Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,224 members, 7,867,587 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 07:03 PM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (241) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2438576 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) ... (1026) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofodirinwa: 11:40am On Oct 28, 2015
Chino/Space Tour, your internet addiction is ruling you

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 11:40am On Oct 28, 2015
http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/2015/10/imo-fmb-partner-to-build-2000-housing-units/

Imo, FMB partner to build 2,000 housing
units
By Charles Ogugbuaja, Owerri on October 28, 2015 3:23
am

Signs deal on fertilizer plant

THE Imo State Government has concluded
arrangement with the Federal Mortgage Bank (FMB)
to build 2,000 housing units, comprising semi-
detached duplexes and blocks of flats, for its workers
in the three senatorial zones under the Imo Model
Scheme.

Governor Rochas Okorocha, who disclosed this to
journalists at the weekend in Owerri, after a meeting
with the officials of the bank, led by Executive
Director, Mr. Charles Ajifa, said the state government
would provide about N10 billion, adding that while
the state government would contribute 60 per cent,
the bank would commit 40 per cent. He also
disclosed that the authorities of the FMB would pay
the developers and recover the money on behalf of
the state government and itself.

The governor regretted that workers in the state did
not benefit from such despite huge contributions that
were made. He added that the state government
would provide land, good road network and
infrastructure in the areas. About N1 billion, he said,
had been contributed, just as he disclosed that the
project would begin with initial 1,000 housing units.
Executive Director of the FMB, Charles Ajifa, said
some housing units already constructed by the bank
would soon be handed over to the state government.
A committee was set up to carry the project.

Also, the Imo State Government has signed a
Memoranda of Understanding (MoU), with a foreign
firm to build a 500-tonne capacity of Fertilizer plant
in the Industrial Park of Ohaji/ Egbema Local Council
of the state, to serve the needs of farmers.

Secretary to the State Government, Jude Ejuogu, in
collaboration with the Permanent Secretary of the
Ministry of Agriculture, Mrs. Lilian Asuzu, signed the
deal on behalf of government a representative of the
firm, Mr. Nguyam Kim Tawo, signed for his company

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SpaceTour: 11:41am On Oct 28, 2015
This is the road situation in Owerri, what is Okorocha doing about it. Abagworo and Beremx over to you. Did the pictures lie? undecided

Let us say the truth for once so that government attention can be drawn to the real issues.. cool

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SpaceTour: 11:42am On Oct 28, 2015
These are the things bothering us in Imo state and we should bring it to the fore so that government can do something about it..what do you think bro? undecided

Ofodirinwa:
Chino/Space Tour, your internet addiction is ruling you
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Beremx(f): 11:44am On Oct 28, 2015
SpaceTour:
Beremx, this is a road situation in Owerri road leading to Rivers State, although Rivers state side is very okay but Owerri end, I think it should be brought to the notice of Rochas and Buhari led APC government. Abagworo what do you say about this? When I initially pointed this out you chose to fight off everybody on this issue but it is still persistent and getting worse.
We have seen that pictures over and over again. Show me pictures i haven't seen before and i will take it up from there.
the pictures i posted were taken in anambra state that's why i posted it here. I will do the same if it was in my state.
learn to be sincere.

If you insult me again,you will be reported.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 11:44am On Oct 28, 2015
Abagworo:
http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/2015/10/imo-fmb-partner-to-build-2000-housing-units/

units
am

Scheme.

God bless Imo state. This is the type of news we need from Imo state
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SpaceTour: 11:45am On Oct 28, 2015
It is because most of them are either abandoned and poorly done with 6inches blocks like in Imo state

Beremx:
Why are most bridges in the SE always poorly constructed? Does it have to do with the soil or bad contractors?

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 11:45am On Oct 28, 2015
Abagworo:

units
am

Scheme.

I would have loved if they named the specific area those houses are going to be built...they should also not abandon or maintaining existing estates

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Beremx(f): 11:46am On Oct 28, 2015
Abagworo,please kindly post news about Imo state on the Imo thread. There's no need posting it here.

There's no competition going on this thread.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Beremx(f): 11:47am On Oct 28, 2015
SpaceTour:
It is because most of them are either abandoned and poorly done with 6inches blocks like in Imo state
Are we not both saying the same thing?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SpaceTour: 11:49am On Oct 28, 2015
Judith, I bet you have not seen most of this pictures. Owerri section of Rivers state road is in a horrible condition..in fact it is the worst road right now in Nigeria. Some of us that travels to PH often can no longer cope with that Owerri terror. We need Okorocha to come to our aide or better still Buhari.

Beremx:
We have seen that pictures over and over again. Show me pictures i haven't seen before and i will take it up from there.
the pictures i posted were taken in anambra state that's why i posted it here. I will do the same if it was in my state.
learn to be sincere.

If you insult me again,you will be reported.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SpaceTour: 11:51am On Oct 28, 2015
Yes, but charity begins at home, the same reason you should be more concerned with the horrible condition of Imo state. undecided

Beremx:
Are we not both saying the same thing?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Beremx(f): 11:55am On Oct 28, 2015
SpaceTour:
Yes, but charity begins at home, the same reason you should be more concerned with the horrible condition of Imo state. undecided

and who told you i am not concerned? it pains me that i am not resident in Imo state to flood nairaland with pictures of bad roads. Why do you think i have stopped supporting Rochas?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SpaceTour: 11:56am On Oct 28, 2015
The worst roads in the SE are mainly in Imo state so I think the SE governors should focus more on horrible road situation in Owerri and Imo state at large to help salvage the state more especially as they cannot even pay salaries any longer. Below are some of the roads

Abagworo:

Porous soil type, heavy rains and population pressure. Chino will not tell us the state of most roads barely constructed last 1 or 2 years in Awka which have degenerated greatly with erosion threats. The Southeast Governors should involve environmental experts in whatever new road they intend to construct to forestall erosion problems. Even the Onitsha-Owerri Road is about being cut off too.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SpaceTour: 11:58am On Oct 28, 2015
My dear I think you should do more because presently workers in Imo state are owed over 11months salary arrears, all the roads are bad both state and federal, poverty is so high in the state because it is a civil servant state because owed civil servants are the major patronizers of the state economy..

Beremx:
and who told you i am not concerned? it pains me that i am not resident in Imo state to flood nairaland with pictures of bad roads. Why do you think i have stopped supporting Rochas?

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 11:59am On Oct 28, 2015
Beremx:
Abagworo,please kindly post news about Imo state on the Imo thread. There's no need posting it here.

There's no competition going on this thread.

This is Imo thread.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Beremx(f): 12:05pm On Oct 28, 2015
Abagworo:

This is Imo thread.
Oh! pardon me. I didn't look at the thread before commenting. My bad.

grin
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SpaceTour: 12:10pm On Oct 28, 2015
No! That spot is on the Imo state side of the express on your way to Owerri. I think I have the pictures too..

asha80:
as for the last sentence I guess that spot just on your right if you coming from Onitsha just after passing obosi bypass
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Pchidexy(m): 12:18pm On Oct 28, 2015
Until I start seeing structures on ground, I reserve my comment. So far so good, Okorocha is doing well on papers.

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by millionaireman: 2:40pm On Oct 28, 2015
RareDiamond:
Investors propose Ukrainian University in Imo State

By Our Reporter on September 29, 2015 Education Review

Top Ukrainian business delegates from the International Chamber of Commerce (I.C.C) Ukraine visited Owerri, Imo State recently to support the education sector. The team of experts, mostly executive council officials of More Educational Services Ltd – a subset of the Chamber with interest in educational bilateral support services, said the purpose of the visit was to initiate a working partnership with Governor Rochas Okorocha to fast track the development of the area.
The foreign business delegates, led by Mr. Maksym Tsygankov, a top Ukrainian education expert and Sales/Marketing Director of More Educational Services Ltd and Mrs. Olena Protsenko, Executive Director, More Educational Services were received by the Deputy Governor of the state, Prince Eze Madumere.
The delegates expressed the Chamber’s desire to partner with the government of Imo State in scholarship offers, human capacity trainings, waste-to-wealth projects, gas exploration projects, exportation of agricultural products and city development projects in the state. They also identified other areas of possible partnership to include aviation training in Ukraine for two students in each of the 27 local government areas of the state as well as the setting up of a Ukrainian University in the state to offer courses in specialized fields that are rare in Nigeria but prominent in the Ukraine.
Director of the project, Mrs. Olena Protsenko, revealed that Imo State was carefully selected for this educational offer in the South East because her indigenes have the highest number of applications for foreign studies into different Ukrainian schools in the entire south east region.
The Deputy Governor expressed the state government’s readiness to partner with them and promised to convey their letters of formal interest to Governor Okorocha.
The facilitator of the visit, Mr. Innocent Winners, expressed joy with the outcome of the meeting. “Government alone cannot do everything, hence my informed decision to invite the foreign investors to partner with the state,” he said.
Head of Media, Information and Strategy, More Educational Services Ltd, Mr. Segun Bailey Adeniji said plans were underway to provide aviation training for about 57 indigent students across the 27 local government areas of the state to study in Ukraine.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/investors-propose-ukrainian-university-in-imo/

Rare D;

Before we talk of Ukranian wetin ....

Four years going, still building a university in Ogboko; when shall the university open?

Who owns it?

Who uses a whooping length of time like this to establish a university?
The massive university infrastructure being built in Ogboko can provide university education to a huge number of Imo state JAMBITES.

Or is it a Madrasa for talakawas that is being built in Ogboko? And by who? Inquiring Imolites wanna know.

Make I waka pass.

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by mandax: 3:09am On Oct 29, 2015
asha80:
I would have loved if they named the specific area those houses are going to be built...they should also not abandon or maintaining existing estates

Watch out, at the end, whatever shall be built of the houses shall be built only in Owerri, Okorocha's state.

The governor has abandoned the rest of Imo state to decay, except roads leading to his village.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 10:30am On Oct 29, 2015
@Rare diamonds, When we say investors, we don't mean tourist or economic refugees from Ukraine. Have they finished rebuilding their war torn country before jumping to Imo. Okorocha should spare us those insults and stop playing on the gullibility of our people. Ka o meregodi nke mmuo nwuru na anya. We've been hearing this investors pranks since his first tenure. And up till now how many viable industry can you count in the state. All we hear are investors from Malaysia, investors from Ukraine. Don't be surprise that one day, investors from Congo and Liberia may be the news making the rounds. Who is even suprised? After all ORO has his scam ring scattered in every part of the world. Investors my foot. Abegi!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 10:37am On Oct 29, 2015
Chiwude:
@Rare diamonds, When we say investors, we don't mean tourist or economic refugees from Ukraine. Have they finished rebuilding their war torn country before jumping to Imo. Okorocha should spare us those insults and stop playing on the gullibility of Ndimo. Ka o meregodi nke mmuo nwuru na anya. We've been hearing this investors pranks since his first tenure. And up till now how many viable industry can you count in the state. All we hear are investors from Malaysia, investors from Ukraine. Don't be surprise that one day, investors from Congo and Liberia may be the news making the rounds. Who is even suprised? After all ORO has his scam ring scattered in every part of the world. Investors my foot. Abegi!

Nigga stop allowing yourself gullible to media war between politicians. We all know very well that for something to succeed, the people have to support it. Charity begins at home and to industrialise Imo, we the citizens are the ones to start it. Some of us like Jacob's wine have started it and it is left for others to follow. Okorocha has for the 1st time since creation of Imo shown interest in encouraging both foreign and local investors. Let us try to make it work and not destroy it. Imo belongs to us all.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 10:43am On Oct 29, 2015
Luckily enough Frank Jacobs is the present Chairman of Manufacturers Association of Nigeria and he is from Imo State. His factory is located in his village of Awo in Imo State not Aba or Lagos.

http://m.nationalmirroronline.net/article/why-industrialization-policies-fail-in-imo---man/?category-id=2&page=9&article-id=33946

National President of the Manufacturers Association of
Nigeria, (MAN), Dr. Ray Jacobs, has faulted
industrialization programmes of previous governments in
Imo State, saying that they could not succeed because of
failure to effectively involve the private sector in their
implementation. Jacobs, in his keynote address captioned,
“Process for Trade and Investment in Imo State, the need
for public-private- partnership,” delivered at the Imo State
Trade and Investment Centre Owerri, Imo State, stressed
the need for the current state government to provide
credible and workable industrial blue-print that will ensure
adequate participation of the private sector and ensure that
corruption is reduced to the barest minimum, if the
industrialization programme will succeed. The MAN
President harped on the need for government to ensure
adequate security and provide and equip all existing
industrial estates with necessary infrastructure to attract
foreign and local investors. He described the Igbo as very
industrious and hardworking people which is typical of the
Imo man and stressed the need for the state government to
encourage investors at all costs to help develop the state
pointing out that many states in Nigeria have hundreds of
industries. Declaring open the Imo State Government-
sponsored Trade and Investment Forum at the Imo State
Trade and Investment Centre complex, formerly Ahiajoku,
the State Governor Owelle Rochas Okorocha, disclosed that
his trips abroad aimed at attracting investors and
industrialists to the state have started yielding concrete
results, as the first set of investors have arrived the state to
begin work on their projects. Governor Okorocha identified
some of the industrialists from abroad who were at the Imo
Trade and Investment Forum to participate in the event to
include industrialists who are from South Korea who will
develop the Oguta Blue Lake of Treasure into a world-class
tourism complex and another team from that country which
will build the towering 1000 apartment adjacent the Imo
Trade and Investment Centre.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SpaceTour: 1:38pm On Oct 29, 2015
This ugly old bastard common get hell out from Anambra thread or you will have me to contest with. Kindly go to your useless and worthless Imo state, we have nothing in common with you i.diots. Go and bother yourself with the mess Okoroawusa has left your hopeless state in..

Abagworo:
As Peter Obi's hatchet men descend on Obiano, can he withstand the heat? 2017 will be hot.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 11:17am On Oct 30, 2015
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SpaceTour: 2:50pm On Oct 30, 2015
This is the condition of your worthless Imo state. The worst state in the SE.. cheesy cheesy

TheRetuRnOfNEDU:
WHERE IS CHINONSO WILBERFORCE DIKE AKA SHEMATIC,CHINO,ANITABEAUTI,AKWABASSEY. AND ALL UMU ANA EDO/OMAMALA LETS COME HERE AND DISCUSES WAY FORWARD FOR OUR STATE ANAMBRA STATE.... I CAN SEE THAT EROSION IS REVENGING NKPOR FLYOVER/LEG OVER..... AND NOTING IS BEEN DONE ABOUT IT RATHER WE CHOOSE TO CHASE RAT WHAN OUR HOUSE IS ON FIRE.....
THIS IS VERY BAD CAUSE PITA OBI USED SUBSTANDARD CONTRACTORS AND LABORERS TO DO MOST OF HIS PROJECTS,NOW IS WASHING OUT.. OBIANO HAS JOINED THE BANDWAGON..... CHINONSO COME OUT AND STOP PEEPING, SO WHAT DO YOU THINK........... NO INSULT ON THIS THREAD ABEG.... LETS CHART WAY FORWARD......

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SpaceTour: 2:51pm On Oct 30, 2015
Chinedu alaegbu i am here for you cheesy cheesy cheesy

Owerri trending cheesy cheesy

TheRetuRnOfNEDU:
WHERE IS CHINONSO WILBERFORCE DIKE AKA SHEMATIC,CHINO,ANITABEAUTI,AKWABASSEY. AND ALL UMU ANA EDO/OMAMALA LETS COME HERE AND DISCUSES WAY FORWARD FOR OUR STATE ANAMBRA STATE.... I CAN SEE THAT EROSION IS REVENGING NKPOR FLYOVER/LEG OVER..... AND NOTING IS BEEN DONE ABOUT IT RATHER WE CHOOSE TO CHASE RAT WHAN OUR HOUSE IS ON FIRE.....
THIS IS VERY BAD CAUSE PITA OBI USED SUBSTANDARD CONTRACTORS AND LABORERS TO DO MOST OF HIS PROJECTS,NOW IS WASHING OUT.. OBIANO HAS JOINED THE BANDWAGON..... CHINONSO COME OUT AND STOP PEEPING, SO WHAT DO YOU THINK........... NO INSULT ON THIS THREAD ABEG.... LETS CHART WAY FORWARD......

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SpaceTour: 2:52pm On Oct 30, 2015
Owerri trending.. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SpaceTour: 2:53pm On Oct 30, 2015
Chinedu Alaegbu where are you? kikikikikikik

Hopeless being grin grin

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SpaceTour: 2:54pm On Oct 30, 2015
Imo state can get better if Okorocha should sit up and lead by example..

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SpaceTour: 2:55pm On Oct 30, 2015
Owerri needs proper planning and good roads to enable the roads to last cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) ... (1026) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.