Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,135 members, 7,818,422 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

Two Brothers Arrested For Rape In Ogun - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Two Brothers Arrested For Rape In Ogun (1394 Views)

Native Doctor Kills Two Brothers Seeking Bullet-proof Protection (pictured) / Two Brothers Burnt To Death For Stealing A Motorcyle (very Graphic Photos) / Brothers Arrested For Using Mom’s Car To Rob In Lagos (pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two Brothers Arrested For Rape In Ogun by alex14(m): 5:57pm On Sep 27, 2012
Ogun: Two brothers arrested for raping 19-year-old

Thursday, September 27, 2012

…As man, 34, is caught with human abdomen

From MOSHOOD ADEBAYO, Abeokuta

Two suspected rapist brothers, Adebayo Tosin, 25, and Adebayo Opeyemi, 19, have been arrested by the police in Ogun State.

The arrest followed the alleged gang-raping of a girl, 19, while hawking palm oil along the Secretariat Road in Imeko.

Narrating how the palm oil hawker was raped, the state Commissioner of Police, Mr. Okoye Ikemefuna, said she was stopped by one of the suspects under the pretext of wanting to patronise her.

"It was in the process of negotiation that the boy forcefully dragged me into a place where other boys numbering five joined him and tore my underwear and illegally had carnal knowledge of me,'' the commissioner quoted the rape victim as having said.

The police commissioner further stated: "On receipt of the information, detectives from the Imeko Division immediately raced to the home of the suspects and arrested two of them while other gang members escaped.”

Ikemefuna, who said efforts were on to arrest the fleeing gang members, advised the public to be more security conscious and ready at all times to collaborate with the police to make sure "we sustain the existing sound security networking in the state."

In a related development, a suspected ritualist in Ago-Iwoye, Ijebu North Local Government Area of Ogun State is now with the police after he was caught with human abdomen and other vital parts.

Jimoh Olorunwa was caught after he allegedly excavated a grave and dismembered an unknown corpse buried in the Christian cemetery in the town.

Addressing a press conference yesterday, Ikemefuna said nemesis caught up with Olorunwa following a formal complaint lodged with the police in the town by chairman of the Christian Committee.

When he reported to the police, the Christian Committee chairman had told the police that when he visited the cemetery on a routine check, he discovered that some graves had been broken into and he suspected foul play by some ritualists.

According to the police boss: "On receipt of the information, surveillance was mounted within the cemetery area and this led to the arrest of one of the ritualists at the cemetery with human flesh (abdomen).”

He added that the suspect confessed to the crime and mentioned one Abore, of Odosinusi area of the town, who was currently at large, as an accomplice.

Olorunwa said: "I regret my action and I was pushed by the devil and the harsh economic situation in the state and in the country. I lost my job as a carpenter many months ago and I was lured into the business by a friend who is now on the run.”

Ikemefuna said efforts were on by his command to arrest the fleeing suspects, while assuring residents of the state that security would be beefed up at most cemeteries.
Re: Two Brothers Arrested For Rape In Ogun by alex14(m): 5:57pm On Sep 27, 2012
Re: Two Brothers Arrested For Rape In Ogun by bashr8: 6:03pm On Sep 27, 2012
link
Re: Two Brothers Arrested For Rape In Ogun by alex14(m): 6:08pm On Sep 27, 2012
Re: Two Brothers Arrested For Rape In Ogun by bashr8: 6:10pm On Sep 27, 2012
am begining to think people in the southwest dont see child molestation as a bad thing
Re: Two Brothers Arrested For Rape In Ogun by Afam4eva(m): 6:14pm On Sep 27, 2012
Since this commision got to Ogun state, things have been happening.
Re: Two Brothers Arrested For Rape In Ogun by dayokanu(m): 6:16pm On Sep 27, 2012
bashr8: am begining to think people in the southwest dont see child molestation as a bad thing

Who was the child molested here? Abi you are still thinking of Ojuku molesting 3yr old Bianca?
Re: Two Brothers Arrested For Rape In Ogun by bashr8: 6:18pm On Sep 27, 2012
afam4eva: Since this commision got to Ogun state, things have been happening.
actually social media have really exposed a lot of what is happening in nigeria, before we used to boast to outsiders that nigerians dont divorce till i got to know situation in the north and west ,also this wave of child rape might actually make nigeria the rape capital of africa after south africa we accuse of having a high rape incidence .
Re: Two Brothers Arrested For Rape In Ogun by alex14(m): 6:19pm On Sep 27, 2012
bashr8: am begining to think people in the southwest dont see child molestation as a bad thing

This is one of the most closely-guarded-secrets in the SW. If there was anything like sex offenders' registery in nigeria, 80% of the names that will make it on that list will be of yorubas.
Re: Two Brothers Arrested For Rape In Ogun by bashr8: 6:19pm On Sep 27, 2012
dayokanu:

Who was the child molested here? Abi you are still thinking of Ojuku molesting 3yr old Bianca?
i guess you miss the thread that said 80 percent of girls in the south west are raped before the age of 18, should i find it for you or dont you find that disturbing.
Re: Two Brothers Arrested For Rape In Ogun by dayokanu(m): 6:28pm On Sep 27, 2012
bashr8: i guess you miss the thread that said 80 percent of girls in the south west are raped before the age of 18, should i find it for you or dont you find that disturbing.

And how many percent are molested in Alayibo?

We know Igbo men being the animals they are as exemplified in the Eze Igbo wuruwuru Ojuku who was molesting a toddler called biancar, The ABSU 5, The Cynthia killers, The granny molesters

Its a curse in YYiboland
Re: Two Brothers Arrested For Rape In Ogun by bashr8: 6:36pm On Sep 27, 2012
dayokanu:

And how many percent are molested in Alayibo?

We know Igbo men being the animals they are as exemplified in the Eze Igbo wuruwuru Ojuku who was molesting a toddler called biancar, The ABSU 5, The Cynthia killers, The granny molesters

Its a curse in YYiboland
even the crime statistics of rape we posted several years ago put oyo state as having the highest and south west being the highest in general while south east has the lowest , we can start posting them all over again, meanwhile last week proved the statistics right when a yoruba group declared that 80 percent of yoruba girls are raped by yoruba men before the age of 18 and most of these men are their fathers, brothers, uncles, and people close to them or are responsible for them , yea rape happens every where but child rape is not so common outside south west except for north where child marriages are legal.
Re: Two Brothers Arrested For Rape In Ogun by dayokanu(m): 6:55pm On Sep 27, 2012
bashr8: even the crime statistics of rape we posted several years ago put oyo state as having the highest and south west being the highest in general while south east has the lowest , we can start posting them all over again, meanwhile last week proved the statistics right when a yoruba group declared that 80 percent of yoruba girls are raped by yoruba men before the age of 18 and most of these men are their fathers, brothers, uncles, and people close to them or are responsible for them , yea rape happens every where but child rape is not so common outside south west except for north where child marriages are legal.

But this year alone we have heard earthshaking testimonies from Alayibo on how the men there do women

First the ABSU 5 which was met with a nationwide outrage

late the Cynthia case

Later the case of Old women

The traditional ruler of Ogbozalla community of OpI Nsukka, (apparently the most affected community), in Nsukka local council, Igwe Fabian Ogbuabo, while briefing the public hearing, said the continuous Molestation of old women in his domain was caused by the women's non-compliance with the payment of N100 security levy.

"The women were told to pay N100 each as security levy to prevent them from being Molested, since they are the targets, but they refused paying and this has made the Neighbourhood Watch to relax in the performance of ensuring the safety of their lives" the Igwe, is one-time Secretary to the Enugu State Government (SSG).
Re: Two Brothers Arrested For Rape In Ogun by bashr8: 7:11pm On Sep 27, 2012
dayokanu:

But this year alone we have heard earthshaking testimonies from Alayibo on how the men there do women

First the ABSU 5 which was met with a nationwide outrage

late the Cynthia case

Later the case of Old women

that is because such things dont happen in igboland so any single case will be dealt with because we igbos dont tolerate rubbish but its soo common in yorubaland that its now a normal thing just like corruption. how else do you explain 80 percent of women being raped by their men and nobody cares, its either its normal there or your women are not worth fghting for and defending, even south africa cant boast of 5 percent rape talkless of 80 percent child rape.
Re: Two Brothers Arrested For Rape In Ogun by alkadriyar(m): 7:15pm On Sep 27, 2012
God is great.
Thats why Islam is the most perfect of all faiths in both spiritual and secular. Islam encourages early marriage for both male and female children inorde to prevent these social misfortunes.
God knows why he made our young girls to be able to conciev even at early age of 12yrs. Do we say its a mistake by God?
I always say for those who belive in God, no explantion is neccessary, and for those who do not believe in God, no explanation is possible.
Re: Two Brothers Arrested For Rape In Ogun by dayokanu(m): 7:15pm On Sep 27, 2012
bashr8: that is because such things dont happen in igboland so any single case will be dealt with because we igbos dont tolerate rubbish but its soo common in yorubaland that its now a normal thing just like corruption. how else do you explain 80 percent of women being raped by their men and nobody cares, its either its normal there or your women are not worth fghting for and defending, even south africa cant boast of 5 percent rape talkless of 80 percent child rape.

You read what the Igwe said about the Enugu women? he said they should bring money else they would continue to be rapped.

i suspect the Igwe is the one sponsoring the attacks

[size=18pt]The traditional ruler of Ogbozalla community of OpI Nsukka, (apparently the most affected community), in Nsukka local council, Igwe Fabian Ogbuabo, while briefing the public hearing, said the continuous Molestation of old women in his domain was caused by the women's non-compliance with the payment of N100 security levy.

"The women were told to pay N100 each as security levy to prevent them from being Molested, since they are the targets, but they refused paying and this has made the Neighbourhood Watch to relax in the performance of ensuring the safety of their lives" the Igwe, is one-time Secretary to the Enugu State Government (SSG).[/size]
Re: Two Brothers Arrested For Rape In Ogun by bashr8: 7:25pm On Sep 27, 2012
[size=20pt]The study conducted in Oyo and Osun states in liasion with a non-governmental organisation showed that 80 per cent of girls in south west, before attaining age 18, experience intimate violence and abuse while 31 per cent of girls experience intimate violence and abuse before age 13.
“The assailants who attacked the respondents were their relatives, a few; teachers and religious leaders; family friends, neighbours and male friends
[/size]

yoruba babarians, look at the pain and shame you are causing to your women thats why they cant stand even a year with you in marriage.

http://www.punchng.com/feature/tackling-Molestation-and-intimate-abuse-in-osun/
Re: Two Brothers Arrested For Rape In Ogun by Torch1(m): 7:35pm On Sep 27, 2012
This thread would have made it to front page if the story come from any Igbo states.
Anything Igbo/Biafra generates traffic on Nairaland.
Re: Two Brothers Arrested For Rape In Ogun by dayokanu(m): 7:36pm On Sep 27, 2012
Why would young men like bashr be rapping grandmothers? Its a mental issue I think
Re: Two Brothers Arrested For Rape In Ogun by mekuslogan: 7:36pm On Sep 27, 2012
Jealous Yoruba husband sets wife on fire for accepting wine from another man at party

Metro Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Janet’s backview showing the burns

advertisement

By BARTHOLOMEW MADUKWE

Love is said to be the fire of life that neither consumes nor purifies; but for 35-year-old Janeth Odehgbe, hers was a different case as she has been set on fire by her husband following disagreement over her collecting a cup of wine from another man during a party they both attended.

Recounting her ordeal in the hand of her 39-year-old husband, Mr Kehinde Adesanmoye, Janeth told Crime Alert that on September 11, 2012 around 10 pm, her husband poured petrol on her as she was preparing Indomie noodles for a customer and fire caught her immediately. She was nearly consumed by the fire but for passers-by that rescued her.

She said, "I saw him coming towards me, as he got nearer, he ordered my customer to leave and as I tried to run for my dear life, he poured petrol on me and fire caught up with me immediately. Passers-by rescued me and ran after him to fight him, but immediately they noticed it was him, they all went to their various homes. Then some of them took me to the Police station and from there I was taken to Peaceful Convalescent Center, Alhaji Obe Street, Ejigbo Lagos."

Janeth, who hails from Isoko area of Delta state and earns her living from selling cooked Indomie along Ikotun roundabout, claimed she was illegally married to Adesanmoye (popularly called Ogunlade) after divorcing her first husband.

Trouble was said to have started for the duo on September 8, 2012 when Adesanmoye and his wife went for a naming ceremony of a friend who stays beside their residence at 22, Olaoluwa Street, Abaranje, Ikotun. "As we got to the party, my friends who were also present were hailing me, calling me 'Indomie', because I was known for selling Indomie. I was invited to sit on the chairs they have organized for friends. Adesanmoye was sitting right beside me.

“After some time, my friend, a vulcanizer, Taye offered me a bottle of wine, but I rejected it at the first instance because I was on my menstrual period and I don't want to take anything alcoholic. But when the pressure from my friends was too much, pestering me to take the wine, I decided to take a cup.

Janet & Adesanmoye before trouble started

"Immediately Adesanmoye saw me finish the cup of wine, he got up and started going. I ran after him to ask what went wrong. To my surprise, he started abusing me and asking why do I have to collect a drink from a friend in a party while he was sitting right beside me, and why do I have to kiss a friend in the party too?" Janeth narrated in pains.

The Isoko woman, who noted that her husband (Adesanmoye) could kill her if she should say anything whenever he is angry, pointed out that she never said anything in response to her husband's allegations.

"My husband has always been jealous. He used to beat me every time under any guise and excuse. I have tried several times to leave him but he always threatened to harm me. I stayed with him because I was afraid of him and my life. He always told me that I could never escape from him, except I leave Lagos State. Anytime I said I was leaving him, he would say, no problem, that he would do something to me that I will not forget. Now, see what he had done to me.

He wanted to kill me" she added.

An unconfirmed source intimated Crime Alert that Adesanmoye was later arrested and detained at the Ikotun Police station. His relatives were alleged to have called for amicable settlement, offering the victim a sum of N100, 000 (One hundred thousand), which the victim reportedly rejected.

She however called on the government to ensure that her husband paid for what he did to her, adding "am an orphan. I have no father or mother. I sell Indomie to live. Now, I've spent all my money. In fact, I need help."
Re: Two Brothers Arrested For Rape In Ogun by alkadriyar(m): 7:59pm On Sep 27, 2012
mekuslogan: Jealous Yoruba husband sets wife on fire for accepting wine from another man at party

Metro Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Janet’s backview showing the burns

advertisement

By BARTHOLOMEW MADUKWE

"
Pls make a new thread for this and give a link.
Re: Two Brothers Arrested For Rape In Ogun by kodylicky(f): 9:12am On Sep 28, 2012
crime in Naija is really at a peak.
even dead bodies are not safe and not allowed to rest in peace sad
Re: Two Brothers Arrested For Rape In Ogun by Callotti: 4:53pm On Sep 30, 2012
Na wah for Nigerian men o!
Women are truly endangered in Nigeria! cry
R-ape and molestation everywhere!!!
Re: Two Brothers Arrested For Rape In Ogun by Mrchippychappy(m): 6:25pm On Sep 30, 2012
Callotti: Na wah for Nigerian men o!
Women are truly endangered in Nigeria! cry
R-ape and molestation everywhere!!!

Unfortunately this seems to be the new trend in south western Nigeria . Lord save their women

(1) (Reply)

Why We Killed Three NNPC Officials At Arepo. / 22 Year-old Boy Commits Suicide Because His Sugar-mummy Dumped Him / Mighty Joe Was Executed For Stealing N10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.