Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,277 members, 7,811,821 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:21 PM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (434) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2397607 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) ... (1019) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abogwara: 10:54am On Mar 06, 2018
asha80:
what's the name of the school?

Princess Shekinah
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by horsepower101: 11:06am On Mar 06, 2018
Abogwara:
A patriotic Southwesterner just completed this school newly at Ihiagwa in Imo State. That's one of the gains in having a detribalised Government that believes in unity of Nigeria.

please name one south east governor or government official that doesn't believe in the unity of Nigeria?

Also last I checked, igbos invested all over Nigeria and no other group comes even close. I have never seen you call them patriotic. The moment 1 or 2 Yorubas does it in the east, you start sing praises. What about igbos that have been doing the same thing for so many decades.

Your statement is wrong on so many levels.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Incredibleme: 12:37pm On Mar 06, 2018
Abogwara:
A patriotic Southwesterner just completed this school newly at Ihiagwa in Imo State. That's one of the gains in having a detribalised Government that believes in unity of Nigeria.
I bet he is married to someone from the east or has very strong ties with Imo state.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofodirinwa: 12:50pm On Mar 06, 2018
Abagworo has to keep posting this propoganda to keep food on his plate. I know him personally.
Abagworo, my warning stands, I will expose you if you don't stop posting these insults

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ttipsy(f): 5:58pm On Mar 06, 2018
Traffic in owerri. so bad. what is the govt doing?? no traffic lights at strategic intersections to ease it.. watheral/ MCC road is hell.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 7:55pm On Mar 06, 2018
discusant:

Only a sadist would see the site and volume of risk humans are exposed to in Orlu because of flooding and says nobody should highlight them on a forum titled "few pics from Imo state."

Not many would condescend to your level of thinking that in a state, the state government has no business intervening to save lives and property, unless the areas needing the intervention are within the state capital.

Mandax, discussant and whoever from Orlu couldn't have written about the flooding during Ohakim's govt era - a chronic liar can dispute this, but without any proof.

Enjoy your new roundabout.
You are not sincere with your pleas for the completion of the orlu drainage. If you were, you would know the appropriate place to channel your complaint to. But your consistent whining for years now in a wrong platform such as nairaland has killed every bit of sincerity in you. For your information, I'm an Orlu man too and what concerns Orlu concerns me. But you don't see me come out here to always whine and derail the thread. Now, you are crying more than the bereaved and you know that this is the truth! Yes, Orlu needs development to be at par with other developed cities in the east, and yes Orlu drainage system needs to be taken into consideration by Rochas, but don't you think these cries have already been tabled to the Governor?
1) Rochas is an Orlu man and even the drainage in question passes through Ideato road. So if anyone will show much concern about such disaster in waiting then it should be Rochas.
2) Orlu has OPOCA, which is a strong political and cultural group. This group office is domiciled close to the Orlu Diocese where that erosion threatens the church. So shouldn't they be more concerned about the threat it poses?
3) Orlu controls the voting pattern and political stronghold of Imo politics. Orlu has even produced more number of governors than other senatorial zone in the state. So the development of Orlu city should be the outmost concern. Unless we are let to believe that certain godfatheristic elements have substituted the developmental gains accruing to the city to their pockets. Don't be surprised about this? Because there is no way Rochas will insist on abandoning Orlu without those heavyweights speaking up.
So next time you come out to whine, just reread my post again and take your grievances to the appropriate quarters and not here. The purpose of this thread is aimed at showcasing the developmental strides of our dear state. Abagworo for a long time has been the one keeping this thread going. At least he goes around taking pictures and updating Imolites about happenings in our state. This alone brings pride to us as a people that things are really working in Imo and not the lies some crying PDP social media warriors wants us to believe. Through this thread, a lot of nwafors not of Imo state may be push to invest home. So if we have investors coming to our dear state to invest and create jobs for our youths, wouldn't it be a good thing.
Now, if you're a lover of good thing just as me, then you will joins hands and contribute constructively to the advancement of this thread. Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abogwara: 9:08pm On Mar 06, 2018
horsepower101:

please name one south east governor or government official that doesn't believe in the unity of Nigeria?

Also last I checked, igbos invested all over Nigeria and no other group comes even close. I have never seen you call them patriotic. The moment 1 or 2 Yorubas does it in the east, you start sing praises. What about igbos that have been doing the same thing for so many decades.

Your statement is wrong on so many levels.

Unfortunately you judged me before seeking my view. Only Okorocha and Umahi are bold enough to play the nationalist card. The rest are scared of the Ipob media. Many modern non-Igbos are scared to invest in Igboland because of the hostile impression Igbo media gives. Igbos are traditionally very welcoming but because of politics of bitterness, the Igbo media has projected Igbos as rejecting other Nigerians and wanting a Biafra instead. They declare any Igbo nationalist as saboteur and praise any Igbo politician that promotes tribal hate.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abogwara: 9:12pm On Mar 06, 2018
Ttipsy:
Traffic in owerri. so bad. what is the govt doing?? no traffic lights at strategic intersections to ease it.. watheral/ MCC road is hell.

Traffic lights create gridlocks more than solving them. The issue is that Wetheral by MCC and most intersections should be closed and U-turns created at farther distance. Amaechi solved Aba road traffic problem in Port Harcourt by closing most cross junctions.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by deomelllo: 9:40pm On Mar 06, 2018
Abogwara:

Thumbs up....
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by nonsobaba: 10:04pm On Mar 06, 2018
Abogwara:
Stop deceiving yourself. Patriotic southwesterner or okoroawusa's front?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by deomelllo: 10:07pm On Mar 06, 2018
nonsobaba:
Stop deceiving yourself. Patriotic southwesterner or okoroawusa's front?

Typical pained and disgruntled ipob

Front or back, we can see the beautiful infrastructure on the ground in Imo state

Hate kills.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by discusant: 10:28pm On Mar 06, 2018
Chiwude:
You are not sincere with your pleas for the completion of the orlu drainage. If you were, you would know the appropriate place to channel your complaint to. But your consistent whining for years now in a wrong platform such as nairaland has killed every bit of sincerity in you. For your information, I'm an Orlu man too and what concerns Orlu concerns me. But you don't see me come out here to always whine and derail the thread. Now, you are crying more than the bereaved and you know that this is the truth! Yes, Orlu needs development to be at par with other developed cities in the east, and yes Orlu drainage system needs to be taken into consideration by Rochas, but don't you think these cries have already been tabled to the Governor?
1) Rochas is an Orlu man and even the drainage in question passes through Ideato road. So if anyone will show much concern about such disaster in waiting then it should be Rochas.
2) Orlu has OPOCA, which is a strong political and cultural group. This group office is domiciled close to the Orlu Diocese where that erosion threatens the church. So shouldn't they be more concerned about the threat it poses?
3) Orlu controls the voting pattern and political stronghold of Imo politics. Orlu has even produced more number of governors than other senatorial zone in the state. So the development of Orlu city should be the outmost concern. Unless we are let to believe that certain godfatheristic elements have substituted the developmental gains accruing to the city to their pockets. Don't be surprised about this? Because there is no way Rochas will insist on abandoning Orlu without those heavyweights speaking up.
So next time you come out to whine, just reread my post again and take your grievances to the appropriate quarters and not here. The purpose of this thread is aimed at showcasing the developmental strides of our dear state. Abagworo for a long time has been the one keeping this thread going. At least he goes around taking pictures and updating Imolites about happenings in our state. This alone brings pride to us as a people that things are really working in Imo and not the lies some crying PDP social media warriors wants us to believe. Through this thread, a lot of nwafors not of Imo state may be push to invest home. So if we have investors coming to our dear state to invest and create jobs for our youths, wouldn't it be a good thing.
Now, if you're a lover of good thing just as me, then you will joins hands and contribute constructively to arethe advancement of this thread. Thank you.

You are from Umuaka, in Njaba lga, about 21km away from the flood-hit areas in Orlu urban lga, though you come from Orlu senatorial district.

Appropriate quarters? In 2016, Orlu leaders took this Orlu flood issue as well as issue of the many abandoned road works to Gov. Okorocha.
Listen to Okorocha's reply to the leaders: Okorocha replied them that "Orlu people should come to claim Owerri as theirs." No promise to attend to the leaders' requests

FYI, this is a forum to show the good works done in the ENTIRE IMO STATE;
discuss how good or bad the works were done;
and ask for what is left undone in order to get them done.
That's democracy defined.
Okorocha Rescue Family era is about to end, we showcase for incoming govts to see our problems in Orlu.

Any idiot who wants to reduce this forum for discussion of only Okorocha's Owerri is most disgusting.

But to be frank, your claim of any association to Orlu is made dubious with your statement about whining over the uncompleted urban drainage system in Orlu.

For the umpteenth time: many enlightened people from Imo state can't buy the notion many of you, including Okorocha's Rescue Family, have that rest of Imo state must wait until Owerri is developed by government to a Mega City.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by discusant: 10:53pm On Mar 06, 2018
Abogwara:

Igbos are traditionally very welcoming but because of politics of bitterness, the Igbo media has projected Igbos as rejecting other Nigerians and wanting a Biafra instead. They declare any Igbo nationalist as saboteur and praise any Igbo politician that promotes tribal hate.

STOP.

No Igbo media projected Igbos as rejecting other Nigerians.

Majority of Igbos want Biafra to be restored.

That doesn't mean hatred for other Nigerians.

Igbos want a workable nation that can generate prosperity for the masses of the country. Nigeria is not it.

Let Nigeria conduct a vote, as done in developed countries, to let you see that Igbos want Biafra.

You can't trade the desires of majority of the Igbo for your master Okorocha's ambition of becoming Nigeria's future President.

Stop writing nonsense.

7 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abogwara: 11:10pm On Mar 06, 2018
Ofodirinwa:
Abagworo has to keep posting this propoganda to keep food on his plate. I know him personally.
Abagworo, my warning stands, I will expose you if you don't stop posting these insults

I've told you to expose me Abogwara not Abagworo if you really do know me. I'm a self made billionaire. Your exposure will only prove I am doing it for the sake of truth and posterity.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abogwara: 11:13pm On Mar 06, 2018
Oguta lake in its glory.

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abogwara: 11:16pm On Mar 06, 2018
discusant:

STOP.

No Igbo media projected Igbos as rejecting other Nigerians.

Majority of Igbos want Biafra to be restored.

That doesn't mean hatred for other Nigerians.

Igbos want a workable nation that can generate prosperity for the masses of the country. Nigeria is not it.

Let Nigeria conduct a vote, as done in developed countries, to let you see that Igbos want Biafra.

You can't trade the desires of majority of the Igbo for your master Okorocha's ambition of becoming Nigeria's future President.

Stop writing nonsense.

That is your understanding but not mine and others. There's a difference between wanting Biafra and declaring Hausa, Fulani and Yoruba or any Igbo that associates with them as enemy or saboteur.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofodirinwa: 3:45am On Mar 07, 2018
Abogwara:

I've told you to expose me Abogwara not Abagworo if you really do know me. I'm a self made billionaire. Your exposure will only prove I am doing it for the sake of truth and posterity.

is that so lol
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by BeijinDossier: 5:54am On Mar 07, 2018
Ofodirinwa:

is that so lol

Chai..Hehehehehe

Don't be fooled. This guy called abogwara is such a dirty looking short ugly jobless old man. He is a trillionaire on NL but in the real life he is such a miserable poor old man. cheesy

At his old age he is still unmarried and still live with his poor old mother in a single room. His entire life is on NL because Imo state govt through their agents pays him a stipend of about 20k every month, and that's all he lives for. All he does everyday is posting on NL hopelessly.

Luckily we got into PH late last night. Just ask him to come have a lunch with us at any public place of his choice in PH, he will disappear online for few days.cheesy

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Rochas2023: 6:42am On Mar 07, 2018
Abogwara:
Oguta lake in its glory.

This lake needs all round development. It also need to be advertised u know hyped by the agency in charge of it. Many people even in SE do no know that Oguta lake is like this.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 8:44am On Mar 07, 2018
-
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Pjoe238: 8:46am On Mar 07, 2018
I know about the mall, it's located behind world bank area N in a new layout called Okohia layout and it is owned by the Okorochas and not for a Yoruba man, rather its being built by Yoruba engineers.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by NegroArea: 10:00am On Mar 07, 2018
beberebe:

This mall is owned by a yoruba man

It not owned by any yorubaman.. Who dash Yoruba that kind liver... The lead contractor is a Yoruba man.. There are insinuation that the mall is owned by Rochas but fronting it with some lebanese

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 11:03am On Mar 07, 2018
Abogwara:
Oguta lake in its glory.
This place is magnificent. I have been here before for a school picnic in 2007. We spent like two days here. The lake has a massive golf course and a motel (both are now in a comatose condition). From what I observed, the golf course and the motel were built by late Dee Sam Mbakwe who saw lots of potentials in the lake and sought to make it a world class tourist center. It so unfortunate that successive governments didn't see the potentials of this place, except maybe Governor Ikedi Ohakim.
Good job Abagworo. But can you take more pictures of areas of importance. For example, pictures of the confluence point, photos of the mysterious white and brown waters that do not mix, photos of ferries and sea going vessels, photos of fishermen with their nets and as well of women traders on their way to Onitsha on canoe.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abogwara: 12:27pm On Mar 07, 2018
Chiwude:
This place is magnificent. I have been here before for a school picnic in 2007. We spent like two days here. The lake has a massive golf course and a motel (both are now in a comatose condition). From what I observed, the golf course and the motel were built by late Dee Sam Mbakwe who saw lots of potentials in the lake and sought to make it a world class tourist center. It so unfortunate that successive governments didn't see the potentials of this place, except maybe Governor Ikedi Ohakim.
Good job Abagworo. But can you take more pictures of areas of importance. For example, pictures of the confluence point, photos of the mysterious white and brown waters that do not mix, photos of ferries and sea going vessels, photos of fishermen with their nets and as well of women traders on their way to Onitsha on canoe.

Presently a beautiful resort (Crystal Lake Resort) with ongoing beach is being developed by an indigene as a private sector development while on his part Okorocha is building a 15 km dual carriageway from Mgbidi junction through Oguta. Okorocha rebuilt and equipped the lake resort and even built a conference center during his 1st term but just like everything owned by Government it failed. The present approach of allowing private sector key into the potential is working.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by BeijinDossier: 3:14pm On Mar 07, 2018
Abogwara where are you? We are at Spar now beside govt house after meeting with Wike. Come over right now and pick any gift item of your choice. You can come with a personal security to assure you that it is all for love. No excuses. cool

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by BeijinDossier: 3:57pm On Mar 07, 2018
Abogwara we have done with shopping. We are now at the restaurant upstairs. We are patiently eating and waiting for you. We don't mind waiting till 5pm.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by aragonchuks(m): 6:03pm On Mar 07, 2018
Rochas2023:

This lake need all round developed. It also need to be advertised u know hyped by the agency in charge of it. Many people even in SE do no know that Oguta lake is like this.
seeing it for the first time
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by RareDiamonds: 8:23pm On Mar 07, 2018

Gov Okorocha dissolves autonomous communities
Evades meeting with traditional rulers

By Collins Ughalaa

Traditional rulers, particularly the Ezes-elect, were on Thursday stranded at a meeting summoned by Governor Rochas Okorocha at the Imo International Conference Centre, IICC, but abandoned them.

This was as the Governor had in another shocking move dissolved the new autonomous communities he created in the state with the Ezes-elect not collecting their staff of office.

The Governor made the dissolution during a meeting he had with the Ezes-elect of the new autonomous communities at the Imo International Conference Centre. The Ezes-elect were said to have been gathered for the meeting for the purpose of issuing them their staff of office, but they met their shock when the meeting turned out to be their dissolution.
The Governor had warned that anyone found bearing the title of Ezes-elect would be arrested.

The creation of the new autonomous communities numbering about 100 had been a subject of crisis between the Governor and the lawmakers as the latter refused to enact the enabling law for the creation of the new autonomous communities.

The dissolution of the autonomous communities was said to have caused friction in the communities, leading to the meeting summoned by the Governor who did not show up at the meeting.

Some community leaders who spoke to this medium expressed worry over what they described as incessant abandonment of their presence at the venue by the Governor, saying that the Governor had postponed some meetings earlier scheduled without any notice to them.

But the Commissioner for Culture and Traditional Affairs in Imo State, Chief Louis Duru, explained that the Governor had an emergency meeting in Abuja and urged them to bear with him.

He said, “You can go home to your various communities, but the government shall notify you on the new date”.
The Commissioner, however, appealed to them to remain calm, law abiding and hopeful to benefit from the government’s new plans in the creation of more autonomous communities for the development of the rural areas in the State.

He expressed optimism that as soon as the Governor fixes a new date, those communities and their Ezes-elect shall be given their staff of office.

“There are some communities who do not have the required criteria, such as 2,000 leviable adults, church, school, market to be announced as autonomous communities, adding that such communities should not be given any attention in their request for autonomy.

Meanwhile, the Eze-Elect of Obosima Autonomous Community in Ohaji/Egbema LGA of Imo State, Chief Prince John Ngozi Onyeukwu, thanked the Governor for his plans in ensuring that qualified communities who have no traditional ruler are given the most qualified person to rule.

He appealed to the Governor to issue his community’s choice of leader the mantle of leadership. He described himself as the most popular ezeship candidate for the people of Obosima and that he remains the right choice for good leadership.

http://www.oraclenews.ng/gov-okorocha-dissolves-autonomous-communities/
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by RareDiamonds: 8:25pm On Mar 07, 2018
I hope they are not erecting a bridge across Oguta lake. That would be very bad planning.

Abogwara:
Oguta lake in its glory.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abogwara: 2:28pm On Mar 08, 2018
https://www.proshareng.com/news/Transportation/Lagos,-Abuja,-Port-Harcourt,-Owerri-and-/38785

Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Owerri and Kano Airports Served Over 92% of Total Passengers in Q4 2017

• Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Owerri and Kano airports remained the busiest airports through the year of 2017.

• Passengers traveled through Abuja airport largely increased from Q2 (577,386 domestic and 692,207 international) to Q3 (841,401 domestic and 231,414 international) due to the reopening of Abuja airport.

• Kaduna airport recorded higher than usual numbers of domestic traffic in the first two quarters of 2017 (124,996 in Q1 and 129,034 in Q2) since a large proportion of air traffic through Abuja was re-directed to Kaduna after Abuja airport’s closure in March 2017.

• The annual total number of aircraft arrived at or departed from Nigerian airports in 2017 stood at 214,258 which grew marginally by 0.61% from the same quarter in 2016.

• Cargo movement kept declining since the year of 2014. The annual volume of cargo movement in 2017 bottomed at 161,800,520 KG (a decline by 17.07% from the annual figure in 2016).

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by cjrane: 2:50pm On Mar 08, 2018
Abogwara:

Presently a beautiful resort (Crystal Lake Resort) with ongoing beach is being developed by an indigene as a private sector development while on his part Okorocha is building a 15 km dual carriageway from Mgbidi junction through Oguta. Okorocha rebuilt and equipped the lake resort and even built a conference center during his 1st term but just like everything owned by Government it failed. The present approach of allowing private sector key into the potential is working.

Great that the private sector have been allowed to participate in building resorts to maximize the holidays destination of Oguta lake.

In spite of these efforts, the gains will be limited without SMICA receiving international flights. Okorocha that has done more for Buhari than any other politician to enable Buhari win APC nomination and also win required constitutional 2/3 rd majority should ask Buhari to grant him the favor. Afterall, Kaduna airport and Kano airport are combined in receiving international flights. So Enugu Intl airport and SMICA, Owerri can also combine international flights.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by 6pax: 6:20pm On Mar 08, 2018
Abogwara:
https://www.proshareng.com/news/Transportation/Lagos,-Abuja,-Port-Harcourt,-Owerri-and-/38785

Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Owerri and Kano Airports Served Over 92% of Total Passengers in Q4 2017

• Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Owerri and Kano airports remained the busiest airports through the year of 2017.

• Passengers traveled through Abuja airport largely increased from Q2 (577,386 domestic and 692,207 international) to Q3 (841,401 domestic and 231,414 international) due to the reopening of Abuja airport.

• Kaduna airport recorded higher than usual numbers of domestic traffic in the first two quarters of 2017 (124,996 in Q1 and 129,034 in Q2) since a large proportion of air traffic through Abuja was re-directed to Kaduna after Abuja airport’s closure in March 2017.

• The annual total number of aircraft arrived at or departed from Nigerian airports in 2017 stood at 214,258 which grew marginally by 0.61% from the same quarter in 2016.

• Cargo movement kept declining since the year of 2014. The annual volume of cargo movement in 2017 bottomed at 161,800,520 KG (a decline by 17.07% from the annual figure in 2016).

cheesy grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Owerricthe hospitality destination of Africa cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) ... (1019) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.