Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,062 members, 7,835,590 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:10 PM

Jonathan Is Insensitive To Citizens’suffering, Says ACN - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Is Insensitive To Citizens’suffering, Says ACN (858 Views)

You Are Insensitive To The Plight Of Nigerians – Shekarau Blasts Buhari / PDP Disowns Ikenga, Says ACN Behind “APC” Name Crisis For Attention / Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Is Insensitive To Citizens’suffering, Says ACN by LocalChamp: 10:34pm On Sep 21, 2012
Jonathan is insensitive to citizens’suffering, says ACN
Posted by: Our Reporter Posted date: September 21, 2012 In: News | comment : 3

THE Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) yesterday lashed out at the President for what it described as his insensitivity to the suffering of ordinary citizens.

The party said he is blinded by power to know what goes on around him.

In its reaction to President Goodluck Jonathan’s condemnation of last January’s fuel hike protests as sponsored by the opposition, the party in a statement in Lagos by its National Publicity Secretary. Alhaji Lai Mohammed, wondered how a President who enjoys everything free at the expense of tax paying Nigerians can insult the sensibility of suffering Nigerians on their right to protest an “unjust” fuel hike.

According to ACN, the President’s attack on Nigerians who resisted the imposition of unjust price hikes and the organisers clearly portrays him as a President who is hostage to his thoughts and one completely out of touch not only with ordinary Nigerians but also with universal trends, because in Egypt during the Spring protests, in Thailand when the Red Shirts took over Bangkok, in the the United States of America during the Occupy Wall Street, protesters were fed and provided with water blankets and medicine.

“It may interest President Jonathan and his minders that those involved in the January fuel hike protests were lawyers, doctors , businessmen, bankers journalists, artistes, the clergy and other accomplished Nigerian professionals from all walks of life.To claim that this class of Nigerians were lured to the protest ground because of a bottle of water and food is to say the least not only uncharitable but also a reflection of the shallowness of the thought process of the President’s advisers and handlers, the party said.

“In conclusion, the party admonished Nigerians not to be bullied into submission by a government who is always too ready to find a scapegoat for its incompetence and to be ever ready to protest and speak out against any unfair and unjust government decision, and if Jonathan’s government feels uncomfortable with this, it should organise its own solidarity protests and supply the rented crowd truckloads of water and expensive food.

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/news/jonathan-is-insensitive-to-citizenssuffering-says-acn/
Re: Jonathan Is Insensitive To Citizens’suffering, Says ACN by Callotti: 10:50pm On Sep 21, 2012
Look what is talking?
Trying to copy the US?
47% abi na 90% of sorry nyanshes seeking 'entitlements'?
Ha!!!!
Re: Jonathan Is Insensitive To Citizens’suffering, Says ACN by Yeske2(m): 11:28pm On Sep 21, 2012
^^
No be small thing o, GEJ no dey try but i think we need a very good description of what is happening in states the ACN control. Bloody hypocrites.
Re: Jonathan Is Insensitive To Citizens’suffering, Says ACN by SkyBlue1: 11:46pm On Sep 21, 2012
? ? ? ? ? ? ?

I don't get the value in what they have just said to be honest (it sounds too pedestrian to be uttered on such a pulpit), I mean, the army could have handled the matter better but were protesters stopped from protesting in January? There is a difference between allowing protest and maintaining some sort of public order as can be seen by many examples (includng occupy wall street).

Must be the usual politicking where you apparently feel the need to say something every five minutes
Re: Jonathan Is Insensitive To Citizens’suffering, Says ACN by Desola(f): 11:56pm On Sep 21, 2012
Yeske!:
^^
No be small thing o, GEJ no dey try but i think we need a very good description of what is happening in states the ACN control. Bloody hypocrites.

You might call them hypocrites but your president is dead stupid, rude, highly insensitive and utterly demented! How can he conclude that for any protest to be staged against his evil policies it would have to be sponsored by his opposition. It is a huge slap on the face of Nigerians to and more a blow to the families of those who died fighting for their rights to live and not have their avenues for their daily breads taken away from them. It is of no surprise to me though, after all this is the same nincompoop who said he does not give a damn what anyone thinks about his blatant refusal to declare his assets.

That jonathan is handing out peanuts to your region now does not mean you have to be densely and myopically foolish and lap up all that he does or says good or bad. You know what

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is Insensitive To Citizens’suffering, Says ACN by Ejine(m): 12:36am On Sep 22, 2012
"Jonathan is insensitive to citizens' suffering"

So says the same party behind the infamous Lekki toll gates. I guess they were really looking out for the citizens when they built those gates of horror.
And it didn't matter that when the upright residents decided to peacefully take to the streets in protest, they were met with SLAPS, knocks and tiger-uppercuts from ACN thugs.
It doesn't matter that the unfortunate protest was quickly turned into a high-octane matrix movie with the ACN thugs trying out their latest karate moves on the helpless protesters.

Nope... That's love, the ACN style.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is Insensitive To Citizens’suffering, Says ACN by sheyguy: 3:13am On Sep 22, 2012
Jonathan bleeped up no doubt, but then ACN didn't av to open their mouth . . .
Re: Jonathan Is Insensitive To Citizens’suffering, Says ACN by inspirenet: 7:02am On Sep 22, 2012
I think GEJ needs more time.

He wld deliver.

wink
Re: Jonathan Is Insensitive To Citizens’suffering, Says ACN by truth4meal(m): 7:17am On Sep 22, 2012
Ejiné: "Jonathan is insensitive to citizens' suffering"

So says the same party behind the infamous Lekki toll gates. I guess they were really looking out for the citizens when they built those gates of horror.
And it didn't matter that when the upright residents decided to peacefully take to the streets in protest, they were met with SLAPS, knocks and tiger-uppercuts from ACN thugs.
It doesn't matter that the unfortunate protest was quickly turned into a high-octane matrix movie with the ACN thugs trying out their latest karate moves on the helpless protesters.

am sure u don't stay in Lekki and if u stay in lekki pls there is no toll gate in Ajegunle or Ikeja u can move there. And pls if u are aggrieved can u open a new tread for toll gate and stop displaying how out of tune ur brain is. Comment on d topic or start a tread its dat simple. I participatd in d january protest is it nt demeaning dat one drunk is saying I protestd cos of bottled water and expensive food...I swear Mr president is a mistake
Re: Jonathan Is Insensitive To Citizens’suffering, Says ACN by truth4meal(m): 7:19am On Sep 22, 2012
sheyguy: Jonathan bleeped up no doubt, but then ACN didn't av to open their mouth . . .
and if one must ask y o?
Re: Jonathan Is Insensitive To Citizens’suffering, Says ACN by truth4meal(m): 7:33am On Sep 22, 2012
Its a big problem wen a President blames everytin on a perceived enemy. Everytin wrong has been blamed on someone else. Security blamed on the opposition,bad image blamed on the media, protest blamed on opposition, fuel scarcity blamed on aggrievd importers, state of the nation blamed on past leaders, and so on. Wen will mr president take d blame for not knwing dat he is thr to take d blames, take responsibity and face challenges. The moment GEJ stop passing blames to others he will start learning from his mistakes...for all I care I protestd against a man who is "legendarily" becoming the worst president in d nation history and I if I did it for bottled water it only shows how buried in rot is d state of our economy
Re: Jonathan Is Insensitive To Citizens’suffering, Says ACN by nku5: 7:45am On Sep 22, 2012
Hypocrisy 101. These ACN mouthpieces need to think carefully before they speak.

We know pdp is a coalition of thieves and occultists but before they complain of pdp shutting down fuel subsidy protests didn't lagos state sponsored thugs/pro-govt protesters attack peaceful protesters at the lekki toll gate. They later accused them of being pdp agents I guess kate henshaw who was among the protesters is a pdp member.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is Insensitive To Citizens’suffering, Says ACN by OYINBOGOJU(m): 7:52am On Sep 22, 2012
GEJ once said and I quote

“I DON'T GIVE A DAMN”

The worst statement from the coward President.

He must be insentitive really.

ACN on point again.
Re: Jonathan Is Insensitive To Citizens’suffering, Says ACN by sheyguy: 8:15am On Sep 22, 2012
truth4meal: and if one must ask y o?
?
Re: Jonathan Is Insensitive To Citizens’suffering, Says ACN by Gbawe: 8:19am On Sep 22, 2012
truth4meal: Its a big problem wen a President blames everytin on a perceived enemy. Everytin wrong has been blamed on someone else. Security blamed on the opposition,bad image blamed on the media, protest blamed on opposition, fuel scarcity blamed on aggrievd importers, state of the nation blamed on past leaders, and so on. Wen will mr president take d blame for not knwing dat he is thr to take d blames, take responsibity and face challenges. The moment GEJ stop passing blames to others he will start learning from his mistakes...for all I care I protestd against a man who is "legendarily" becoming the worst president in d nation history and I if I did it for bottled water it only shows how buried in rot is d state of our economy

Thank you !!! I was saying this on another thread where Jonathan stated that "those who want separation want to be leaders of small Islands" !!! What an incredible statement !!! It is entirely obvious this is a statement designed to reprimand perceived political opponents!!!! It is not the talk of a solution-provider ready to work methodically because he understands the problem and is focused on it.

Why not look at the reasons agitations of "separation" has grown really loud under your watch and do the right things to calm down this dangerous situation that sees Nigerians blaming others bellicosely for their lack of progress? Chaos and perhaps civil strife looms because of this 'bad blood' yet all GEJ can do is utter rhetoric deliverer to taunt his perceived enemies. Na wa OOO.
Re: Jonathan Is Insensitive To Citizens’suffering, Says ACN by Gbawe: 8:43am On Sep 22, 2012
sheyguy: Jonathan bleeped up no doubt, but then ACN didn't av to open their mouth . . .

My guy, they are the opposition Party. Should they look on and say nothing because other Nigerian Parties don't appreciate the duties of those in opposition? You think David Cameron or Obama can speak as insensitively as our President does time and time again?

Besides, as I state here time and time again, there is nothing the ACN is saying that the most most respected Nigerian are not saying even more vehemently about GEJ. Does the bolded below not show Soyinka comes to precisely the same conclusion as the ACN? If a private citizen can talk like this why should the opposition Party be silent over what amounts to a crassly insensitive statement considering that lives were lost during the protest?

http://www.punchng.com/news/subsidy-protests-jonathan-suffering-from-bad-conscience-soyinka/

Subsidy protests: Jonathan suffering from bad conscience – Soyinka

SEPTEMBER 22, 2012 BY COMFORT OSEGHALE 132 COMMENTS

Nobel Laureate, Prof. Wole Soyinka, has said President Goodluck Jonathan is suffering from a bad conscience.

This was contained in a statement made available to SATURDAY PUNCH on Friday.

Soyinka was reacting to the President’s comment in Lagos on Wednesday that the Jan. 2012 fuel subsidy removal protests were sponsored.

He said, “The most generous response that can be given to President Jonathan’s recent statement on the people’s fuel subsidy protest is that he is suffering from a bad conscience.

“The worst – which I fear is closer to the truth – is that he is lamentably alienated from the true pulse of the nation, thanks perhaps to the poor, eager-to-please quality of his analysts.

“Since I have had the opportunity to contest this perception of the protest with him directly, it is clear what kind of interpretative diet he prefers. The nation needs all the luck it can get.”

Condemning the President’s use of force to quell the protests, Soyinka described the action as a violation of the people’s constitutional rights and dismissed Jonathan’s allegation that the protests were sponsored.

He said, “This should be seen as a grave danger to democracy, and a warning. Both the participants and those who, like myself, were unavoidably absent, that lent both vocal and moral support to the demonstration, have been maligned and insulted by such reductionist reasoning.

“The culture of public protest appears to be an alien territory to Jonathan, which is somewhat surprising, considering the fact that he has not only lived in this nation as a citizen, but served in various political offices.
Re: Jonathan Is Insensitive To Citizens’suffering, Says ACN by nku5: 8:47am On Sep 22, 2012
I friggn hate these politicians. Pdp blames unseen detractors while acn blames the pdp. At the end of the day the poor man pays for all of that one way or the other. This democracy is a joke.babaringa clad thieves in the center leeching on the national cake on one hand and local champs perenially pointing fingers with one hand and looting with the other
Re: Jonathan Is Insensitive To Citizens’suffering, Says ACN by Aderostock(m): 9:06am On Sep 22, 2012
Ejiné: "Jonathan is insensitive to citizens' suffering"

Nigerians are the hardest people to govern on earth! they make life diffficult for their leaders and the same time they expect developments, its impossible! The toll gates are erected for few people mostly elites in lekki for maintenance why the fuel subsidy removal was at detriment of all nigerians except the governments and their teams
Re: Jonathan Is Insensitive To Citizens’suffering, Says ACN by Alxmyr(m): 9:13am On Sep 22, 2012
Recently, there was a protest of Local government workers in Ekiti state. They were protesting the government's intention to sack workers and the government inability to pay N18,000 minimum wage. The protest was led by Ekiti NULGE leaders.
Ridiculously, the Ekiti state government sponsored another group of protesters addressed by the governor himself insisting that those workers must be sacked and they are not going to pay N18,000 until they sack those workers.
It is ridiculous and frightening too.
Imagine if the Federal Government had sponsored some people in front of Ojota protest in January, the protest would have ended the next day!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is Insensitive To Citizens’suffering, Says ACN by Yeske2(m): 11:27am On Sep 22, 2012
Desola:

You might call them hypocrites but your president is dead stupid, rude, highly insensitive and utterly demented! How can he conclude that for any protest to be staged against his evil policies it would have to be sponsored by his opposition. It is a huge slap on the face of Nigerians to and more a blow to the families of those who died fighting for their rights to live and not have their avenues for their daily breads taken away from them. It is of no surprise to me though, after all this is the same nincompoop who said he does not give a damn what anyone thinks about his blatant refusal to declare his assets.

That jonathan is handing out peanuts to your region now does not mean you have to be densely and myopically foolish and lap up all that he does or says good or bad. You know what
GEJ as i mentioned earlier is no saint but ACN are no better.
Re: Jonathan Is Insensitive To Citizens’suffering, Says ACN by Demdem(m): 11:33am On Sep 22, 2012
I agree with ACN on this. The retardeen who once had no shoes has completely forgotten those who presently has no shoes as against his promises to them. He doesn't give q damn.

(1) (Reply)

Gunmen Storm Unijos Campus, Some Students Reportedly Shot:-sahara Reporters. / Jonathan Told The Truth On Nigeria's Corruption Rating / Sola Odunfa Writes On Why President Goodluck Jonathan Is Not Smiling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.