Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,750 members, 7,820,587 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:41 PM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (751) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2406130 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (748) (749) (750) (751) (752) (753) (754) ... (1019) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 11:59am On Apr 20, 2021
Abagworo:

Those are institutions . What I want Uzodinma to do that I believe will boost tourism is to build a very beautiful African themed garden park at the Akachi tower and also repair it for visitors to climb and enjoy city view like they used to in the past. That Freedom waterfalls at Warehouse should be completely replaced with a recreational center comprising swimming pool and local Igbo huts. Those 2 alone will attract a lot of people to Owerri especially foreigners who will appreciate a modern display of our traditional architecture. It will compliment the siting of Mbari restaurant in same vicinity.

Many people are misguided about development and economy. To such illiterates building of factories is the only industry they know whereas tourism is a bigger deal and yet leaves your environment free from industrial pollution.

Freedom falls should be repaired, then the water front should recovered and sold to private sector for redevelopment like hotels, malls, condominiums apartments etc. Any recreation center should be situated at Akachi road.
I pray that when the prisons and police formations are relocated to Avu that area should be strictly reserved for a mini CBD redevelopment.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by NigeriaIsZOO: 12:02pm On Apr 20, 2021
asha80:
when you say everywhere I am sure you mean nigeria especially from the egs you gave because in most Western countries we like to emulate of even China it isn't the same ..nigeria is dysfunctional...why is rivers state saying that oil companies headquarters should come back to ph like it used to be in 70s ? Please the headquarters or corporate offices of those companies springing up in ohaji and oguta should be situated in that axis and not come to owerri to compound the congestion..if we are reasoning the spending ability of the guys working there to spend in owerri then a well dualized road from wherever the corporate office is going to be located there to join owerri ph expressway should suffice

Having both the operational facility and corporate office in the same place will offer little or no added incentive either to the company or the community but building it in Owerri help make all the difference.

Rivers State is asking that oil companies be returned to P.H city and not to the rural communities where the oil is being drilled. Asking that oil companies corporate offices be returned to P.H is same as asking for them to be built in Owerri.

If we are to follow your point, then oil companies shouldn't be returned to P.H but to places like Omoku, Afam, Ogoni and the rest. Would that make a lot of sense?

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofodirinwa: 12:41pm On Apr 20, 2021
Here's Las Vegas demolishing any hotel or tourist site that becomes remotely obsolete.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3tQkiXpDXE

it's a part of progress. Imolites are not happy with Freedom park and it's ugly and cultureless. I don't think enough ppl know what tourism is to start saying tourism as a reason to have that thing up lol. Why will I buy a plane ticket to see that nonsense when I can go to egypt and see the pyramids or China and see the great wall. Even the statues in Benin are several times more cultured, artful, tasteful and sane.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Incredibleme: 6:22pm On Apr 20, 2021
sanctity454:

I just pray they consider having an office in owerri
Their head office is situated in Lagos
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 6:27pm On Apr 20, 2021
Incredibleme:
Their head office is situated in Lagos

Yea I know but a corporate branch office won't be a bad idea for their massive investment in Imo state
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 8:53pm On Apr 20, 2021
Ofodirinwa:
Here's Las Vegas demolishing any hotel or tourist site that becomes remotely obsolete.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3tQkiXpDXE

it's a part of progress. Imolites are not happy with Freedom park and it's ugly and cultureless. I don't think enough ppl know what tourism is to start saying tourism as a reason to have that thing up lol. Why will I buy a plane ticket to see that nonsense when I can go to egypt and see the pyramids or China and see the great wall. Even the statues in Benin are several times more cultured, artful, tasteful and sane.

Freedom Park had no reason to be demolished but since it has been demolished I only suggested African themed park as a replacement and since Mbari Kitchen just beside it is African themed then they could be merged. If things were left the way Okorocha left them I would have suggested a brand new Igbo culture based park at Obinze or Mgbirichi.

The bolded is a big lie going by its reception by Imolites and hundreds of thousands of pictures of happy and appreciative people you can see everywhere online. The reason it was demolished albeit covertly is to fight Okorocha's popularity and nothing more. Imo politics is childish and stupid I must say.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofodirinwa: 9:18pm On Apr 20, 2021
Abagworo:

Freedom Park had no reason to be demolished but since it has been demolished I only suggested African themed park as a replacement and since Mbari Kitchen just beside it is African themed then they could be merged. If things were left the way Okorocha left them I would have suggested a brand new Igbo culture based park at Obinze or Mgbirichi.

The bolded is a big lie going by its reception by Imolites and hundreds of thousands of pictures of happy and appreciative people you can see everywhere online. The reason it was demolished albeit covertly is to fight Okorocha's popularity and nothing more. Imo politics is childish and stupid I must say.

These are good ideas. My issue with Hero park is credibility matters, and once you start putting up statues without meaning or credibility to becomes a joke. For a month Imo state was a joke in every south african home and beyond, as well as in Nigeria and once you taint that concept of crediblity, you're just wasting land at that point. I think the intention to have a park that honors great people is good, and what you're proposing is good as well.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Amah70: 7:22am On Apr 21, 2021
rtdCivilservant:

Are u not tired of repeating same thing over and over and over? By now, one would have expected that u should have started building some infrastructures in Orlu so that others will follow.

But repeating the same thing all over again all the time about Owerri and Owerri and Owerri on what can be done to make Owerri develop and become more - that’s what you and others with little IQ do here on a thread meant for development process of a whole Imo state.

Tired? Not until you and people of your sort develop more sense to understand that you are encouraging government and other developers to continue to pile up population in one or two Owerri LGAs of a state with 27 LGAs.

With your too many monikers, you lead the bunch of retarrds like you here in repeating the same thing all over again about Owerri.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 3:41pm On Apr 21, 2021
Ofodirinwa:

These are good ideas. My issue with Hero park is credibility matters, and once you start putting up statues without meaning or credibility to becomes a joke. For a month Imo state was a joke in every south african home and beyond, as well as in Nigeria and once you taint that concept of crediblity, you're just wasting land at that point. I think the intention to have a park that honors great people is good, and what you're proposing is good as well.

There is nothing wrong with the statues cause they represent African history to be appreciated by future generations. The Imo Hall of fame, Children's park, Heroes Apartments and Hero Square are all a beautiful combination of a solid park and well conceived. It only becomes an issue when you hate the person that actualized it not because it isn't a good idea.

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 3:43pm On Apr 21, 2021
Beautiful drone view of Civic Center estate and Jacob Zuma road. This guy is doing well but his camera needs a little adjustment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hMQDzqxTss

4 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofodirinwa: 4:00pm On Apr 21, 2021
Abagworo:

There is nothing wrong with the statues cause they represent African history to be appreciated by future generations. The Imo Hall of fame, Children's park, Heroes Apartments and Hero Square are all a beautiful combination of a solid park and well conceived. It only becomes an issue when you hate the person that actualized it not because it isn't a good idea.

Jacob Zuma is not african history. It's silly. The entire world laughed. People that had never heard of an imo state have heard that we have ignorant statues.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 6:59pm On Apr 21, 2021
� TOP NEWS

Governor Hope Uzodinma Has Ordered The Relocation Of Nigerian Prison Headquarter In Owerri Near Imo Government House To The New One Built By Then Imo Governor Rochas Okorocha At Avu In Same Owerri Imo State .

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 7:11pm On Apr 21, 2021
It remains police HQ, it should also be relocated, and land freed for mini CBD redevelopment, with Rockview hotel as a signature

4 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SmartPolician: 8:05pm On Apr 21, 2021
sanctity454:
It remains police HQ, it should also be relocated, and land freed for mini CBD redevelopment, with Rockview hotel as a signature

Because Hope is beefing Rochas, he had to wait for unknown gunmen to attack the Imo Police HQ before he thought of putting this facility into use. That man is just hopeless!

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 8:10pm On Apr 21, 2021
SmartPolician:

Because Hope is beefing Rochas, he had to wait for unknown gunmen to attack the Imo Police HQ before he thought of putting this facility into use. That man is just hopeless!

Please don't call him hopeless, because you're indirectly causing imo state, we should persuade him to see reasons to do the right thing, am happy he hasn't gone on a demolition spree.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 8:28pm On Apr 21, 2021
Ofodirinwa:

Jacob Zuma is not african history. It's silly. The entire world laughed. People that had never heard of an imo state have heard that we have ignorant statues.

Maybe you are not aware Jacob Zuma is a great hero of anti-Apartheid struggle that had a tragic corruption end as President. Go and read about him and others there like Akanu Ibiam, Sam Mbakwe, Martin Luther King, Akufo Addo, Ojukwu, Azikiwe etc. Every man has his down side but should be appreciated for his good.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Idiko1: 8:30pm On Apr 21, 2021
NigeriaIsZOO:

Having both the operational facility and corporate office in the same place will offer little or no added incentive either to the company or the community but building it in Owerri help make all the difference.

Rivers State is asking that oil companies be returned to P.H city and not to the rural communities where the oil is being drilled. Asking that oil companies corporate offices be returned to P.H is same as asking for them to be built in Owerri.

If we are to follow your point, then oil companies shouldn't be returned to P.H but to places like Omoku, Afam, Ogoni and the rest. Would that make a lot of sense?

Most Nigerians are dumb. When the Oil Companies headquarter was removed from Owerri to Port Harcourt immediately after the war, Rivers State did not see any evil in doing so. My grandfather said if you see a chicken scattering human excretion with its legs, chase the chicken away because you do not know who will end up with chicken's legs.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofodirinwa: 9:45pm On Apr 21, 2021
Abagworo:

Maybe you are not aware Jacob Zuma is a great hero of anti-Apartheid struggle that had a tragic corruption end as President. Go and read about him and others there like Akanu Ibiam, Sam Mbakwe, Martin Luther King, Akufo Addo, Ojukwu, Azikiwe etc. Every man has his down side but should be appreciated for his good.

that's why the impeached him? nna, it's well.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 10:42pm On Apr 21, 2021
Abagworo:

Coincidentally same guy Wowneche has done a video coverage of the Heroes Square. I'm yet to watch it but decided to paste it here for the sake of what I wrote earlier. Imagine if Freedom Square remained the same with Bongo Square, Conference center, Freedom arena and Freedom falls or Akachi is fully developed to a water park and garden. These things are good and shouldn't be demolished or condemned because Okorocha built them and you don't like him as a person.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRE6NDUrd3c
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Amah70: 4:24am On Apr 22, 2021
Hundreds of Imo pensioners and civil servants owed pensions and salaries by Rochas Okorocha government met their untimely deaths due to frustration, as Okorocha joined APC and started to use the allocations meant for development of the 27 LGAs to build federal prison, police headquarters, statues, squares, etc in Owerri state capital. His presidential ambition made him believe that by concentrating on urban development and expansion of Owerri with building edifices in the town, more people shall take him as a good presidential material.

He abandoned the urban renewal process he started in Orlu and Okigwe. More people must have died of lung disease from breathing dust on the urban roads he scrapped and abandoned in Orlu and other places in the state. Floods wrecked many parts of Orlu because Okorocha refused to complete common urban drainage gutter.
Rochas created and left this ugly legacy of urban development in a state is an affair of only state capital.
Anyone painting Okorocha as a good governor and developer of a state is mischievous and most pristine.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SmartPolician: 4:31am On Apr 22, 2021
Abagworo:

Please stop this argument because it's not worth it. Zuma's statue has no business being at Hero's Square. Rochas moulded him because he signed some contract with Rochas foundation at the time, not because of his achievement.

How can a reasonable governor consider a man, who was forced to step down and tried for corruption, a hero? Stop defending Rochas blindly, please.

Besides, aside from the black South African police, almost all the black South Africans fought against apartheid. Even Nigerian leaders did their bit. So, being an anti-apartheid hero is not enough.

The question should be what he did with leadership position when he was given the opportunity. If you say the Whites were oppressing your people, you should provide better leadership, not get yourself involved in corruption.

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Amah70: 4:47am On Apr 22, 2021
With a few roads connecting his Ogboko to Nkwerre-Orlu-Orsu-Oru areas, and possibly public water supply system in the area with the university he wanted to claim named a government university, Okorocha government would have realized the largest modern city in Imo state.
But shortsightedness would not allow Rochas then.

Hope Uzodinma government has rightly retrieved the university in Ogboko. Uzodinma may shame Rochas Okorocha, realize one or two other modem cities in Imo state.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Yampotatocarrot(m): 7:20am On Apr 22, 2021
sanctity454:

I think owerri city should add recreation parks like pleasure park to the city, water park, and museum etc
A new CBD area with minimum height of 7 floors with be icing on the cake

It'll be better if it's privately owned or better still a PPP initiative, else it'll just end up like some of the "once beautiful gardens and underbridges" in Lagos.

I feel more should be done to open up the Oguta lake community. Government can allow individuals organize tours in Imo state during festive seasons with tour buses (the open roof buses). Rochas did something of that nature, I don't know where the buses are now

If you visit places like Soweto, they have such buses which take tourists to various recreational centres in the state at a fee...it's like an all day package

As for Museum, I once saw Sir Uwaifo's museum then, I think in the street besjde ICC, don't know if it's completed and functional now

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Yampotatocarrot(m): 7:25am On Apr 22, 2021
jamjo:

as such needs a lot of attractions things to visit when in the city that was Rochas vision just that he makes a caricature of his visions by being a substandard governor. Another thing I will suggest for Uzodinma to do with a matter of urgency build a world-class recreational park with the empty land where the Akachi is situated Owerri need it with all the hotels and nowhere to visit will make the city boring.

You're correct, brother. But I thought the land around Akachi is being used by the military for some of their trainings?

I'll personally want the road leading to Nekede zoo to be constructed. That is a zoo that even has a well fed lion and lioness as at the last time I went there... That area needs to be more developed and incorporated into the Imo state tourism/tour package

The hotels in Imo can have a flier of such places so that visitors can choose which ones they'll like to visit and make necessary arrangements

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 7:45am On Apr 22, 2021
SmartPolician:

Please stop this argument because it's not worth it. Zuma's statue has no business being at Hero's Square. Rochas moulded him because he signed some contract with Rochas foundation at the time, not because of his achievement.

How can a reasonable governor consider a man, who was forced to step down and tried for corruption, a hero? Stop defending Rochas blindly, please.

Besides, aside from the black South African police, almost all the black South Africans fought against apartheid. Even Nigerian leaders did their bit. So, being an anti-apartheid hero is not enough.

The question should be what he did with leadership position when he was given the opportunity. If you say the Whites were oppressing your people, you should provide better leadership, not get yourself involved in corruption.

The question is how many statues are there? What do they represent? Is the idea of the park good? Do we need more parks? Let's always sweep personal hate aside and support what is good for our development. Imo State money is in South Africa courtesy Ohakim's hotel so if South African money is brought to Imo State that's a good thing. Dubai is full of Nigerian money courtesy same people but you will never understand. Why you hate Okorocha is because he brought and encouraged people to invest in Imo State which you find abnormal. Assuming he carried Imo State money to South Africa you would be happy that he is like others.

I expect Uzodinma to change his style of carrying Imo money to Lagos and Abuja at least now that he us Governor. Let him bring his friends and family to Imo and invest heavily. At least he has links in Equatorial Guinea so moulding their President to help build another Eastern Palm University and Uzodinma foundation College won't be a bad idea.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 12:05pm On Apr 22, 2021
Abagworo:

The question is how many statues are there? What do they represent? Is the idea of the park good? Do we need more parks? Let's always sweep personal hate aside and support what is good for our development. Imo State money is in South Africa courtesy Ohakim's hotel so if South African money is brought to Imo State that's a good thing. Dubai is full of Nigerian money courtesy same people but you will never understand. Why you hate Okorocha is because he brought and encouraged people to invest in Imo State which you find abnormal. Assuming he carried Imo State money to South Africa you would be happy that he is like others.

I expect Uzodinma to change his style of carrying Imo money to Lagos and Abuja at least now that he us Governor. Let him bring his friends and family to Imo and invest heavily. At least he has links in Equatorial Guinea so moulding their President to help build another Eastern Palm University and Uzodinma foundation College won't be a bad idea.
you have a very funny mindset with your last paragraph

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 3:53pm On Apr 22, 2021
asha80:
you have a very funny mindset with your last paragraph

Nothing funny there. Anything to cajole political looters into dumping their money in your State is allowed.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 4:00pm On Apr 22, 2021
Abagworo:

Nothing funny there. Anything to cajole political looters into dumping their money in your State is allowed.

Dubai that's attracts huge investments from criminals, drug barons and does investments are not questioned or rejected.
Anything that will bring employment opportunities is welcomed and improve standard of living is welcomed.
Heck some Countries even offer citizenship to individuals whom are ready to invest certain amount of money in their country.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 8:30pm On Apr 22, 2021
sanctity454:

Dubai that's attracts huge investments from criminals, drug barons and does investments are not questioned or rejected.
Anything that will bring employment opportunities is welcomed and improve standard of living is welcomed.
Heck some Countries even offer citizenship to individuals whom are ready to invest certain amount of money in their country.

You geti di pointi nau. Even advanced countries provide safe haven for dumping of looted funds in their countries by African politicians. It contributes so much to their economies.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 9:00pm On Apr 22, 2021
Beautiful Owerri

6 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 9:06pm On Apr 22, 2021
Random pics from priceless store Okigwe road

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (748) (749) (750) (751) (752) (753) (754) ... (1019) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.