Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,978 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:26 AM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (655) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2403463 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (652) (653) (654) (655) (656) (657) (658) ... (1019) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by B2mario(m): 8:00pm On Sep 18, 2020
kikake:
But what’s the need of Owerri was capital of this Umuahia was capital of that?

What is important is level of urbanization in every town before and now.

Calabar was the first capital of Nigeria. Not even a foolish Calabar man can now come out to say: because Calabar was capital of Nigeria, therefore Calabar must be made by government to have all development institutions in Nigeria, get all government patronage, while rest of Nigeria waits.
This is the impression our bros from Owerri drop here.
stop insulting people. Why should you use foolish for Calabar man?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by B2mario(m): 8:05pm On Sep 18, 2020
AKswift:
I believe most imolites here have read about the new Administration of Criminal Bill Law signed by your governor. This law is un-democratic, violates some sections of our constitution and human rights, and doesn’t promote an enabling environment for real investment. This is tyrannical and must be repealed!
What bill is that? Post the link here.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 8:08pm On Sep 18, 2020
B2mario:
stop insulting people. Why should you use foolish for Calabar man?

In the contest he used it, he is not wrong.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 8:20pm On Sep 18, 2020
kikake:

Owerri people still cluster together and live in huts in Owerri nch’ise at Owerri central, still cluster in huts like Ikwerre people all over Owerri senatorial zone. It’s Owerri culture.

Orlu people don’t live like that. Orlu people build mansions separated from one another,

Most of the mansions you see in Owerri are owned by Orlu people.

Orlu still remains behind Owerri because of three consecutive governors who told themselves that they have issues with one or two politicians from Orlu, so they extend their aggression to the whole of Orlu, deny Orlu what’s due to it.

I agree with you.

pattern of living is totally different from Owerri and Orlu.

Owerri live in clusters while Orlu lives separated which tilts towards anambra pattern of living maybe because of proximity.

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by oneeast: 12:48am On Sep 19, 2020
Gov Okorocha lays foundation for hotel in Okigwe
Okafor Ofiebor/Port Harcourt

The Imo State Governor, Owelle Rochas Okorocha has reaffirmed his administration’s commitment to develop Okigwe, to bring it out of the of underdevelopment it suffered in the hands of past administration.

He said this at the foundation laying ceremony of the proposed ‘5-star Princess Hotel’ in Okigwe

The Governor said building the hotel was in line with the agenda of the State Government to develop the economy of the State through the tourism.

Owelle Okorocha said tourism industry attracts foreigners and foreign investment, pointing out that days are gone when Okigwe is associated with backwardness and assured the people that the town would witness tremendous infrastructural development
before December, including street lights.

Governor Okorocha said that 40% of the total cost of the project has been paid to the Spanish company that is building the project, and urged the contractor to ensure early completion of the project.

In a statement made available to P.M.NEWS in Port Harcourt,he further said that apart from the hotel, Government has embarked on other developmental projects like road construction and rehabilitation, construction of hospitals, Schools, the Okigwe International Stadium, a Shopping Mall and a Cultural center and to ensure socio-economic development of the zone.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2012/09/28/gov-okorocha-lays-foundation-for-hotel-in-okigwe/amp/

Princess hotel Okigwe 8yrs after okoroawusa flagged it off with so much noise and fanfare. 40% paid? To who? Where's the useless hopeless jobless old man called abagworo to come and enlighten us.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by oneeast3: 1:01am On Sep 19, 2020
Okorocha launches state airline [PHOTOS]
01/24/2017 | ECE-AUTO-GEN | MONJOLA SOTUBO

Imo State Governor, Rochas Okorocha launches Imo Air on January 24, 2017.
The first “Imo Air” flight landed at the Sam Mbakwe Cargo Airport in Owerri on Tuesday, January 24.

Imo state governor,

The airline is currently being operated on the government’s behalf by Dana Air because the state does not have the license to operate a full – blown airline yet.

“This is a happy moment in the State. The aim of going into the Air business is because I want to drive traffic to Imo State as Imo is genuinely becoming the fastest developing City outside Abuja and Lagos,” Okorocha said.

“For this, there is need for more airlines to cushion the effects of high traffic coming to the State. Imo government does not have an operating air license. So we needed to partner with a good and qualified airline operator.

“Hence, the choice of DANA Air because of its proven track record and sincerity of purpose. The Imo Air will be operated by DANA and we have a contract of ten years with them. We have five of this aircraft and the first one has just landed and four other ones will start operation in few weeks time.

“The International Cargo Airport will soon kick-start to supplement the efforts of Imo Air. In our pursuit of making Imo better, Imo International Cargo Airport will soon commence operations. Work is going on smoothly and by April God’s willing the fastest International Cargo Plane will arrive Imo State.

“This, we believe will help drive up commercial activities in the State. Imo is a hub for business and there is no better place to invest now in Nigeria than Imo State as inspite of the recession the State is still flourishing and progressing because of its visionary leadership," he added.

Okorocha also said that Imo Air will offer 10% discount to all Imo indigenes and would employ Imo sons and daughters to make up 30% of its staff.

With all the noise and fanfare then where's imo airline that okoroawusa wasted resources on? Where are the jets? 8yrs down the line, there's obviously nothing to show in terms of development anywhere in Imo state. Ndi Imo eri go unu. Useless old vagabond called abagworo should come and explain further.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by oneeast3: 1:04am On Sep 19, 2020
I can list up to 100 of such failed projects of okoroawusa , ihedioha, Ohakkm and hopeless Uzodimma. Imo state is gone already.

4 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by kikake: 1:58am On Sep 19, 2020
oneeast3:
I can list up to 100 of such failed projects of okoroawusa , ihedioha, Ohakkm and hopeless Uzodimma. Imo state is gone already.

It’s frightening what has been going on in Imo state.
A state governor spent the state’s funds to build development projects. The next governor kills the projects because either the projects are not built in his home area, or the projects are not completed, or not done appropriately.

Imo state is unique in this.

University built with IMSG funds in Ideato is wasting because it’s not built in state capital area.

Owerri-Orlu dualized express road nearly completed by Okorocha government was demoted and destroyed by Ihedioha government to narrow single lane highway.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by oneeast3: 8:18am On Sep 19, 2020
Hopeless frustrated old man, I asked similar questions in Imo thread, go and answer the question. When you do, I will post more for you to answer, because your useless Imo state has more abandoned projects than any other state in Nigeria. So much funds were borrowed and looted in the guise of building projects in Imo state. No wonder imo state is the 8 most indebted state in Nigeria with nothing to show except bad roads and under development.

[s]
Abagworo:

will also face Imo or any other State in due time. What I wrote up there requires an intelligent and reasonable mind to ask such questions.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by kikake: 11:37am On Sep 19, 2020
Juliusmalema:

I agree with you.

pattern of living is totally different from Owerri and Orlu.

Owerri live in clusters while Orlu lives separated which tilts towards anambra pattern of living maybe because of proximity.

It’s not proximity to Anambra.

The culture and traditions of Owerri area are nearly same as Ikwerre in Rivers state.

Owerri has little or no ties with Orlu, except Igbo, Imo state.

That’s why Owerri lobbied and watched, still lobbies and watches, all state and federal institutions that can induce modern development be located in Owerri alone in Imo state; no consideration for Orlu and Okigwe that share Imo state with Owerri.

That’s why a person from Owerri derives joy online in calling parts of their state - Orlu, Okigwe- a bush or village. Can one see any Anambra person joyfully call a part of Anambra state a bush place, call an urban area in Anambra a village? Unlike Imo, Anambra groups share identical cultures.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 1:48pm On Sep 19, 2020
kikake:

It’s not proximity to Anambra.

The culture and traditions of Owerri area are nearly same as Ikwerre in Rivers state.

Owerri has little or no ties with Orlu, except Igbo, Imo state.

That’s why Owerri lobbied and watched, still lobbies and watches, all state and federal institutions that can induce modern development be located in Owerri alone in Imo state; no consideration for Orlu and Okigwe that share Imo state with Owerri.
That’s why a person from Owerri derives joy online in calling parts of their state - Orlu, Okigwe- a bush or village. Can one see any Anambra person joyfully call a part of Anambra state a bush place, call an urban area in Anambra a village? Unlike Imo, Anambra groups share identical cultures.

Did you get my statement at all.

I simply stated that Orlu pattern of housing is same as that of Anambra. Houses are more separated and not in clusters..

I didn't say Anambra to owerri. Get me right
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by kikake: 2:19pm On Sep 19, 2020
Juliusmalema:

Did you get my statement at all.

I simply stated that Orlu pattern of housing is same as that of Anambra. Houses are more separated and not in clusters..

I didn't say Anambra to owerri. Get me right

I got your statement.

Neither did I say “Anambra to Owerri.”
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 2:29pm On Sep 19, 2020
kikake:

I got your statement.
Neither did I say “Anambra to Owerri.”
You said not proximity and no valid reason then jump over to owerri.

Highly confusing anyway.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by B2mario(m): 5:14pm On Sep 19, 2020
oneeast3:

The first “Imo Air” flight landed at the Sam Mbakwe Cargo Airport in Owerri on Tuesday, January 24.

Imo state governor,

The airline is currently being operated on the government’s behalf by Dana Air because the state does not have the license to operate a full – blown airline yet.

“This is a happy moment in the State. The aim of going into the Air business is because I want to drive traffic to Imo State as Imo is genuinely becoming the fastest developing City outside Abuja and Lagos,” Okorocha said.

“For this, there is need for more airlines to cushion the effects of high traffic coming to the State. Imo government does not have an operating air license. So we needed to partner with a good and qualified airline operator.

“Hence, the choice of DANA Air because of its proven track record and sincerity of purpose. The Imo Air will be operated by DANA and we have a contract of ten years with them. We have five of this aircraft and the first one has just landed and four other ones will start operation in few weeks time.

“The International Cargo Airport will soon kick-start to supplement the efforts of Imo Air. In our pursuit of making Imo better, Imo International Cargo Airport will soon commence operations. Work is going on smoothly and by April God’s willing the fastest International Cargo Plane will arrive Imo State.

“This, we believe will help drive up commercial activities in the State. Imo is a hub for business and there is no better place to invest now in Nigeria than Imo State as inspite of the recession the State is still flourishing and progressing because of its visionary leadership," he added.

Okorocha also said that Imo Air will offer 10% discount to all Imo indigenes and would employ Imo sons and daughters to make up 30% of its staff.

With all the noise and fanfare then where's imo airline that okoroawusa wasted resources on? Where are the jets? 8yrs down the line, there's obviously nothing to show in terms of development anywhere in Imo state. Ndi Imo eri go unu. Useless old vagabond called abagworo should come and explain further.

It has been established by law. It is left for private sector to indicate interest and take over.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by oneeast3: 5:16pm On Sep 19, 2020
[s]
B2mario:

It has been established by law. It is left for private sector to indicate interest and take over.
[/s]

Get out this dirty Aba ngwa miscreant. The amount of energy you waste on this thread is enough to push your governor in Abia to do something about your Abia state, which is by the way the worst state in Nigeria.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by B2mario(m): 5:20pm On Sep 19, 2020
kikake:

It’s frightening what has been going on in Imo state.
A state governor spent the state’s funds to build development projects. The next governor kills the projects because either the projects are not built in his home area, or the projects are not completed, or not done appropriately.

Imo state is unique in this.

University built with IMSG funds in Ideato is wasting because it’s not built in state capital area.

Owerri-Orlu dualized express road nearly completed by Okorocha government was demoted and destroyed by Ihedioha government to narrow single lane highway.

Are you sure of the bolded this man?
The only thing I know Ihedioha did was the scrapping of Dee Sam Mbakwe road, the attempted demolition of Akachi tower, the demolition of freedom square water fountain, the removal of the fancy overhead street lights and the closing of the newly established higher institutions.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by oneeast3: 6:42pm On Sep 19, 2020
I still don't know why a useless dirty Aba miscreant like you from a dead state like Abia state should be talking in public.

Abia state is the dirtiest state in Nigeria but you are never worried.

Abia state has the worst roads in Nigeria but you go about pretending that all is ok.

Abia state despite her huge debt is owing workers several months salaries but you are not disturbed.

Abia state is the black sheep of Nigeria but it is not an issue to you. As much as bad Imo state maybe, it is still far better than your dead Abia state, not to even talk about a progressive state as Anambra.

Everywhere in Aba is like sewage pit toilet, i still wonder why you go about from thread to thread to comment, leaving out your shithole Abia state, which is by the way the worst state in Nigeria.

[s]
B2mario:
Guy, Okorocha did not mess any Imo state up, you people should stop spreading falsehood here. don't know why Anambra people criticize Rochas more than even Imo people themselves. Is there any political motivation behind it?No matter the neglect and destruction of things in Imo state by the immediate past administrative, watch the below videos and see the hand of Rochas. Had it been that Rochas ruled Anambra state, today he will be seen and praised like god. Criticize Obiano to speed up his works an of you criticizing other states that 8
[/s]
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SmartPolician: 10:00pm On Sep 19, 2020
oneeast3:

Can you be sensible for once and remove Hope from the list?

A man who has only started his first tenure is tagged a failure?

How can hate make a people lose their senses completely?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 10:51pm On Sep 19, 2020
oneeast3:

Imo state governor,

Chino Imo Air was realized by Okorocha completely at least 2 years before leaving office so it is not same as the question I posed on the Anambra thread. Imo Air was a partnership with Dana and actually did give 10% discount for Imo passengers and also employed Imolites.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by oneeast3: 10:58pm On Sep 19, 2020
Old fool mechionu you are talking nonsense. He realised it where? So where are the airlines for which Imo resources were wasted on? Keep fooling around. Aside the fake Imo airline, there are other 1000 abandoned projects by Okoroawusa alone.

Abagworo:

Chino Imo Air was realized by Okorocha completely at least 2 years before leaving office so it is not same as the question I posed on the Anambra thread. Imo Air was a partnership with Dana and actually did give 10% discount for Imo passengers and also employed Imolites.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Mensamusa: 10:30am On Sep 20, 2020
E don do abegii,
Make Una soji,
Let d sleeping ekwuke dawg to lie down.

Anyhow sha Una doooo,

Make Una enjoy another beuriiful video

Beautiful okigwe to d world

Big Gbosaaa to Ebohmedia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjkppfC9EwM

4 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 7:59pm On Sep 21, 2020
oneeast3:
Old fool mechionu you are talking nonsense. He realised it where? So where are the airlines for which Imo resources were wasted on? Keep fooling around. Aside the fake Imo airline, there are other 1000 abandoned projects by Okoroawusa alone.

Your problem is illiteracy. Only an illiterate will believe the fleets in State Airlines are actually bought with State money in nominal partnership.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by oneeast3: 8:05pm On Sep 21, 2020
Useless hopeless illiterate, show us the aeroplanes that okoroawusa wasted billions of Imo state resources to buy? So some spirits bought aeroplanes for okoroawusa? Keep fooling yourself. Onye ala.

[s]
Abagworo:

Your problem is illiteracy. Only an illiterate will believe the fleets in State Airlines are actually bought with State money in nominal partnership.
[/s]

Imo state under okoroawusa wasted millions of dollars to buy refurbished jets and handed them over to Dana to manage, since Imo state doesn't have the license to operate an airline. Why is that too hard for a block head like you to understand?

The airline is currently being operated on the government’s behalf by Dana Air because the state does not have the license to operate a full– blown airline yet.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pulse.ng/news/local/imo-air-okorocha-launches-state-airline-photos/gzkeykl.amp

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Javierleon(m): 8:17pm On Sep 21, 2020
Please let's xray a better person that will box out this supreme court governor by 2023, the governor is a disappointment

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Coldie(m): 8:42am On Sep 22, 2020
SmartPolician:
Gov Hope Uzodinma tweets about the ongoing Watersmith Nig modular refinery at Ibigwe, Ohaji
When a guy governor has nothing upstairs and nothing to show he begins showcasing private projects that didn't start in his tenure as achievement

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SmartPolician: 9:10am On Sep 22, 2020
Coldie:

When a guy governor has nothing upstairs and nothing to show he begins showcasing private projects that didn't start in his tenure as achievement

Huncle, the company took him to the site to have a first-hand assessment of the multi-million dollar project in his domain..

There's absolutely nothing wrong with him tweeting about it.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Amah70: 9:44pm On Sep 22, 2020
Javierleon:
Please let's xray a better person that will box out this supreme court governor by 2023, the governor is a disappointment

Chief Felix Idiga. Jafac.

4 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Javierleon(m): 3:25am On Sep 24, 2020
Any update on this Cubana chief priest club and the location

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by kikake: 11:59pm On Sep 24, 2020
B2mario & others who write there and here that Eastern Palm University is in Orlu, take note:

Eastern Palm University is in Ideato South LGA, nearly halfway between Okigwe and Orlu, but not in Orlu.

If you you continue to say the untruth that Eastern Palm University is in Orlu, the people of Owerri will always want Eastern Palm University to continue to be idle, and possibly decay, because Owerri tells the half truth that IMSUTH in Orlu which is not a university, is Orlu’s share of IMSU, and therefore, main IMSU must remain in Owerri, despite that Owerri hosts FUTO, AIFCE - a quasi university, PolyNekede, FERCOLAT, and Imopoly nearest Owerri. People of Owerri therefore say that Eastern Palm University can rot. Owerri gave the fight against Okorocha government which made it use style of Private/IMSG on Eastern Palm University. But Okorocha later registered Eastern Palm University as Imo state government university - never Private/Government university.
Adams Oshiomwole did similar thing in Edo state, but today, Edo University built by Oshiomwole is a full Edo state government university.

One section of Imo state believe that everything good in the state must be located in its zone.

Nobody would believe that Hope Uzodinma would position enmity between him and Okorocha in front, therefore, he has said nothing about Eastern Palm University since he came to office as governor.
Okorocha has never contested the recommendations of the Ihedioha government committee to use Eastern Palm University as campus of IMSU. The ball about Eastern Palm University is now at the court of Hope Uzodinma.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by pinkgoodies(m): 3:06am On Sep 25, 2020
Javierleon:
Any update on this Cubana chief priest club and the location

Yes, started the foundation yesterday and is inside De angels in worldbank
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by B2mario(m): 8:43am On Sep 25, 2020
kikake:
B2mario & others who write there and here that Eastern Palm University is in Orlu, take note:

Eastern Palm University is in Ideato South LGA, nearly halfway between Okigwe and Orlu, but not in Orlu.

If you you continue to say the untruth that Eastern Palm University is in Orlu, the people of Owerri will always want Eastern Palm University to continue to be idle, and possibly decay, because Owerri tells the half truth that IMSUTH in Orlu which is not a university, is Orlu’s share of IMSU, and therefore, main IMSU must remain in Owerri, despite that Owerri hosts FUTO, AIFCE - a quasi university, PolyNekede, FERCOLAT, and Imopoly nearest Owerri. People of Owerri therefore say that Eastern Palm University can rot. Owerri gave the fight against Okorocha government which made it use style of Private/IMSG on Eastern Palm University. But Okorocha later registered Eastern Palm University as Imo state government university - never Private/Government university.
Adams Oshiomwole did similar thing in Edo state, but today, Edo University built by Oshiomwole is a full Edo state government university.

One section of Imo state believe that everything good in the state must be located in its zone.

Nobody would believe that Hope Uzodinma would position enmity between him and Okorocha in front, therefore, he has said nothing about Eastern Palm University since he came to office as governor.
Okorocha has never contested the recommendations of the Ihedioha government committee to use Eastern Palm University as campus of IMSU. The ball about Eastern Palm University is now at the court of Hope Uzodinma.

Oga please stop this your madness, which zone is Ideato south? And what is the distance between Ogboko and Orlu city?

Are you not the one always shouting here that Owerri people convinced Rochas to abandon Imo university site in Orlu? You have been lamenting here that Imo state government should make use of the facility in Ogboko as a campus of Imo state University so as to attract more development to Orlu, now you are trying to say that Ogboko and Ideato south is not Orlu. Guy, it's now clear that you are an agent paid to destabilize Imo state government. You speak from the both sides of your mouth.

And on serious note, new universities are cited at outskirts of towns so as to attract development to the area and expand the size of the town. Immediately you leave Orlu and enter Ideato south the first community you will get is Ogboko. And the new University still bear Orlu address.

I'm yet to understand your motive here.

(1) (2) (3) ... (652) (653) (654) (655) (656) (657) (658) ... (1019) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.