Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,201 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:32 AM

Dressing Tips For Overweight Women - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Dressing Tips For Overweight Women (16498 Views)

3 Dressing Tips That Can Make Your Date Special And Memorable / Fashion: Dressing Tips For Short Girls / Dressing Tips For Different Female Body Types (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dressing Tips For Overweight Women by free2ryhme: 1:04pm On Sep 25, 2012
OVERWEIGHT: When people talk about being overweight or obese, they mean that someone has more body fat than is healthy. Everyone has some body fat, but excess fat can affect someone's health and ability to walk, run, and get around, as well as how the person looks and his or her self-esteem.
For now lets focus on what women should wear if you are overweight/plus-sized.

Being overweight does not mean you cant look fabulous, all you need to know is HOW and WHAT to wear.

* Firstly stay healthy, eat whole grain, fruits, vegetables,stay away from sweets and salty foods,exercise at
least every other day or walking around town.
* keep your skin healthy.Bad skin looks bad on people with any figure.
* Practice good posture and how to walk.
* Show the world you are confident and happy.

BUILDING YOUR WARDROBE

* Don't get or buy clothes that are too loose or too tight, these makes you bigger and more sloppy.Wear cute clothes that shows those beautiful curves rather than squeeze or hide them.
* Bigger women have bigger breasts, enhance your bust by wearing V-necks and long necklaces, don't show too much of your bust.Go for good fitted bra, it helps lift the figure and avoid backaches.
* Well fitted undergarment.Also know or find out the best hair.
* If you look for skirt you cant go wrong with A-line, avoid pencil skirts.
* Careful with leggings. Some women, long shirt or dress with leggings is a slimming and fashionable look, however if you have larger hips, things or bottom it look awful.
* Skip spaghetti-strap or halter tops because of your bra-strap that might be wider.
* Buy age-appropriate clothing (clothes that fits your age).

http://willygodpikin..dk/2012/09/how-to-dress-when-you-are-overweight.html?spref=fb

3 Likes

Re: Dressing Tips For Overweight Women by HOTCASSY(f): 5:54pm On Sep 25, 2012
nice tips
Re: Dressing Tips For Overweight Women by sdiq: 1:35pm On Sep 26, 2012
thank God no orobo for ma family
Re: Dressing Tips For Overweight Women by amygreat24(f): 1:41pm On Sep 26, 2012
Thanks!
Re: Dressing Tips For Overweight Women by free2ryhme: 1:51pm On Sep 26, 2012
sdiq: thank God no orobo for ma family
\

I think you have a problem.. what is there to thank God for? Is it now God that created them all?

2 Likes

Re: Dressing Tips For Overweight Women by nyphymi: 1:52pm On Sep 26, 2012
haaa ha, orobo no be disease, i am big and beautiful, and i love just d way i look.

1 Like

Re: Dressing Tips For Overweight Women by Temismith(f): 2:02pm On Sep 26, 2012
Tank u jare Better person
Re: Dressing Tips For Overweight Women by Diamonddamsel: 2:21pm On Sep 26, 2012
Thanks very good tips.
Re: Dressing Tips For Overweight Women by Nobody: 2:33pm On Sep 26, 2012
good tips
Re: Dressing Tips For Overweight Women by luvme2(f): 2:37pm On Sep 26, 2012
More tips:
Self confidence is the key. No matter what u r wearing, once u feel comfortable n confident in it, carry go.
*Radiate confidence. Don't allow urself to feel inferior jst because u r overweight.
*Dont wear high heeled shoes unless u r very comfortable in them. Wearing well fitted n comfortable shoes will help enhance ur posture & confidence especially while walking.
*Try as much as u can to stay around people who genuinely like u just the way u r.
*Last but not the list, no matter what they say or think, YOU ARE BEUTIFUL.

3 Likes

Re: Dressing Tips For Overweight Women by remmyton(f): 2:39pm On Sep 26, 2012
nice thread, i am sure wif this info i am going to educate my friend on how to dress grin grin
Re: Dressing Tips For Overweight Women by jeezybuck: 2:40pm On Sep 26, 2012
Crazy fat babes go begin dey form sexy now

1 Like

Re: Dressing Tips For Overweight Women by Flakeey(f): 2:50pm On Sep 26, 2012
I have been size 8 for over 12yrs, want to add more weight cry
Re: Dressing Tips For Overweight Women by jeezybuck: 2:58pm On Sep 26, 2012
Flakeey: I have been size 8 for over 12yrs, want to add more weight cry

Flakeey why not upload your pics, let me see how i can help you .
Re: Dressing Tips For Overweight Women by Flakeey(f): 3:11pm On Sep 26, 2012
jeezybuck:

Flakeey why not upload your pics, let me see how i can help you .

Really? Is dat ur profession? how will you help?
abi you wan pump me shocked[
fear dey catch me o
Re: Dressing Tips For Overweight Women by jeezybuck: 3:21pm On Sep 26, 2012
Flakeey:

Really? Is dat ur profession? how will you help?
abi you wan pump me shocked[
fear dey catch me o

Flakeey, upload your pic first then i will see if you can still be fixed or you have gone beyond repair. I wont pump someone like you
Re: Dressing Tips For Overweight Women by jeezybuck: 3:46pm On Sep 26, 2012
The poster is referring to Flakeey indirectly

Re: Dressing Tips For Overweight Women by uche13: 4:09pm On Sep 26, 2012
While building your wardrobe with beautiful clothes. Also endeavour to invest in a good gym wear and loose that fat.

Very important wink
Re: Dressing Tips For Overweight Women by Seerer(f): 4:37pm On Sep 26, 2012
Another tip.. Avoid big stud earrings, it make one roundish, go for drops, hoops etc.
Re: Dressing Tips For Overweight Women by Flakeey(f): 4:47pm On Sep 26, 2012
jeezybuck: The poster is referring to Flakeey indirectly

i said ayam slim not obese
olodo upon one grin
Re: Dressing Tips For Overweight Women by jeezybuck: 5:34pm On Sep 26, 2012
Flakeey:

i said ayam slim not obese
olodo upon one grin

Flakeey, now your talking. Maybe we can work something out. Email me at border41200@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Dressing Tips For Overweight Women by Nobody: 5:47pm On Sep 26, 2012
let me add more tips wink
1.Start with a well-fitting bra. Think of undergarments as a foundation to dressing well. Choose bras with wider straps so they dont cut into your shoulders and full cup coverage so your bra will move with your body.

2.Find the right pants that fit your waist, hips and thighs properly without cutting off your circulation or being so baggy that you cant even tell where your waist, hips and thighs are. Visit Kiyonna.com [See Additional Resources] to find premium denim jeans made specifically for curvaceous women.

3.Get the shirt fit right. Make sure buttons dont strain or pull and the length of the shirt hits at just below the hips. Buttons that pull means the shirt is too small and a shirt that hits at the or below the hips gives the illusion of an elongated, smaller torso.

4.Choose a structured jacket made from heavy cotton, denim, corduroy or wool that is wider at the top, fitted at the waist, flare a bit at the bottom and end just below the hem have a slimming effect. Choose a jacket with details such as darting or seams on the waist. Detailing will make the waist look narrower.

5.Pay attention to the cut of your pants. You want to balance your body through clothing to dress well when overweight. So, when choosing pants, go for a classic or wide-leg cut for trousers and a straight- or boot-leg cut for jeans.

1 Like

Re: Dressing Tips For Overweight Women by jeezybuck: 5:51pm On Sep 26, 2012
~vicky~:
let me add more tips wink
1.Start with a well-fitting bra. Think of undergarments as a foundation to dressing well. Choose bras with wider straps so they dont cut into your shoulders and full cup coverage so your bra will move with your body.

2.Find the right pants that fit your waist, hips and thighs properly without cutting off your circulation or being so baggy that you cant even tell where your waist, hips and thighs are. Visit Kiyonna.com [See Additional Resources] to find premium denim jeans made specifically for curvaceous women.

3.Get the shirt fit right. Make sure buttons dont strain or pull and the length of the shirt hits at just below the hips. Buttons that pull means the shirt is too small and a shirt that hits at the or below the hips gives the illusion of an elongated, smaller torso.

4.Choose a structured jacket made from heavy cotton, denim, corduroy or wool that is wider at the top, fitted at the waist, flare a bit at the bottom and end just below the hem have a slimming effect. Choose a jacket with details such as darting or seams on the waist. Detailing will make the waist look narrower.

5.Pay attention to the cut of your pants. You want to balance your body through clothing to dress well when overweight. So, when choosing pants, go for a classic or wide-leg cut for trousers and a straight- or boot-leg cut for jeans.

Vicky you don reach here again What do you know about fat women ?
Re: Dressing Tips For Overweight Women by MrsChima(f): 5:54pm On Sep 26, 2012
There should be decent dress codes for every sizes....i agree fat people shouldnt wear tight clothing but i am also tired of see badly dressed skinny people.

Appearance abd hygiene matters for ALL SIZES.

1 Like

Re: Dressing Tips For Overweight Women by Nobody: 5:55pm On Sep 26, 2012
jeezybuck:

Vicky you don reach here again What do you know about fat women ?

you should ask yourself that

1 Like

Re: Dressing Tips For Overweight Women by dommy2012: 9:49pm On Sep 26, 2012
Well, you can still be fat n still look beautiful more than slim ladies. Its just about knowing how to package yourself.
Re: Dressing Tips For Overweight Women by uyilicious(f): 10:01pm On Sep 26, 2012

if you dont eat well and take care of yourself you will be the first orobo in your family grin
Re: Dressing Tips For Overweight Women by fitnesslover1(m): 2:50am On Sep 27, 2012
exercise and eat well?

1 Like

Re: Dressing Tips For Overweight Women by valdubem(m): 10:36pm On Sep 27, 2012
nyphymi: haaa ha, orobo no be disease, i am big and beautiful, and i love just d way i look.

na lie oo. U no get choice grin grin
Re: Dressing Tips For Overweight Women by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jun 01, 2019
Designgasmed all over this! angry

(1) (Reply)

Who Knows About Neutrogena Light Sesame Formula And Palmers Cocoa Butter Formula / Beauty Pageant: Is It Still Relevant? See The Defence Of Pageant Association / FORA 2020: Queen Cynthia Chidera Emerges Winner Of Face Of Royalty Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.