Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,394 members, 7,954,574 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:02 PM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (531) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2490553 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (528) (529) (530) (531) (532) (533) (534) ... (1038) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofuzo: 1:56pm On Apr 25, 2019
Rossikk:

I've never read so much garbage in my life.

Oh, just to mention. ''Third world countries'' are not the opposite of ''civilized countries''.

You can be a ''third world country'', and be more civilized than a developed country.

Civilization is about human interaction. It's not about things.

Clap for yourself for knowing how to spell garbage. The rest of the stuff you wrote there is absolute rubbish.

"Civilization is about human interaction"
Hahahahahahahsha hahahahahahahsha

Those humans who were interacting 200,000 years ago or 40,000 years are more civilized soceities than today is a very bad joke taken too far.

I've seen a lot of dumb people on the vangaurd comment section. But, dumb people are all over the place. My younger brother who just came back to nigeria from Japan after about 30 years, told me told me that by the time the day is over, you would have fought the urge and temptation to wickedly slap somebody with all your strength.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofuzo: 1:57pm On Apr 25, 2019
Ofuzo:

Clap for yourself for knowing how to spell garbage. The rest of the stuff you wrote there is absolute rubbish.

Those humans who were interacting 200,000 years ago or 40,000 years are more civilized soceities than today is a very bad joke taken too far.

I've seen a lot of dumb people on the vangaurd comment section. But, dumb people are all over the place. My younger brother who just came back to nigeria from Japan after about 30 years, told me told me that by the time the day is over, you would have fought the urge and temptation to wickedly slap somebody with all your strength.

Word
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Imo1stson: 2:43pm On Apr 25, 2019
lgboDelta:
Which one is exclusive stores again?! and how sure are you that spa, next and roban stores would soon open in Owerri ? Have the shopping center Rochas built in Okohia layout now functioning or it is idle like his wife All In Mall along Aba road ?

By the way, you are doing a good job updating this thread with lovely pictures of Owerrri and environs. Developments are also picking up in Asaba, Delta State.

Rochas has no shopping mall at Okohia or anywhere in Owerri. L'Arcade is the only Mall at Okohia and I will classify it as Mall based on its size and quality. Roban isn't a standard mall but maybe a store like Market Square or Everyday. Dozens of that is in Owerri.

6 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Imo1stson: 2:50pm On Apr 25, 2019
Ride along 3rd Inland road

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Imo1stson: 2:54pm On Apr 25, 2019
3rd Inland is one of the Inland roads connecting old and new Owerri.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Imo1stson: 2:59pm On Apr 25, 2019
Ride along Wetheral road

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Asshurbanipali: 3:05pm On Apr 25, 2019
Over 95% of the roads in OWERRI are in total mess. Abagworo aka imo1stson has kept his propaganda on with the same 1 or 2 short shabby roads.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SoNature(m): 3:29pm On Apr 25, 2019
Imo1stson:

Rochas has no shopping mall at Okohia or anywhere in Owerri. L'Arcade is the only Mall at Okohia and I will classify it as Mall based on its size and quality. Roban isn't a standard mall but maybe a store like Market Square or Everyday. Dozens of that is in Owerri.

Please notice the difference.

A mall and a store do not mean the same thing.

For instance, Roban, Everyday, etc. are all departmental stores or supermarket owned by the same person or a group.

On the other hand, Owerri Mall, Ikeja City Mall, Polo Park Mall, etc. are malls. So, malls are buildings that house many stores. And these stores belong to many different owners (an upgraded plaza, if u will).

This means that while one person owns a departmental store/supermarket, many different people own the stores in a mall.

No, Shoprite is not a mall; it is a retail chain/store or departmental store. But in Nigeria, Shoprite is always found in a mall, which is the stunningly beautiful structure that houses many stores.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Imo1stson: 3:48pm On Apr 25, 2019
SoNature:

Please notice the difference.

A mall and a store do not mean the same thing.

For instance, Roban, Everyday, etc. are all departmental stores or supermarket owned by the same person or a group.

On the other hand, Owerri Mall, Ikeja City Mall, Polo Park Mall, etc. are malls. So, malls are buildings that house many stores. And these stores belong to many different owners (an upgraded plaza, if u will).

This means that while one person owns a departmental store/supermarket, many different people own the stores in a mall.

No, Shoprite is not a mall; it is a retail chain/store or departmental store. But in Nigeria, Shoprite is always found in a mall, which is the stunningly beautiful structure that houses many stores.

You're right and that's exactly what I meant. L'arcade is a mall not store like Roban and Market Square. I've once thought about Nigerian Store actually being the major brand of a large mall like Shoprite and Spa. Seems "Next" is the only indigenous for now.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by lgboDelta: 3:50pm On Apr 25, 2019
This L'Arcade looks like a shopping center and not a mall even though the building design is beautiful. You would agree with me that there is a big difference between Owerri mall and L'Arcade.

Anyway, it is a welcome development but when would it start functioning.

Imo1stson:

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Imo1stson: 3:56pm On Apr 25, 2019
Ofuzo:

You seem to miss the point he was trying to make. Africans seem to have been made to believe we've achieved nothing after independence but on a closer look we've achieved a lot though still lagging behind.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Imo1stson: 3:57pm On Apr 25, 2019
lgboDelta:
This L'Arcade looks like a shopping center and not a mall even though the building design is beautiful. You would agree with me that there is a big difference between Owerri mall and L'Arcade.

Anyway, it is a welcome development but when would it start functioning.

The difference is just in design same way Port-Harcourt Mall looks different too.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ttipsy(f): 4:10pm On Apr 25, 2019
Asshurbanipali:
Over 95% of the roads in OWERRI are in total mess. Abagworo aka imo1stson has kept his propaganda on with the same 1 or 2 short shabby roads.
I bet you, its a lie, all the pictures u seeing here is real 100%. y not come n see for urself.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Asshurbanipali: 4:17pm On Apr 25, 2019
Shut up clown, i passed through Owerri 2 weeks ago on my way from Anambra to PH. And i decided to move into the inner town a bit, at least 95% of the roads in that town are terribly in a horrible mess, filth overflowing on the streets, you can hardly tell the difference between Owerri and Aba. I was shocked about the dilapidation and mess in that poor town. If you enter world bank estate, that place is worse than Aba sef

I was driving through while taking these pictures, don't be fooled by propaganda.

Ttipsy:
I bet you, its a lie, all the pictures u seeing here is real 100%. y not come n see for urself.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ttipsy(f): 4:25pm On Apr 25, 2019
Asshurbanipali:
Shut up clown, i passed through Owerri 2 weeks ago on my way from Anambra to PH. And i decided to via of into the inner town, at least 95% of the roads that town are terribly in a horrible mess, filthy overflowing on the streets, you can hardly tell the difference between Owerri and Aba. I was shocked about the dilapidation and mess in that poor town. If you enter world bank estate, that place is worse than Aba sef

I was driving through while taking these pictures, don't be fooled by propaganda.

fooled by propaganda, in where i live?? you passed Owerri going to port Harcourt, probably u saw construction sites. owerri roads ain't that bad. stop spreading lies
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 6:00pm On Apr 25, 2019
Pulling out of owerri at this moment
Am still on the road.

U guys should stop lying here.
Owerri has deteriorated beyond repair.
Ihedioha has serious work to do.

It pains that Owerri of yesterday as fine as anything is now a slum, filth everywhere

Every sensible more support ihedioha this moment not this propaganda here.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Imo1stson: 6:28pm On Apr 25, 2019
Freedom Square

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Imo1stson: 9:05pm On Apr 25, 2019
Amakohia market with overfilled silo

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Unbiased1: 10:07am On Apr 26, 2019
Osagyefo98:
Pulling out of owerri at this moment
Am still on the road.

U guys should stop lying here.
Owerri has deteriorated beyond repair.
Ihedioha has serious work to do.

It pains that Owerri of yesterday as fine as anything is now a slum, filth everywhere

Every sensible more support ihedioha this moment not this propaganda here.

You are always driving past Owerri. lol
So now Owerri was fine before but now looks like a slum?
Anybody who takes the person behind this Osagyefo98 moniker seriously is a mumu.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 10:32am On Apr 26, 2019
Unbiased1:

You are always driving past Owerri. lol
So now Owerri was fine before but now looks like a slum?
Anybody who takes the person behind this Osagyefo98 moniker seriously is a mumu.

I have many ties to Imo state.
not only for relaxation but also friends.

visiting there is nothing to me....
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Unbiased1: 10:43am On Apr 26, 2019
Osagyefo98:

I have many ties to Imo state. not only for relaxation but also friends.
visiting there is nothing to me....
mtcheeeew. Trash
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 12:47pm On Apr 26, 2019
Unbiased1:

mtcheeeew. Trash
who cares, is my choice.....so next.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Unbiased1: 4:29pm On Apr 26, 2019
Osagyefo98:

who cares, is my choice.....so next.
Trash
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Imo1stson: 10:12pm On Apr 26, 2019
This is real change. It shows how we are destroying the forest with human activities. Even though I like the change it still has a lot of demerits and something needs to be done to check rapid expansion of our cities and resultant deforestation. Between 2011 and 2019 Owerri city grew by 500% in landmass and if the trend continues it means that by 2027 there will be land crisis in lower half of Imo State. To check this the incoming government must ban indiscriminate building of duplexes and enforce 4 to 8 floor buildings in all parts of Owerri. Other Igbo cities have saved a lot of space by building more of 4 storey buildings but the unprecedented expansion of Owerri is as a result of duplex and bungalows very similar to expansion of Port Harcourt.

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Imo1stson: 12:08am On Apr 27, 2019
Apart from increase in IGR by 117% that saw Imo move from 4th to highest income generator in Southeast in 2018, Imo also moved to 3rd position behind only Lagos and Rivers in job creation. This means the next Governor has a lot of work to do to sustain these gains or we experience recession like Nigeria of 2015.

https://www.thecable.ng/lagos-adds-740146-jobs-12-months-highest-country

A recently released report by the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) has shown that 740,146 jobs were added between July 2017 and June 2018.

According to the Q3 2018 Labor Force Statistics (unemployment & underemployment by state) rep released on Friday, Akwa Ibom reported the highest unemployment rate at 37.7%.

As at December 2018, a total of 20.9 million Nigerians were reported to be unemployed.

“Akwa Ibom state reported the highest unemployment rate (37.7%), followed by Rivers State with (36.4%), Bayelsa state (32.6%), Abia (31.6%) and Borno state (31.4%),” the report read.

“The top 5 states with the highest unemployed population are Rivers (1,673,991), Akwa Ibom (1,357,754), Kano (1,257,130), Lagos (1,088,352) and Kaduna with (940,480).

“Among these 5 states with the highest unemployed population, Lagos state reported the lowest rate of 14.6% during the reference quarter.”

Only nine states were able to reduce unemployment and underemployment rates between the third quarter of 2017 and the corresponding quarter in 2018. These states were listed as Akwa Ibom, Enugu, Imo, Kaduna, Kogi, Lagos, Nasarawa, Ondo and Rivers.

The six states that recorded the highest gains in net full-time employment between Q3 2017 and Q2 2018 include Lagos adding 740,146 net full-time jobs, Rivers (235,438), Imo(197,147), Ondo (142,514), Enugu (122,333) and Kaduna (118,929).

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ScotMisile: 7:08am On Apr 27, 2019
basilol01:
LOL. Abagworo aka Imo1stson, stop deceiving yourself, please where did Imo state create the so called jobs? Is it commercial prostitution? Just mention one company that has come to Imo state since 1999. Please where is the IGR when Imo state has been paying 70% salary for the last 3yrs? Where is the IGR when Imo state has not paid pension for the past 5yrs. Imo state has the least IGR in the SE. Keep up with your propaganda, by May 29th Ihedioha shall expose all the mess in Imo state.
Imo State will soon kill some people with hypertension.... Anambra man dies of heart attack.

(1) (2) (3) ... (528) (529) (530) (531) (532) (533) (534) ... (1038) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: discusant and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.