Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,231 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:12 AM

Help Me With Computer Installation Procedures. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help Me With Computer Installation Procedures. (906 Views)

Problems With Computer Keypad / How You Can Make It With Computer+internet / Help With Computer Historical Development Of Computer Software And Hardware (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Me With Computer Installation Procedures. by Gwazah(m): 6:18pm On May 14, 2015
I want to know the procedure for formatting and reinstalling my desktop computer, what and what software do I need? pls help.
My engineer do charged me much and I feel I should be doing it by my self.
Windows 7.
Re: Help Me With Computer Installation Procedures. by lomprico(m): 6:48pm On May 14, 2015
How much does he charge u?

1 Like

Re: Help Me With Computer Installation Procedures. by Gwazah(m): 6:54pm On May 14, 2015
lomprico:
How much does he charge u?
3k at least.
Re: Help Me With Computer Installation Procedures. by lomprico(m): 7:00pm On May 14, 2015
Gwazah:

3k at least.
Its fair na but u can learn n do it yourself.

1 Like

Re: Help Me With Computer Installation Procedures. by lomprico(m): 7:45pm On May 14, 2015
Back up ur files (if important), set the boot options to start from cd/dvd rom in d bios setup (to get to the bios set-up press f2, f9 or f10[depends on d brand of system most hp is f9, dell f2 ] when the system is just about to boot)
To select d priority boot option press f5 or f6 one u have selected cd/dvd boot hit f10 to save n exit.
Now slot ur widows cd into d cd rom and restart ur system. U will see somfim like 'click any botton to boot from cd' do that.

I wan go chop will continu leta.

1 Like

Re: Help Me With Computer Installation Procedures. by Gwazah(m): 9:44pm On May 14, 2015
lomprico:

Its fair na but u can learn n do it yourself.
Yeah! that's what I want.
Re: Help Me With Computer Installation Procedures. by Gwazah(m): 9:48pm On May 14, 2015
lomprico:
Back up ur files (if important), set the boot options to start from cd/dvd rom in d bios setup (to get to the bios set-up press f2, f9 or f10[depends on d brand of system most hp is f9, dell f2 ] when the system is just about to boot)
To select d priority boot option press f5 or f6 one u have selected cd/dvd boot hit f10 to save n exit.
Now slot ur widows cd into d cd rom and restart ur system. U will see somfim like 'click any botton to boot from cd' do that.

I wan go chop will continu leta.
Much tanx guy, still waiting till u finish eating, I guess u have finished eating self.
Re: Help Me With Computer Installation Procedures. by lomprico(m): 10:02pm On May 14, 2015
Gwazah:

Much tanx guy, still waiting till u finish eating, I guess u have finished eating self.
Back! I forgot abt this thread sef.

1 Like

Re: Help Me With Computer Installation Procedures. by lomprico(m): 10:19pm On May 14, 2015
Ok! After clicking any botton, the system files start loading, it will seem as if the os is booting normally till u see 'install windows', click on it, u will see the version of windows u want, be it ultimate, professional, starter etc (ultimate is d best) u will see x84 or x64 at d end of any of the version, choose the x84 if u r not sure the bit of ur system. Click the win 7 ultimate x86 and it will take u to a page that shows upgrade windows and load new windows (or there about) select the load new windows.
This takes u to another page where u see ur disc partitions select d partition labelled c: (u can format this partition or just reload d os on it) click next and ur os starts installing. (this can take up to 30 - 45mins)
During this process, d system will restart twice. After d second restart u can then set up the os with ur name, password, etc. Thats all!
Note! After the 1st restart, when d system is about to boot it shows that ' click any key to boot from cd/dvd' just ignore it, dont click any botton. After a few seconds it resumes to its installation.

2 Likes

Re: Help Me With Computer Installation Procedures. by lomprico(m): 10:23pm On May 14, 2015
As for the softwares u need the basics, browsers, office suite, pdf reader, media player, most importantly u need to reload it with its drivers so u'll need a drivers software cd.

2 Likes

Re: Help Me With Computer Installation Procedures. by lomprico(m): 10:24pm On May 14, 2015
Ciao!

1 Like

Re: Help Me With Computer Installation Procedures. by Gwazah(m): 8:20am On May 15, 2015
lomprico:
Ok! After clicking any botton, the system files start loading, it will seem as if the os is booting normally till u see 'install windows', click on it, u will see the version of windows u want, be it ultimate, professional, starter etc (ultimate is d best) u will see x84 or x64 at d end of any of the version, choose the x84 if u r not sure the bit of ur system. Click the win 7 ultimate x86 and it will take u to a page that shows upgrade windows and load new windows (or there about) select the load new windows.
This takes u to another page where u see ur disc partitions select d partition labelled c: (u can format this partition or just reload d os on it) click next and ur os starts installing. (this can take up to 30 - 45mins)
During this process, d system will restart twice. After d second restart u can then set up the os with ur name, password, etc. Thats all!
Note! After the 1st restart, when d system is about to boot it shows that ' click any key to boot from cd/dvd' just ignore it, dont click any botton. After a few seconds it resumes to its installation.
Thanks sooooo much I am going to try it now and give u the result.
Re: Help Me With Computer Installation Procedures. by Gwazah(m): 8:50am On May 15, 2015
lomprico:
As for the softwares u need the basics, browsers, office suite, pdf reader, media player, most importantly u need to reload it with its drivers so u'll need a drivers software cd.
Tnx, I will never let this knowledge down.
Re: Help Me With Computer Installation Procedures. by lomprico(m): 11:58am On May 15, 2015
Gwazah:

Tnx, I will never let this knowledge down.
you are welcome, this video will help more

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daNUxkXRzoI

1 Like

Re: Help Me With Computer Installation Procedures. by bedfordng(m): 12:22pm On May 15, 2015
Gwazah:
I want to know the procedure for formatting and reinstalling my desktop computer, what and what software do I need? pls help.
My engineer do charged me much and I feel I should be doing it by my self.
Windows 7.
you will need the windows installation file either in DvD or flash drive bootable, then run it and follow the instruction displayed during the installation. You may want to search online for further help
Re: Help Me With Computer Installation Procedures. by chudeTV: 7:23pm On May 15, 2015

(1) (Reply)

Running Android Apps On Pc / The Nine Most Important Updates In Windows 10 / More Than 100 Keyboard Shortcuts Keys On Window

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.