Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,081 members, 7,821,719 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:12 PM

MODS In The Culture Section Destroyed The Most Important Section On NL - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / MODS In The Culture Section Destroyed The Most Important Section On NL (3088 Views)

Noise About Abobaku Online.....the Culture Has Been Abolished Years Ago. / The Culture Lounge / *~ Ifyalways Voted Culture Section Poster Of 2012*~ Congratulations! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

MODS In The Culture Section Destroyed The Most Important Section On NL by Nobody: 3:37pm On Sep 24, 2012
The culture section is the most important and educative section on the forum, but Odumchi has single-handedly destroyed this section with his nepotism and negligence... I had to get this out there because this section made me register on NL and subsequently made NL my favourite forum on the internet...

I discovered NL whilst searching for Yoruba and Benin architectures on google last December, after reading a book about the history of Nigerian cultures... My discovery of NL and some of the educative/educational threads made me an instant fan of the forum... And my first two months on this forum were arguably the best two months in my quest for diverse views on Nigerian cultures/history... I was able to read more than 100 threads and posts, from different posters(both intelligent and ignorant), and I decided to register after that..

Odumchi, if you can't do your job properly, can you please resign and let someone else do the job?? Honestly, I'm tired of the obsession with my handle - this section isn't about me, it's about Nigerian culture... However, I'm a Briton, and I'm loving every bit of it because it's banter to me - but Nigerian culture(s) is bigger than me...

Please, let's get back to why this section was created and do your job, Odumchi...

Example of what they turned the Culture Section into, and I wasn't even on thread lol: https://www.nairaland.com/1025026/describe-country-one-word

4 Likes

Re: MODS In The Culture Section Destroyed The Most Important Section On NL by Nobody: 4:20pm On Sep 24, 2012
For once i definitely agree with something you have to say.

But dont be too hard on the mods.
Me and you among others are to blame for OUR part.
This is exactly why i left the romance section to begin with because it became garbage.

But at the same time, I know some of these mods deliberately try to appease the need to witness drama.

Case in point: one left the thread from last night with all the arguing as it was and put it on the front page. If that is not careless i dont know what is. tongue
Re: MODS In The Culture Section Destroyed The Most Important Section On NL by tpia5: 4:20pm On Sep 24, 2012
And my first two months on this forum were arguably the best two months of my life

ok.
Re: MODS In The Culture Section Destroyed The Most Important Section On NL by Nobody: 4:44pm On Sep 24, 2012
tpia@:

ok.

Don't take my words out of context and make me sound like a lunatic...

BEST TWO MONTHS OF MY LIFE IN MY QUEST FOR KNOWLEDGE ABOUT NIGERIAN CULTURES/HISTORY!!!
Re: MODS In The Culture Section Destroyed The Most Important Section On NL by Nobody: 4:47pm On Sep 24, 2012
*Kails*:
For once i definitely agree with something you have to say.

But dont be hard on the mods.
Me and you among others are to blame for our part.
This is exactly why i left the romance section to begin with becaause it became garbage.

I know some of these mods deliberately try to appease the need to witness drama.

Case in point: one left the thread from last night with all the arguing as it was and put it on the front page. If that is not careless i dont know what is. tongue

But was I on the thread? You started the whole drama by name-dropping my handle..

If you can't deal with whoever you've got a problem with, ignore them, and stop bringing my handle into what has nothing to do with me...

I'm too old for this madness - you guys need to grow up!! undecided undecided
Re: MODS In The Culture Section Destroyed The Most Important Section On NL by Nobody: 4:56pm On Sep 24, 2012
shymexx:

But was I on the thread? You started the whole drama by name-dropping my handle..

If you can't deal with whoever you've got a problem with, ignore them, and stop bringing my handle into what has nothing to do with me...

I'm too old for this madness - you guys need to grow up!! undecided undecided

Um maybe you need to go back, read the thread and see how it got started. If you aint shollypops (which is kinda,hard not to believe) then my bad. As a woman i will take everything i said back.

Just like you did when the shyt went down woth the pix. You popped off and dedicated a thread apologizing to me the next day. but i have noticed you cosigning the trick and making slick remarks on several occasions hence my belief you two are one in the same. At the end of the day we are all grown.

Its all irrelevant tho.

So like you said we can make efforts to avoid each other. I will keep you out of my posts and vice versa. Again if,you aint sholly then my bad. And as far as YOU, i dont have beef with you.
Re: MODS In The Culture Section Destroyed The Most Important Section On NL by ezotik: 4:59pm On Sep 24, 2012
lol...a troll complaining about getting trolled...wonders sha never end. grin grin

but i agree with the thread though because of the way he banned this id some time ago.

and i actually laid a complaint against him that he should be removed...but i guess the powers that be tossed it in the garbage.
Re: MODS In The Culture Section Destroyed The Most Important Section On NL by Nobody: 5:07pm On Sep 24, 2012
*Kails*:

Um maybe you need to go back, read the thread and see how it got started. If you aint shollypops (which is kinda,hard not to believe) then my bad. As a woman i will take everything i said back.

Just like you did when the shyt went down woth the pix. You popped off and dedicated a thread apologizing to me the next day. but i have noticed you cosigning the trick and making slick remarks on several occasions hence my belief you two are one in the same. At the end of the day we are all grown.

Its all irrelevant tho.

So like you said we can make efforts to avoid each other. I will keep you out of my posts and vice versa. Again if,you aint sholly then my bad. And as far as YOU, i dont have beef with you.

It's obvious I'm not shollypops, and everyone on NL knows that... The whole NL e-beef is getting boring now and it's messing up the forum as well... I didn't join this forum to get into petty back and forth with people, I joined to ask questions and converse with people I can learn from... I've been getting attacked since the first week I registered, hence why I attack people back... But I've re-adjusted a little bit since my real handle was banned for life - and learned to get along with people on here, except a few snakey posters I don't like conversing with...

It's a virtual world and we'll never meet 99.9999999% of all the posters on NL - so what's the fuss about

1 Like

Re: MODS In The Culture Section Destroyed The Most Important Section On NL by Nobody: 5:07pm On Sep 24, 2012
ezotik: lol...a troll complaining about getting trolled...wonders sha never end. grin grin

but i agree with the thread though because of the way he banned this id some time ago.

and i actually laid a complaint against him that he should be removed...but i guess the powers that be tossed it in the garbage.

How am I a troll?

Can you explain that?
Re: MODS In The Culture Section Destroyed The Most Important Section On NL by ezotik: 5:16pm On Sep 24, 2012
shymexx:

How am I a troll?

Can you explain that?

because u are trolling ryt now.

btw, u are briton now and 'loving every bit of it'? what happened to your ijebu ancestry that u are proud of? coz i cant find it anywhere in the OP

but goodluck with ur quest.
Re: MODS In The Culture Section Destroyed The Most Important Section On NL by Nobody: 5:18pm On Sep 24, 2012
ezotik:
because u are trolling ryt now.

btw, u are briton now and 'loving every bit of it'? what happened to your ijebu ancestry that u are proud of? coz i cant see it anywhere in the OP

but goodluck with ur quest.

Lmao... I'm Ijebu but I can't deny where I was raised and my sense of humour, can I??
Re: MODS In The Culture Section Destroyed The Most Important Section On NL by ezeagu(m): 6:04pm On Sep 24, 2012
I don't see how this is the problem of the moderators, you didn't really point out why. This section has been dying since at least last year, and I'm also one who signed up particularly because of Culture (no offense, but you can get better discussions on everything else except politics on any other forum). I once joked that the Politics section killed the Culture section, but obviously this isn't completely a joke. Many of the posters and frequent thread openers of Culture started migrating towards Politics after the popularity of that section started to outshine culture because many of the threads there promoted to the front page were clearly supposed to be from this section. I think it's the issue of raising awareness of this section through the front page that is the issue. The people who run the site are more interested in promoting political/financial threads than cultural ones.
Re: MODS In The Culture Section Destroyed The Most Important Section On NL by Nobody: 6:24pm On Sep 24, 2012
tpia@:

ok.
Lol!grin

shymexx:

It's obvious I'm not shollypops, and everyone on NL knows that... The whole NL e-beef is getting boring now and it's messing up the forum as well... I didn't join this forum to get into petty back and forth with people, I joined to ask questions and converse with people I can learn from... I've been getting attacked since the first week I registered, hence why I attack people back... But I've re-adjusted a little bit since my real handle was banned for life - and learned to get along with people on here, except a few snakey posters I don't like conversing with...

It's a virtual world and we'll never meet 99.9999999% of all the posters on NL - so what's the fuss about

Awwwww.cheesy grin
Re: MODS In The Culture Section Destroyed The Most Important Section On NL by Nobody: 6:29pm On Sep 24, 2012
stillwater: Lol!grin

Awwwww.cheesy grin

Lmao... Stop teasing me. undecided

You might be the only poster I'll meet outside NL... wink
Re: MODS In The Culture Section Destroyed The Most Important Section On NL by Nobody: 7:06pm On Sep 24, 2012
shymexx:

I cosign to this entire post.

No i wont meet anyone on nld and never have...youre right about that so there is no need to get emotional and to care really.

Again my bad. Its just that a few members were talking added with your history of creating multiple ids and denying them lolz all made it easier to believe you two were one in the same.

Too much wierd shyt that didnt and still dont add up....

But i will take your word for it and do something i have NEVER done and never will again, and offer my humble apology to you and your momz. Lol. I didnt have the right to go there since u are not the other person.

wink
Re: MODS In The Culture Section Destroyed The Most Important Section On NL by Nobody: 7:12pm On Sep 24, 2012
ezeagu: I don't see how this is the problem of the moderators, you didn't really point out why. This section has been dying since at least last year, and I'm also one who signed up particularly because of Culture (no offense, but you can get better discussions on everything else except politics on any other forum). I once joked that the Politics section killed the Culture section, but obviously this isn't completely a joke. Many of the posters and frequent thread openers of Culture started migrating towards Politics after the popularity of that section started to outshine culture because many of the threads there promoted to the front page were clearly supposed to be from this section. I think it's the issue of raising awareness of this section through the front page that is the issue. The people who run the site are more interested in promoting political/financial threads than cultural ones.

You forgot to mention the ppl from the romance section started coming on here too and derailing/instigating on threads.

Edited.
Re: MODS In The Culture Section Destroyed The Most Important Section On NL by Nobody: 8:32pm On Sep 24, 2012
Culture Section fell off when they Moved the Beauty Threads.
Re: MODS In The Culture Section Destroyed The Most Important Section On NL by Nobody: 9:22pm On Sep 24, 2012
~Royal~:

Thats true too.
Seun said they were "too s3xual" grin
Re: MODS In The Culture Section Destroyed The Most Important Section On NL by ezotik: 9:28pm On Sep 24, 2012
~Royal~:

culture section fell off when andre uweh who was holding down for the igbos, negro nations for the yorubas, physics for the edos and pagan 9ja for the hausas stopped posting regularly. when they were active we all gravitated towards what they had to say with our 2cents...and the section flourished. altho pagan is still a regular he is more interested in fighting akatas than post about his people. and the nail on the coffin was dem stupid beauty threads, people lost focus and started staring at women.. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: MODS In The Culture Section Destroyed The Most Important Section On NL by AndreUweh(m): 10:51pm On Sep 24, 2012
^^^
we are not encouraged to start threads or post here regularly by the admins. Most of the topics we deal with does not get to the frontpage while we watch illelevant threads make it up there all the time.
Look at that thread by Ezeagu on ancient Nigerian buildings, painting and acrchitecture and compare it with what you see in the frontpage. As a result of poor patronage, he single handedly ran that page to where it is today.No wan wants to to do that all on his/her own.

1 Like

Re: MODS In The Culture Section Destroyed The Most Important Section On NL by Nobody: 10:54pm On Sep 24, 2012
Andre Uweh: ^^^
we are not encouraged to start threads or post here regularly by the admins. Most of the topics we deal with does not get to the frontpage while we watch illelevant threads make it up there all the time.
Look at that thread by Ezeagu on ancient Nigerian buildings, painting and acrchitecture and compare it with what you see in the frontpage. As a result of poor patronage, he single handedly ran that page to where it is today.No wan wants to to do that all on his/her own.

That's Odumchi's fault... Other mods recommend topics for frontpage but that's something Odumchi is allergic to..

Blame Odumchi for that...
Re: MODS In The Culture Section Destroyed The Most Important Section On NL by ifyalways(f): 11:07pm On Sep 24, 2012
^^ that's not true and you know it. They (odumchi and Michelin) created a thread where members here can recommend threads to be pushed to the homepage.
Re: MODS In The Culture Section Destroyed The Most Important Section On NL by tpia5: 11:21pm On Sep 24, 2012
culture section fell off when andre uweh who was holding down for the igbos, negro nations for the yorubas, physics for the edos and pagan 9ja for the hausas stopped posting regularly.

never seen a more incorrect statement since i joined nl.

may i ask you if you were the one who appointed people as sole spokesperson/s for their various tribes?

unless there are individual yoruba, edo, igbo and hausa sections on nl where seun specifically said only certain people should hold sway,your statement is extremely misleading.

cultural discussions on nl arent the exclusive preserve of any one person, hence the abundance of misinformation we see on this site.

anybody is allowed to post, and oftentimes serious threads get derailed by some who think they know more than others when in actual fact all they're doing is mixing wild fairytales with implausible fiction.

I'm not saying negro falls into this category, but people get tired of trying to correct the wild cards with the menagerie of disney-esque fables who have more energy and incentive to push their blahblahblah than ordinary folks without an agenda but who know their onions. No need to name names. That is the reason for the silence you are noticing. To the best of my knowledge, Negro does not do that (ie abandon such threads)- instead he believes in opening doors of discussion for every point of view.

basically, my point is there are other posters of note, in culture section, than just the three you named.

I'm not a fan of sycophancy ie nl naming conventions, hence my post. undecided Things like that undermine genuine research.

when they were active we all gravitated towards what they had to say with our 2cents

if you want to admire them, just say so without mincing words, its not a crime to state your opinion.

well, i can definitely agree with you about physics anyway- he certainly is the spokesperson for binis on nl.

andre uweh is for igbos no doubt, but he's not the only one posting on igbo related matters in the section.
Re: MODS In The Culture Section Destroyed The Most Important Section On NL by odumchi: 12:17am On Sep 25, 2012
shymexx: The culture section is the most important and educative section on the forum, but Odumchi has single-handedly destroyed this section with his nepotism and negligence... I had to get this out there because this section made me register on NL and subsequently made NL my favourite forum on the internet...

I discovered NL whilst searching for Yoruba and Benin architectures on google last December, after reading a book about the history of Nigerian cultures... My discovery of NL and some of the educative/educational threads made me an instant fan of the forum... And my first two months on this forum were arguably the best two months in my quest for diverse views on Nigerian cultures/history... I was able to read more than 100 threads and posts, from different posters(both intelligent and ignorant), and I decided to register after that..

Odumchi, if you can't do your job properly, can you please resign and let someone else do the job?? Honestly, I'm tired of the obsession with my handle - this section isn't about me, it's about Nigerian culture... However, I'm a Briton, and I'm loving every bit of it because it's banter to me - but Nigerian culture(s) is bigger than me...

Please, let get back to why this section was created and do your job, Odumchi...

Example of what they turned the Culture Section into, and I wasn't even on thread lol: https://www.nairaland.com/1025026/describe-country-one-word

Honestly, this is nothing more than misplaced banter.

Based on my observations, I've concluded that you're complaining because your personality was mentioned in that thread (which has yet to be cleaned). Instead of constantly blaming us [moderators] for every woe, you can always take a minute to appreaciate the time and energy that we have invested in order to make this section a better place.

Please, if you have anything to say against me or my co-mod, please bring up clear and specific examples.
Re: MODS In The Culture Section Destroyed The Most Important Section On NL by ezotik: 12:22am On Sep 25, 2012
lol..tufia whats up with the long speech? i never knew someone like u would take what i say so seriously.. grin or u are just mad i didnt mention u? grin u should have kindly asked instead of the long irrelevant essay.

never seen a more incorrect statement since i joined nl.

unlike u who have been here since the inception of nl, i joined last year so i dont see how u expected my statment to reflect what u feel is correct. besides, i cant honestly remember anytime we have agreed on anything.

may i ask you if you were the one who appointed people as sole spokesperson/s for their various tribes?

yes.

unless there are individual yoruba, edo, igbo and hausa sections on nl where seun specifically said only certain people should hold sway,your statement is extremely misleading.

how and why?

anybody is allowed to post, and oftentimes serious threads get derailed by some who think they know more than others when in actual fact all they're doing is mixing wild fairytales with implausible fiction.

and the wild fairytales leads to discussion where different sides of the story are put toward by other users.

I'm not saying negro falls into this category, but people get tired of trying to correct the wild cards with the menagerie of disney-esque fables who have more energy and incentive to push their blahblahblah than ordinary folks without an agenda but who know their onions. No need to name names. That is the reason for the silence you are noticing. To the best of my knowledge, Negro does not do that (ie abandon such threads)- instead he believes in opening doors of discussion for every point of view.

ok, so why are u whining? isn't that the purpose of a 'forum?'

basically, my point is there are other posters of note, in culture section, than just the three you named

so why dont u name them? if u name three more like i did, that will make it 6 abi? so what's stopping u? too proud becoz u have an e-ego to protect?

I'm not a fan of sycophancy ie nl naming conventions, hence my post. Things like that undermine genuine research.

of course u are, if not u would not have been bothered under the guise that it 'undermines genuine research' or u think people who come here are not bright enough to form their own opinions about what they read here?

if you want to admire them, just say so without mincing words, its not a crime to state your opinion.

in case u didnt notice, i have already stated my 2cents.

well, i can certainly agree with you about physics anyway- he certainly is the spokesperson for binis on nl.

good.

andre uweh is for igbos no doubt, but he's not the only one posting on igbo related matters in the section.

ohh, genius thanks for letting me know. but why u expected me to name all of them is beyond me. but i guess to u, thats not sychophancy..
Re: MODS In The Culture Section Destroyed The Most Important Section On NL by odumchi: 12:30am On Sep 25, 2012
shymexx:

That's Odumchi's fault... Other mods recommend topics for frontpage but that's something Odumchi is allergic to..

Blame Odumchi for that...

People need to realize that as moderators our jobs aren't easy. We are not ominiscient, as we sometimes require the assistance of you board frequenters in order to identify and solve problems.

It's obvious that the Culture section is marginalized in terms of home page representation, and as a result, Michelin and I have been doing a lot of behind-the-scenes work in order to help make things "more equal" or at least the way they are supposed to be.

Threads like these have been created for the sole purpose of using you guys' opinions to improve this section and to get more of your threads on the home page:

https://www.nairaland.com/986799/drop-suggestions-improving-culture-section

https://www.nairaland.com/1004554/promoting-culture-board-frontpage

However, if no one takes advantage of them, we can't do anything about that. Our involvement with the homepage threads are limited and if you guys don't suggest what you'd like to see on the homepage to us, then we can't be blamed when we make those decisions.
Re: MODS In The Culture Section Destroyed The Most Important Section On NL by ezeagu(m): 2:31am On Sep 25, 2012
*Kails*:

Thats true too.
Seun said they were "too s3xual" grin

The owners feel the word chicken breast is too sexual.
Re: MODS In The Culture Section Destroyed The Most Important Section On NL by Nobody: 10:26am On Sep 25, 2012
If dat skeezy ho does not mention Shollypopz she'll die, it's like she has to keep mentioning my ID to keep her existence.

@Shymmex: Why u dey vex for Odumchi??! He is not d reason ur name was mentioned @ all undecided I'm not really familiar with the mods on here but I knw they are more lenient than d mods in d romance section angry
When u talk to that cheap thing, keep my name out of ur post too. I don tlk my own, I no go hesitate to scatter this thread ooooo
Re: MODS In The Culture Section Destroyed The Most Important Section On NL by Nobody: 11:56am On Sep 25, 2012
lol @ the royal infatuated dyke following me around this bytch and talking about mentioning names.

If i want to mention any names on this forum i will do it with the quickness BELIEVE IT.

SHOLLYPOPS.....SHOLLYPOPS...SHOLLYPOPS.

Lol@ scatter the thread wtf can you say other than repeat the same tired lines? Amazing she actually thinks i am intimidated.

Loooooool.

Scatter the thread trick be my mf guest. grin
Re: MODS In The Culture Section Destroyed The Most Important Section On NL by Nobody: 12:00pm On Sep 25, 2012
ezeagu:

The owners feel the word chicken breast is too sexual.

Lol and depending on the users fetish he just might be right lipsrsealed grin
Re: MODS In The Culture Section Destroyed The Most Important Section On NL by Nobody: 12:39pm On Sep 25, 2012
Lol @ deleting my response.

To the mod.
Clap for yourself.
Re: MODS In The Culture Section Destroyed The Most Important Section On NL by Nobody: 1:52pm On Sep 25, 2012
undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Happy Yoruba New Year! / How To Make Bead Wedding Pearl Jewelry Sets With Seed Beads By Your Own Hand. / About The Itsekiris Of Delta State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.