Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,280 members, 7,860,649 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 01:44 PM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (99) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2432896 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (1023) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 10:23am On Dec 29, 2014
All of you that have been travelling to Imo state,can't you people snap pictures and post it here?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 10:28am On Dec 29, 2014
Charlesdonald:
Do you know that slot mobile is now in owerri
it is not yet open though..in wetheral nearly opposite the road that leads towards ikenegbu girls.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 10:47am On Dec 29, 2014
Collynzo22:

The single lane Ihiagwa - Nekede road is still good enough as a by-pass. I passed through it just last week. The road is in an ok condition.
Only that many people still think it is as bad as before so they don't other taking the risk.
how is the stretch from futo back gate to poly nekede junction?that axis used to be the worst area of that road.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 10:55am On Dec 29, 2014
It was a joyous celebration over the weekend as my younger brother and my family went for the introductory rites of marriage to his Mbaise hearthrob. I am very happy to have an Mbaise lady as my future sister-in-law. So much have been said about Mbaise people and their way of life which I strongly condemn.
Ndi Imo bu ofu.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Collynzo22: 10:56am On Dec 29, 2014
asha80:
how is the stretch from futo back gate to poly nekede junction?that axis used to be the worst area of that road.
It is smooth now.
It was shabbily reconstructed by Rochas but now much better than before and no longer a threat to one's car.
No complaints really, unless you are a perfectionist.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 11:21am On Dec 29, 2014
Collynzo22:

It is smooth now.
It was shabbily reconstructed by Rochas but now much better than before and no longer a threat to one's car.
No complaints really, unless you are a perfectionist.
hehe at perfectionist...it is just that I know that axis well and any shoddy construction job would not last because of the terrain...it is like doing a shooddy job on ihube axis of anara to okigwe federal road.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Collynzo22: 11:25am On Dec 29, 2014
asha80:
hehe at perfectionist...it is just that I know that axis well and any shoddy construction job would not last because of the terrain...it is like doing a shooddy job on ihube axis of anara to okigwe federal road.
It would last.
I meant Shabby in the sense that there is no marking, no drainage is some parts, no side walks, but it is convenient for anyone to drive through.
There is nothing special about the terrain though, the road was never really worked on until early this year.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Charlesdonald(m): 3:33pm On Dec 29, 2014
asha80:
it is not yet open though..in wetheral nearly opposite the road that leads towards ikenegbu girls.
it will officially open in 2015
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 4:55pm On Dec 29, 2014
rozayx5:

abagworo talking about uyo grin grin grin grin
when APC plebs are celebrating streetlight in 2014 we are already used to it since 2008
uyo at night

Forget lies and hype. Uyo is only good on the major roads.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 5:39pm On Dec 29, 2014
Okigwe the rocky and hilly town

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by emmysoftyou: 5:59pm On Dec 29, 2014
more pix....abagworo....

More pix....let me see more of the place i didnt go....

Following....
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by oneeast: 8:49pm On Dec 29, 2014
All those people are from Owerre where prostitution is their life style............

Once you hit the ground, you will feel the vibe of Owerri, the capital of Imo State. The city is warm, with many things to keep visitors engaged. Known for its robust hospitality industry, Owerri is the destination of fun seekers. Visitors to Owerri will always have fond memories of the city as well as the longing to return. They will remember the nightlife. They will remember that most of the fine restaurants, hotels and fun spots are places to be in the night.

They know that Owerri has its fair share of nightclubs. While some of the clubs operate on their own, others are built inside hotels. Those who lodge in the hotels that operate nightclubs are admitted free, upon showing their room keys. Others pay gate fee. Expectedly, going by the active nightlife in the city, Owerri is brimming with prostitutes. Investigations revealed that commercial sex workers flock around popular hotels and fun spots, looking for men to hook.

Most of these sex workers are students in tertiary institutions in the state and neighbouring states. In the day, these students appear somewhat respectable on campus, but at night they wear a different cap. By their dressing you shall know them. They appear in low waist trousers, short gowns/micro mini skirts, midriff and bosoms revealing tops and patrol premises of hotels with nightclubs.

One of the commercial sex workers told Saturday Sun, at the Rappour Hotel nightclub, that she comes around to earn money and take care of herself and siblings. Ijeoma, as she called herself, said: “I come to the club about three times a week to catch some fun, but nothing goes for nothing.”

Mr. Livinus Manukwem, an Owerri based businessman, the situation could not have been otherwise, every factor considered. “The sheer number of tertiary institutions in and around Owerri naturally creates the environment for people to indulge. I think there are more higher institutions in Owerri than in any other town in the country. Those setting up such facilities in Owerri are smart business people, taking advantage of the environment or situation. It is just like locating an industry where the raw materials for production abound,” he argued.

Open sex club One of the nightclubs offering “special services” is located unobtrusively off All Seasons Road, New Owerri. The club begins business from about 8pm. However, activities reach fever pitch from 10pm and continue till the wee hours.

This hangout is a white bungalow that hardly gives itself away. It looks like the regular club inside but without heavy décor and neon lights at the entrance. The regular dance hall is always almost empty, making one wonder how they manage to stay afloat. But if you wait long enough, you will notice young and middle aged men strolling into a passage on the left side of the dance hall. And that is where the real action is.

To go past barrel-chested bouncers manning an inner door, you must pay a gate fee of N1,000. There is an adjoining room also and both have something in common: Wild sexual obscenity.

The rooms are not well illuminated but bright enough for you to see what is being offered. Once you step in, the sight that greets you is that of a number of Unclad girls or at various stages of Unclothedness. The girls in bra and pants soon shed every piece of clothing, as the show gathers momentum.

The nightclub parades these girls in appreciable number. Unlike some strip bars where only a handful of girls entertain, this nightclub has them many. And they come in various sizes and shapes: slim, flat, tall, short, fair, dark. Again, unlike most Unclad clubs, where go-go girls exhibit their stuff on a platform, in this fun spot the girls offer more or less personal service. They move from one patron to another, showing the stuff they are made off.

Saturday Sun was at the nightclub recently. As soon as the reporter and two of his friends sauntered in, Unclad girls began to hover around them. About 12 of them were inside the room. Some were smoking cigarettes and drinking can beer, which is sold for N500 each.

Others were rocking to the pulsating music blasting from the speakers. They were making explicit sex remarks and gestures to the men, even as some playfully squeezed one another’s buttocks and bosoms, like lesbians.

Shortly after the reporter walked in, Flavour’s monster hit, Ashawo, began to play. The tempo of the music seemed to energize the dancers and they did exotic dance steps and got wilder.

In corners, some of the girls were engaged in lap dance with men, who grabbed the opportunity with both hands, kissing, sucking bosoms and caressing the lower region of the girls. The mischievous guys were inserting naira notes in between the thighs of the girls. As the guys titillated their bosoms, they squeezed the hard-on of their partners even as they asked to be “appreciated.” In this nightclub, to be “appreciated” is euphemism for “I need some money.”

The inner room is a shade darker and sleazier. There, the patrons and the girls get more intimate, engaging in all manner of sexual acts. Some of the strip dancers were sitting astride men even as others were caressing themselves. One of the girls, who gave her name as Marbel, said that for N2,000 she would engage in MouthAction with a man in the dark hall. It was gathered that a patron could also take any of the girls out for the night, for an agreed sum. The price depends on the time, desperation of the girl and bargaining power of the patron, but it could be anything between N5,000 and N10,000.

Private parties It was also learnt that the strip dancers equally entertain at private or house parties. According to one of the girls, who identified herself as Maureen, “If guys want to be entertained in a private apartment or hotel room, the girls would be willing. The price tag is N5,000 per girl for an outing of between four and five hours.”

She said: “You can have sex with a girl at the house party, but it is a personal thing. Of course, if you make a good offer a girl will not refuse it. It is a matter of cash.” She further said that if given at least two days notice, she can arrange for up to 30 girls for such special outing. She further said that payment must be made before the girls begin to drop their pants Dark, slim Maureen, who described herself as a professional dancer, sees nothing wrong with strip dancing. “It is like every other profession.

I personally like to dance and if I strip while dancing, what is the big deal? On the issue of sex, everybody is doing it. Female bankers do have sex; medical doctors have sex; actresses have sex; teachers have sex; lawmakers and ministers have sex. In fact, every person is having sex with the people they like or under whatever arrangement. It’s just that people pretend a lot. Some civil servants have sex with more men in a week than strip dancers,” she said.

An insider told Saturday Sun: “Some of the strip dancers are students and they pay their bills with the money they make. But all the dancers are not students. Some of the girls come from poor homes, so they use what they make at the bar to take care of themselves and families. Single mothers and young widows are also among them.

It was also gathered that more girls are coming to the club almost on daily basis seeking to be registered as strippers. One of the requirements is that the girls must be 18 years and above.

Ikengawo:

[img]http://3.bp..com/-6l_Ofpaco6Y/UueHro9H3tI/AAAAAAAARfA/u5s_UQKPXAQ/s1600/Nigeria+states+with+HIV.png[/img]

[img]http://1.bp..com/-X78Y4OGUijA/UueHrnyx3wI/AAAAAAAARe8/VoHVugqBiAU/s1600/Nigerian+states+with+highest+HIV+OR+AIDS.png[/img]

http://osaseye..com/2014/01/hiv-and-aids-in-nigeria-by-states.html#.VKGu4F4DA

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by oneeast: 8:59pm On Dec 29, 2014
This is the only economic activity in Imo state. I wonder how this makes their GDP thick. cheesy cheesy

Prostitution, one of the oldest professions in the world, regardless of its moral decadence and negative trailing effects, still thrives even with the interference of religious injunctions and countless laws enacted against it. A malignant scourge and a threatening ill in the society, eating deep like cancer across all class and strata from the younger generations to the older ones, taking its negative toll in different ways. Countries around the globe suffer this ugly menace at varying degrees depending on the extent of repulsiveness the act has on the citizens, not forgetting also the psychological reactions, psychosocial damages and the political implications which the imprints leave in such nations.

Prostitutes have being in business from time immemorial, and are most times viewed as social outcasts by all generations from way back to date. Though the act is still practiced in brothels and streets of major cities all over Nigeria today, the dark trade has shifted and is now flourishing in the country’s higher institutions of learning, right under the very nose of the authorities concerned. This high level of patronage coupled with the usual excuse of ‘poverty’ has made students of higher institutions of learning embrace the ungodly act, often times re-branding the ugly act with disguised names such as ‘Runs’ or ‘Hustle,’ simply to fine-tune and hide the originally evil-branded form for the sake of carrying out their nefarious acts freely. The predominance of this degrading act among our youths today points out to a number of factors which have directly or indirectly led these youngsters towards this ungodly path unworthy and condemnable in the sight of God and man. [b]In Owerri today, this act of sex-peddling has proven to be a chronic societal ill, flowing undeterred, gradually becoming a norm among our beautiful young girls, and like a virus, it is gradually percolating its tentacles un-relentlessly around the town. The situation has become so worrisome and it isn’t a rare sight to find our young girls on a daily basis frolicking and hovering at nights around hotel lobbies, guest houses, club houses or even beer palours as sex peddlers, seeking for interested ‘patrons’ to ‘trade’ their bodies with for money. The situation has become even more dire and pathetic as some greedy hoteliers and club owners within the town, in the bid to spun more money for themselves, open up their fun gates to every Tom, Dick and Harry, ignoring the minimum world accepted age exclusively accorded to adults only (18+), simply to satisfy their insatiable love for money at the expense of the eventual victims. Even with the gory tales of ritual killings and manipulations, unwanted pregnancies, and the increasing wave of sexually transmitted infections which befall some of these unlucky victims involved, the status-quo surprisingly still remains the same.[/b]

Quite disheartening to know also that some marriages and relationships break up as a result of the condescending attachment of supposedly married men to these young ladies of easy virtue who in turn make use of material benefits gotten from these men to graciously complement whatever they must have mustered through the same ill means.

But, where did we go wrong, and how did we end up in this sorry state? Must pre-marital sex become a fad among these youngsters not just in Imo state alone but Nigeria as a whole? Why has prostitution eaten so deep in Owerri, the Imo state capital, and where lies the future of these ladies of easy virtues? How hard is the government of Imo state fighting the scourge, and to what extent? Are there binding laws and punishments ruling against the menace and the perpetrators of the act? All these questions should abound in the hearts of well-meaning Imolites who are fed up and determined to turn around this unwarranted development for the better, for the sake of proffering lasting solutions necessary to restore dignity back to the Eastern Heartland. While trying to curb this sorry situation, there is the utmost need to retrace our steps back to the basis, which is the home, as this platform provides the first and direct link between these young ladies and the outside world. The family institution needs to be re-invigorated. If parents were at home performing their parental responsibilities, their daughters would probably not have taken to the streets to prostitute or make cheap their bodies to just any stranger. ‘Poverty,’ a common excuse, should never be a reason to commit such a degrading act, instead adequate efforts ought to be channeled by guardians and parents towards sensitizing their wards on the dangers and life threatening consequences linked to indulging in such an unholy duel.

This is also a wakeup call for the state government, as stringent rules and stiff modalities need to be set up to see to the close monitoring of such activities in the town in order to curb its widespread encroachment. Stiff penalties should be enforced on men who patronize these ladies, while persons trading directly or indirectly in prostitution should be arrested and prosecuted instantly to serve as a deterrent to other intending individuals. Public awareness/ Rehabilitation programs also need to be set up in the state not only to equip our young ladies on the negative effects of indulging in prostitution, but also to help those already in the act have a positive turn-around, either engaging themselves in respectable businesses or concentrating more on acquiring serious education to make a better future for themselves.

Dear Imolites, Prostitution has never been in our culture, and as such shouldn’t be tolerated in any form. Imo state possesses an enviable rich cultural heritage which includes living a chaste life and according utmost respect for the body. The truth must be told, and the time to revolt against this disturbing issue is now. Let’s heed to the clarion call and join hands in fighting prostitution in our land to a standstill. Imo must be better!http://www.theredparrotonline.com/?p=160

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 9:18pm On Dec 29, 2014
More of Okigwe

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Chavens: 10:05pm On Dec 29, 2014
Please everybody should ignore that fool that calls himself oneast. He is highly disgusting. I think he is cursed because he doesn't have any wisdom in him. What a compound fool and low animal. Remain a boy and never grow into a man. The sake of imo state will keep frusting you and even tomenting you. A betrayer of the Igbos. To my Igbo brothers and sisters I love you all.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ikengawo: 12:04am On Dec 30, 2014
Abagworo:
More of Okigwe

I was just looking for Okigwe pics.

Owerri X-Mas Decorations

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ikengawo: 12:13am On Dec 30, 2014
Owunna Park

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ikengawo: 12:13am On Dec 30, 2014
i HATE the grass at this park, so sickly looking
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ikengawo: 12:18am On Dec 30, 2014
New IMSU Law Library

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ikengawo: 12:28am On Dec 30, 2014

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by whirlwind7(m): 7:39am On Dec 30, 2014
[quote author=Ikengawo post=29321645]Owunna Park

Where in Owerri (or Imo) is this park located, please?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Agukagu(m): 7:57am On Dec 30, 2014
[quote author=whirlwind7 post=29325848][/quote]

The park is located inside IMSU. It was solely financed by Mazi Clement Owunna the present APGA senatorial candidate for Okigwe zone. Owunna recently decamped from APC to APGA

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by oneeast: 10:12am On Dec 30, 2014
You are silly I must confess. The only difference between Orji and Okorosha is that the former didn't borrow while the later borrowed over 200billion within just 3yrs.

Imo state today has the worst road networks. Owerre is very dirty with its bad road that litters the town. I am ready to post the current pictures of Owerre and Imo state that I covered last week during my tour to prove my point to you.

Imo state has sunk and needs a proper rescue. What is your development status on the following: network of roads, education, health, industrialization, job creation etc..the result is zero.

Abagworo:

You are simply deluded. Orji recently appointed an Anambrarian as Abia chief judge. The only Igbo State where everyone can aspire to be anything is Abia. The rest are more localised especially Anambra. Why is it that criticism is viewed by you as hate but yet most of the pictures of bad roads in Aba originates from Anambrians living there. If I post pictures of bad roads that dots all over Onitsha, Chino will view it as a fight whereas if Arthur Eze posts pictures of bad roads in Aba, Abians will view it as criticism and air their view without hate.

The sooner you stop thinking from a deluded point of view the better for you.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by oneeast: 10:23am On Dec 30, 2014
You are a clown. Anambra has the biggest economy in the SE and that covers whatever shiit you have down there. We have the real industrialization- auto-making and not shoe-making. We have the best road network, we have the largest economic center, we have oil and largest gas reserve with a refinery, we have the most influential and brightest minds, from the time of great Zik, Achebe, Ojukwu, Chike Obi, etc We are leading the pack in all facets. You can take that to Aso Rock!

The fact is that Anambrans are a different people operating on a different pedestal.

Abagworo:

The bolded is part of the delusion that makes you assume ridiculously.

If every State makes such statements, it will always be right from their point. Let us take Abia for example and notice that the only Igbo military head of State, the only Igbo army chief, the only Igbo military VP etc. are from there, why do they not claim jealousy when people criticise Abia. Mind you they also have the largest and most industrialised city, oil reserve, the finest State University etc.

Why is it that when people criticise Abia they do not view it as jealousy or hate?

I have warned you to stay off Anambra thread or what will happen to this Imo thread will be unimaginable..
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 10:00pm On Dec 30, 2014
Ahiara town, Mbaise.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 10:08pm On Dec 30, 2014
I can see fresh pictures. IMSU has really changed o! And pictures from Mbaise?

Nice!
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 10:19pm On Dec 30, 2014
Ahiara more and Aboh town.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 10:25pm On Dec 30, 2014
Wetheral and Egbu road scene in Owerri city.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 10:33pm On Dec 30, 2014
I have full coverage of Wetheral from Emmanuel College roundabout, Ogba oshishi, City school etc.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 11:17pm On Dec 30, 2014
Akachi road which is a short cut to Wetheral from Aba.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 11:35pm On Dec 30, 2014
Old Owerri from 3rd Inland Road

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 12:12am On Dec 31, 2014
Dry season and the lawns and flowers in Owerri median are still very green.

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (1023) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.