Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,146 members, 7,815,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:47 AM

Problems With Computer Keypad - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Problems With Computer Keypad (849 Views)

Help Me With Computer Installation Procedures. / Help With Computer Historical Development Of Computer Software And Hardware / Cyber-cafe Operators in Festac Having Problems With Police (419) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Problems With Computer Keypad by doziej84: 7:56pm On Sep 24, 2012
my keypad has refused to type even after putting on my system.

does anyone know the solution to this problem. kindly help.

thanks
Re: Problems With Computer Keypad by PasNet: 8:25pm On Sep 24, 2012
If the keyboard refused to type anything, u can do a manual re-install by just removing it and then fixing it back. Now if it persists, it is either one of the following

1. The PC needs either an outright format or an OS repair.

2. The keyboard is gone bad and needs outright replacement
Re: Problems With Computer Keypad by lanreni: 5:20pm On Oct 24, 2012
switch off the sytem,open the keyboard compartment(easy if it is with hp).check if the flex cable from d keyboard is properly fitted to its socket or it has suffered damage of any kind.restart system.if thesame,then go for the ouright change.dis workd for my pc
Re: Problems With Computer Keypad by GOLDBAND: 7:25am On Oct 25, 2012
doziej84: my keypad has refused to type even after putting on my system.

does anyone know the solution to this problem. kindly help.

thanks

How far with your keypad
Re: Problems With Computer Keypad by doziej84: 6:57am On Oct 27, 2012
lanreni: switch off the sytem,open the keyboard compartment(easy if it is with hp).check if the flex cable from d keyboard is properly fitted to its socket or it has suffered damage of any kind.restart system.if thesame,then go for the ouright change.dis workd for my pc

bros, its a laptop keypad, hence am a bit confused on getting it lose, but i'll give it a try.

thanks

(1) (Reply)

My Laptop Has A Virus!!! / We Sale, Install Repair Upgrade And Do Maintenance Of Inverter And Solar System. / Windows8.1 Start Page Apps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.