Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,671 members, 7,955,455 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:18 AM

Even If It's All Lies ..... Can It Be Bad? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Even If It's All Lies ..... Can It Be Bad? (779 Views)

Prophet TB Joshua Curses Zimbabweans For Spreading Lies Against Him / ISLAM Lies: Can 1.3 Billion People Be Wrong?? / If It's All Lies - How Come Witches Tremble? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Even If It's All Lies ..... Can It Be Bad? by OmoAlata(f): 6:48am On Sep 23, 2012
When someone 'claims' to have been taken to hell and shown the torments of the people who died without Christ and pleads with us to repent so we don't end up there, they are usually villifed and mocked but my question is, "how harmful can it be?" They're only saying "change your ways"; "live a good life"; "give up fornication/adultery" etc etc. Even if their encounter was made-up i.e. fabricated, it will still make some people change their evil ways so it can't be all bad. Can it? Or what is bad about living a righteous life

If a house is divided against itself, that house cannot stand so why would evil try to destroy itself i.e. why would the devil make up a lie that would turn people to Christ?
Re: Even If It's All Lies ..... Can It Be Bad? by Nobody: 7:36am On Sep 23, 2012
Some of those things we hear are so real. I've watched some on screen and I believe. There is this particular one I listened to - by a Nigerian Pastor Moses. He has visited about 40 towns/cities in Nigeria..and still counting. The most shocking part of His testimony is the experience of Hell on each programme.
Another one is a school boy who had same encounter even though he was confirmed dead in a Hospital somewhere in Ekiti state.
Like you said, I see know reason why anyone would make up stories like this to win souls to christ. .
Not like they're been paid after "revealing their experiences"
Re: Even If It's All Lies ..... Can It Be Bad? by OmoAlata(f): 7:48am On Sep 23, 2012
acidosis™:

Like you said, I see know reason why anyone would make up stories like this to win souls to christ. .
Not like they're been paid after "revealing their experiences"

Thank you smiley
Re: Even If It's All Lies ..... Can It Be Bad? by ijawkid(m): 8:23am On Sep 23, 2012
These dreams are nt really needed to dispense the end time message....

The book of revelations has got all we need to know about the times we are living in....

It gives detailed description of what will happen b4 d end comes........

How governments would be brought to nothing when the end comes....

How world powers before and after faced annihilation and soon will face annililation........

The dreams of anonymous individuals do not add up and are not reliable.....

We have d bible...let's be content with its message.........
Re: Even If It's All Lies ..... Can It Be Bad? by CrazyMan(m): 8:35am On Sep 23, 2012
Omo Alata: When someone 'claims' to have been taken to hell and shown the torments of the people who died without Christ and pleads with us to repent so we don't end up there, they are usually villifed and mocked but my question is, "how harmful can it be?" They're only saying "change your ways"; "live a good life"; "give up fornication/adultery" etc etc. Even if their encounter was made-up i.e. fabricated, it will still make some people change their evil ways so it can't be all bad. Can it? Or what is bad about living a righteous life

If a house is divided against itself, that house cannot stand so why would evil try to destroy itself i.e. why would the devil make up a lie that would turn people to Christ?
In as much as I believe in God and strive daily to remain in the faith, I don't believe most of this hell fire stories.

Reason is that their definition of hell are always different from each other's definition.

My question is that if hell is one place why can't everyone's definition be the same? Why would Mr A tell me about a cell block, and Mr B would say its a river of fire...Mr C would tell you that people there are naked and chained...Mr D would say people walk about freely? Why can't the definitions just match?

I feel some of them tell these stories in order to make people give up their sinful lifestyle...others tell it for cheap popularity and recognition.
Re: Even If It's All Lies ..... Can It Be Bad? by frank317: 8:53am On Sep 23, 2012
Omo Alata: When someone 'claims' to have been taken to hell and shown the torments of the people who died without Christ and pleads with us to repent so we don't end up there, they are usually villifed and mocked but my question is, "how harmful can it be?" They're only saying "change your ways"; "live a good life"; "give up fornication/adultery" etc etc. Even if their encounter was made-up i.e. fabricated, it will still make some people change their evil ways so it can't be all bad. Can it? Or what is bad about living a righteous life

And sometimes I wonder: why do pple turn to Christ? Is it because they arfaid of hell? Or because they are in need of miracle and weathe or husbaand? Or because theyy understand that God loves them and they hurt him wen they sin and they are truely sorry.

U see people run from one church (or prayer house) to another in search for miracle, wealth and other material satisfaction. They would belive anythin, do whatever they are asked to do and sometimes are decieved. We see people (mostly con men) decieve people in the name of miracle and millions are misled.

Now I liken these set of miracle conmen to those who claim they've had visions of hell. These instigae fear in people, they mke mony selling tapes and make themselves special with these vision.

U see a desperate man (those in need of miracle), is like a man in fear(those who believe in these visions). Both can do rational things like claiming to b bornagain just to reduce their anxiety (get miracle or believe they have escaped hell), deep down that they are not Christians because they are not truely sorry for their sins. They live a shallow life, give money to the church, decieve themselves and other and at the end they are only satisfying themselves and not God. For God searches the heart.

Milliom are being decieved in the world today in the name of visions and miracles. People no longer search for the truth. In their fears they believe anythin and are misled.

To me God is love and he won't use threat of hell to display his love.
Re: Even If It's All Lies ..... Can It Be Bad? by Nobody: 10:16am On Sep 23, 2012
U believe in one bullshit, you're bound to believe in any other... as long as it smells like the original bullshit..
Re: Even If It's All Lies ..... Can It Be Bad? by tobechi74: 1:40pm On Sep 23, 2012
Changn frm gud to bad becos u fear hell is nonsence. BE GUD FOR NO REASN
Re: Even If It's All Lies ..... Can It Be Bad? by EvilBrain1(m): 2:00pm On Sep 23, 2012
This thread should be titled "Lies and the Lying Liars who tell them". Do you really need an atheist like me to explain to you why deceiving people is always a bad thing?

I see that Christianity hasn't changed much from the 4th century when you guys were forging and doctoring ancient documents to make.it look like Jesus.was a real person.

www.truthbeknown.com/josephus.htm
Re: Even If It's All Lies ..... Can It Be Bad? by OmoAlata(f): 2:22pm On Sep 23, 2012
Evil Brain: Do you really need an atheist like me to explain to you why deceiving people is always a bad thing?

But why would Satan, the deceiver of the whole world make people turn AWAY from sin
Re: Even If It's All Lies ..... Can It Be Bad? by EvilBrain1(m): 2:37pm On Sep 23, 2012
Omo Alata:

But why would Satan, the deceiver of the whole world make people turn AWAY from sin

Abeg stop rationalizing something you know is wrong. Besides, I don't buy into any of your Christian fairytales.

Plus, even if he existed, Satan isn't the.one doing the lying, Christians are. The question you should be asking is "If Christianity is real, why can't we find any evidence to support it without resorting to fraud?" Maybe your god and the father of lies have more in common than you think.
Re: Even If It's All Lies ..... Can It Be Bad? by OmoAlata(f): 3:10pm On Sep 23, 2012
Evil Brain:

Besides, I don't buy into any of your Christian fairytales.

Then let someone who buys into it, answer my questions wink

(1) (Reply)

What Gender Is God ? / Pls., Kindly Interprete This DREAM! / One Year Old Baby Die After Taking Anointing Oil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.