Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,986 members, 7,810,753 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:34 PM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (380) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2396477 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) ... (1019) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by niceone3(m): 3:14pm On May 10, 2017
Wow! Abagworo you are doing a very great job here. so enjoying your contribution in every thread in NL especially this one. I actually become Okorocha fan after that federal road he rebuilt from Orlu to Ideato. that huge scaring landslide that almost cut out that road must be very expensive to work on. I really commend him for that road because it is a major trunk road for most people (me inclusive) traveling to the northern part of the state as well as anambra via Uga. I also commend him for the wonders he did in Orlu which before now is just like a rural town. saw the dual carriage Roads, stainless grin street light and other few infrastructural development in Orlu.
the last time I traveled I was surprise to see ongoing round about construction with cross roads been paved to be constructed. in fact that junction is wearing a new look as business activities and liveliness is springing up with the speed of light in and within the junction. I just hope he keep up with the pace.

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Incredibleme: 3:29pm On May 10, 2017
After some knuckle heads will come out and be shouting orlu and marginalization. Ndigbo na nsogbu dika ji na mmanu. smh.

4 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by mandax: 6:59pm On May 10, 2017
niceone3:
Wow! Abagworo you are doing a very great job here. so enjoying your contribution in every thread in NL especially this one. I actually become Okorocha fan after that federal road he rebuilt from Orlu to Ideato. that huge scaring landslide that almost cut out that road must be very expensive to work on. I really commend him for that road because it is a major trunk road for most people (me inclusive) traveling to the northern part of the state as well as anambra via Uga. I also commend him for the wonders he did in Orlu which before now is just like a rural town. saw the dual carriage Roads, stainless grin street light and other few infrastructural development in Orlu.
the last time I traveled I was surprise to see ongoing round about construction with cross roads been paved to be constructed. in fact that junction is wearing a new look as business activities and liveliness is springing up with the speed of light in and within the junction. I just hope he keep up with the pace.

You incredible..,

Google can guide you: since 2013, you can't see the names Rochas Okorocha, or Imo state
government and Orlu on the same sentence or page, regarding any meaningful development project.

Entertain yourself with inanities, at the same time continue to mislead your principal, Gov. Okorocha.

Okorocha govt, by 2013, dualized the two kilometer Ihioma road with Banana juntion roundabout which you described above, plus three other very short streets in Orlu, put lamp poles that stopped showing light a few months after.

The roads were purposely to connect his university in his hometown through Orlu to Owerri road which he is also dualizing for the university.

If you move into the dillapidated internal roads in Orlu urban, and you have conscience, you shall spit on Imo state government; perhaps move to Owerri and ask Rochas Okorocha why he has the courage to abandone these Orlu roads this level, but builds many Inland roads and flyovers and 8 lanes streets in Owerri.

Even the urban roads which the previous governments must have spent billions of Naira to build in Orlu are allowed to wash away, no maintenance, under Okorocha's government.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by niceone3(m): 2:34am On May 11, 2017
mandax:

You incredible..,

Google can guide you: since 2013, you can't see the names Rochas Okorocha, or Imo state
government and Orlu on the same sentence or page, regarding any meaningful development project.

Entertain yourself with inanities, at the same time continue to mislead your principal, Gov. Okorocha.

Okorocha govt, by 2013, dualized the two kilometer Ihioma road with Banana juntion roundabout which you described above, plus three other very short streets in Orlu, put lamp poles that stopped showing light a few months after.

The roads were purposely to connect his university in his hometown through Orlu to Owerri road which he is also dualizing for the university.

If you move into the dillapidated internal roads in Orlu urban, and you have conscience, you shall spit on Imo state government; perhaps move to Owerri and ask Rochas Okorocha why he has the courage to abandone these Orlu roads this level, but builds many Inland roads and flyovers and 8 lanes streets in Owerri.

Even the urban roads which the previous governments must have spent billions of Naira to build in Orlu are allowed to wash away, no maintenance, under Okorocha's government.

wow! I don't really understand you . from your tone you sound really bitter maybe you know pretty much better than I do about governance in Imo state. I am just telling the little I know about the state since I don't reside their I only come in during festive periods and am just saying things as I see them. their have been little change from early nineties when I normally travel with my parents to my village even up till late 2000. but the story has changed especially in the last six years. would you expect me to lie about the changes? That junction you describe their I don't think I know it. the junction and roundabout I described in my post is in remote Akokwa.
I am not holding any brief for Rochase or any other leader because we elect them to to render solutions to problems but it doesn't however mean that you won't appreciate the little they have done after all most do nothing. In my own rural community I can see few roads, new school, health center, other flashes of government presence things I haven't felt before and am just saying it the way I saw it.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 10:59pm On May 11, 2017
Aside the 27 gigantic hospitals being built in all the 27 LGAs of Imo State there are 27 ICT centres being built in all the LGAs too. I am glad that Okorocha understands that present and near future world is ICT compliant.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by emmysoftyou: 8:59pm On May 12, 2017
IMO is a place to be, please I need an information on land and properties,pls I want to know how much is land in owerri, maybe a place at orji or place at amakohia .

Does anyone know their prices?

Thank q
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 10:58pm On May 12, 2017
emmysoftyou:
IMO is a place to be, please I need an information on land and properties,pls I want to know how much is land in owerri, maybe a place at orji or place at amakohia .

Does anyone know their prices?

Thank q
I think you should contact @MrEverest, he deals in real estate in owerri.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 11:02pm On May 12, 2017
A water recreation park currently under construction by orji flyover owerri

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 11:02pm On May 12, 2017
sanctity454:
A water recreation park currently under construction by orji flyover owerri

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 11:07pm On May 12, 2017
Day light view of the park

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 11:25pm On May 12, 2017
I rode on the asphalted section of 8 lane okigwe road, I prayed that God Almighty bless my hustle cos the rate of development and growth is very much, real estate is the most booming sector in owerri, just make una no buy everything finish make una remain small for man pikin ooo

Owerri needs just few high rise buildings, though I saw about five under construction, imolite are really silent achievers I swear , if didn't visit u won't believe, visit and be wowed. owerri is Nigeria best kept secret now.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by OreMI22: 3:14am On May 13, 2017
Abagworo,
What Happened to Imo palm plantation Ohaji that Rochas at some point said he had revived?https://www.nairaland.com/1150713/rochas-revives-imo-palm-pictures

Why can't they just concession the whole plantation to Malaysians to make it productive again and employ so many jobless youths?

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 7:59am On May 13, 2017
sanctity454:
I rode on the asphalted section of 8 lane okigwe road, I prayed that God Almighty bless my hustle cos the rate of development and growth is very much, real estate is the most booming sector in owerri, just make una no buy everything finish make una remain small for man pikin ooo

Owerri needs just few high rise buildings, though I saw about five under construction, imolite are really silent achievers I swear , if didn't visit u won't believe, visit and be wowed. owerri is Nigeria best kept secret now.
love the concept behind Rocha's owerri. where you see the high rise you wrote about? am not aware of such development.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 8:34am On May 13, 2017
OreMI22:
Abagworo,
What Happened to Imo palm plantation Ohaji that Rochas at some point said he had revived?https://www.nairaland.com/1150713/rochas-revives-imo-palm-pictures

Why can't they just concession the whole plantation to Malaysians to make it productive again and employ so many jobless youths?

Bitter politics killed Ada palm. It was concessioned to Roche group just like Rison palm of Rivers State but local politicians destroyed the Imo State palms using old workers and community crisis to scare away investors. The same Roche is doing well in Rivers State today.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/agriculture/imo-palm-plantation-grounded-reptiles-take-over-bushy-compound/132087.html

The popular Adapalm Plantation, now renamed Imo Palm Plantation by the present government, is completely grounded, after being abandoned by both the state government and Roche Group -an Irish company managing the establishment.
A visit to the establishment at Ohaji/Egbema and Agwa in Oguta LGA reveals that nothing is happening there any longer.

The compound has been taken over by weeds and grasses, giving rise to the emergence of dangerous reptiles and rodents among other animals.
Daily Trust observed that operations at the milling section of the company as well as the usual daily work routine at the company are no more in existence. Only security men comprising of the Army, Niger Delta Security network set up by Governor Rochas Okorocha and men of the Nigeria Police were sighted guarding the company.

The nine mile square, 4319 hectares of plantation was established in 1962 as Ohaji Farm settlement by the then Premier of Eastern Region Michael I. Okpara, with the planting of the palms trees done by Ukpabi Asika in 1976 while the first civilian governor of Imo State, the late Chief Samuel Onunaka Mbakwe built the mill in 1983.

The plantation was in 2011 leased out to Roche Group and from that time till five months ago when it was grounded, production and the entire operation of the company had been going on amidst crises among the staff, youth as well as the Landlords Association.
Speaking with our correspondent in Owerri, a staff of the plantation, and the Secretary of Agricultural and Allied Employees Union of Nigeria, Imo Palm Plantation, Mr. Opara Simeon, said before the takeover of the plantation by Roche Group, the place was moving at snail speed.

He said that trouble started when the new managers of the company - Roche Group, said they were not going to work with the existing staff and as a result, workers started demanding for payment of severance allowance.

Opara said the situation lingered till 2013 when agitation by workers started over unpaid allowances and salaries. He said that workers are till date being owed 14 months salaries.
He regretted that the managers of the plantation never showed capacity to manage the plantation, adding that it was the reason why they failed to manage the place effectively.

He said that the workers, 80 percent of whom are from Ohaji/Egbema and Agwa in Oguta LGAs, are finding it hard to send their children to schools or even cope with the present economic situation in the country.
The union secretary insisted that the remaining staff in the four villages which has 123 buildings and 200 in the nucleus including churches, would not move out of the place until they are paid their severance benefits and salaries.

He pointed out that the plantation has the capacity of employing 3,000 persons, adding that if the abandoned downstream which is at 75% completion stage was achieved, it can produce soap and other items.
When contacted, the immediate past vice chairman of Landlord Association, Mr. Cyrian Orjiaku, said there was peace when Roche Group first took over the plantation.
He said trouble actually started in the plantation when the former caretaker committee chairman of the Landlord Association, Gideon Mefor, refused to hand over to the elected executive members after an election.

Reacting, the Head Legal Unit of Roche Group Ltd. Mr. Peters Nyitni, said that their initial plans was to buy a palm plantation in Ghana but along the line they changed their mind to purchase Ada Palm plantation, adding that immediately the process was completed, they moved in with all their staff and management team including their expatriates.

He expressed regret that within the period they were operational, they were faced with arrows of crisis from both the landlords and the youths who from time to time disrupt the activities of the company.
He said most of their managers who are foreigners had to leave the state to other plantations in Rivers State and other states in the country because of kidnapping and attacks.

Nyitni said that one of the issues in the lease agreement was payment of severance benefits of workers which ordinarily was not their responsibilities, stressing that they even paid some staff that were severed before the crises that led to abandonment of the place following an order by the labour union in the place.

He said that they had all it takes to turn the place around, adding that it was why the place was effectively booming before trouble started, and if they have continued till date, the place would have become more vibrant.

The former general manager of Palm Plantation, Mr. Don Okwu, said that he was surprised to hear that the plantation was no more functioning.
He stressed that the money to run the plantation without allocation from the government could be sourced from the plantation and regretted that it would be left to go moribund.

He said while he was there, government did not give him money for staff salary for two years but he was able to pay salaries of workers for 30 months.
According to him, in 2006, the mill was producing about 40,000 tons of fresh fruits. He said the plantation could be replicated in other parts of the state if the will is there.

Commenting on the situation, Governor Rochas Okorocha, though without visiting the plantation in the past five years, agreed that staff of the company are still being owed salaries amounting to N27m.
The governor, however, said he had asked the affected workers to do the right thing for them to get paid.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 4:08pm On May 16, 2017
4th inland road on the erosion ravaged old nekede road.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 4:09pm On May 16, 2017
sanctity454:

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 4:11pm On May 16, 2017
from another angle

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 8:21pm On May 16, 2017
sanctity454:
this is the rd that connects nekede directly to Emmanuel college and old ogbuosisi junction right?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by IgbosAreGreat(f): 8:38pm On May 16, 2017
@abagworo any news about the shell gas plant in ohaji/egbeme axis
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by kikake: 3:12am On May 17, 2017
Good work of Gov. Okorocha in Owerri.

But whoever has ears must listen:

by excavating roads in Orlu since 2012 and abandoning them since then;

feed dust to people's lungs for five years;

but use Orlu's and others' federal allocations to build in Owerri - 5 inland roads, flyovers, 8-lane streets, tunnels, bye pass roads up[ to extreme villages of Owerri;

Rochas Okorocha is cultivating some inter-clan conflicts he may not know how it starts, its extent, and how it can end.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Schematics: 2:14pm On May 17, 2017
IgbosAreGreat:
@abagworo any news about the shell gas plant in ohaji/egbeme axis

It is all fraud, there is nothing to show in Imo state other than backwardness, prostitution, armed robbery, poverty, no infrastructure, no investors. Imo state is practically dead. You don't have to expect anything. Expect the grumpy old frustrated miserable poor man called abagworo to spin more propaganda and repeating of brothels as achievement. cheesy
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by IgbosAreGreat(f): 2:20pm On May 17, 2017
Schematics:

It is all fraud, there is nothing to show in Imo state other than backwardness, prostitution, armed robbery, poverty, no infrastructure, no investors. Imo state is practically dead. You don't have to expect anything. Expect the grumpy old frustrated miserable poor man called abagworo to spin more propaganda and repeating of brothels as achievement. cheesy

i did not ask u

bye
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Schematics: 2:28pm On May 17, 2017
IgbosAreGreat:

i did not ask u

bye

I only came to put it straight. LOL
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ndubueze92(m): 2:41pm On May 17, 2017
ACM10:

grin grin grin grin grin
dis Rochas got talent in comedy
Even the Op is a baby comedian... So this is what a politician of Rochas' caliber should be celebrated for Thank God for the saying that Charity begins at home... Rochas has failed and should not go for presidency... Except we want Nigeria to wallow in the Wilderness of political and economic mediocrity... He could have become very popular if he chosen to be a motivational speaker, than how unpopular he has become now...

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by mandax: 7:02am On May 18, 2017
ndubueze92:
Even the Op is a baby comedian... So this is what a politician of Rochas' caliber should be celebrated for Thank God for the saying that Charity begins at home... Rochas has failed and should not go for presidency... Except we want Nigeria to wallow in the Wilderness of political and economic mediocrity... He could have become very popular if he chosen to be a motivational speaker, than how unpopular he has become now...

Charity does not being at home for a governor Okorocha who has dedicated power as state governor to fight to finish people in his home constituency, fight to finish against areas where he gets the highest number of votes -except his Ogboko community.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ndubueze92(m): 10:07pm On May 18, 2017
mandax:

Charity does not being at home for a governor Okorocha who has dedicated power as state governor to fight to finish people in his home constituency, fight to finish against areas where he gets the highest number of votes -except his Ogboko community.
Rochas failed woefully...

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by OreMI22: 10:24pm On May 18, 2017
Abagworo:

Bitter politics killed Ada palm. It was concessioned to Roche group just like Rison palm of Rivers State but local politicians destroyed the Imo State palms using old workers and community crisis to scare away investors. The same Roche is doing well in Rivers State today.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/agriculture/imo-palm-plantation-grounded-reptiles-take-over-bushy-compound/132087.html

The popular Adapalm Plantation, now renamed Imo Palm Plantation by the present government, is completely grounded, after being abandoned by both the state government and Roche Group -an Irish company managing the establishment.
A visit to the establishment at Ohaji/Egbema and Agwa in Oguta LGA reveals that nothing is happening there any longer.

The compound has been taken over by weeds and grasses, giving rise to the emergence of dangerous reptiles and rodents among other animals.
Daily Trust observed that operations at the milling section of the company as well as the usual daily work routine at the company are no more in existence. Only security men comprising of the Army, Niger Delta Security network set up by Governor Rochas Okorocha and men of the Nigeria Police were sighted guarding the company.

The nine mile square, 4319 hectares of plantation was established in 1962 as Ohaji Farm settlement by the then Premier of Eastern Region Michael I. Okpara, with the planting of the palms trees done by Ukpabi Asika in 1976 while the first civilian governor of Imo State, the late Chief Samuel Onunaka Mbakwe built the mill in 1983.

The plantation was in 2011 leased out to Roche Group and from that time till five months ago when it was grounded, production and the entire operation of the company had been going on amidst crises among the staff, youth as well as the Landlords Association.
Speaking with our correspondent in Owerri, a staff of the plantation, and the Secretary of Agricultural and Allied Employees Union of Nigeria, Imo Palm Plantation, Mr. Opara Simeon, said before the takeover of the plantation by Roche Group, the place was moving at snail speed.

He said that trouble started when the new managers of the company - Roche Group, said they were not going to work with the existing staff and as a result, workers started demanding for payment of severance allowance.

Opara said the situation lingered till 2013 when agitation by workers started over unpaid allowances and salaries. He said that workers are till date being owed 14 months salaries.
He regretted that the managers of the plantation never showed capacity to manage the plantation, adding that it was the reason why they failed to manage the place effectively.

He said that the workers, 80 percent of whom are from Ohaji/Egbema and Agwa in Oguta LGAs, are finding it hard to send their children to schools or even cope with the present economic situation in the country.
The union secretary insisted that the remaining staff in the four villages which has 123 buildings and 200 in the nucleus including churches, would not move out of the place until they are paid their severance benefits and salaries.

He pointed out that the plantation has the capacity of employing 3,000 persons, adding that if the abandoned downstream which is at 75% completion stage was achieved, it can produce soap and other items.
When contacted, the immediate past vice chairman of Landlord Association, Mr. Cyrian Orjiaku, said there was peace when Roche Group first took over the plantation.
He said trouble actually started in the plantation when the former caretaker committee chairman of the Landlord Association, Gideon Mefor, refused to hand over to the elected executive members after an election.

Reacting, the Head Legal Unit of Roche Group Ltd. Mr. Peters Nyitni, said that their initial plans was to buy a palm plantation in Ghana but along the line they changed their mind to purchase Ada Palm plantation, adding that immediately the process was completed, they moved in with all their staff and management team including their expatriates.

He expressed regret that within the period they were operational, they were faced with arrows of crisis from both the landlords and the youths who from time to time disrupt the activities of the company.
He said most of their managers who are foreigners had to leave the state to other plantations in Rivers State and other states in the country because of kidnapping and attacks.

Nyitni said that one of the issues in the lease agreement was payment of severance benefits of workers which ordinarily was not their responsibilities, stressing that they even paid some staff that were severed before the crises that led to abandonment of the place following an order by the labour union in the place.

He said that they had all it takes to turn the place around, adding that it was why the place was effectively booming before trouble started, and if they have continued till date, the place would have become more vibrant.

The former general manager of Palm Plantation, Mr. Don Okwu, said that he was surprised to hear that the plantation was no more functioning.
He stressed that the money to run the plantation without allocation from the government could be sourced from the plantation and regretted that it would be left to go moribund.

He said while he was there, government did not give him money for staff salary for two years but he was able to pay salaries of workers for 30 months.
According to him, in 2006, the mill was producing about 40,000 tons of fresh fruits. He said the plantation could be replicated in other parts of the state if the will is there.

Commenting on the situation, Governor Rochas Okorocha, though without visiting the plantation in the past five years, agreed that staff of the company are still being owed salaries amounting to N27m.
The governor, however, said he had asked the affected workers to do the right thing for them to get paid.

This is truly sad!
How can this happen in a country with so much youth unemployment and something like this is abandoned to reptiles?

This country and her citizens are truly cursed.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Dedetwo(m): 12:02am On May 19, 2017
Okoroawusa is a complete roundabout.

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 10:39am On May 23, 2017
4th Inland road 99% ready.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by GEJman: 10:47am On May 23, 2017
in all fairness, this job looks very shoddy

Abagworo:
4th Inland road 99% ready.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 11:31am On May 23, 2017
GEJman:
in all fairness, this job looks very shoddy

Can anything good come out of GEJ and his men? Of course not.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 11:32am On May 23, 2017
Beautiful artwork at Nwaorieubi roundabout.

(1) (2) (3) ... (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) ... (1019) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.