Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

6 Valuable Strategies To Market And Sell Your Products And Services On Nairaland - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 6 Valuable Strategies To Market And Sell Your Products And Services On Nairaland (1626 Views)

Strategies To Optimize Tax Compliance For Business Owners / List Of Verified Sellers Of Products And Services On Nairaland... Add Yours!!! / Ghana Cedis Valuable Than Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Valuable Strategies To Market And Sell Your Products And Services On Nairaland by inspire101(m): 9:56am On Sep 23, 2012
I have discovered that many people do not know how to market or sell their products and services on nairaland.Some even go as far as destroying their personal and product image….Let me ask you...How do you feel when you are following an interesting topic or thread and you see a post like this one “YOU CAN NOW BUY YOUR BULK SMS FROM LADI CHUKWU” PLEASE CALL 0801234567890. grin

I don’t know about you but I see that kind of person like a nuisance….if we want to be modest, maybe we should call him a pest! I am sure you don’t ever want to be perceived as a pest. When you are here on an online platform like nairaland.…kindly remember that people don’t know you, don't know what you have or don’t have…so it’s important that you know that you need to create the right perception…..You have the choice of creating how people see you. You can trust me on this, no one would buy your product or service if you are NOT "perceived properly"....So, let me ask you now….How are you “perceived” here?

I have outlined 6 valuable strategies that can help you create a good perception (Brand)….this of course is the number one reason why anyone would buy from you invariably. Do enjoy!

1. Focus on giving valuable information: Giving out valuable information on a topic related to your field is a valuable way of getting a message out there. Don’t create any information in a bid to sell, it is shallow, myopic and manipulative! Many people perceive the person they receive valuable information from as an “expert”. Give, give and keep giving value as if you do not expect anything back and watch the way people would start looking for you.

2. Use an exciting topic: You must look out for catchwords and phrases that would ignite peoples’ interest before they would even click your topic. Every internet user is being hit with a billion and one byte of information every second and they do not have the luxury of time to start clicking something they perceive as useless. Think like your reader, what problem do they have. What solution are they looking for? What information do I have that addresses that problem? Make your post as short as possible while delivering your message in simple English.

3. Sell immaterial items: You must understand that everyone of us is looking for an immaterial item. We are either looking for success, Wealth, happiness, Loving relationships, Knowledge, beauty, self-confidence etc If you must sell anything in your post, it must be an immaterial item. When we connect with the message…we then look for the channel that carries the message. Sell the message and people would ask you for the channel…Avoid selling your channel (Your product/service)....Selling your channel is cheap, it’s obvious and also dumb.

4. Have a consistent signature: Have a consistent signature that is a summary theme of what you stand for…it still helps to strengthen your message. Your message would have generated some curiosity and someone is already wondering what you do or how he can become your friend. Putting a weblink in your signature may not be a bad idea altogether but avoid putting it in your post cos this weakens your message and your reader begins to see your post as an advertisement.

5. Build a nice profile: Make sure your profile is an interesting read…Have a nice picture (showing your face help people connect with you faster). Make sure you don’t exaggerate your feats and achievements. Avoid bogus and vague words. Be modest enough to let people who come to look up your profile see you as a solution to their problems.

6. Be Consistent: Be consistent in delivering value. Showing up once in while in the forums does not help. Contribute to discussions wisely. People would sometimes read your posts, look at your topics before even dealing with you. No one wants to deal with a lousy and unwise businessman. Consistency with your words and thoughts communicate trust and integrity and I am sure you would agree with me that these are essential ingredients for business success.

Disclaimer: I have NOT used and tested all the above strategies. I just got registered here on September 10, 2012. I came up with these strategies by just studying the forum. I stand to be corrected if I made silly assumptions or anecdotes + I’ll gladly take 100% responsibility for them.

Testimonial: I made this post https://www.nairaland.com/1054816/5-proven-tips-multi-millionaire-nigeria yesterday morning Friday, 21st September 2012 and it has had Over 9,000views in just 48hours.

I guess it was strategy 1, 2 and 3 that gave me this result. I hope to still put strategy 4, 5 and 6 to practice as the days go by.

Thanks for reading and do have an inspired day! wink

4 Likes

Re: 6 Valuable Strategies To Market And Sell Your Products And Services On Nairaland by DAvIt0(m): 2:23pm On Sep 23, 2012
#following

Cool post @inspirer tnx for this
Re: 6 Valuable Strategies To Market And Sell Your Products And Services On Nairaland by legalwealth(m): 6:04pm On Sep 23, 2012
inspire101: I have discovered that many people do not know how to market or sell their products and services on nairaland.Some even go as far as destroying their personal and product image….Let me ask you...How do you feel when you are following an interesting topic or thread and you see a post like this one “YOU CAN NOW BUY YOUR BULK SMS FROM LADI CHUKWU” PLEASE CALL 0801234567890. grin

I don’t know about you but I see that kind of person like a nuisance….if we want to be modest, maybe we should call him a pest! I am sure you don’t ever want to be perceived as a pest. When you are here on an online platform like nairaland.…kindly remember that people don’t know you, don't know what you have or don’t have…so it’s important that you know that you need to create the right perception…..You have the choice of creating how people see you. You can trust me on this, no one would buy your product or service if you are NOT "perceived properly"....So, let me ask you now….How are you “perceived” here?

I have outlined 6 valuable strategies that can help you create a good perception (Brand)….this of course is the number one reason why anyone would buy from you invariably. Do enjoy!

1. Focus on giving valuable information: Giving out valuable information on a topic related to your field is a valuable way of getting a message out there. Don’t create any information in a bid to sell, it is shallow, myopic and manipulative! Many people perceive the person they receive valuable information from as an “expert”. Give, give and keep giving value as if you do not expect anything back and watch the way people would start looking for you.

2. Use an exciting topic: You must look out for catchwords and phrases that would ignite peoples’ interest before they would even click your topic. Every internet user is being hit with a billion and one byte of information every second and they do not have the luxury of time to start clicking something they perceive as useless. Think like your reader, what problem do they have. What solution are they looking for? What information do I have that addresses that problem? Make your post as short as possible while delivering your message in simple English.

3. Sell immaterial items: You must understand that everyone of us is looking for an immaterial item. We are either looking for success, Wealth, happiness, Loving relationships, Knowledge, beauty, self-confidence etc If you must sell anything in your post, it must be an immaterial item. When we connect with the message…we then look for the channel that carries the message. Sell the message and people would ask you for the channel…Avoid selling your channel (Your product/service)....Selling your channel is cheap, it’s obvious and also dumb.

4. Have a consistent signature: Have a consistent signature that is a summary theme of what you stand for…it still helps to strengthen your message. Your message would have generated some curiosity and someone is already wondering what you do or how he can become your friend. Putting a weblink in your signature may not be a bad idea altogether but avoid putting it in your post cos this weakens your message and your reader begins to see your post as an advertisement.

5. Build a nice profile: Make sure your profile is an interesting read…Have a nice picture (showing your face help people connect with you faster). Make sure you don’t exaggerate your feats and achievements. Avoid bogus and vague words. Be modest enough to let people who come to look up your profile see you as a solution to their problems.

6. Be Consistent: Be consistent in delivering value. Showing up once in while in the forums does not help. Contribute to discussions wisely. People would sometimes read your posts, look at your topics before even dealing with you. No one wants to deal with a lousy and unwise businessman. Consistency with your words and thoughts communicate trust and integrity and I am sure you would agree with me that these are essential ingredients for business success.

Disclaimer: I have NOT used and tested all the above strategies. I just got registered here on September 10, 2012. I came up with these strategies by just studying the forum. I stand to be corrected if I made silly assumptions or anecdotes + I’ll gladly take 100% responsibility for them.

Testimonial: I made this post https://www.nairaland.com/1054816/5-proven-tips-multi-millionaire-nigeria yesterday morning Friday, 21st September 2012 and it has had Over 9,000views in just 48hours.

I guess it was strategy 1, 2 and 3 that gave me this result. I hope to still put strategy 4, 5 and 6 to practice as the days go by.

Thanks for reading and do have an inspired day! wink

Cool and nice.
Re: 6 Valuable Strategies To Market And Sell Your Products And Services On Nairaland by jossy26: 6:25pm On Sep 23, 2012
@OP, so should we worship you cos ur newly posted topic got 9000 views in 24hours Dana air crash got over 50,000 views in 10mins so your claims no make any sense to me.
You already posted some lovely tips on online adverts and marketing but your “trumpet blowing” thread doesn't count at all
Re: 6 Valuable Strategies To Market And Sell Your Products And Services On Nairaland by Nobody: 1:09am On Sep 24, 2012
legalwealth:

Cool and nice.
You quoted the whole post just to say that?...Dafty
Re: 6 Valuable Strategies To Market And Sell Your Products And Services On Nairaland by citypulseng(m): 2:50am On Sep 24, 2012
Not bad for a starter. Youare very muchon course, friend. Don't bother yourself listening to distractors or so immature guys. Just continue doing your thing Jor!... Check me out on: citypulseng..com
Re: 6 Valuable Strategies To Market And Sell Your Products And Services On Nairaland by legalwealth(m): 1:53pm On Sep 24, 2012
citypulseng: Not bad for a starter. Youare very muchon course, friend. Don't bother yourself listening to distractors or so immature guys. Just continue doing your thing Jor!... Check me out on: citypulseng..com

O se for the encouragement eventhough the pal wan dey proof ...
Re: 6 Valuable Strategies To Market And Sell Your Products And Services On Nairaland by legalwealth(m): 1:54pm On Sep 24, 2012
the.game:
You quoted the whole post just to say that?...Dafty

I got some senses in the update and by so brought it forward in quote so that people that cannot see plain writeups can see coloured ones.

I've I answered you?

Best of luck..
Re: 6 Valuable Strategies To Market And Sell Your Products And Services On Nairaland by dejiswaggs(m): 7:14pm On Sep 24, 2012
thank you mr Poster I really learned a lot of things form you post ooohhh! cheesy
Re: 6 Valuable Strategies To Market And Sell Your Products And Services On Nairaland by KingsleyOGBITI(m): 9:35pm On Sep 24, 2012
Nice post
For me i have a nice signature.
Re: 6 Valuable Strategies To Market And Sell Your Products And Services On Nairaland by Tinasky: 8:10am On Sep 25, 2012
nice one, will try it
Re: 6 Valuable Strategies To Market And Sell Your Products And Services On Nairaland by Nobody: 9:17am On Oct 30, 2012
coolInvest 1500, make 15000 daily! Register thru the link on my signature cool
Re: 6 Valuable Strategies To Market And Sell Your Products And Services On Nairaland by Nobody: 7:12am On Nov 09, 2012
Your post on how to become a multimillionaire got 9,000 views within 48 hours because it was put on the front page and not because of any of the above strategies.

But these are ver good point I must say.
Re: 6 Valuable Strategies To Market And Sell Your Products And Services On Nairaland by Sunreb(m): 2:07am On Aug 26, 2022
Good Job You Sir.

(1) (Reply)

Make $10 To $20 Daily With CPM / Partners / Investors for lucrative Business / Find Ikeja Lagos Zip Code Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.