Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,462 members, 7,864,931 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 09:41 AM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (763) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2436160 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (760) (761) (762) (763) (764) (765) (766) ... (1023) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 9:54pm On May 21, 2021
Nigercity:
Anyone close to hope uzodinma
Should kindly tell him
To build 2 or 3, 9 to11 story building
In strageically places like new owerri (pH road)
Or that assumpta cathedral side
To give the city a beautiful outlook
And also by so doing
Introducing high-rise
Which I know
Our people will equally follow suit in building theres

I support 100%, though I will love to be a PPP arrangement

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 10:29am On May 22, 2021
Yampotatocarrot:

I love your analysis, Sir. Surprisingly, I was gonna ask you some questions until I got to the end of your write-up, and found out you had already asked... Very funny

I believe we can settle the one about renting out... Someone did something similar in the properties section of Nairaland, though his was a 4/5 storey mini flats he wanted to sell in units, unfortunately, by the time he was rounding up, someone stepped up and bought everything. From that thread, I discovered its actually possible to build such and still.give it out at reasonable and profitable rates.

However, for 10-15 storeys, electricity becomes the MAJOR challenge, cos I'll expect such building to make use of an elevator among other things
As for electricity, One no longer needs approval from NERC to build power plants of not more than 1 MW,and you don't need to connect it to the national grid .That's enough to power up a few highrises.
To beat the system, a state government can build up to 5 of them independently to power up choice areas of the State. That's what Lagos, Abuja and ogun are doing.
Since we can't expect the state government to build a single power plant of 200m dollars and at the end connect it to the national grid, we can build 1 mw power plants with and infusion of solar energy to power up choice areas in a city.
But as I said earlier,we are used to thieving ineffective governor's.
Try researching on what Mbakwe did with limited resources and you will come to see how SE governors have fallen short of a great leader

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by somalianprince: 10:33am On May 22, 2021
Hahahaha

E dey pain him cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 11:03am On May 22, 2021
sanctity454:

I support 100%, though I will love to be a PPP arrangement

It is best as 100% private without government involvement but based on circumstances such PPP can be used as a kickstarter.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Idiko1: 11:03am On May 22, 2021
Nigercity:
Anyone close to hope uzodinma
Should kindly tell him
To build 2 or 3, 9 to11 story building
In strageically places like new owerri (pH road)
Or that assumpta cathedral side
To give the city a beautiful outlook
And also by so doing
Introducing high-rise
Which I know
Our people will equally follow suit in building theres

I can easily support 2 or 3 story building because of electricity or lack thereof. A high-rise building without a 24/7 functional elevator is a torture. I honestly think Nigerians have not learnt the basics of a functional society.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 11:12am On May 22, 2021
eduj:

As for electricity, One no longer needs approval from NERC to build power plants of not more than 1 MW,and you don't need to connect it to the national grid .That's enough to power up a few highrises.
To beat the system, a state government can build up to 5 of them independently to power up choice areas of the State. That's what Lagos, Abuja and ogun are doing.
Since we can't expect the state government to build a single power plant of 200m dollars and at the end connect it to the national grid, we can build 1 mw power plants with and infusion of solar energy to power up choice areas in a city.
Try researching on what Mbakwe did with limited resources and you will come to see how SE governors have fallen short of a great leader

The major mistake of Mbakwe is in borrowing a lot of money to build government run industries. It has never worked and will never work because of our attitude towards government owned institutions. None of those things actually took off because his successors refused to key into his plans and each time a new Governor attempts to sell it off for good, Ignorant masses will resist and it is left to rot completely. In Imo State Adapalm, Concorde, Avutu Poultry, ITC and other government owned leakages should be sold off at giveaway prices to private individuals. Their pensioners and workers consist a huge chunk of the debt Imo government is owing and they've never yielded any profit from day one but are rather supported with federal allocation meant for infrastructure.

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 11:15am On May 22, 2021
Idiko1:

I can easily support 2 or 3 story building because of electricity or lack thereof. A high-rise building without a 24/7 functional elevator is a torture. I honestly think Nigerians have not learnt the basics of a functional society.

Most houses in Nigeria run on private power supply including bungalows and 9 storey buildings. Rockview is 9 storey and it has been there since 1980s just like Concorde.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 3:01pm On May 22, 2021
Abagworo:

The major mistake of Mbakwe is in borrowing a lot of money to build government run industries. It has never worked and will never work because of our attitude towards government owned institutions. None of those things actually took off because his successors refused to key into his plans and each time a new Governor attempts to sell it off for good, Ignorant masses will resist and it is left to rot completely. In Imo State Adapalm, Concorde, Avutu Poultry, ITC and other government owned leakages should be sold off at giveaway prices to private individuals. Their pensioners and workers consist a huge chunk of the debt Imo government is owing and they've never yielded any profit from day one but are rather supported with federal allocation meant for infrastructure.
you're partly right,but it wasn't a mistake.None of them worked firstly because ike Nwachukwu and buhari happened.
Then a man like mbakwe who so loved his people will find it hard to imagine that knowing what the igbo had and is passing through, that igbomen like ogbonnaya onu,udenwa, Ouk,T a orji will systematically destroy the strong foundation he laid .
The gas pipeline he built to aba today is the reason almost 30 years later ,aba has the highest number of multinational companies in the East. The water infrastructure he begun are still the foundation of water schemes in aba and owerri, concord hotel is still standing today.
If that man had completed his second tenure, old imo state wold have been something else and that's why one of the first things ikechukwu omar Nwachukwu did was to sell out the new power turbines bought for the power plant mbakwe built. Ironically,a developing south korea bought that equipment .
Ouk leased the biggest glass factory in Nigeria out to the Indians (mbakwe built it at aba).A factory that produced the windscreens Nigeria import today, the glass plates we import today ,the glass sheets for windows we import today etc.
And what did the Indians do ? They dismantled the machinery (apart from the bottle making machines) and sold them off.

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Amah70: 4:34pm On May 22, 2021
Asking state government to build high rise buildings in Owerri, or go into PPP to do that, in a state where less than 1% of the population have access to common treated portable water. Foolishness. Private water boreholes is NEVER a system of public water supply.

Glad that Rochas Okorocha was stopped from succeeding himself through his son-in-law as governor of Imo state. If not, he would have collapsed to pressures by nit wits to use federal allocations of the local government areas to build skyscrapers in Owerri, so as to make more people see his acts in Owerri and call him a good presidential material. The same manner they pressured him for flyovers in Owerri where roundabouts would have been okay, and pressure to make Owerri a Dubai in Africa; no consideration of the fact that rest of Imo state outside Owerri are like in the 20th century stage.

Hope Uzodinma is more matured in governance. He will never yield to the demands of these nit wits.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by huncho22(m): 11:12pm On May 22, 2021
Amah70:
Asking state government to build high rise buildings in Owerri, or go into PPP to do that, in a state where less than 1% of the population have access to common treated portable water. Foolishness. Private water boreholes is NEVER a system of public water supply.

Glad that Rochas Okorocha was stopped from succeeding himself through his son-in-law as governor of Imo state. If not, he would have collapsed to pressures by nit wits to use federal allocations of the local government areas to build skyscrapers in Owerri, so as to make more people see his acts in Owerri and call him a good presidential material. The same manner they pressured him for flyovers in Owerri where roundabouts would have been okay, and pressure to make Owerri a Dubai in Africa; no consideration of the fact that rest of Imo state outside Owerri are like in the 20th century stage.

Hope Uzodinma is more matured in governance. He will never yield to the demands of these nit wits.
hope that doesn't have vision
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Amah70: 12:49am On May 23, 2021
eduj:

you're partly right,but it wasn't a mistake.None of them worked firstly because ike Nwachukwu and buhari happened.
Then a man like mbakwe who so loved his people will find it hard to imagine that knowing what the igbo had and is passing through, that igbomen like ogbonnaya onu,udenwa, Ouk,T a orji will systematically destroy the strong foundation he laid .
The gas pipeline he built to aba today is the reason almost 30 years later ,aba has the highest number of multinational companies in the East. The water infrastructure he begun are still the foundation of water schemes in aba and owerri, concord hotel is still standing today.
If that man had completed his second tenure, old imo state wold have been something else and that's why one of the first things ikechukwu omar Nwachukwu did was to sell out the new power turbines bought for the power plant mbakwe built. Ironically,a developing south korea bought that equipment .
Ouk leased the biggest glass factory in Nigeria out to the Indians (mbakwe built it at aba).A factory that produced the windscreens Nigeria import today, the glass plates we import today ,the glass sheets for windows we import today etc.
And what did the Indians do ? They dismantled the machinery (apart from the bottle making machines) and sold them off.

If Mbakwe had completed his 2nd term, as you wished, today’s Imo, Abia and parts of Ebonyi state would have developed nearer to be a Dubai in Africa.
Mbakwe started to build for all the zones of the then Imo state the type of water supply projects that are in use in Europe, America, and indeed, in the modern world of today. He understood that treated public water supply system is the foundation of modern development in an area; not high rise buildings.
He followed that with mini industries in all the LGAs, mapped out industrial zones in Owerri, Aba, Umuahia, Orlu and Okigwe.
Followed that with Amaraku Electricity generating plant.
With these in place, and if allowed to progress....

But his civilian successors in office led first, by Evan Enwerem, abandoned all these.

In 20 months as governor, Enwerem was only after development of his Owerri district. He ensured that Owerri water project only functioned, cornering universities to Owerri, abandoned urban roads and drainage contract of his predecessors in Orlu when Abia state was carved out from old Imo state. If Enwerem as first civilian successor to Mbakwe had completed Okigwe water supply project and started work on that for Orlu zone, but he watched the billions of Naira sunk into the projects waste, instead, he got more interest in locating IMSU in Owerri where other university, AICE, and polytechnic existed.
Enwerem set the stage for the ongoing way of seeing Imo state with its development process as an affair of Owerri. Successive governors copy from that.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Yampotatocarrot(m): 1:52am On May 23, 2021
eduj:

Yeah, I know of Lagos. Good idea, as such power plant can be dedicated to those high rise areas alone, thereby ensuring constant electricity.

With the fact that people now work entirely online, especially IT experts, added to the fun life in Imo state, I'm sure such apartments will be rented out quickly.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Yampotatocarrot(m): 1:55am On May 23, 2021
Abagworo:

The s will resist and it is left to rot completely. In Imo State Adapalm, Concorde, Avutu Poultry, ITC and other government owned leakages should be sold off at giveaway prices to private individuals. Their pensioners and workers consist a huge chunk of the debt Imo government is owing and they've never yielded any profit from day one but are rather supported with federal allocation meant for infrastructure.

ITC... To me, that's the worse transport company I've ever seen. Can't even remember when last I saw their buses. Go to their park, nobody takes things serious, everybody just acting the way they like. New buses don't take time before they start looking like something that just left the panel-beater's workshop, you'll begin to think that they swap New buses there.

Government has no business running business... Let government concentrate on providing social amenities and let the private sector go into business... Government can then act as a control agency to check excesses.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 2:36pm On May 23, 2021
Amah70:

If Mbakwe had completed his 2nd term, as you wished, today’s Imo, Abia and parts of Ebonyi state would have developed nearer to be a Dubai in Africa.
Mbakwe started to build for all the zones of the then Imo state the type of water supply projects that are in use in Europe, America, and indeed, in the modern world of today. He understood that treated public water supply system is the foundation of modern development in an area; not high rise buildings.
He followed that with mini industries in all the LGAs, mapped out industrial zones in Owerri, Aba, Umuahia, Orlu and Okigwe.
Followed that with Amaraku Electricity generating plant.
With these in place, and if allowed to progress....

But his civilian successors in office led first, by Evan Enwerem, abandoned all these.

In 20 months as governor, Enwerem was only after development of his Owerri district. He ensured that Owerri water project only functioned, cornering universities to Owerri, abandoned urban roads and drainage contract of his predecessors in Orlu when Abia state was carved out from old Imo state. If Enwerem as first civilian successor to Mbakwe had completed Okigwe water supply project and started work on that for Orlu zone, but he watched the billions of Naira sunk into the projects waste, instead, he got more interest in locating IMSU in Owerri where other university, AICE, and polytechnic existed.
Enwerem set the stage for the ongoing way of seeing Imo state with its development process as an affair of Owerri. Successive governors copy from that.

Nothing run by government works. For example Concorde Hotel was completed and has been running for close to 40 years now and is yet to yield profit for the State but rather has remained liability where a lot of money is rather budgeted for its upkeep. Government cannot run anything as good as private. It's better to use cronies and call it foreign investors than making it government owned.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (760) (761) (762) (763) (764) (765) (766) ... (1023) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.