Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,142 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

Visa On Arrrival At Nigerian Port Of Entry - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Visa On Arrrival At Nigerian Port Of Entry (6809 Views)

10 Reasons Why Travellers Are Turned Back Or Refused Entry At The Port Of Entry / My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. / My Travel Experience & Visa On Arrival (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Visa On Arrrival At Nigerian Port Of Entry by ifegy: 10:17pm On Sep 25, 2012
Has anyone heard about the Nigerian visa on arrival program, where people coming to Nigeria get issued with a visa at a Nigerian port of entry? Is it just for business travellers? Or does it work for visitors too?
Re: Visa On Arrrival At Nigerian Port Of Entry by ifegy: 2:40pm On Sep 26, 2012
Bump
Re: Visa On Arrrival At Nigerian Port Of Entry by 1k001(m): 4:44pm On Sep 26, 2012
Yea does happen, depends on one's nationality. My Kenyan wife got her visa at arrival so i can say for certain it applies to Kenyans
Re: Visa On Arrrival At Nigerian Port Of Entry by ifegy: 4:59pm On Sep 26, 2012
1k001: Yea does happen, depends on one's nationality. My Kenyan wife got her visa at arrival so i can say for certain it applies to Kenyans

Thanks for the reply. I've heard about someone (not sure nationality) who got turned back at the airport in Accra, Ghana while trying to board a flight based on the program a few days ago, so wondering what's really going on. Anyone wever tried it on a North American passport, or know someone who has?
Re: Visa On Arrrival At Nigerian Port Of Entry by nakita(f): 9:27pm On Sep 26, 2012
Maybe it will be better if you get the visa in america before you arrive, nigerian visa should not be that difficult or takes long to get
Re: Visa On Arrrival At Nigerian Port Of Entry by ifegy: 10:13pm On Sep 26, 2012
nakita: Maybe it will be better if you get the visa in america before you arrive, nigerian visa should not be that difficult or takes long to get

Yeah I am looking into that, but the embassy track record/past experiences dealing with them leaves you weak in the knees sometimes, so I thought the visa on arrival might be an easy way out.
Oh well, will keep gathering info.
Anyone else with insight, feel free to give a shout.
Re: Visa On Arrrival At Nigerian Port Of Entry by nakita(f): 11:34pm On Sep 26, 2012
ifegy:

Yeah I am looking into that, but the embassy track record/past experiences dealing with them leaves you weak in the knees sometimes, so I thought the visa on arrival might be an easy way out.
Oh well, will keep gathering info.
Anyone else with insight, feel free to give a shout.
i don't understand what track/past experience with Nigerian embassy?.. i thought U ar coming here 4 the first time. you can click on this link portal.immigration.gov.ng for details explaining how to get nigerian visa on arrival
Re: Visa On Arrrival At Nigerian Port Of Entry by ifegy: 2:19am On Sep 27, 2012
nakita: i don't understand what track/past experience with Nigerian embassy?.. i thought U ar coming here 4 the first time. you can click on this link portal.immigration.gov.ng for details explaining how to get nigerian visa on arrival

Sorry for the confusion. In a nutshell--dual citizen, green passport out of date, uncertain renewal process (e.g., list of requirements includes letter from your local government authority, and there's no way I can get that; fees on the embassy website are different from those on the Nigerian immigration website). Embassy has not been the best to deal with in the past and has been unreachable by phone recently for questions (once there was even a message saying the number was out of service). Given all that, when I heard about the visa on arrival program, it seemed it would cut out a lot of hassle for an impending trip-- if the program was real and working, that is. So I've been asking around about it. Anyway, just got some info a few minutes ago about what seems an easier way to go about renewals, so I'll probably be taking that path. Cheers.
Re: Visa On Arrrival At Nigerian Port Of Entry by nakita(f): 3:27am On Sep 27, 2012
alright then, wish you a nice trip here
Re: Visa On Arrrival At Nigerian Port Of Entry by ifegy: 2:37pm On Sep 27, 2012
Thanks!
Re: Visa On Arrrival At Nigerian Port Of Entry by henrychubayo: 2:58pm On Sep 27, 2012
If you are a duel citizen and 9ja is one of them, then you have no worries. The no one rule of immigration in nigeria is never refuse any nigerian entry into nigeria. Whether your passport has expired or you or you had no passport etc, you will be granted entrance into 9ja but know that you must prove it by your language. You need no visa to nigeria. If you are uncertain about these, then come 4 visa on arrival cause you will get it but visas are issued to foreigners note that.
Re: Visa On Arrrival At Nigerian Port Of Entry by ifegy: 10:10pm On Sep 27, 2012
henrychubayo: If you are a duel citizen and 9ja is one of them, then you have no worries. The no one rule of immigration in nigeria is never refuse any nigerian entry into nigeria. Whether your passport has expired or you or you had no passport etc, you will be granted entrance into 9ja but know that you must prove it by your language. You need no visa to nigeria. If you are uncertain about these, then come 4 visa on arrival cause you will get it but visas are issued to foreigners note that.

Thanks for the info. The only thing I would be concerned about in that scenario is whether you'd be allowed to board the flight in the first place, with an expired passport, and, if you are able to fly into the country, whether you'll have to bribe officials to get through immigration. Anyway, still exploring getting a renewal at the moment. Cheers.
Re: Visa On Arrrival At Nigerian Port Of Entry by 1k001(m): 9:33pm On Sep 28, 2012
You can come into Nigeria with an expired passport and get a new passport while you're in Nigeria. Personally know someone who did it. You just need to have a contact that can ensure you get your passport done before you leave. My passport is about to expire and like you I'm dreading having to deal with the embassy. It's much easier having it done at home

(1) (Reply)

Suggestions Of Affordable Beach Resorts In Cotonou Benin / How To Open A Bank Account In America With A Visiting Visa B1/b2 (pixs) / Nigeria Lost 2,038 Passengers To Air Crashes In 47 Years, Says AIB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.