Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

To Create Flash Animations on Linux - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / To Create Flash Animations on Linux (6444 Views)

Learning Animations!!! What You Need To Know. / Animations From Blackhouse Studios / Any Software On Creating Flash Animations? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

To Create Flash Animations on Linux by Chxta(m): 10:32am On Aug 03, 2005
I am minus my desktop at the moment, and I am working on a site that will need a lot of flash animation. Can anyone recommend a program that will create flash animations within a Linux Environment?
Re: To Create Flash Animations on Linux by Seun(m): 2:02pm On Aug 03, 2005
Try Crossover Office (about $75) which will allow you to run windows programs like Macromedia Flash MX or SWISHmax on Linux. Now you're beginning to appreciate the disadvantage of using Linux as a Desktop OS!

The Towards Open Source Flash Development article describes a way of developing Flash animations using MTASC Actionscript Compiler, the Eclipse IDE, and the ActionScript Development Tool and Flashout plugin for Eclipse.
Re: To Create Flash Animations on Linux by adesodgi(m): 4:49pm On Oct 20, 2005
you are a cartoon child
[td]I KNO AM A BABY[/td]

Re: To Create Flash Animations on Linux by O(m): 6:37pm On Nov 06, 2005
thats funny, appreciate the disadvantages of linux.
Re: To Create Flash Animations on Linux by timmy(m): 4:15pm On Nov 22, 2005
flash on linux , it works fine, in fact it would do all u need it to do, but the specs are kinda high and too stress full
Re: To Create Flash Animations on Linux by linuxgoat: 10:45pm On Jan 01, 2006
There are no disadvantages of using linux as a desktop OS. In my opinion it serves as a much more functional desktop with the ability to use eye candy windows will never be able to handle. The only trouble you might have is your initial installation.
Also, about using a windows program in linux, the program wine is a free program to run windows programs in a linux environment. Again if you can install it right it should do the job.

smiley

(1) (Reply)

Which Is Better To Print With, Coreldraw Or Photoshop? / New 4 Bedroom Bungalow Architectural Design/building Plan For A Plot / Corel Draw Gallery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.