Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,114 members, 7,849,476 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 10:18 PM

Access Bank's MD In Office For Over 10 Years: Why? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Access Bank's MD In Office For Over 10 Years: Why? (13980 Views)

Dangote To Build Cement Factory In Adamawa, Over 10,000 Jobs To Be Created / Oti Ikomi Resigns As Keystone Bank MD / Erastus Akingbola: Fmr Intercontinental Bank MD Freed Over ₦47.1B Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Access Bank's MD In Office For Over 10 Years: Why? by merteeny(m): 10:23pm On Sep 24, 2012
Hope2015: 10years In Office For Nigerian Banks' MDs/CEOs: Why Is Access Bank An Exemption?

The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) sometimes in 2010 or so, issued a circular that the MDs/CEOs of Nigerian Banks shall no longer spend more than 10 years in office as part of the efforts to sanitize the prevailing abuses in the banking sector,. One year after this circular, a number of banks namely Zenith, UBA and Skye Banks lost their MDs/CEOs to this policy.

It is however surprising to note that the current MD/CEO of Access Bank has spent more than the 10 years stipulated by the CBN policy. Is it that he is immune from the policy? Worrisome is the fact that, no single media in Nigeria has even raised the issue! Is it a case of oversight or deliberate attempt to look elsewhere? Well, maybe it is a case of all animals are equal but some are more equal than the others after all, he appears to be GEJ’s boy!
Hope2015: 10years In Office For Nigerian Banks' MDs/CEOs: Why Is Access Bank An Exemption?

The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) sometimes in 2010 or so, issued a circular that the MDs/CEOs of Nigerian Banks shall no longer spend more than 10 years in office as part of the efforts to sanitize the prevailing abuses in the banking sector,. One year after this circular, a number of banks namely Zenith, UBA and Skye Banks lost their MDs/CEOs to this policy.

It is however surprising to note that the current MD/CEO of Access Bank has spent more than the 10 years stipulated by the CBN policy. Is it that he is immune from the policy? Worrisome is the fact that, no single media in Nigeria has even raised the issue! Is it a case of oversight or deliberate attempt to look elsewhere? Well, maybe it is a case of all animals are equal but some are more equal than the others after all, he appears to be GEJ’s boy!
How that one com use concern you. Do you have any allegations against him? I see say na brain tumor dey worry you for there. Better mind your biz & think out how you'll be successful. Leave another man's life alone ooooo.
Re: Access Bank's MD In Office For Over 10 Years: Why? by Nobody: 10:26pm On Sep 24, 2012
acidtalk:

No! na one community Esusu bank for cambodia.

WHen will you guys actually start 'stealing' brains if you can't afford to buy one for a transplant to be done on you?

Man, That's Harsh. You know the penalty for that? grin
Re: Access Bank's MD In Office For Over 10 Years: Why? by Pukkah: 10:36pm On Sep 24, 2012
merteeny:
How that one com use concern you. Do you have any allegations against him? I see say na brain tumor dey worry you for there. Better mind your biz & think out how you'll be successful. Leave another man's life alone ooooo.

I find your reasoning fallacious and invalid. This is one of the reasons the black man continues to lag behind in everything and wallow in poverty and under-development. So you think it does not concern him if one man is exempted from a CBN policy that was put in place for a reason? Or you do not know the significance of banks as it relates to depositors' funds and monetary policies of our country?

You came down so hard on him but alas you failed to display superior reasoning. You did not examine or debate the message but you hastily, and lazily, went for the messenger's jugular. Listen, whistle blowing is one of the ways to entrench good corporate governance in private and public institutions.

1 Like

Re: Access Bank's MD In Office For Over 10 Years: Why? by bankyblue(m): 10:41pm On Sep 24, 2012
val_dubem: Access Bank, na nigerian bank?
u re such a big F! U need to read wide and no more about ur current affairs. Mumu
Re: Access Bank's MD In Office For Over 10 Years: Why? by Demdem(m): 11:25pm On Sep 24, 2012
DICKtator:

I just checked out a blog http://aigbojeaig-imoukhuede..com/ that states that he became the M.D. of Access in 2002 and like someone earlier claimed, It was documented officially 2yrs later. So he may not leave till 2013/2014. He is a very good and astute banker.
@op: Did his Subsidy report indict your companycabal? #Justasking
grin grin grin grin

Actually, AIG family has serious ties and substantial interest among subsidy thieves. Mere placing him the head of that committee itself rubbishes whatever they come up with.
Re: Access Bank's MD In Office For Over 10 Years: Why? by Shalome(m): 12:33am On Sep 25, 2012
bankyblue:
u re such a big F! U need to read wide and no more about ur current affairs. Mumu
U Need to Read and No more...WTF...Who's the mumu here?
Re: Access Bank's MD In Office For Over 10 Years: Why? by hardeihorlar(f): 1:36am On Sep 25, 2012
ebamma: wetin concern us for dis mata,if him like make him serve for 100 years that wan na dia wahala
how can u say it doesnt concern u? Datz y we r nt getin anywia. Dis I DONT CARE ATTITUDE has 2 stop
Re: Access Bank's MD In Office For Over 10 Years: Why? by Hemanwel(m): 5:39am On Sep 25, 2012
Make una leave my papa broda alone oh!
Schweppesss!!!...
Devu dey craze
Person start to dey 'chew' ACCESS money for 2004,OP n his/her cohorts(bad belle pple,enemies of progres),say na 2002.
Una nor like as ACCESS tey swallow INTERCONTINENTAL??
@OP...E b like say ur winsh na 'Tear Rubber'?...WEYREY!!!
Re: Access Bank's MD In Office For Over 10 Years: Why? by Tattooboy: 5:57am On Sep 25, 2012
ebamma: wetin concern us for dis mata,if him like make him serve for 100 years that wan na dia wahala
it does concern me cuz my daily bread presently rely on dis institution.
Re: Access Bank's MD In Office For Over 10 Years: Why? by Boa4u: 6:24am On Sep 25, 2012
Hmmmmmmm mbom ooooooooo nigerian with jelousy waiting concern unna Akpa idem
Re: Access Bank's MD In Office For Over 10 Years: Why? by Nobody: 6:37am On Sep 25, 2012
@OP, WTF is your concern? The man knew his onions and that's why he is still there till now or are you envying him.

But wait out of all banks na access banks MD you pick out, it seems you are paid to criticise the man here huh, its normal for you guys to fight against anyone that stands against the subsidy thiefs
Re: Access Bank's MD In Office For Over 10 Years: Why? by Pukkah: 7:10am On Sep 25, 2012
gboss4sure: @OP, WTF is your concern? The man knew his onions and that's why he is still there till now or are you envying him.

But wait out of all banks na access banks MD you pick out, it seems you are paid to criticise the man here huh, its normal for you guys to fight against anyone that stands against the subsidy thiefs

Are you aware that several other bank MDs and even Chairmen that were not less competent have left their banks because of this same CBN directive to which the OP is calling attention? For example, do you know why Jim Ovia and Tony Elumelu stepped aside from Zenith Bank and UBA respectively? Do you know why Oba Otudeko left as First Bank's Chairman?

I am not after what the OP's motive is but he has raised a valid point. Attack his point and not his person.
Re: Access Bank's MD In Office For Over 10 Years: Why? by maxproxl: 7:36am On Sep 25, 2012

What a funny question.how come u don't know access bank. One of nigeria's biggest banks. Even before they acquired intercontinental bank, access bank was very strong and visible.
Its important to note that the founders are former GTBank boys so am not suprised by their success story.

To respond to the poster. AIG Imoukhuede the access ceo still has 2 more years. In a nutshell sanusi's power shld be limited by the presidency. why make ceo's step down after 10years. He should learn from europe and america. Strong companies have been able to achieve constant growth because of leadership stability. A good ceo should be allowed to continue until the board of directors decides for a change.

Sanusi is sick and going beyond his limits
Re: Access Bank's MD In Office For Over 10 Years: Why? by kaboninc(m): 7:42am On Sep 25, 2012
No na. Na Biafran bank.
Re: Access Bank's MD In Office For Over 10 Years: Why? by kaboninc(m): 7:46am On Sep 25, 2012
merteeny:
With this kind of reasoning, you'll expect me to vote for you when you begin to campaign?
Re: Access Bank's MD In Office For Over 10 Years: Why? by jeddyMay(f): 7:46am On Sep 25, 2012
We are d leaders of tomorrow!!! Is either our teacher dey lie or the tomorrow neva land undecidedWe are d leaders of tomorrow!!! Is either our teacher dey lie or the tomorrow neva land

1 Like

Re: Access Bank's MD In Office For Over 10 Years: Why? by ideylaff: 8:04am On Sep 25, 2012
DICKtator:

I just checked out a blog http://aigbojeaig-imoukhuede..com/ that states that he became the M.D. of Access in 2002 and like someone earlier claimed, It was documented officially 2yrs later. So he may not leave till 2013/2014. He is a very good and astute banker.
@op: Did his Subsidy report indict your companycabal? #Justasking
grin grin grin grin

Astute banker for where, please don't be moved by the men in suits oooo. AIG has bn James Ibori money mover since ooooo. With Dere Otubu they are partners in crime big time
How they Access Bank swallowed Intercontinental Bank was very very shady as hell since they were even a debtor on the intercontinental bank loan books

Banking in nija is a huge cabal cover up. No industry or small and medium scale triving and Banks declaring huge profits

Hmmmm

AIG Na green snake under green grass end off don't be fooled
Re: Access Bank's MD In Office For Over 10 Years: Why? by Hemanwel(m): 8:12am On Sep 25, 2012
maxpro-xl:

What a funny question.how come u don't know access bank. One of nigeria's biggest banks. Even before they acquired intercontinental bank, access bank was very strong and visible.
Its important to note that the founders are former GTBank boys so am not suprised by their success story.

To respond to the poster. AIG Imoukhuede the access ceo still has 2 more years. In a nutshell sanusi's power shld be limited by the presidency. why make ceo's step down after 10years. He should learn from europe and america. Strong companies have been able to achieve constant growth because of leadership stability. A good ceo should be allowed to continue until the board of directors decides for a change.

Sanusi is sick and going beyond his limits
U've just reminded me of dis man(SANUSI).This guy's been comin up wit crazy policies wch ordinarily wudda sent Soludo packin,if he were stil CBN chief.
Check out these crazy policies:
1). Introductn of #5000 note.
2). An ATM dat will dispense coins
3). Discontinuity in d leadership of bank chiefs(even though dey performin excellently well).
4). Islamic Banking

Is Sanusi untouchable or wot?I think dis guy's power shud just b limited.
Re: Access Bank's MD In Office For Over 10 Years: Why? by valdubem(m): 8:19am On Sep 25, 2012
bankyblue:

For ur mind U dey lecture ma bah? For ur mind U sabi current affairs.
Re: Access Bank's MD In Office For Over 10 Years: Why? by valdubem(m): 8:23am On Sep 25, 2012
bankyblue:

I think I need to lecture U on hw Access Bank acquired intercontinental. And for ur info, not only do I knw more of current affairs than U, I am a graduate of B.SC Banking and finance. So u dnt need to tell me about banks
Re: Access Bank's MD In Office For Over 10 Years: Why? by enioladeran: 9:14am On Sep 25, 2012
wink shocked shocked shocked People at list wait for the man's official tenure to end before sending him out. And the CBN governor is a proud man, he would not have allowed him to extend his tenure. Also others waitin to attain no be mumu ooooooooo
Re: Access Bank's MD In Office For Over 10 Years: Why? by keeeem: 9:55am On Sep 25, 2012
Nigeria is a funny country. Even the youth who are supposed to be leaders of tomorrow have lost it for just a pot of pooh. Very unfortunate. Someone described Aig as an astute banker, an accomplished and I can do nothing but shake my head that we are a goner. Astute? Aig managed Access bank for 10 years and no significant growth. Fraudulently they acquired Intercontinental bank and the signs are there that the ant has carried sugar. Every aspect of the whole bank is failing because the bank has rookies all over the place. The performance of any bank MD is measured by the workforce. Has any of the commentators here bothered to talk to staff of that institution to perceive the atmosphere? Just a random sampling will reveal some things. A bank that calls people to management meeting at 6am on a monday morning? FBN with all the money the bank has does not meet 6am nor do they even do meetings from 6pm to 5am in the morning and still expect people in that session to be in the office by 8am. This is a theater of the absurd. In some few years to come by His grace Nairaland will still exist and we shall all come here to talk about Access Bank and we shall measure Aig again to know whether he is an astute banker or not. The house of lies that Sanusi built, only time will tell just as the intervention fund given to the Aviation industry has not made any meaningful impact. Where is the money Air Nigeria under Jimoh Ibrahim got? where is Arik's own? Where is Aero's own too? Astute bankers indeed

1 Like

Re: Access Bank's MD In Office For Over 10 Years: Why? by Kirinwa: 10:22am On Sep 25, 2012
more than the 10 years stipulated by the CBN policy. Is it that he is immune from the policy? Worrisome is the fact that, no single media in Nigeria has even raised the issue! Is it a case of oversight or deliberate attempt to look elsewhere? Well, maybe it is a case of all animals are equal but some are more equal than the others after all, he appears to be GEJ’s boy!
[/quote]

OLODO 1 OF NAIRALAND.YOU WANT TO PUT SAND FOR ANOTHER MAN GARRI SHEY?IMBe!!!!!!!""
Re: Access Bank's MD In Office For Over 10 Years: Why? by RichDad1(m): 10:26am On Sep 25, 2012
ohnyore:

Dude its spelt Puerto Rico
We don hear. Mr Costa Rica
Re: Access Bank's MD In Office For Over 10 Years: Why? by Tinyemeka(m): 11:52am On Sep 25, 2012
By their replies, ye shall know them.
Re: Access Bank's MD In Office For Over 10 Years: Why? by Tinyemeka(m): 11:56am On Sep 25, 2012
val_dubem:

I think I need to lecture U on hw Access Bank acquired intercontinental. And for ur info, not only do I knw more of current affairs than U, I am a graduate of B.SC Banking and finance. So u dnt need to tell me about banks

Dude you fall my hand. Why didn't you leave out the B.Sc?

How did Access bank acquire ICB?
Re: Access Bank's MD In Office For Over 10 Years: Why? by ideylaff: 2:09pm On Sep 25, 2012
Tinyemeka:

Dude you fall my hand. Why didn't you leave out the B.Sc?

How did Access bank acquire ICB?

Leave that side as dodgy as it comes... access was a debtor to intercontinental bank with loan books as big as the 10 commandments scrolls and Sanusi gave AMCON (his croonies) the go ahead to use tax payers money to mopp up Intercontinentals Debst and then picked Access bank as the main share holder even though what they brought to the table was less that the required amount...

A pity that Intercontinental's Erastus Akingbola also put his hand in the cookie jar hance he had no maral standing to fight the fight anyway

Cant you tell its dodgy wheh a whole CBN governor passed a comment like this in London over a court case. how can a CBN Governor say this ? it means sometin don die 4 dia.. We will Sell Akingbola’s Property to Recover Stolen Funds’

Sanusi is using Chike Obi/AMCON to acquire choice aseets based on their own valuation and den its sold off to their croonies Cant you see

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/-8216-we-will-sell-akingbola-8217-s-property-to-recover-stolen-funds-8217-/121399/

http://www.leadership.ng/nga/articles/31502/2012/08/02/well_sell_akingbolas_property_sanusi.html

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/intercontinental-access-bank-merger-how-cbn-sold-bank-its-debtors

How can Sanusi a learned man be talking to the international press lijke this, is he a lwa enforcement officer to pass a comment like this?. Dont get me wront Sanusi has his good sides and bad sides ooo, i just think hes getting carried away, power drunk and hes fast destroying a few good things he started.

Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely big time... i'd say/leave it at that.

Access Bank taken over Intercontinental was a croony and dodgy job... orchestrated by sanusi and AMCON his shakara decoy Asset management Company he's fooling the whole of Nigeria with

Just the icing on the cake more deeper stories we cannot talk about on here

The loan documents show that Mr. Aig-Imokhuede and Herbert Wigwe, as the Director and CEO respectively of Access Bank and also co-owners of United Alliance Company, borrowed a total of N16.3 billion from InterContinental Bank as of May 31, 2009. The loan was to be repaid in 36 months. However, once the cash was released to the company, the debtors defaulted on their loans.
Re: Access Bank's MD In Office For Over 10 Years: Why? by Hemanwel(m): 4:10pm On Sep 25, 2012
val_dubem:

I CAN BET WITH D LAST DROP OF MY BLOOD DAT DIS GUY WAZ A PARTIMER.
Re: Access Bank's MD In Office For Over 10 Years: Why? by kaboninc(m): 4:19pm On Sep 25, 2012
keeeem: Nigeria is a funny country. Even the youth who are supposed to be leaders of tomorrow have lost it for just a pot of pooh. Very unfortunate. Someone described Aig as an astute banker, an accomplished and I can do nothing but shake my head that we are a goner. Astute? Aig managed Access bank for 10 years and no significant growth. Fraudulently they acquired Intercontinental bank and the signs are there that the ant has carried sugar. Every aspect of the whole bank is failing because the bank has rookies all over the place. The performance of any bank MD is measured by the workforce. Has any of the commentators here bothered to talk to staff of that institution to perceive the atmosphere? Just a random sampling will reveal some things. A bank that calls people to management meeting at 6am on a monday morning? FBN with all the money the bank has does not meet 6am nor do they even do meetings from 6pm to 5am in the morning and still expect people in that session to be in the office by 8am. This is a theater of the absurd. In some few years to come by His grace Nairaland will still exist and we shall all come here to talk about Access Bank and we shall measure Aig again to know whether he is an astute banker or not. The house of lies that Sanusi built, only time will tell just as the intervention fund given to the Aviation industry has not made any meaningful impact. Where is the money Air Nigeria under Jimoh Ibrahim got? where is Arik's own? Where is Aero's own too? Astute bankers indeed
You've made strong allegations here. Hope you can prove them.
Re: Access Bank's MD In Office For Over 10 Years: Why? by kaboninc(m): 4:42pm On Sep 25, 2012
ideylaff:

Leave that side as dodgy as it comes... access was a debtor to intercontinental bank with loan books as big as the 10 commandments scrolls and Sanusi gave AMCON (his croonies) the go ahead to use tax payers money to mopp up Intercontinentals Debst and then picked Access bank as the main share holder even though what they brought to the table was less that the required amount...

A pity that Intercontinental's Erastus Akingbola also put his hand in the cookie jar hance he had no maral standing to fight the fight anyway

Cant you tell its dodgy wheh a whole CBN governor passed a comment like this in London over a court case. how can a CBN Governor say this ? it means sometin don die 4 dia.. We will Sell Akingbola’s Property to Recover Stolen Funds’

Sanusi is using Chike Obi/AMCON to acquire choice aseets based on their own valuation and den its sold off to their croonies Cant you see

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/-8216-we-will-sell-akingbola-8217-s-property-to-recover-stolen-funds-8217-/121399/

http://www.leadership.ng/nga/articles/31502/2012/08/02/well_sell_akingbolas_property_sanusi.html

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/intercontinental-access-bank-merger-how-cbn-sold-bank-its-debtors

How can Sanusi a learned man be talking to the international press lijke this, is he a lwa enforcement officer to pass a comment like this?. Dont get me wront Sanusi has his good sides and bad sides ooo, i just think hes getting carried away, power drunk and hes fast destroying a few good things he started.

Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely big time... i'd say/leave it at that.

Access Bank taken over Intercontinental was a croony and dodgy job... orchestrated by sanusi and AMCON his shakara decoy Asset management Company he's fooling the whole of Nigeria with

Just the icing on the cake more deeper stories we cannot talk about on here

The loan documents show that Mr. Aig-Imokhuede and Herbert Wigwe, as the Director and CEO respectively of Access Bank and also co-owners of United Alliance Company, borrowed a total of N16.3 billion from InterContinental Bank as of May 31, 2009. The loan was to be repaid in 36 months. However, once the cash was released to the company, the debtors defaulted on their loans.

I just found this from the link you posted.

Reacting to a High Court of Justice,
Queen’s Bench Division ruling in
London, Sanusi said: “We have a
ruling for N164billion against
Akingbola. This means that if he is
unable to pay back the money we
can sell all the assets he has in the
world until we recover the money.”
Re: Access Bank's MD In Office For Over 10 Years: Why? by bankyblue(m): 6:53pm On Sep 25, 2012
Shalomé: U Need to Read and No more...WTF...Who's the mumu here?
correction noted, no-know more. . . . . . but that guy na ye ye guy.
Re: Access Bank's MD In Office For Over 10 Years: Why? by valdubem(m): 7:34am On Sep 26, 2012
Hemanwel: I CAN BET WITH D LAST DROP OF MY BLOOD DAT DIS GUY WAZ A PARTIMER.

Then get ready to die coz I will drain ur blood to d last drop

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Journey To $5000 Per Month From Blogging %69 Percent Done / How Often Do You See ₦10 Notes? / Tips On Starting A Small Scale Supermarket

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.