Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,243 members, 7,811,684 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:08 PM

Dangote Flour Sells 63% Stake To South African Firm - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote Flour Sells 63% Stake To South African Firm (9818 Views)

South African Firm Halts $6.4m Investment In Nigeria / Dangote Appoint Daughter As Head Of Tiger Brands Formely Dangote Flour Mills(pic / Tiger Brands To Increase Stake In Dangote Flour To 70% (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dangote Flour Sells 63% Stake To South African Firm by mukina2: 9:49am On Sep 25, 2012
South African consumer goods firm Tiger Brands said on Tuesday Nigerian authorities had cleared its 1.5 billion rand ($181.98 million) purchase of a majority stake in Nigeria’s Dangote Flour Mills.

The deal, which is the firm’s third, is the biggest in the Nigerian flour market.

“Tiger Brands believes, particularly for consumer goods, that the potential of the Nigerian market is significant,” the company said in a statement.

Tiger Brands will acquire just over 63 percent of Dangote Flour, a flour and pasta maker owned by billionaire industrialist Aliko Dangote.

The company is the second largest flour milling company in Nigeria with a market share of about 30 percent. It also has about 40 percent of the country’s pasta market.

Tiger Brands has been ramping up its expansion in fast-growing African markets and last year increased its footprint outside its home base with acquisitions in Nigeria and Ethiopia.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/09/25/south-african-firms-buys-63-per-cent-of-dangote-flour/
Re: Dangote Flour Sells 63% Stake To South African Firm by Nobody: 9:54am On Sep 25, 2012
Dangote is up to something new..

Or is he trying to make up for the "no more bank loan" syndrome.. ? (well I doubt.. we are talking about the richest black man here)
Re: Dangote Flour Sells 63% Stake To South African Firm by amosy007: 7:31pm On Sep 25, 2012
hmmmmmm i hope they wont take over the company soon.... i cant stand another south african company exploiting us
dangote is a devil but devil we know is better than the angel we dont

6 Likes

Re: Dangote Flour Sells 63% Stake To South African Firm by consultmartins(m): 7:33pm On Sep 25, 2012
Take it or leave it,Dangote has a goal to be one of the top ten richest men in the world. He reducing his stake in other companies to concentrate on making Dangote cement, the world best. Expect his LSE listing anytime soon. I look forward to seeing his name on the top ten list of world billionaires. Go Dangote go.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Flour Sells 63% Stake To South African Firm by Nobody: 7:34pm On Sep 25, 2012
amosy007: hmmmmmm i hope they wont take over the company soon.... i cant stand another south african company exploiting us
Dangote is not devilish
Re: Dangote Flour Sells 63% Stake To South African Firm by Nobody: 7:34pm On Sep 25, 2012
This could affect the price of bread.

6 Likes

Re: Dangote Flour Sells 63% Stake To South African Firm by Nobody: 7:35pm On Sep 25, 2012
jammyng: This could affect the price of bread.
you mean cassava bread ??

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Flour Sells 63% Stake To South African Firm by amosy007: 7:36pm On Sep 25, 2012
acidosis™:

Dangote is not devilish

says who?
Re: Dangote Flour Sells 63% Stake To South African Firm by Nobody: 7:37pm On Sep 25, 2012
How many Tiger product we go get for naija? We get Tiger Battery,Tiger Generator and Tiger Torch.now na Tiger Flour! Na Tiger be the only animal wey God create? Tiger ko! Antelope ni! undecided

17 Likes

Re: Dangote Flour Sells 63% Stake To South African Firm by k2039: 7:56pm On Sep 25, 2012
just wondering if dangote flour wont be rebranded since the SA company now owns a higher stake
Re: Dangote Flour Sells 63% Stake To South African Firm by omiobo: 7:59pm On Sep 25, 2012
I bad pass tony montana

1 Like

Re: Dangote Flour Sells 63% Stake To South African Firm by Orikinla(m): 8:24pm On Sep 25, 2012
consultmartins: Take it or leave it,Dangote has a goal to be one of the top ten richest men in the world. He reducing his stake in other companies to concentrate on making Dangote cement, the world best. Expect his LSE listing anytime soon. I look forward to seeing his name on the top ten list of world billionaires. Go Dangote go.

Wishful thinking.
Re: Dangote Flour Sells 63% Stake To South African Firm by kelvincoll(m): 8:32pm On Sep 25, 2012
amosy007: hmmmmmm i hope they wont take over the company soon.... i cant stand another [b]south african company exploiting [/b]us

Dangote should learn from the tragedic Multilink/Telkom Story grin grin
Re: Dangote Flour Sells 63% Stake To South African Firm by CLIQBOY(m): 8:34pm On Sep 25, 2012
Re: Dangote Flour Sells 63% Stake To South African Firm by Nobody: 8:52pm On Sep 25, 2012
I consider $181.98 million too small for a 63% stake in the Dangote Flour Mill. I didnt know the company wasnt worth really much, I can authoritatively say that Dangote has made a good decision selling the shares and ploughing back little funds to the Cement Industry. I didnt know that the flour mill was worth almost not much. Nice step by Dangote, You remain my business role model in Africa.
Re: Dangote Flour Sells 63% Stake To South African Firm by Nobody: 8:57pm On Sep 25, 2012
k2039: just wondering if dangote flour wont be rebranded since the SA company now owns a higher stake
It will be obviously rebranded if the majority stake holder feels so. 63% is majority, but its nothing considered to what Dangote can do with $181.98 million in the Cement Industry. Dangote is also investing in Power Sector, and $181.98 million input if actually added to his stakes in the power sector will catapult Dangote into the world's richest man. Do you know what it means to own a power plant and/or distribution license? Dangote will beat Bill Gates within 5 years, mark my word.

4 Likes

Re: Dangote Flour Sells 63% Stake To South African Firm by specco(m): 8:59pm On Sep 25, 2012
I am not excited about this news at all. When you take into consideration our running battle with other S A owned companies in Nigeria like MTN and Multichoice then you would predict where the price of this important staple food (bread) is headed. It is a pity that they have now taken control of Danflour.

3 Likes

Re: Dangote Flour Sells 63% Stake To South African Firm by Nobody: 9:03pm On Sep 25, 2012
specco: I am not excited about this news at all. When you take into consideration our running battle with other S A owned companies in Nigeria like MTN and Multichoice then you would predict where the price of this important staple food (bread) is headed. It is a pity that they have now taken control of Danflour.
If banks are not offering the man more loans, the man has no choice, he has to find money to meet his priority needs in energy and cement. bad news for our sovereign pride, goodnews for the man.
Re: Dangote Flour Sells 63% Stake To South African Firm by Nobody: 9:04pm On Sep 25, 2012
CASSAVA BREAD IS HERE grin grin

SO FLOUR NO DEY IMPORTANT AGAIN LOL grin

1 Like

Re: Dangote Flour Sells 63% Stake To South African Firm by Wiseoldman: 9:16pm On Sep 25, 2012
Young man, did u say "beat Bill Gates in 5 years" what are you smoking son. If that would be possible, the you would have to do something about: Windows, Microsoft Office, Xbox, and the others which I have refused to mention.
*N/B: not taking anything away from Dangote (Africa's best) though....

Billyonaire: It will be obviously rebranded if the majority stake holder feels so. 63% is majority, but its nothing considered to what Dangote can do with $181.98 million in the Cement Industry. Dangote is also investing in Power Sector, and $181.98 million input if actually added to his stakes in the power sector will catapult Dangote into the world's richest man. Do you know what it means to own a power plant and/or distribution license? Dangote will beat Bill Gates within 5 years, mark my word.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Flour Sells 63% Stake To South African Firm by dasparrow: 9:16pm On Sep 25, 2012
amosy007: hmmmmmm i hope they wont take over the company soon.... i cant stand another south african company exploiting us

Stop giving South African companies your business/patronage and they will go away and stop exploiting us. It's just that simple.
Re: Dangote Flour Sells 63% Stake To South African Firm by emabe: 9:18pm On Sep 25, 2012
acidosis™:
Dangote is up to something new..

Or is he trying to make up for the "no more bank loan" syndrome.. ? (well I doubt.. we are talking about the richest black man here)
No remember alinko dantata his younger bother has problems with s bank. Sources say dantata is owing banks close to 120 billion so dangote could be raising money 4 him.
Re: Dangote Flour Sells 63% Stake To South African Firm by emabe: 9:19pm On Sep 25, 2012
No remember alinko dantata his younger bother has problems with s bank. Sources say dantata is owing banks close to 120 billion so dangote could be raising money 4 him.
Re: Dangote Flour Sells 63% Stake To South African Firm by Nimakor: 9:20pm On Sep 25, 2012
[quote author=amosy007]hmmmmmm i hope they wont take over the company soon.... i cant stand another south african company exploiting us
dangote is a devil but devil we know is better than the angel we dont if u cant stand them, it means u already knw they ar evil. So there is no angel in play. Jst who is d lesser devil.
Re: Dangote Flour Sells 63% Stake To South African Firm by Nobody: 9:27pm On Sep 25, 2012
Wise_old_man: Young man, did u say "beat Bill Gates in 5 years" what are you smoking son. If that would be possible, the you would have to do something about: Windows, Microsoft Office, Xbox, and the others which I have refused to mention.
*N/B: not taking anything away from Dangote (Africa's best) though....
Must you insult to drive home a point ? I particularly hate, yes, I hate people who insult people to drive home points. Windows products face stiffer competition and has few products as flagship, same can not be said of Dangote, whose investments span Oil wells in Nigeria and Equatorial Guinea, his stakes in telecoms in East Africa, His stakes in Power bids, his stakes in cements production, his rail line projects in the pipeline, Dangote sugar, Dangote pasta just to mention but a few. I still stand by my assertion that Dangote might beat William Gates in 5 years. Cos Bills fortune can only diminish cos bill has reach his peak and can only innovate but Dangote is just beginning

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Flour Sells 63% Stake To South African Firm by Nimakor: 9:28pm On Sep 25, 2012
[quote author=berem]How many Tiger product we go get for naija? We get Tiger Battery,Tiger Generator and Tiger Torch.now na Tiger Flour! Na Tiger be the only animal wey God create? Tiger ko! Antelope ni! : hahahahahahahahaha. Lwkmd. Oooooopsie! I pooped on the floor. Mmmm. Nice.
Re: Dangote Flour Sells 63% Stake To South African Firm by Nobody: 9:30pm On Sep 25, 2012
Billyonaire: Must you insult to drive home a point ? I particularly hate, yes, I hate people who insult people to drive home points. Windows products face stiffer competition and has few products as flagship, same can not be said of Dangote, whose investments span Oil wells in Nigeria and Equatorial Guinea, his stakes in telecoms in East Africa, His stakes in Power bids, his stakes in cements production, his rail line projects in the pipeline, Dangote sugar, Dangote pasta just to mention but a few. I still stand by my assertion that Dangote might beat William Gates in 5 years. Cos Bills fortune can only diminish cos bill has reach his peak and can only innovate but Dangote is just beginning

Change the highlighted to CAN NOT.
Re: Dangote Flour Sells 63% Stake To South African Firm by Goziemiguel(m): 9:33pm On Sep 25, 2012
grin
Nimakor: [/quote][quote author=Nimakor]
I don't kno abt this but iv tru den I wonda howw the so called affluent men rest with all these debt on their neck . Hm I cantooooo
Re: Dangote Flour Sells 63% Stake To South African Firm by Nobody: 9:43pm On Sep 25, 2012
bayooooooo:

Change the highlighted to CAN NOT.

Freedom of speech. 5 years will prove me right or wrong
Re: Dangote Flour Sells 63% Stake To South African Firm by Everest9(m): 9:50pm On Sep 25, 2012
na his business
Re: Dangote Flour Sells 63% Stake To South African Firm by Ozonna(m): 9:50pm On Sep 25, 2012
Guys,heard dis story about 2 months ago and few days later our President increased the import duty of flour by 65% cos of his cassava bread project.

Dangote may've realised that the flour business won't be as profitable as it was and suddenly Manna from haven (Tiger from SA) appeared. Dangote being smart sold his shares.

Advantage of this deal is that the flour business will now be opened for newcomers as Tiger brand will not enjoy the priviledges that Dangote was enjoying and this will give people the confidence to enter the industry.

4 Likes

Re: Dangote Flour Sells 63% Stake To South African Firm by Kslib(m): 9:59pm On Sep 25, 2012
berem: How many Tiger product we go get for naija? We get Tiger Battery,Tiger Generator and Tiger Torch.now na Tiger Flour! Na Tiger be the only animal wey God create? Tiger ko! Antelope ni! undecided
Me sef tire ooh.. Even our girls tiger marks for body don tire me...abi zebra no be animal...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Let Me Show You How To Make 1btc In 2weeks Free / Abia Govt, Ariaria Traders On War Path Over Reconstruction Of Market - Vanguard / 7 Strategies Required To Survive A Recession

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.