wont...that internet won't scam you.
Lady: I hope not! I don't think it ever will because I use Apple 5 all the time, and I've never had a problem at all with Apple. I mean not Apple 5, but I use Apple.
Man: Previous Apples.
Lady: I mean yeah, previou...I mean Apple 4, but Apple 5 is what I want to buy now, so...
Man: Well, good luck!
Lady: I know, so congrats to me about getting the Apple 5 because...uhm...I've shared phones before with other people, but I've never owned my own.
Man: This is gonna be great!
Lady: Yeah, I know!
_
END!!
Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by Nobody: 4:27am On Sep 25, 2012
SimonAndal: Transcript of the video above:
Man: We're here on the iPhone 5 line with Rachel. Rachel what's the haps?
Lady: Well...erm...everybody wants the new version of i5...iPhone 5...so...we're waiting in line.
Man: Now somepeople decided to do the silly thing and order it on the internet. Why did you decide to wait on line?
Lady: I don't wanna get ripped off by the internet, so I decided to just wait in line.
Man: Have you heard a lot of horror stories [...] the internet going and ripping people off?
Lady: Scams and stuff like that? So...I'm obviously gonna avoid the internet. I'm just waiting in line
Man: Now, yeah, it is a smart thing to avoid the internet, what do you use your smartphone for? Or what're you planning on using it for?
Lady: Texting...uhm...messages to my friends...
Man: You know what, it's good to get an iPhone then. Uhm, what're the features about the new iPhone that have you so excited?
Lady: I'm not sure because I haven't seen it yet, but I'm pretty sure it'll be like really cool to use...uhm...everyday, like a laptop.
Man: Sure, what influenced you to get on this line, then?
Lady: Like everybody else that's waiting in the line. We're just, like, really wanting to buy Apple phone 5, and we want our phones now.
Man: You're at a...at a good point because you have no idea what the iPhone 5 offers, so it's like while all these people may be disappointed or know what to expect, it's all gonna be a surprise for you.
Lady: yeah, and I can't wait too, because I heard that it's only $200 instead of a hundred dollars, Man: wow so I'm very enthused, I might buy two or three phones.
Man: So what happens if you get into the store and it costs more than...200?
Lady: That's right, 'cause I have my credit card.
Man: Perfect, pay later!
Lady: Why not? So...we'll see what happens. I really want iPhone 5 and I'm not willing to walk out of my place in line.
Man: What is it about the iPhone 5 that makes you want it so much?
Lady: I like the way it's designed, I like the apple on it, it's wide, it's, like, silver colours, glass...uhm...frames. It's like really cool, it's...uhm...touchscreen. Everything is really, really advanced and cool about the iPhone 5.
Man: Mmhmmm. It has a camera, I've heard.
Lady: I guess so, I've never owned anything like that before in my life, so, we'll see.
Man: It takes...it'll take still pictures of moving images.
Lady: That's even better!
Man: Have you been sitting here the entire time for the last two days?
Lady: Yeah. I mean there's barricades up and everything, and behind the barricade I'm waiting for Apple 5. And I will call my boyfriend as soon as I get apple 5.
Man: 'Cause you'll have a phone.
Lady: Yeah,and I can tell where I am because I found out about Apple 5 and I'm very hyped about it, and I'm not willing to buy any other phone right now, because I want internet!
Man: With the "Apple 5"
Lady: Yeah.
Man: And it wont...that internet won't scam you.
Lady: I hope not! I don't think it ever will because I use Apple 5 all the time, and I've never had a problem at all with Apple. I mean not Apple 5, but I use Apple.
Lady: I mean yeah, previou...I mean Apple 4, but Apple 5 is what I want to buy now, so...
Lady: I know, so congrats to me about getting the Apple 5 because...uhm...I've shared phones before with other people, but I've never owned my own.
Man: This is gonna be great!
Lady: Yeah, I know!
_
END!!
Person no go kill person for here with laff, I've listened to the video personally and now reading it even makes it more fun because I won't stop remembering the way the lady was talking 'apple 5' ...

1 Like

Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by coogar: 10:55am On Sep 25, 2012
Gbyte:
Person no go kill person for here with laff, I've listened to the video personally and now reading it even makes it more fun because I won't stop remembering the way the lady was talking 'apple 5' ...

far majority of the americans don't have a clue - then again, there's a possibility the video was staged. she said she's owned previous apple phones and she thought she could get the iphone 5 for $100-$200? bizarre! what are the odds that this video was made by those obnoxious samsung dickriders?
Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by Nobody: 11:10am On Sep 25, 2012
coogar:

far majority of the americans don't have a clue - then again, there's a possibility the video was staged. she said she's owned previous apple phones and she thought she could get the iphone 5 for $100-$200? bizarre! what are the odds that this video was made by those obnoxious samsung dickriders?
You just have to listen to yourself sometimes. Even if it is staged it still doesn't prove why I have to spend huge amount on something less.
Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by coogar: 12:18pm On Sep 25, 2012
all4naija: You just have to listen to yourself sometimes. Even if it is staged it still doesn't prove why I have to spend huge amount on something less.

probably because you are a church-rat! what's your business in what people decide to spend their money on? did they come to you for a loan?
Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by mavtrevor(m): 1:02pm On Sep 25, 2012
Hype Hype Hype...i bet new Android phones based on Android 4.1 will seriously compete if not beat any phone on iOS 6...Android gives the flexibility Apple will never give. Being open source, you can even develop on Android....Apple should try same and stop holding up.........
Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by 4llerbuntu(m): 1:07pm On Sep 25, 2012
coogar:

THIS LINE IS THE BEST

"I know, so congrats to me about getting the Apple 5 because...uhm...I've shared phones before with other people, but I've never owned my own."

ROFLMAO!

cant say im surprised anyhow. this kinda idiocy is displayed on NL on a per second basis

BTW what kinda individual spends hours if not days on a line to purchase a phone? No jobs, nothing else to do but stand on a line? to think that the phone coulda been ordered anyway

Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by clip: 1:08pm On Sep 25, 2012
I believe that iPhone 5 is expensive but just to create a class for. Themselves which I think is not a bad idea.
Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by Nobody: 6:17pm On Sep 25, 2012
coogar:

It's possible to get it for $200. I've been due for an upgrade in May as that's when my contract ended. The phone cost me $199, but then there were taxes. She's still a dolt though lol.
Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by Nobody: 6:21pm On Sep 25, 2012
Long One:

Nice! Thanks for the detailed response and big hello to you too, I will buy the ear pods, but that's about it. For some of us, it seems to be a bit of a disappointment. I had imagined they would reverse engineer the Xbox kinect motion technology and use it as some form of virtual keypad on the new iPhone. Alternatively, use holographic technology to project images of apps or of people during a video call - you know, some future technology ish like that.

With Samsung & co. trailing behind, they had better come with good stuff, not slight upgrades, as it seems to be a flatter, stretched out and lighter iPhone 4/4s. Guess Steve Jobs is dead, and only time will tell if this new guy fits his shoe size. However, as with apple products, it's just another iPhone, that you don't need, but want to have.

Well, congrats on your new iPhone and ignore the rants of a disillusioned fan, lol.

Exactly lol. It's perfect for last carriers on blackberry first-time iPhone users, but for people with the 4s, there isn't much reason to rush. I guess we'll have to wait until next year to see a big, futuristic, surprising feature on the next iPhone. I'm content though.

You'll fall in love with the earpods. That's a promise lol.
Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by coogar: 6:30pm On Sep 25, 2012
4llerbuntu:

THIS LINE IS THE BEST

"I know, so congrats to me about getting the Apple 5 because...uhm...I've shared phones before with other people, but I've never owned my own."

ROFLMAO!

cant say im surprised anyhow. this kinda idiocy is displayed on NL on a per second basis

1) she's used apple before and never had a problem with them
2) she's never owned her own phone is different from i have never owned an i-phone!!!

never seen such an incoherent babbling before from an adult - it's either this shyte was staged or the woman here is high on amphetamines!!
Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by Nobody: 7:28pm On Sep 25, 2012
coogar:

1) she's used apple before and never had a problem with them
2) she's never owned her own phone is different from i have never owned an i-phone!!!

never seen such an incoherent babbling before from an adult - it's either this shyte was staged or the woman here is high on amphetamines!!

Ordinarily, looking at the woman, I can see someone who is not alright before listening to her, words from her mouth only confirmed that she's not normal and should not be taken seriously.
Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by coogar: 7:40pm On Sep 25, 2012
Gbyte:
Ordinarily, looking at the woman, I can see someone who is not alright before listening to her, words from her mouth only confirmed that she's not normal and should not be taken seriously.

goes to show how sad samsung can go to place vagrants in the queue of people waiting to buy the iphone-5! someone who has used apple before thinks she can get one for $100 and she wants to buy 3!!! 3?? lolololol!
Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by clip: 6:06am On Sep 29, 2012
If you haves IPhone before, you will not want to use another phone again. If you can afford it.
Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by coogar: 10:32am On Sep 29, 2012
ogugua88:

It's possible to get it for $200. I've been due for an upgrade in May as that's when my contract ended. The phone cost me $199, but then there were taxes. She's still a dolt though lol.

does that woman look like she can pass a credit check to you? grin cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Add Free Premium Channels On Your Startimes / Xiaomi Users Only: Screenshot Your Home Wallpaper. / What Makes The New Infinix Smart 2 Pro Special?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.