Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,229 members, 7,829,400 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:11 AM

Police Arrest Lagos Deadly Robbery Suspects - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Arrest Lagos Deadly Robbery Suspects (669 Views)

Police Arrest Lagos, Ogun Bank Robberies’ Coordinator (pictured) / Four Robbery Suspects Subjected To Jungle Justice, Die In Police Custody / Police Arrest Lagos Prince, Others During Cult Initiation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Police Arrest Lagos Deadly Robbery Suspects by Germannig: 11:00am On Sep 26, 2012
http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/police-arrest-lagos-deadly-robbery-suspects

Police arrest Lagos deadly robbery suspects
The suspects allegedly participated in the robbery incidents that left at least, six persons dead, including three police officers
Article | September 19, 2012 - 3:26pm | By Patience Ogbo

The Lagos State Police Command, Tuesday, paraded two suspects who allegedly participated in the recent deadly robbery incidents that occurred in Lagos, on September 9.

The robbery incidents left at least, six persons dead, including three police officers.

Ngozi Braide, State police spokesperson, while parading the suspects at the police headquarters in Ikeja, said officers attached to the Special Anti-robbery Squad (SARS), Ikeja, were responsible for the arrests.

The operation was said to have been led by the officer in charge of SARS, Superintendent of Police, Abba Kyari, who arrested one Rasheed Suleimon at Dopemu area of the state, after acting on a tip-off.

Suleimon later led SARS detectives to arrest the second suspect, Kazeem Enifolabi at Oshodi.

Both suspects confessed to know the members of the gang of armed robbers that participated in Lagos on the September 9, 2012, already tagged 'Black Sunday' by some residents.

The police spokesperson disclosed that the police also recovered ammunition from the suspects.

Braide also debunked claims that the state police did not do enough to apprehend the armed robbers.

"We are on the trail of the other suspects and contrary to belief that policemen did not chase the robbers that day, the police chased them and that was why some of our officers were killed," she said.

"We allowed the robbers to escape to avoid civilian casualties. The robbers were shooting sporadically so we did not want innocent lives to be lost in the ensuing gun battle. But officers are working hard and the fleeing suspects will be arrested soon."

The suspects however, denied participating in the robbery.

Suleimon said, "After the robbery Kazeem came to me and was bragging that they went to operation and they even killed policemen. I did not go with them that day but I am a phone thief. They gave me N3000 to keep my mouth shut. That's all I know."

Braide added that Suleimon "took SARS operatives to Wahabi Street, Akerele, Agege, where the gang members' vehicle was recovered with two AK47 rifles and four magazines hidden inside."

(1) (Reply)

Police Red Alert!:avoid This Places And Be Safe! / India Man Beheads Daughter In Rage Over Lifestyle / Bomb Planted In Gtbank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.