Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,200 members, 7,811,527 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:53 PM

Animations From Blackhouse Studios - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Animations From Blackhouse Studios (5763 Views)

Learning Animations: Newbies Minimum Requirements. / Learning Animations!!! What You Need To Know. / To Create Flash Animations on Linux (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Animations From Blackhouse Studios by zPixel(m): 11:10am On Dec 08, 2009
This is the first from more to come from blackhouse studios.

It about a goat that was mistaken for a thief and was put on trial, This a short clip from the long clip. Hope you enjoy and like it  smiley

LINK>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bz2l8aFwkJY

FACEBOOK (for updates)>> http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=168868209278
Re: Animations From Blackhouse Studios by spyemy(m): 11:49am On Dec 08, 2009
smiley
Re: Animations From Blackhouse Studios by zPixel(m): 12:08pm On Dec 08, 2009
@spyemy
i really appreciate your comments, thanks.
Good you mentioned the blur, the strong blur was just a way of(cheating wink) hiding the mechanical animation of the background characters.
Re: Animations From Blackhouse Studios by xothermik(m): 1:30pm On Dec 08, 2009
yes o, its been a long time comming z. i enjoyed workin with you guys on this project as a character modeler and texture artist especially on my main guy. goateeee! grin . buzz me anytime on freelance for more pls.
Re: Animations From Blackhouse Studios by sylvelity: 1:42pm On Dec 08, 2009
guys i will really appreciate if you join our great forum for graphics artist

www.graphicspalace.com

Thankx
Re: Animations From Blackhouse Studios by Kemjisuper(m): 3:46pm On Dec 08, 2009
Wicked 3d job! grin grin grin

Nice one, man.
Re: Animations From Blackhouse Studios by zPixel(m): 4:30pm On Dec 08, 2009
@Kemjisuper
Thanks.

@xothermik
y u run leave us? lol

@sylvelity
will check it out
Re: Animations From Blackhouse Studios by NWFX(m): 6:48pm On Dec 09, 2009
cool ! by the way i read one ur posts on facial rigging. liked the idea because i was doing something similar.
we'r getting there ! keep it up.
Re: Animations From Blackhouse Studios by AdamuW: 8:29am On Dec 10, 2009
Good work guys. I think the most successful part was the set building and rendering. There are some technical issues such as lip synching which could have been done better. But I know you guys and you are probably working on sorting that out.

The good thing is we are now getting some good technical proficiency all round. However, what was lacking from the piece for me was a visual style or creative direction. I don't know what the brief was but I'm judging it on what I saw. The piece looked neutral for lack of a better word. I didn't see a visual style I loved or hated. It was more bland. Though the technical skills help us reach it, the creative direction is really what sells and differentiates animations and even movies. I know you guys know that but I'm just dropping a little reminder and I know it's only a matter of time before we stop being overwhelmed or too focused on technical and have more fun with the creative side and Blackouse will be there at the forefront. We're also doing our little bit here at our studios to up the visual creativity.

Keep it up, there's a lot of hard work ahead for all Nigerian based studios.
Re: Animations From Blackhouse Studios by aphek: 9:22am On Dec 10, 2009
Nice work. Just to add to what AdamuW said. You guys need to spend more time on character design.I can see a little personality on the goat character based on its design. But apart from that the rest of the characters are just plain. Your audience needs to identify or connect with your characters. Either love them or hate them. Again your animation style needs to be definite. With a goat being on trial, I suspect your animation borders on commedy/cartoony style. Let your animation reflect that. Otherwise good job. We are all learning from you guys.
Re: Animations From Blackhouse Studios by zPixel(m): 11:00am On Dec 10, 2009
I agree with everything you guys stated about character design & visual style. I guess the main lesson learnt from this small project is to never jump into production without adequate planning, which we suffered from on this project.

I really appreciate the comments & crits and I'll definitely pass this to the house. Thanks.
Re: Animations From Blackhouse Studios by sylvelity: 12:42pm On Dec 10, 2009
@zPixel,

I was trying to get your yahoo ID to contact you to let you know the latest development the website pass through,
I am very very sorry, we upgrade the website for your own good and for the good of others that is viewing your article you post,
then we lost all the file and even membership details,

I am so happy that we are back now and sure we are better than before this time we have Backups File, I promise you that wont happen again,
Go now and Register and Join us again,

Thank you for understanding

GraphicsPalace.com
Re: Animations From Blackhouse Studios by Nobody: 7:36pm On Dec 19, 2009
hey zpixel Or anyone, working on a motion project.i have a question for other motion artists, if anyone knows how to achieve the flicker video effect, wish i had an example to post but lik something in DRAKE'S digital girl video where the person's image flickrs reveailing different color images, blue, red or something.then goes back to the normal image, lik this anaglaph effect in pictures.i really think it should has a technical name so i could google.it, pls opinion and answers are needed ASAP,

(1) (Reply)

Brand Collateral / How To Clone Yourself using adobe premiere pro / How I Draw Realistic Skin Texture And Pores (pencil And Graphite Illustrations)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.