Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,756 members, 7,820,626 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:29 PM

Are You An Average Nigerian? Run This Test On Yourself Now And Let's See! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are You An Average Nigerian? Run This Test On Yourself Now And Let's See! (1429 Views)

Rivers Election Re-run: This Is What Rivers People Are Saying(graphic Image Plz) / The Average Nigerian Will Make 18% Less In 2015 / Cross River To Administer Aptitude Test On Would-be Commissioners, Board Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are You An Average Nigerian? Run This Test On Yourself Now And Let's See! by inspire101(m): 10:03am On Sep 22, 2012
1. An Average Nigerian is very energetic, aggressive and arrogant…he gets angry easily, very impatient and lacks self-control. He is angry with everyone including his country!

2. An average Nigerian is mostly ruled by sentiment rather than reason…he is manipulative and can be easily manipulated, he hates anything that would task him mentally…..he is shallow!

3. An average Nigerian talks a lot about himself and has a grandiose feeling of himself, he loves to belittle others and their achievements, prides in his own little achievements and exaggerates his feats….You can call this pride or low self esteem.

4. An average Nigerian loves to complain and blame everyone for his problems….He is judgmental and an hypocrite. He complains but hates to take responsibility. It can never be his fault…It is always the Govt! Some even blame the Government for not being able to impregnate their wife. grin

5. An average Nigerian is very religious, he "loves" God but finds it hard to love his neighbor, he prays for his country but would break the laws of the land, he has no skill but wants a breakthrough in his finances, he has a character flaw but wants "God" to "bless" him, he loves miracle/magic/mysteries/fantasies/shortcuts and he believes God can deliver all these, he loves a God he can use to satisfy his selfish desires, he has a distorted view of God...after reading this, he will say this is persecution. grin

6. An average Nigerian is very selfish and self-centred…he thinks of himself always. Still wondering why one of us would steal 84billion naira when others live in penury….Please wonder no more!

7. An average Nigerian believes everything that is from “obodo oyinbo” is better than anything here…he is happy that the toothbrush he just bought was made in America. He does not believe Nigeria can ever get better.

8. An average Nigeria’s yardstick for respect is material items….the type of car people drive, the type of house they live in, the titles they have…..you often hear the ladies say that guy is really cute (Even if he is so ugly) but as long as he has cash.

9. An average Nigerian wants to get rich quick….he believes getting rich is a game. He believes in luck, destiny, stars etc. He is also a gambler by nature. He hates to steal, he hates the thieves but he desperately wants to get his own share of the national cake.

10. An average Nigerian would quickly dismiss all that I have written here as Bullshit….he is sometimes myopic, greatly deluded and has a false sense of reality.

Count your score based on the number of “offences” you feel you are guilty of:
If you score 0: I am almost sure you are not a Nigerian or let’s call you the “unusual Nigerian”.
If you score 1-3: It is fair but you need to keep improving until you become an “unusual Nigerian”.
If you score 4-6: You still carry lots of toxins in your system….there is hope for you though.
If you score 7 and above: You are a dangerous specie and you need to purge yourself before you self-destruct!

***Feel free to post your score...maybe that will encourage me to post mine also cos i am guilty as charged. If you lie about your score...I must admit that you are suffering from the number 10 syndrome! tongue

Disclaimer: Every single word, phrase and sentence here is a figment of my imagination and I take 100% responsibilities for it.

Kindly note that these traits are not peculiar to Nigerians alone, i just observed that an "average Nigerian" can be identified by one or more of this traits.

Your thoughts, views, opinions, voice + criticism is highly welcome!

5 Likes

Re: Are You An Average Nigerian? Run This Test On Yourself Now And Let's See! by Nobody: 10:11am On Sep 22, 2012
Point number five is a useless one
Re: Are You An Average Nigerian? Run This Test On Yourself Now And Let's See! by masterpiecer(m): 10:58am On Sep 22, 2012
Mostly true though, sincerely i think i fall under the 'unsual Nigerian'
But i want you to note that attributes such as anger, selfishness, pride, get-rich-quick syndrome are found in average humans all over the world inrespective of where you are from, especially youths, so it might be wrong to think that it only affects the average Nigerian.

I work in an environment where i get to interact with a lot of expats(foreigners), one major difference i have notice between we(Nigerians) and them(foreigners) is impatience. It is quite difficult for an average Nigerian to maintain a queue without being suppervised, most times we seem to undermine simple ethics and i think it does affect us a whole lot.

2 Likes

Re: Are You An Average Nigerian? Run This Test On Yourself Now And Let's See! by Nobody: 11:01am On Sep 22, 2012
Ten over ten grin
Re: Are You An Average Nigerian? Run This Test On Yourself Now And Let's See! by nikkyshyne(f): 12:08pm On Sep 22, 2012
2, I scored 2. embarassed
Re: Are You An Average Nigerian? Run This Test On Yourself Now And Let's See! by Nobody: 6:08pm On Sep 22, 2012
No 5

cuz its real in Nigeria
Re: Are You An Average Nigerian? Run This Test On Yourself Now And Let's See! by inspire101(m): 6:12pm On Sep 22, 2012
acidosis™:

@ Acidosis....I don't it is okay for u to draw "sharp conclusions"....maybe seeking to understand the perspective would have helped you and several other users of this forum.

I personally do not see anything wrong with being religious....By being religious.....It is only in our beloved country people go to church to pray to have light (When non-religious countries have light!), pray for security (While we keep bombing ourselves), pray against sickness (Something good medicare system can solve),pray against stray bullet (Don't forget our policemen get drunk regularly and shoot people cos of N20), pray to have good roads (When the minister in charge has used the money to buy a house in dubai),Pray to pass exams they never studied for....Pray so that a "God" who has given us the brain and mind to solve our basic human problems can come down and help us solve it.....I hold nuffin against religion cos everyone has a right to his beliefs.

I only fink any religion driven by fear, Poverty and ignorance would only keep the people in bondage.

I must also not forget to add that Faith is the key to true worship and faith is driven by Knowledge.
Re: Are You An Average Nigerian? Run This Test On Yourself Now And Let's See! by adino(m): 7:29pm On Sep 22, 2012
CLSSSIC
Guy you got it right.
Re: Are You An Average Nigerian? Run This Test On Yourself Now And Let's See! by philip0906(m): 7:44pm On Sep 22, 2012
acidosis™:
exactly. . .absolute bunkum
@op
Brazil is a deeply religious(catholic) country yet they are becoming an economic powerhouse. The UAE is a predominantly islamic country, yet they are prosperous. So however u want 2 defend ur point, its obvious u are one of 'em bloody atheists.
Re: Are You An Average Nigerian? Run This Test On Yourself Now And Let's See! by manny4life(m): 8:06pm On Sep 22, 2012
Fortunately, I'm not an average Nigerian.

The only one that applied to me was No.1 (the anger part), and I take a credit for that but for others, no thank you.
Re: Are You An Average Nigerian? Run This Test On Yourself Now And Let's See! by Nobody: 8:20pm On Sep 22, 2012
I'm an unusual Nigerian!!

Even Nigerians think I'm not Nigerian when they meet me...

I'm just me - a negroid who's a free citizen of the world...
Re: Are You An Average Nigerian? Run This Test On Yourself Now And Let's See! by Emmaesty(f): 9:13pm On Sep 22, 2012
I scored 9/10, i failed no. 4
Re: Are You An Average Nigerian? Run This Test On Yourself Now And Let's See! by armadeo(m): 8:38am On Sep 23, 2012
5/10 failed 2,4,5,7 and 10.

1 Like

Re: Are You An Average Nigerian? Run This Test On Yourself Now And Let's See! by Kobojunkie: 8:54am On Sep 23, 2012
inspire101: 1. An Average Nigerian is very energetic and aggressive…he gets angry easily, very impatient and lacks self-control. He is angry with everyone including his country!
FAIL!

2. An average Nigerian is mostly ruled by sentiment rather than reason…he is manipulative and can be easily manipulated, he hates anything that would task him mentally…..he is shallow!FAIL!

3. An average Nigerian talks a lot about himself and has a grandiose feeling of himself, he prides in little achievements and exaggerates his feats….You can call this pride or low self esteem. FAIL!

4. An average Nigerian loves to complain and blame everyone for his problems….He is judgmental and an hypocrite. He complains but hates to take responsibility. It can never be his fault…It is always the Govt! Some even blame the Government for not being able to impregnate their wife. grin FAIL!

5. An average Nigerian is very religious, he "loves" God but finds it hard to love his neighbor, he prays for his country but would break the laws, he has no skill but wants a breakthrough in his finances, he has a character flaw but wants "God" to "bless" him, he loves miracle/magic/mysteries/fantasies/shortcuts and he believes God can deliver all these, he loves a God he can use to satisfy his selfish desires, he has a distorted view of God...after reading this, he will say this is persecution. grin FAIL!

6. An average Nigerian is very selfish and self-centred…he thinks of himself before others. Still wondering why one of us would steal 84billion naira when others live in penury….Please wonder no more! FAIL!

7. An average Nigerian believes everything that is from “obodo oyinbo” is better than anything here…he is happy that the toothbrush he just bought was made in America. He does not believe Nigeria can ever get better.FAIL!

8. An average Nigeria’s yardstick for respect is material items….the type of car people drive, the type of house they live in…..you often hear the ladies say that guy is really cute (Even if he is so ugly) but as long as he has cash. FAIL!

9. An average Nigerian wants to get rich quick….he believes getting rich is a game. He believes in luck, destiny, stars etc. He is also a gambler by nature. He hates to steal, he hates the thieves but he desperately wants to get his own share of the national cake.FAIL!

10. An average Nigerian would quickly dismiss all that I have written here as Bullshit….he is sometimes myopic, greatly deluded and has a false sense of reality. FAIL!

Score : 0 out of 10

I am a Nigerian . . . we do exist.

1 Like

Re: Are You An Average Nigerian? Run This Test On Yourself Now And Let's See! by easy(m): 11:18am On Sep 24, 2012
Too many different things/characters joined together under one number.

For instance, if you are energetic and aggressive, it does not make you impatient and lack self-control and does not make you angry with everybody.

(1) (Reply)

Viewpoint: How Tribalism Stunts African Democracy / Comandant AFCSC Jaji And Corp Comander Sacked. / The Night Buhari Met Jonathan Face-to-face

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.