Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,806 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:46 AM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (73) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2404733 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (1019) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 12:49pm On Nov 30, 2014
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 12:57pm On Nov 30, 2014
smh

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 4:19pm On Nov 30, 2014
I believe this is Okorochas plan. The yellow line being a triangular chain major roads circling the very densely populated area of the State and the red line representing possibly the small inter-community roads linking the inner areas. With this idea, a mega city comprising the entire area in triangle will emerge making Owerri, Orlu, Nkwerre, Amaigbo, Abaja, Amaraku, Akabo, Orji, Anara etc parts of the mega city.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by millionaireman: 8:14pm On Nov 30, 2014
@Abagworo,

you have big and fine dreams above, but given that a large section of Imolites are used to the idea that govt development infrastructures are a thing for the state capital, we are likely to have the twin cities in Owerri become more congested with population, slums, flyovers and other marks of city congestion.

Gov. Okorocha set out in 2011-2012 to distribute development projects to all parts of the state: he planned standard sports stadiums, tertiary institutions and hotels in Okigwe and Orlu, six new cities in the state, Imo Govt House in every LGA, etc, but HELL WAS IMMEDIATELY LET LOSE by Owerri critics against Okorocha and his administration style.

Okorocha was even dragged to Aso Rock by the same group over word that one out of five universities and Polytechnics in Imo state, which are all located in and nearest Owerri, shall be taken to another town outside Owerri in Imo state.

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by millionaireman: 8:20pm On Nov 30, 2014
@Abagworo,
[b]Remember Owerri critics then like:

Clown-in-Charge At The Douglas House By Prof. Edward Oparaoji http://saharareporters.com/2013/01/19/clown-charge-douglas-house-prof-edward-oparaoji

Let Us 'Rescue' Imo State Subeb First! By Rosemary E. M. http://www.imostateblog.com/2013/02/08/let-us-rescue-imo-state-subeb-first-by-rosemary-e-m/

Obi Nwakanma in Okorocha: My siren is louder than yours. http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/01/okorocha-my-siren-is-louder-than-yours/

....and too many other Owerri critics then; their attacks against Gov. Okorocha went viral on www and on pages of newspapers.

Alas, Okorocha succumbed to the critics; thereafter; most, if not all of the projects billed for outside Owerri were suspended, stopped or cancelled. After this, no body hardly heard from those critics again - till today.

You have big dreams of whole Imo state becoming one large city, but what is to happen is Owerri mega-city with slums around Owerri - unless future governors understand that development in Imo state is not all about only the state capital
[/b]

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 1:41pm On Dec 02, 2014

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Charlesdonald(m): 7:06pm On Dec 02, 2014
Who do you think APC will present as there governorship aspirant in imo state now that it is confirmed that Rochas is going for president
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 8:09pm On Dec 02, 2014
M

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Energito: 8:57pm On Dec 02, 2014
Abagworo:
M
Abagworo nice pictures there but why is it that imo state dont mark roads?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by emmysoftyou: 9:24pm On Dec 02, 2014
i ve a wondering question to ask yu indigene of imo state..
can any1 tell me or list out,how many local govt in imo state had oil?
and is it true it s bigger than akwa ibom own?
i dnt tink ma negga is right,but that s why i need to ask u guys frm imo state .

tanx and i patiently waiting 4 ur response..
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by B2mario(m): 9:26pm On Dec 02, 2014
Abagworo:

Owerri, Orlu, Nkwerre, Anara etc is like one big city without connecting roads. Believe me if Okorocha completes Owerri to Akokwa this 1st tenure and then Completes Owerri to Anara and the Anara to Orlu via Amaigbo, a new city close to the size of Lagos must have been born.

On a side note Owerri seems to be the only City in the Southeast without sand deposits on its road. 2nd may be Umuahia which is also neat but smaller.
Owerri is more beautiful than Umuahia, agreed. But in terms of sand deposits, Umuahia is more free than Owerri
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 6:09am On Dec 03, 2014
Energito:
Abagworo nice pictures there but why is it that imo state dont mark roads?

I think some roads are marked but its not widespread. However the present Government is not into that white and black stripes that characterise Nigerian roads. I also personally dislike it.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 1:53pm On Dec 03, 2014
emmysoftyou:
i ve a wondering question to ask yu indigene of imo state..
can any1 tell me or list out,how many local govt in imo state had oil?
and is it true it s bigger than akwa ibom own?
i dnt tink ma negga is right,but that s why i need to ask u guys frm imo state .

tanx and i patiently waiting 4 ur response..

Imo State has 27 LGAs and only 2 have oil in commercial quantity while newer ones have been discovered in more LGAs, only Oguta and Ohaji/Egbema are producing oil today. The rest are capped. Akwa-Ibom is far richer in oil than Imo State and both cannot be compared. While Akwa-Ibom receives 20billion monthly, Imo receives 4billion.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by emmysoftyou: 6:12pm On Dec 03, 2014
Abagworo:

Imo State has 27 LGAs and only 2 have oil in commercial quantity while newer ones have been discovered in more LGAs, only Oguta and Ohaji/Egbema are producing oil today. The rest are capped. Akwa-Ibom is far richer in oil than Imo State and both cannot be compared. While Akwa-Ibom receives 20billion monthly, Imo receives 4billion.

tanx for your answers towards ma question...
Pls can yu mention the rest of the local gvt that has little oil in imo state..

And again i saw yur beautiful pix yu posted ,is that oguta area or owerri..
?the pix look lovely..
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Charlesdonald(m): 6:34pm On Dec 03, 2014
I can boldly say that imo state has left other eastern state behind......we ar moving forward

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 9:19pm On Dec 03, 2014
Young skaters in Owerri

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 9:27pm On Dec 03, 2014
Inside NV lounge in Owerri. One of the best in Africa.

1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 11:53pm On Dec 03, 2014
This is a 30km road that runs through the Igbo densely populated rural areas between Orlu township and Akokwa. The road was an accident prone area and located in one of the areas with worst cases of erosion threat in the world.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 12:06am On Dec 04, 2014
This is that same road today now with drainages, dualised and with streetlights. It has surpassed 80% completion. That is what I believe is good leadership. There was no Julius Berger but direct labour has been used to accomplish this fit. In the near future, Imo engineers will perfect as errors noticed at this stage will be corrected until a Nigerian Julius Berger emerges.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 12:13am On Dec 04, 2014
Abagworo:
This is that same road today now with drainages, dualised and with streetlights. It has surpassed 80% completion. That is what I believe is good leadership. There was no Julius Berger but direct labour has been used to accomplish this fit. In the near future, Imo engineers will perfect as errors noticed at this stage will be corrected until a Nigerian Julius Berger emerges.
Good job Abagworo.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ROYALD(m): 5:10am On Dec 04, 2014
Imo

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ROYALD(m): 5:11am On Dec 04, 2014
more

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 9:46am On Dec 05, 2014
ROYALD:
more

These pictures are old.

The cleanliness and beautification competition among the 637
communities in Imo State has today, (Thursday December 4, 2014)
been flagged off in Owerri. Speaking at the occasion, the State
Governor, Owelle Rochas Okorocha who was represented by his
Chief of Staff, Sir Jude Ejiogu, said the programme as put together
by the Imo State Orientation Agency (ISOA) would revive the age
long culture of village and community sanitation exercise as well
as reawaken the consciousness of keeping a clean and healthy
environment in the rural communities.
Governor regretted that some of the core traditional values in Igbo
land are fast fading off and appeal to traditional leaders, women
organizations and other stakeholders in the communities to
mobilize the youths to actively take part in keeping and
maintaining clean and healthy environments.
He pointed that achieving the ‘Imo My Pride ‘ project requires the
collaboration of all and called on the citizenry to join hands with
the state government to make Imo the cleanest State in the
country.
Owelle Okorocha further noted that regular environmental
sanitation would help check erosion as well as keep diseases at
bay. He therefore announced that government will award prices to
communities adjudged the cleanest in the State.
http://www.imostateblog.com/2014/12/04/community-news-o
korocha-flags-off-imo-my-pride-cleanliness-and-beautification-
competition/

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by oneeast: 2:44pm On Dec 05, 2014
There is nothing to show in terms of real development even after Okorosha borrowed and wasted over 200billion. Imo thread is replete with the same old pictures from page one because there is nothing to show. There is no growth in the state. That was why nobody bothers to discuss anything here.

[b]
The Revenue Mobilization and Fiscal Allocation Commission [RMFAC] earlier this month raised alarm on the debt burden of some states in the Federation. The National Assembly has also raised the same alarm.
The Imo State Government has severally said that she has no loans taken since the inception if this administration. But during the budget presentation, for the 2013 budget, it became clear that Imo State government is heavily indebted.
The budget reveals that twenty two (22) billion naira loan was obtained by this administration in 2011, and sixty one (61) billion naira obtained in 2012. The government further seeks the approval of eighty one (81) billion naira loan for the coming 2013. These figures do not include the forty five (45) Billion naira loan obtained from Zenith Bank using the Local Government Area Allocations, as collateral.
If the State House of Assembly approves the budget, with the requested 81 billion naira loan for 2013, Imo would have taken a total of 211 Billion Naira loan in 2years of Rescue Mission administration.[/b]

This is a serious problem because it amounts to mortgaging the future of Imo Youths. When you add the allocation received by the administration during this period, you will start to wonder what Imo have to show for these enormous amounts of money.
We must all be cognizant of the fact that our primary source of income in Imo State Government still remains the revenue allocation from the Federation. As a matter of fact, Revenue allocation to Imo State contributes over 98% of Imo State’s income.
Revenue allocation on the other hand is totally dependent on the volatile world oil market. With new oil discoveries every day in other parts of the world, and the decision by the United States to exploit her oil reserves, the price of oil may eventually be on a permanent downward trend. What this means to Imo State is, may be, we may have put our state in a situation that she may not be able to get out from. To compound the problem, none of these monies had been used in income yielding projects and assets.

If there are no substantial increases in the allocation to Imo State, Imo may be unable to service these loans, while paying the salaries of its work force. Already we are bow experiencing the early stages of serious financial hardships. Employees of Imo State University Teaching Hospital claim that the last salary they received was the salary for the month of September. It is now almost the end of December, and most of the employees of the teaching hospital have yet to receive October salaries.
Furthermore, retired primary school teachers in the state are also claiming to have only received January and February pension checks. How do you expect a pensioner to survive without his or her pension check for almost 10 months of the year? The right to pension is a vested right and should not be tampered with.

As a well meaning Imo citizen, I appeal to the members of the House of Assembly to take a very serious and look close at the budget before passing it. An additional penny loan to the state’s debt profile may spell doom for Imo State and her people. A state that has less than 130 billion naira total income annually cannot survive with over 200 billion naira debt. Passing the budget with the inclusion of 81 billion naira loan approval to the executive will amount to giving the executive the choice of either servicing the loan and keep Imo State from defaulting or being able to pay salaries of employees. Knowing our governments, past experience tells me that the choice may be retrenchment.
Imo must be better, but Imo can only be better of we do not spend the future of our children today.
Imo can only remain better, if she is returned back to the hands of God.

- See more at: http://www.imostateblog.com/2012/12/16/mortgaging-the-future-of-imo-children-dr-kelechi-okpalake/#sthash.6XRK9ZBn.dpuf

4 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by NPComplete: 3:36pm On Dec 05, 2014
oneeast:
There is nothing to show in terms of real development even after Okorosha borrowed and wasted over 200billion. Imo thread is replete with the same old pictures from page one because there is nothing to show. There is no growth in the state. That was why nobody bothers to discuss anything here.

Fool. So u can criticize. But if this was an anambra thread now u will be frothing in the mouth and throwing tantrums like a child because some one else criticized some part of anambra. Immature halfwit.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by oneeast: 3:39pm On Dec 05, 2014
Who is this?

NPComplete:

Fool. So u can criticize. But if this was an anambra thread now u will be frothing in the mouth and throwing tantrums like a child because some one else criticized some part of anambra. Immature halfwit.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by B2mario(m): 7:40pm On Dec 05, 2014
oneeast:

Enyi go and rest nobody is interested in this your cooked stories. Rochas did not borrow any money and he's the best gov in the whole of SE, go to Imo state and get the 1st class information. Stop envy, it leads nowhere but to destruction. Lets learn how to appreciate good things, by the way your state is not better.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Agukagu(m): 3:40am On Dec 06, 2014
NPComplete:

You can make your point without being abusive. Leave cursing alone for ofe nmanu people whose character it is to garnish their sentences with curses.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Dc900: 4:55pm On Dec 07, 2014
Owerre is dirty littered with bad roads and shabby looking houses.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 5:28pm On Dec 07, 2014
Dc900:
Owerre is dirty littered with bad roads and shabby looking houses.

Chino delete these old pictures for your own good.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by oneeast: 5:32pm On Dec 07, 2014
Though I am not the one that posted it but if I were the one I will never delete them. The pix in itself is a very recent pix so stop whining and seek for good governance in your state. You were warned to stay away from our thread. I am ever ready to tear this thread to pieces since it is trouble that you want. I am ready for you..bring it on. cheesy

Abagworo:

Chino delete these old pictures for your own good.

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (1019) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.