Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,914 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:06 PM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (491) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2395821 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) ... (1019) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by onuebonyi: 1:15pm On Oct 10, 2018
What is this one yapping? The grumpy old man said that Asha80=Chino. You didn't see that part?

SoNature:

Oga, take several seats. At some point, Chino was sleeping and waking up on this thread. He stopped probably 'cause he has more important things keeping him busy and this thread has been inactive for a long time.

Besides, which state do u come from to tag Imo thread 'useless'? FYI, this thread is informative and is nowhere near
Useless.

What's more? Stop calling people useless because no sane person is. Much as he has his flaws, Abagworo has singlehandedly kept this thread alive. So, he's nowhere near useless either.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by mandax: 11:33pm On Oct 11, 2018
BankeSmalls:
If Rochas and imbe Nwosu loses in 2019, Abagworo will disappear from this thread .

AND That WILL Be THE Beginning Of Imo return to greatness

When Abagworo disappears, as expected, after May 29, 2019, yours truly hereby promise to furnish this thread with photos of new government's development projects all over Imo state, not just photos of China made ten lane streets from Okorocha/Abagworo's capital of Imo state.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by BiafraIShere(m): 1:27pm On Oct 12, 2018
asha80:
apc-uche nwosu

pdp-ihedioha

apga-ararume

smh..imo state is gone
SMH, what finished Imo state please? You also asked how they arrived at Owerri being over 1 million??

You are doing yourself!!
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 3:00pm On Oct 12, 2018
BiafraIShere:

SMH, what finished Imo state please? You also asked how they arrived at Owerri being over 1 million??

You are doing yourself!!
explain what you mean?

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 12:12pm On Oct 14, 2018
http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/2018-10/14/c_137530932.htm

OWERRI, Nigeria, Oct. 13 (Xinhua) -- A leading Chinese green industry enterprise Elion Resources Group on Saturday signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) in Nigeria as part of its exploration of investment opportunities in the country, particularly in desertification control, agriculture and development of new energy resources.

A delegation of the group led by Wang Wenbiao, its president, met and signed the MoU with the government of Imo State in the country's southern region, with the two parties expressing their readiness to unlock and harness the potential of natural gas resources to increase domestic and industrial power supply, raise people's living standard and support sustainable economic growth and diversification.

Imo, with an estimated population of 5 million, is the fifth largest Nigerian state by gross domestic product and one of the states with high reserves of natural gas.

Elion Resources Group, which was founded in 1988 in Kubiqi, one of China's deserts, aims to restore eco-environment and broaden its business to other environmentally-related areas, as well as realize the aim of using 100 percent renewable energy by 2030.

Wang said the investment exploration in Nigeria followed the success of the Forum on China-Africa Cooperation (FOCAC) summit in Beijing last month, in which China proposed green development as part of eight new initiatives to strengthen and broaden cooperation with Africa.

He said Elion Resources Group and the Imo State government was considering forest restoration, clean energy, electricity, and power based on clean energy as likely areas of cooperation within the shortest possible time.

"I think coming to Nigeria will help in boosting the economy, education and poverty alleviation," said Wang, who earlier met President Muhammadu Buhari to discuss the Chinese firm's intention on the sidelines of the Beijing summit of FOCAC.

Speaking on the partnership, Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo said the desire of Elion Resources Group to invest in the state would go a long way to solve its power generation challenges.

"Elion can develop the power sector of our economy. All our problems have been that of power, and gas is power. We have been waiting for this long to see who can move our gas into power so that the economic life of the people can change," Okorocha said.

According to the governor, the investment move will also shore up the economy of Imo State and create employment in a geometric progression.
He said a technical committee has been set up to design a proper framework of cooperation between the two partners within a period of two months after which a commercial agreement will be signed.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by mandax: 7:21pm On Oct 14, 2018
Nearly every income to Imo state government now goes to Abuja APC officials to lobby for Uche Nwosu guber ticket.

Who is talking of Chinese investors coming to Imo state now?

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 7:29pm On Oct 14, 2018
mandax:
Nearly every income to Imo state government now goes to Abuja APC officials to lobby for Uche Nwosu guber ticket.

Do you think Chinese are into propaganda like your Nigerian idiotic politicians? As long as Xinhua news reported it in Chinese language translated to English then it's real and serious unlike AIT, Vanguard or NTA.

http://www.elion.com.cn/en/

https://www.bloomberg.com/profiles/companies/0479008D:CH-elion-resources-group-co-ltd
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by mandax: 9:33pm On Oct 14, 2018
Main business of govt in relation to Industry is provide enabling environment for entrepreneurs to establish industries.

Availability of treated running water enhances research and industrialization. Okorocha govt did not provide a drop of water to Imolites in eight years.

Federal and state roads in Imo state are in sorry state. Okorocha has been in the ruling APC.

Mbakwe built electricity power plant in Amaraku, apart from his costly surface water supply schemes for four zones in then IMO state in 4 years.

Okorocha did not build any power plant in 8 years.

So, Chinese shall provide roads, water, electricity, etc before their industry can thrive in Imo state?

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by mandax: 9:41pm On Oct 14, 2018
Abagworo.

Early this year, you showed Chinese people, led by Uche Nwosu, taking over Owerriebeiri Cardboard factory established by Mbakwe govt. Nothing has changed since then.

Even the Old Owerri road Orlu leading to the factory was scrapped and abandoned by Okorocha govt since 2012.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 10:30pm On Oct 14, 2018
mandax:

hasn't the uche nwosu and uzodinma issue being resolved?

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by mandax: 4:55pm On Oct 15, 2018
asha80:
hasn't the uche nwosu and uzodinma issue being resolved?

Not yet. Imo APC still has two aspirants posing as candidates - Uzodinma and Nwosu - for the next governorship election.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 9:56pm On Oct 17, 2018
Most times downtown cities or city centers do not have the space for vegetation but in Europe and America they clean them up to something decent though absolutely concrete. Okorocha recently demolished added shops and cleared Douglas Road in center of Owerri for urban renewal which I find commendable despite all criticisms it has met. Beyond the usual shenanigans I expect the outcome not to be anything typical Nigerian. He should borrow a leaf from this picture and make sure the entire space between the houses and the road are converted to wide walkway with colourful interlocking.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by BiafraIShere(m): 9:23pm On Oct 18, 2018
Abagworo:
Most times downtown cities or city centers do not have the space for vegetation but in Europe and America they clean them up to something decent though absolutely concrete. Okorocha recently demolished added shops and cleared Douglas Road in center of Owerri for urban renewal which I find commendable despite all criticisms it has met. Beyond the usual shenanigans I expect the outcome not to be anything typical Nigerian. He should borrow a leaf from this picture and make sure the entire space between the houses and the road are converted to wide walkway with colourful interlocking.
Which Douglas are you referring to? Is it the one that has long been abandoned to filth and decay. Even the picture you posted shows how bad the situation is. SMH!
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by mandax: 9:55pm On Oct 18, 2018
Abagworo:

No European or American town planner would contemplate demolition for expansion of inner city roads like Douglas and Wethrel Owerri.

Owelle mere yaa. That was the chorus from Owerri natives as Owelle abandoned rest of Imo state to decay while he built ten lanes streets in Owerri where four lanes would suffice.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Xander85: 11:08pm On Oct 18, 2018
I may have missed it, so can someone tell me what Imo state has gained over and above other states in the south-east by being in the 'ruling party'?

There's always this justification given by the likes of Okorocha and other Igbo politicians in APC that Igbos need to be at the centre so as to ensure we 'collect our own share'!

4 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by sCun: 7:49am On Oct 19, 2018
Xander85:
I may have missed it, so can someone tell me what Imo state has gained over and above other states in the south-east by being in the 'ruling party'?

There's always this justification given by the likes of Okorocha and other Igbo politicians in APC that Igbos need to be at the centre so as to ensure we 'collect our own share'!
It would be nice if you create a thread on this. I remember a lot of noise was made about "aligning with the center" then, shortly after the Presidential election that APC won and prior to the state elections. That factor contributed to Okorocha's victory. I would also like to know what special thing Imolites benefitted from being in the ruling party.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SoNature(m): 9:21am On Oct 19, 2018
Xander85:

The truth is that Nigerian political space is in its infancy and evolving, so we learn every day.

Perhaps that would have been the case for some other scenarios. But I can authoritatively say that it didn’t happen under Rochas/Buhari arrangement.

IMO, Buhari wants the world to perceive him as a just person. But he's just one flippant, corrupt and sanctimonious oldie.

And for Rochas, he's a stooge who begs to be accepted; like a man with no direction. So, nobody should expect a man like that to even tell Buhari to do something for his people as he fears it could cost him his presidential ambition. I gave up on him when he started saying that Igbos don't have the moral grounds to ask for anything from Buhari since we didn't vote for him.

Even Abagworo cannot defend him on this

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by mandax: 3:21pm On Oct 19, 2018
Xander85:

Instead of APC federal govt building anything in Imo state, gov. Okorocha uses funds meant for development of Imo state to build Federal government projects like Prisons and Police Barracks in Owerri.

Humans cluster on dusty, muddy and dilapidated two lane streets in Orlu, without common urban drainage system, humans cluster like that in other towns of Imo state.
Imo state House of Assembly could not have deliberated and approved the use of state funds to build Federal prisons and police barracks by Okorocha.

For wanting to please federal government, but put Imolites in miserable conditions in his search to become Nigeria's president, Rochas Okorocha is a most selfish politician that Igboland ever produced.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 11:07am On Oct 22, 2018
SoNature:

The truth is that Nigerian political space is in its infancy and evolving, so we learn every day.

Perhaps that would have been the case for some other scenarios. But I can authoritatively say that it didn’t happen under Rochas/Buhari arrangement.

IMO, Buhari wants the world to perceive him as a just person. But he's just one flippant, corrupt and sanctimonious oldie.

And for Rochas, he's a stooge who begs to be accepted; like a man with no direction. So, nobody should expect a man like that to even tell Buhari to do something for his people as he fears it could cost him his presidential ambition. I gave up on him when he started saying that Igbos don't have the moral grounds to ask for anything from Buhari since we didn't vote for him.

Even Abagworo cannot defend him on this

OKOROCHA has been under undue attack by a gang up of Igbo political leaders in all political parties simply because they know he's the only one trusted enough by other Nigerians as detribalized and nationally acceptable to become President. All the other stories are made up to justify the gang up but in the end Igbos have little voting strength to influence an all Igbo presidential race in which Okorocha is involved.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 12:53pm On Oct 22, 2018
Abagworo:

OKOROCHA has been under undue attack by a gang up of Igbo political leaders in all political parties simply because they know he's the only one trusted enough by other Nigerians as detribalized and nationally acceptable to become President. All the other stories are made up to justify the gang up but in the end Igbos have little voting strength to influence an all Igbo presidential race in which Okorocha is involved.
smh

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by AKswift: 1:38pm On Oct 22, 2018
Abagworo:

Nigerians don’t need a detribalized individual at this phase. What we need is an effective and well competent leader who understands the economics of solid infrastructural development and real national growth of the 21st century. We are tired of mediocre governance.

4 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SoNature(m): 2:13pm On Oct 22, 2018
AKswift:

Nigerians don’t need a detribalized individual at this phase. What we need is an effective and well competent leader who understands the economics of solid infrastructural development and real national growth of the 21st century. We are tired of mediocre governance.

While I may not entirely agree with Abagworo's submission, I don't think you are right either (looking at the emboldened).

If our leaders are not detribalized, we will continue to have a restive society. Just look at the level of criticism that greeted Buhari's lopsided appointments because he's not a detribalized man.

One thing nobdoy can take away from Rochas is being detribalized. While the idea of a detribalized leader is critical for improved national cohesion, I think Nigeria has scammed the Igbos several times with the hoax.

Coming to Nigeria, I think we need to restructure this country, most especially in the areas of state policing, decentralized electricity generation and resource control.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Amah70: 8:33pm On Oct 22, 2018
The Imo governor who fought a most viscous war against his home senatorial constituency for 7 years, destroyed and stiffed every government development project there, because of his private business interests -

the governor is getting RED CARD from the entire Imo state.

CHARITY BEGINS AT HOME.
It's most foolish of advisers who told gov. Okorocha that without support of his home base, Aboki shall "appoint" Rochas Okorocha in future as president of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by mandax: 10:15pm On Oct 24, 2018
Amah70:
The Imo governor who fought a most viscous war against his home senatorial constituency for 7 years, destroyed and stiffled every government development project there, because of his private business interests -

the governor is getting RED CARD from the entire Imo state.

CHARITY BEGINS AT HOME.
It's most foolish of advisers who told gov. Okorocha that without support of his home base, Aboki shall "appoint" Rochas Okorocha in future as president of Nigeria.

Carcass of Sam Okwaraji Stadium in Orlu dismantled by gov Okorocha in 2012. No replacement till today.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 7:40am On Oct 27, 2018
Chavens:
[s]Nairaland is filled with ingrates that have refused to grow. The more you hate,the more you become unfortunate in life. I wonder when some people will grow. Rochas 1st,Sulivan 2nd,Obiano 3rd.These are good governors. Enugu 1st,Owerri 2nd,Umuahia 3rd.These cities of pride in igboland.Adults behaving like kids[/s].

What is this one saying abeg
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by B2mario(m): 12:28pm On Oct 27, 2018
Juliusmalema:

What is this one saying abeg
His comment is as true as the truth itself. You should stop these rubbish display of falsehood in nairaland. Rochas remain the best governor in SE while Enugu, Owerri and Umuahia still remain the best cities in the SE.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 12:32pm On Oct 27, 2018
B2mario:
His comment is as true as the truth itself. You should stop these rubbish display of falsehood in nairaland. Rochas remain the best governor in SE while Enugu, Owerri and Umuahia still remain the best cities in the SE.

Owerri best. Cities in SE grin grin grin grin grin

If I don't know Owerri over well..I will be forced to agree.

Trash...
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SpaceTour: 12:47pm On Oct 27, 2018
B2mario:
Abia state is dead.

Chai..lol

So when others are talking someone from a completely dead state like ABIA is talking. I spit on you. These are the only cities in the SE.. Abakaliki, Asaba, Enugu, Awka, Onitsha, Owerri. Anything else in Abia state is non existent because it is a dead state. Take note

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SoNature(m): 1:11pm On Oct 27, 2018
B2mario:

Frankly speaking, I don't see the essence of comparing our cities because they have their uniqueness, strength and failings.

I think the focus should be on best and worst governors in the region with emphasis on what they did well and what they should have done differently.

Our today's leaders will certainly kick the bucket someday. And when they do, some of us here will definitely replace them. So, you never can tell, what we learned here could be the driver of our state or regional growth at that time.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Duru1(m): 1:41pm On Oct 27, 2018
Abagworo:

Oguta LGA is very large in landmass about 1/3rd the size of Lagos but Oguta Ameshi is a developed town inside the LGA and there are also other towns. Oguta is a residential town inhabited mostly by natives and is like GRA of most major cities. I will do a video of the streets

I am very much for Oguta but will not buy anything advertised by Abagworo. grin grin. Oguta lake environ is the site being targeted.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Duru1(m): 1:55pm On Oct 27, 2018
Abagworo:

Nigerians and their funny stream of thought. If a Nigerian suddenly detribalizes, he or she becomes nobody.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 5:25pm On Oct 27, 2018
B2mario:
His comment is as true as the truth itself. You should stop these rubbish display of falsehood in nairaland.[b] Rochas remain the best governor in SE [/b]while Enugu, [b]Owerri [/b]and Umuahia still remain the best cities in the SE.
please keep quiet

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) ... (1019) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.