Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

Golf 3/vento - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Golf 3/vento (2055 Views)

Vw Vento And Vw Golf 3, Which One Is Stronger And Easy To Maintain / Can I Change Fuel System From "Injector To Cabaurator" Vento GL / 1996 VW Vento Or 1996 Toyota Camry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Golf 3/vento by bigiyaro(m): 2:44pm On Sep 27, 2012
Pls can someone tell me the price of a golf 3 or vento engine.a very fuel efficient one. Thanks in advance.
Re: Golf 3/vento by Nobody: 7:32pm On Sep 27, 2012
bigiyaro: Pls can someone tell me the price of a golf 3 or vento engine.a very fuel efficient one. Thanks in advance.

VW Golf III Vento engine, but which one? You don't give an engine size, or should we guess?
Re: Golf 3/vento by bigiyaro(m): 8:43pm On Sep 27, 2012
Am sori @siena,i realy dont knw anytin abt car engines,i was tinkin of buyin of golf 3 wagon or vento wit a knocked engine n then replacin it a new engine.pls u can jst give me the price of 2 or 3 diffrent types,but ones that can economise fuel. Tanks alot.
Re: Golf 3/vento by Nobody: 9:25pm On Sep 27, 2012
bigiyaro: Am sori @siena,i realy dont knw anytin abt car engines,i was tinkin of buyin of golf 3 wagon or vento wit a knocked engine n then replacin it a new engine.pls u can jst give me the price of 2 or 3 diffrent types,but ones that can economise fuel. Tanks alot.

The cost will depend on the engine. It's not about one that can economise fuel, it's about replacing the bust engine with the same type, that is the correct engine for that particular car.

If you're thinking about buying a car with a dead engine, that would suggest you haven't got the car yet. I would advise you research the model you're interested in, so you can have a better understanding of what engines are available, and what engines are supposed to fit any given model.
Re: Golf 3/vento by captalex(m): 10:11am On Sep 28, 2012
Siena:

The cost will depend on the engine. It's not about one that can economise fuel, it's about replacing the bust engine with the same type, that is the correct engine for that particular car.

If you're thinking about buying a car with a dead engine, that would suggest you haven't got the car yet. I would advise you research the model you're interested in, so you can have a better understanding of what engines are available, and what engines are supposed to fit any given model.

Thought the same Siena,
As my Highlander's engine knocked I was in the market for a replacement engine.The parts seller suggested that I buy a 3.0 v6 engine but I insisted that mine was 3.3 v6 engine. In rebuilding back the engine for the Highlander any other pointers I should look out for?.
Also see my 'knack-about'Mobile post' which was intended for you
cheers.
Re: Golf 3/vento by Nobody: 10:28am On Sep 28, 2012
captalex:

Thought the same Siena,
As my Highlander's engine knocked I was in the market for a replacement engine.The parts seller suggested that I buy a 3.0 v6 engine but I insisted that mine was 3.3 v6 engine. In rebuilding back the engine for the Highlander any other pointers I should look out for?.
Also see my 'knack-about'Mobile post' which was intended for you
cheers.

Is this a Mitsubishi Highlander? Are you retaining the original engine, albeit it's having a rebuild?
Re: Golf 3/vento by captalex(m): 6:56pm On Sep 28, 2012
Siena:

Is this a Mitsubishi Highlander? Are you retaining the original engine, albeit it's having a rebuild?

No. It's a replacement engine for an 05 toyota Highlander.
I want to completely change the engine .the mechanic said he could open the knocked engine,check the 'mental' and the 'crankshaft' to see if they could be replaced ,so the knocked engine could be saved.
based on your experience handling engines what guarantee would I get that it won't knock again if I change some parts within it? I honestly would prefer a 'tokunbo' replacement so that one doesn't get surprised on thirdmainlandbridge out of being cheap.
Re: Golf 3/vento by bigiyaro(m): 9:41am On Sep 29, 2012
@siena,am tinkin of vento GXL or opel vectra 1.8. but pls i will like u to give me prices of some models (golf 3 wagon)so that it will help me in takin a better decision.tanks alot.
Re: Golf 3/vento by Nobody: 7:32am On Oct 04, 2012
bigiyaro: @siena,am tinkin of vento GXL or opel vectra 1.8. but pls i will like u to give me prices of some models (golf 3 wagon)so that it will help me in takin a better decision.tanks alot.

I am sure u meant Vento GLX. what's makes this glx trim special over the others i.e what extras does it come with that other trims do no have?

(1) (Reply)

At $8m, Maybach Exelero Remains Most Expensive Car[photos] / A Peugeot 404 Urgently Needed / Any Airbag Repair Expert In Lagos?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.