Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,262 members, 7,860,603 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 01:11 PM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (981) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2432878 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (978) (979) (980) (981) (982) (983) (984) ... (1023) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 5:30pm On Dec 09, 2023
asha80:
what did rochas do? Littering everywhere with substandard projects?

Expansion of the major roads in Owerri, relocation of Ekeukwu and removal of Keke isn't littering like you wrote. Till date that decision changed the face of Owerri even though something simple is still lacking across the town. Nigerian leaders and their people just don't like doing things to modern acceptable standard. Not even one Governor has ever decided to replicate simple environmental upgrade in any Nigerian major city as seen in Europe and Asia. Okorocha tried to an extent with the artificial springs but I see him as just a fore runner with room for continuity, improvement and correction.Even some poorer cities like Kingston Jamaica have some semblance of decency.

Okorocha took some of those difficult decisions to pave way for a future Governor to do better like covering up all the open gutters, creating very wide sidewalks, cleaning up the streets, stopping street trading and creating landscapes like those springs to cover ugly houses from being visible to passers-by. The concentration should be on tourism, event hosting, Carnivals, parks and anything to grow the hospitality and tourism sector.

Finally security is the most important factor. I just hate Nigerian politics if not I would have contested for Governor of Imo State and rule for only 4 years for Nigerians to see real environmental upgrade achieved with limited funds.

7 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 5:36pm On Dec 09, 2023
Ttipsy:
so what do you hold against hope this time ?

Uzodinma is trying his best but the insecurity is a huge demerit. He is doing roads better than other Southeast Governors but because he's from Imo State he'll be discredited. I've seen the Airport road from Ngor Okpala and the Orlu-Owerri road and they look good for intercity roads. Where Uzodinma has issue is in intracity roads especially New Owerri, Orlu urban and the Inland Roads neglected to erosion.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by NwekereNdokl: 5:42pm On Dec 09, 2023
Obviously there’s nothing to show as development. Owerri has remained a glorified village. Insecurity is high, poverty is high, unemployment is high, etc, despite the huge debt incurred by this useless state. Imo is a failed state.

Unbiased1:

Hope Uzodinma is a useless governor. There is nothing here like silent work. This thread has been so dry since that fool came into power. You guys now celebrate road markings as achievements? Can we see his input in Health, Education and Agriculture? What of Imo state's IGR and economy in general? Imo is now one of the most indepted states in Nigeria with nothing to show for it and you are here celebrating road marking. Show me the road markings he has done in Orlu and Okigwe.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Mensamusa: 5:56pm On Dec 09, 2023
Abagworo:

Uzodinma is trying his best but the insecurity is a huge demerit. He is doing roads better than other Southeast Governors but because he's from Imo State he'll be discredited. I've seen the Airport road from Ngor Okpala and the Orlu-Owerri road and they look good for intercity roads. Where Uzodinma has issue is in intracity roads especially New Owerri, Orlu urban and the Inland Roads neglected to erosion.

Fixing intracity roads in Owerri won't come cheap. One way the govt can ameliorate the challenge is to incentivize the hoteliers by offering months of tax relief/holiday(3-5) to enable them mop-up funds to fix the streets equidistant or drive-bys within the proximity of their business outfits,be it through interlocking or pavement like city cruz did.
By doing so,more funds to fix other local feeder roads in economic zones in ohaji egbema,Oguta, orlu,okigwe,etc

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nchenches: 6:01pm On Dec 09, 2023
Unbiased1:

Hope Uzodinma is a useless governor. There is nothing here like silent work. This thread has been so dry since that fool came into power. You guys now celebrate road markings as achievements? Can we see his input in Health, Education and Agriculture? What of Imo state's IGR and economy in general? Imo is now one of the most indepted states in Nigeria with nothing to show for it and you are here celebrating road marking. Show me the road markings he has done in Orlu and Okigwe.

There are Owerri local graduates in Imo state who grew up to understand that Imo state is Owerri and no other place outside Owerri.
Even some governors of the state follow that line.

Imo has lost its two once developing cities of Okigwe and Orlu because of the mindsets of such stark village graduates who passed through the many village universities and polytechnics in Imo state all littered all over Owerri.

Imo is the only state in Nigeria which has lost its original cities except the state capital.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ttipsy(f): 6:09pm On Dec 09, 2023
Abagworo:

Expansion of the major roads in Owerri, relocation of Ekeukwu and removal of Keke isn't littering like you wrote. Till date that decision changed the face of Owerri even though something simple is still lacking across the town. Nigerian leaders and their people just don't like doing things to modern acceptable standard. Not even one Governor has ever decided to replicate simple environmental upgrade in any Nigerian major city as seen in Europe and Asia. Okorocha tried to an extent with the artificial springs but I see him as just a fore runner with room for continuity, improvement and correction.Even some poorer cities like Kingston Jamaica have some semblance of decency.

Okorocha took some of those difficult decisions to pave way for a future Governor to do better like covering up all the open gutters, creating very wide sidewalks, cleaning up the streets, stopping street trading and creating landscapes like those springs to cover ugly houses from being visible to passers-by. The concentration should be on tourism, event hosting, Carnivals, parks and anything to grow the hospitality and tourism sector.

Finally security is the most important factor. I just hate Nigerian politics if not I would have contested for Governor of Imo State and rule for only 4 years for Nigerians to see real environmental upgrade achieved with limited funds.
thought I was the only one who have this to say.
Thank you so much

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ttipsy(f): 6:10pm On Dec 09, 2023
Abagworo:

This what he’s taking into consideration on his New agenda.
May he succeed

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Mensamusa: 6:12pm On Dec 09, 2023
ANOH 1

5 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Mensamusa: 6:14pm On Dec 09, 2023
ANOH 2

5 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Mensamusa: 6:17pm On Dec 09, 2023
ANOH 3

5 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nchenches: 6:18pm On Dec 09, 2023
Mensamusa:

Fixing intracity roads in Owerri won't come cheap. One way the govt can ameliorate the challenge is to incentivize the hoteliers by offering months of tax relief/holiday(3-5) to enable them mop-up funds to fix the streets equidistant or drive-bys within the proximity of their business outfits,be it through interlocking or pavement like city cruz did.
By doing so,more funds to fix other local feeder roads in economic zones in ohaji egbema,Oguta, orlu,okigwe,etc

One of them local graduates of Imo?
Abagworo talked about fixing intra-city roads of Owerri, Orlu etc.
All that you dwelt on is fixing Owerri intra-city roads.
Fixing up intra-city roads in Owerri by IMSG has been on
since the day Owerri was made capital of Imo state till today.
The chains of intra-city roads built in Orlu during the 1970s remain unpaved even though they have been fully built up with houses.
Intra-city roads in Orlu were designed before Owerri became capital of Imo state.
Former gov Rochas Okorocha had to swear one day that because Orlu was well planned from the beginning, it would never witness the type of traffic gridlock of Owerri.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Mensamusa: 6:22pm On Dec 09, 2023
ANOH 4

5 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Unbiased1: 6:57pm On Dec 09, 2023
Ttipsy:
shut up abeg
You guys can never be satisfied!
Same way Rochas was criticized after all he did .

Have you had a tour of the major expressway in Imo? especially Orlu and Okigwe expressway? All are in good shape now .
On his last reelection speech he Made mention of reconstructing orlu internal roads . He already did Teaching hospital road properly marked.
Mr Hope uzodima is actually doing his best despite the hate from you all

People like you should be banished from Igboland because your poor thinking and low standards are detrimental to our overall growth as a people. Imo has the highest number of unemployed people in the east, Imo has lost its glory in the education sector, even Ebonyi state has surpassed Imo in terms of investment and growth in the education sector, Imo state's IGR is one of the poorest in Nigeria, Imo is the most indepted state in the East and in the top 5 most indepted state in Nigeria with nothing to show for it. The useless fool of a governor and his worthless and clueless supporters have been celebrating road markings for close to 5 years now. The fool even invited Buhari twice to commission half completed roads. You and other supporters of this bad governance in Imo state are delinquents and deserve to be banished from Igboland. You think coming here to post the images of private hotels in Imo is an achievement? You are poorly exposed.

6 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofodirinwa: 7:10pm On Dec 09, 2023
Ttipsy:
I just like uzodima way of building roads ..

He doesn’t build rubbish!
One can see how the roads look with the markings and others …

This road is older than you, what are you talking about?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Unbiased1: 7:10pm On Dec 09, 2023
asha80:
what did rochas do? Littering everywhere with substandard projects?

That guy you responded to lacks proper exposure. He is talking about the same Okorocha that wasted Imo state's money on substandard projects. Almost all the roads Okorocha constructed got washed away in just a year. The same fool built a flyover that was considered a death trap and a useless tunnel that was always flooded after rainfall. The same Okorocha that connived with some dubious traditional leaders to collect people's land to build his own structures? Is it not the same fool that built a convention center that collapsed after he left office? He even stole the furniture he placed in the convention center when he was leaving office. He claimed he built hospitals but 80% of the hospitals he claimed he built were never equipped. The thief used Imo state's money to build a University (Eastern Palm University) for himself and was giving his family members different meaningless appointments just to steal more money. Does Okorocha even have major projects in Orlu and Okigwe? Okorocha was a useless governor who deviated from his vision for Imo state after he joined APC, unfortunately, Hope Uzodinma is has become worse because now, Imo state is not only retrogressing, the former tourism capital of the East has now become a bloodbath.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofodirinwa: 7:11pm On Dec 09, 2023
Mensamusa:
ANOH 1
When did ANOH 1 begin operation? I have never heard of it

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ttipsy(f): 7:12pm On Dec 09, 2023
Unbiased1:

People like you should be banished from Igboland because your poor thinking and low standards are detrimental to our overall growth as a people. Imo has the highest number of unemployed people in the east, Imo has lost its glory in the education sector, even Ebonyi state has surpassed Imo in terms of investment and growth in the education sector, Imo state's IGR is one of the poorest in Nigeria, Imo is the most indepted state in the East and in the top 5 most indepted state in Nigeria with nothing to show for it. The useless fool of a governor and his worthless and clueless supporters have been celebrating road markings for close to 5 years now. The fool even invited Buhari twice to commission half completed roads. You and other supporters of this bad governance in Imo state are delinquents and deserve to be banished from Igboland. You think coming here to post the images of private hotels in Imo is an achievement? You are poorly exposed.
who’s getting banished? I think you should be ashamed of yourself on that irritating comment.
you can contest for the next governorship so you can fix all of That.

From current indications uzodima hasn’t
performed poorly, he’s doing his best.

Same way you pple was hating on him, succeeded in using insecurity fueled by agitators to frustrate his administration but overwhelmingly he cleared all the local government in his reelection bid.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Mensamusa: 7:37pm On Dec 09, 2023
Ofodirinwa:

When did ANOH 1 begin operation? I have never heard of it

That's just numbering for the postings.
That is the gas field for the project,though in phases.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Unbiased1: 7:41pm On Dec 09, 2023
Ttipsy:
who’s getting banished? I think you should be ashamed of yourself on that irritating comment.
you can contest for the next governorship so you can fix all of That.

From current indications uzodima hasn’t
performed poorly, he’s doing his best.

Same way you pple was hating on him, succeeded in using insecurity fueled by agitators to frustrate his administration but overwhelmingly he cleared all the local government in his reelection bid.

@bolded. It's just unfortunate. I dey pity you. Which current indications are you talking about? Can you show me any index or statistics to proof that Imo state has improved in any sector for 4 years now. I forgot, road markings are the new achievements in Imo state. The picture you showed earlier showed a road marking painted green, when is he going to create yellow road markings?

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Mensamusa: 7:42pm On Dec 09, 2023
Nchenches:

One of them local graduates of Imo?
Abagworo talked about fixing intra-city roads of Owerri, Orlu etc.
All that you dwelt on is fixing Owerri intra-city roads.
Fixing up intra-city roads in Owerri by IMSG has been on
since the day Owerri was made capital of Imo state till today.
The chains of intra-city roads built in Orlu during the 1970s remain unpaved even though they have been fully built up with houses.
Intra-city roads in Orlu were designed before Owerri became capital of Imo state.
Former gov Rochas Okorocha had to swear one day that because Orlu was well planned from the beginning, it would never witness the type of traffic gridlock of Owerri.

If only we had your likes in government, maybe things would have been better,we should all keep pushing till we get it right.
I suggested that to enable the government have funds to cater for other zones,maybe you didn't get my point.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nchenches: 8:20pm On Dec 09, 2023
Mensamusa:

If only we had your likes in government, maybe things would have been better,we should all keep pushing till we get it right.
I suggested that to enable the government have funds to cater for other zones,maybe you didn't get my point.

Your indepth knowledge of the goings on in Imo's oil and gas sector is deeply appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ttipsy(f): 8:42pm On Dec 09, 2023
Unbiased1:

@bolded. It's just unfortunate. I dey pity you. Which current indications are you talking about? Can you show me any index or statistics to proof that Imo state has improved in any sector for 4 years now. I forgot, road markings are the new achievements in Imo state. The picture you showed earlier showed a road marking painted green, when is he going to create yellow road markings?
you guys can never be satisfied! !
Bitter souls..
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 8:53pm On Dec 09, 2023
Mensamusa:

That City Cruz road is example of how streets should look across New Owerri at least.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 9:10pm On Dec 09, 2023
Unbiased1:

The way you guys insult Imo Governor shocks me to the bone. I have always criticized Uzodinma on security but why can't I also accept he has done some good too even though more is expected. You act like robots assigned to condemn and malign a man based on personal assumptions, groupie or what I call mob syndrome. No State in Nigeria is doing well enough and Imo is not the worst so let's stop the personal attack and work on suggestions for the Governor's people to read and if possible pass to him. I'm sad that I've not visited Imo for years because of insecurity.

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofodirinwa: 9:32pm On Dec 09, 2023
Mensamusa:

That's just numbering for the postings.
That is the gas field for the project,though in phases.

Ok got it, udo
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofodirinwa: 9:38pm On Dec 09, 2023
Abagworo:

The way you guys insult Imo Governor shocks me to the bone. I have always criticized Uzodinma on security but why can't I also accept he has done some good too even though more is expected. You act like robots assigned to condemn and malign a man based on personal assumptions, groupie or what I call mob syndrome. No State in Nigeria is doing well enough and Imo is not the worst so let's stop the personal attack and work on suggestions for the Governor's people to read and if possible pass to him. I'm sad that I've not visited Imo for years because of insecurity.

If you stand by evil you become it. Uzodinmma has directly killed several in Imo, he has burned may homes businesses and communities. He has visibly annihilated the last shreds of democracy we had in Imo. It's a major disgrace that Imo was one of the only states in the whole of Nigeria who the majority of it's citizens couldn't vote in the last federal election. He has no real legitimacy so he has a heightened level of desperation of hold on and it has very literally led to people dying.

Imo is doing abysmally. It is only the resilience of the people within that is keeping it afloat. If a weaker people were to have this man as a governor, they would likely collapse. Imo progresses inspite of it's exceptionally bad luck with government.

Lets call the fact a fact. Doesn't mean we can't post projects, but I'm yet to see and achievement that outdoes the damage we've endured. Enemies of Ndiigbo also know that Imo is the engine of Igboland and if you hold down Imo the rest won't go anywhere. Forget what you read online about other states.

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofodirinwa: 9:43pm On Dec 09, 2023
Mensamusa:

That's Donald's

Anticipate the cartel night club
DAMN! nke kara Las Vegas
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofodirinwa: 9:46pm On Dec 09, 2023
Swiss International - Owerri

5 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofodirinwa: 9:46pm On Dec 09, 2023

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofodirinwa: 9:49pm On Dec 09, 2023
Dream World

4 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofodirinwa: 9:50pm On Dec 09, 2023
Pamtech

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofodirinwa: 9:51pm On Dec 09, 2023
Pamtech

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (978) (979) (980) (981) (982) (983) (984) ... (1023) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.